Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Astronaut Theory

Neem

Ok, if aliens built any of these things, couldn't they have done a better job?

I mean there are examples of earlier failures of the pyramids in the deserts right? Some that are lopsided and uneven? So the aliens kind of stood by shouting "you're getting warmer!!"??

Oh, and couldn't they have taught them silly little things like, oh, non-eroding type of materials? Maybe waterproofing?

I am no expert on these things but just a bit of common sense tells you that it was either incompetent aliens or just good old fashion human beings. Some clever ones at that.

Again, going with the "aliens did it" theme...

Couldn't they have taught them helpful stuff? Antibiotics? Food preservation? Plumbing?

I'm assuming these aliens had ships with metal, electricity, plastics, medical supplies, etc. What did they do before they left? Cleaned up really well after themselves? I mean have we even found a minute piece of their equipment, food, materials?

Now, which theory makes more sense?

Nibs

Just a silly question here. Do you know how to drive a car? If you do, does that mean you can build one as well? If I can fly a space ship, does that mean I know how to build a sewer system on an alien planet? If I'm a pilot of said craft, does that mean I know how to manufacture medical supplies on an alien planet? I would think that whatever tools and equipment they had was pretty precious to them and no doubt they kept it well to themselves. Whatever they might have done on this alien planet had to be done with what was here. Why would any of THEIR precious belongings be left behind? They'd be starting from scratch when they got here, to build anything ON the planet. They could have a medical lab aboard ship, but how does that teach them how to build one on the ground? Say they needed test tubes. They'd have to build a glass manufacturing plant first so they could make test tubes. Hardly. They used what they found here that was basic and did the best they could with what was here. Therefore, everything we find will be indigenous to this planet. (If were were visited by aliens in space craft that is)

Just a silly question here. Do you know how to drive a car? If you do, does that mean you can build one as well? If I can fly a space ship, does that mean I know how to build a sewer system on an alien planet? If I'm a pilot of said craft, does that mean I know how to manufacture medical supplies on an alien planet? I would think that whatever tools and equipment they had was pretty precious to them and no doubt they kept it well to themselves. Whatever they might have done on this alien planet had to be done with what was here. Why would any of THEIR precious belongings be left behind? They'd be starting from scratch when they got here, to build anything ON the planet. They could have a medical lab aboard ship, but how does that teach them how to build one on the ground? Say they needed test tubes. They'd have to build a glass manufacturing plant first so they could make test tubes. Hardly. They used what they found here that was basic and did the best they could with what was here. Therefore, everything we find will be indigenous to this planet. (If were were visited by aliens in space craft that is)

Very logical answer, Qoais. KennyB

Yes, I know how to drive a car. Now, if I have a super duper flying car that will take me to other planets then I would be sure to know how to manufacture items incase that car broke down or needed something. OR if my goal is to "help" other creatures then yeah, I would know how to tell them "yeah, that pointy shape is great but if you create glass panels and focus the heat you can do _____".

Build a glass manufacturing plant? Fire and sand. You're good, you can make glass.

Even if they didn't leave anything behind what is wrong with teaching them how to drill wells and pump water? Teach them that the slimy goop on bread that looks like ______ can be used to make _____.

The theory is that aliens came here to aid man and obviously not secretively if they allowed pictures to be "created".

Pyramids are the best aliens could do?

If your argument is that they ended up here accidentally and were being secret then that doesn't fit with the other theories being discussed.

We send astronauts into space and train them how to fix things and send extra stuff with them just in case and they leave stuff all over the darn place.

Nibs

Yes, I know how to drive a car. Now, if I have a super duper flying car that will take me to other planets then I would be sure to know how to manufacture items incase that car broke down or needed something. OR if my goal is to "help" other creatures then yeah, I would know how to tell them "yeah, that pointy shape is great but if you create glass panels and focus the heat you can do _____".

Build a glass manufacturing plant? Fire and sand. You're good, you can make glass.

Even if they didn't leave anything behind what is wrong with teaching them how to drill wells and pump water? Teach them that the slimy goop on bread that looks like ______ can be used to make _____.

The theory is that aliens came here to aid man and obviously not secretively if they allowed pictures to be "created".

Pyramids are the best aliens could do?

If your argument is that they ended up here accidentally and were being secret then that doesn't fit with the other theories being discussed.

We send astronauts into space and train them how to fix things and send extra stuff with them just in case and they leave stuff all over the darn place.

Nibs

Nibs, The aliens didn't come here to aid man. There weren't even any here yet. They came to mine gold. KennyB

Nibs, The aliens didn't come here to aid man. There weren't even any here yet. They came to mine gold. KennyB

What evidence do you have of this?

