Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the Future Fixed or Fluid

cloudedmoon

Does the future change dictated by our actions or is fixed, written down in time, that is the way it is going to happen and nothing will change it?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Falco Rex

• Universal Absurdity

• cloudedmoon

• Talon

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe in synchronicity. I think the future changes based on your actions in conjunction with everyone elses' actions.

When I think about all the cases in history where the future of nations or sometimes the entire world changed on one seemingly random act or series of actions, I just can't believe that it's all dictated by fate..

Well, it's official then.. thumbsup.gif

Verily.

Even the best "seers" can't completely predict the futur. It's a very inconstant.

The only thing constent about it is that it's there.

free will seems obvious to me

if i decide to do something i normally would not do, i alter what will happen to me indefinetly, not only would i not take the 'usual path' but i would open the way to an alternate 'usual'.

I do believe in fate, to an extent. i believe there are points in your life that are pre-determined, getting there is up to you. and the choices you make when your points arrive, determine how you get to the next. Either way, there's no way out of the experiences that we chose to have.

What bothers me are the people who live their lives based on fate (faith) as if they have absolutely no choice. Free will is such a powerful tool, to see someone waste it bothers the hell outta me. I never say anything about it tho... its the choice they made, and i'm no one to judge.

post-14-1086672634.jpg