Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dancing Star In Night Sky

perplexedstargazer

No time to read every response on every page of this topic, but has anyone suggested outdoor spotlights? That was my first thought. They can be programmed to make sudden movements, although there would normally be a pattern to it.

• 1 month later...

TO: perplexedstargazer,

just wanted to touch base with you on "MOVING 'STARS' ". I live here in NEVADA, IOWA (12 miles east of AMES, IOWA). I have noticed in the SOUTHWESTERN sky-around 1:00 am-when I go out to read my electric meter-a "LIGHT" in the sky that "DANCES" up & down...right & left...& seems to move WEST....then EAST...just as you described.

I am a RALISTIST who believes in METAPHYSICAL PHILOSOPHY. I am 71 & have always watched the sky...on clear nights. I have photographed the MOON in all it's phases & eclipses. I have some "EXTREMELY" close-up pix of it. I have been unable to get a GOOD recording of this DANCING LIGHT.

From all my education, study & experience...."STARS" are "STATIONARY". astrologically speaking....a star is a planet, constellation, or configuration of distant light. stars DO NOT "ORBIT". PLANETS orbit...generally STARS.

I am in the process of getting other people in the neighborhood involved with my sighting & to verify...my eyes aren't playing tricks on me...being 71 !!!!

I hope to have more info as soon as I contact my DES MOINES tv station-KCCI. I hope to speak/email one of the METEROLOGISTS-who generally have some understanding of the sky & stars & "NIGHT-TIME" displays.

will post whatever info I can gather here for your FYI.

THANX

On 26/01/2018 at 8:00 AM, WESSONMAN said:

TO: perplexedstargazer,

just wanted to touch base with you on "MOVING 'STARS' ". I live here in NEVADA, IOWA (12 miles east of AMES, IOWA). I have noticed in the SOUTHWESTERN sky-around 1:00 am-when I go out to read my electric meter-a "LIGHT" in the sky that "DANCES" up & down...right & left...& seems to move WEST....then EAST...just as you described.

I am a RALISTIST who believes in METAPHYSICAL PHILOSOPHY. I am 71 & have always watched the sky...on clear nights. I have photographed the MOON in all it's phases & eclipses. I have some "EXTREMELY" close-up pix of it. I have been unable to get a GOOD recording of this DANCING LIGHT.

From all my education, study & experience...."STARS" are "STATIONARY". astrologically speaking....a star is a planet, constellation, or configuration of distant light. stars DO NOT "ORBIT". PLANETS orbit...generally STARS.

I am in the process of getting other people in the neighborhood involved with my sighting & to verify...my eyes aren't playing tricks on me...being 71 !!!!

I hope to have more info as soon as I contact my DES MOINES tv station-KCCI. I hope to speak/email one of the METEROLOGISTS-who generally have some understanding of the sky & stars & "NIGHT-TIME" displays.

will post whatever info I can gather here for your FYI.

THANX

So, LET me get this STRAIGHT. You have DONE lunar photography, but cannot RECORD a moving star?  Here's some HINTS:

- your CAMERA needs to be STATIONARY, eg tripod mounted, or just use a big chunk of blutack to stick it to something solid.

- do a TIME exposure.  If your camera can't do that, try a MOVIE.  But include some background landscape stuff so we can see it's not you jiggling the camera.. If you still can't get it, then buy (or borrow) a decent camera.. A new one with manual adjustments should be less than $90.  Want some recommendations, just ask.

And perhaps before inviting your friends, why not just visit your nearest astronomy club and ask them to show you their footage of the sky for the periods you claim you saw something.  Also take a long hard look at their equipment and ask yourself why NOBODY on ASTRONOMY forums is reporting any jiggly-wiggly stars...  Please read the thread, btw.

In other words, yes, get your eyes checked.  It's easy to verify if it is a star moving and not your eyes - just go to where something like a roof gutter is right next to the star - is the star moving relative to the gutter?

That's what you would need to record in a movie/image - the star moving RELATIVE to something that is obviously stationary.  I have a decent camera and that would be easy to do - tripod, ISO 800/1600, infinity focus, 10-30 second exposure.....

• 2 months later...

4/9/18:

I see the same 3 stars every night dancing around! Each of these 3 stars are in their own spot in the sky...one to my left, one directly in front of me and one to my right.  They each appear to sparkle definite reds, greens, and blues while they zig zag around in their own little space! Only these 3! A friend of mine brought it to my attention about the one on the right.  I found the other two. But, they do this every night and it's been a few years now... but, I also wondered if anyone else saw these stars as well, now I don't feel alone! And, I'm in Las Vegas,  Nv!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 3:59 PM, Kelly Giannetti said:

4/9/18:

I see the same 3 stars every night dancing around! Each of these 3 stars are in their own spot in the sky...one to my left, one directly in front of me and one to my right.  They each appear to sparkle definite reds, greens, and blues while they zig zag around in their own little space! Only these 3! A friend of mine brought it to my attention about the one on the right.  I found the other two. But, they do this every night and it's been a few years now... but, I also wondered if anyone else saw these stars as well, now I don't feel alone! And, I'm in Las Vegas,  Nv!

Did you read the thread at all, Kelly?

Please find a friend who knows about photography, and get them to do a time exposure.  It's not difficult, although they will need a camera of medium-good quality, probably *not* a camera phone..  Alternatively, get one who knows about astronomy and point us to which stars these are, or which constellation they are in.

Until *anyone* records the 'dance' - twinkling? - Yes, of course that's what stars do.  Dancing? - No.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

About 2 weeks ago I saw something similar to what people here have seen. I was sitting at my bedroom window looking out smoking a cigarette. I live in rural Ireland and I was looking directly south. This star caught my attention because it was so bright and golden yellow and quite low in the sky. I would often sit at my bedroom window and look out but I had never seen something like this before. As I looked closer and my eyes adjusted it kind of changed to a mushroom shape and it had little flashing/strobing yellow green and red lines shooting out of it almost like tiny lightening bolts. It was flashing aswell and moving over and back. I got a bit freaked out so I rang my best friend who lives about a mile away from me to look out her window (also facing south) and she could see it too! We were both freaking out. It looked like the star was a moving object changing shapes and it had flashing colored lines coming out of it. After watching for a few minutes we both noticed it dimmed down a lot and disappeared but then it came back again but not as bright this time. This kept happening it was moving over and back (zig-zagging) and constantly getting bright and flashing and then dimming. I have looked out for it almost every night since but I haven’t seen it! I only have an iPhone camera so if I do see it again I don’t know if that would be strong enough. I also rang my boyfriend who lives about 30 miles away to go into his garden and see if he could see it that night, he went outside but he couldn’t find it at all! He lives closer to the city than I do so maybe that’s it? Or maybe this object was only in my area? Very cool to see but I’m dying to know what it is!?

Keep looking up.

• 2 months later...

Reading the book, area 51, by Robert Doherty I had to think back to 1999 when I was a Sgt in the RNL Air Force. At that particulair moment I was on vacation in Greece, Zakhyntos when around 23:00 I saw a bright light in the sky moving erratically in every direction. I knew back then that there is no plane in the world with that type of propulsion, and there still is none. In the aforementioned book they talk about saucers who move exactly like this and are called bouncers. Now, I am not even near being a big alien complot thinker but i do think governments around the world are having/doing stuff that wont see the light of day for years to come...

Edited by Reverendnl
Name change

• The topic was locked