VonDaniwhatsis and Stitchin don't say that.

Nibs

What evidence do you have of this?

VonDaniwhatsis and Stitchin don't say that.

Nibs

Sitchin's Timeline

445,000 Led by Enki, a son of Anu, the Anunnaki land on Earth, establish Eridu - Earth Station I - for extracting gold from the waters of the Persian Gulf.

430,000 Earth’s climate mellows. More Anunnaki arrive on Earth, among them Enki’s half-sister Ninhursag, Chief Medical Officer.

416,000 As gold production falters, Anu arrives on Earth with Enlil, the heir apparent. It is decided to obtain the vital gold by mining it in southern Africa. Drawing lots, Enlil wins command of Earth Mission; Enki is relegated to Africa. On departing Earth, Anu is challenged by Alalu’s grandson.

Isn't this the plot to that really bad John Travolta movie?

Mine gold? They come a bajillion miles to get a rare mineral on this planet? We the only ones who have gold?

Nibs

Sitchin's Timeline

445,000 Led by Enki, a son of Anu, the Anunnaki land on Earth, establish Eridu - Earth Station I - for extracting gold from the waters of the Persian Gulf.

430,000 Earth’s climate mellows. More Anunnaki arrive on Earth, among them Enki’s half-sister Ninhursag, Chief Medical Officer.

416,000 As gold production falters, Anu arrives on Earth with Enlil, the heir apparent. It is decided to obtain the vital gold by mining it in southern Africa. Drawing lots, Enlil wins command of Earth Mission; Enki is relegated to Africa. On departing Earth, Anu is challenged by Alalu’s grandson.

Evidence?

Nibs

Isn't this the plot to that really bad John Travolta movie?

Mine gold? They come a bajillion miles to get a rare mineral on this planet? We the only ones who have gold?

Nibs

Evidence?

Nibs

Might be. KB

kmt_sesh explains

Kmt_sesh has explained all of this clearly and with support. Other thread linked above.

Nibs

Might be. KB

Huh? Might be what?

Nibs

kmt_sesh explains

Kmt_sesh has explained all of this clearly and with support. Other thread linked above.

Nibs

Huh? Might be what?

Nibs

Well, you asked me and I told you. Whether you believe me or not is up to you.

Might be? Might be the only planet with gold. Might be they traveled a bazillion miles to come get it. How many is a bazillion, anyway. KennyB

Well, you asked me and I told you. Whether you believe me or not is up to you.

Might be? Might be the only planet with gold. Might be they traveled a bazillion miles to come get it. How many is a bazillion, anyway. KennyB

KennyB, all I was asking was for clarification of what "might be".

Believe you? You have a separate idea or do you mean the Stichin one you just posted?

I follow the evidence and the experts. I check out what the experts say and what they use for evidence to support their theory. If it's logical and rational and they can point to stuff that support what they say then that is who I "believe".

About the gold idea, again, just using simple logic does this idea make sense? These would have to be advanced creatures to even get here and they are that dependent on some rare mineral on our planet? And if Earth is the only planet with gold how would they know of it's existence much less to come and get it?

Oh, a bajillion is a "whole mess to the trillionth power". :P

Nibs

*edit to add link below

Happy Reading

Edited by HerNibs

KennyB, all I was asking was for clarification of what "might be".

Believe you? You have a separate idea or do you mean the Stichin one you just posted?

I follow the evidence and the experts. I check out what the experts say and what they use for evidence to support their theory. If it's logical and rational and they can point to stuff that support what they say then that is who I "believe".

About the gold idea, again, just using simple logic does this idea make sense? These would have to be advanced creatures to even get here and they are that dependent on some rare mineral on our planet? And if Earth is the only planet with gold how would they know of it's existence much less to come and get it?

Oh, a bajillion is a "whole mess to the trillionth power". :P

Nibs

*edit to add link below

Happy Reading

We've probably got different ideas of what evidence is. If it's something to do with the Anunnaki, in my opinion, whatever Sitchin says is absolute evidence. Anything your experts have to say on this subject is wrong. They don't have any evidence on this subject, only opinions.

I still can't answer questions on why the aliens do the things they do.

For all I know, the Earth may be the only planet in the entire universe with gold

on it. KennyB

We've probably got different ideas of what evidence is. If it's something to do with the Anunnaki, in my opinion, whatever Sitchin says is absolute evidence. Anything your experts have to say on this subject is wrong. They don't have any evidence on this subject, only opinions.

I still can't answer questions on why the aliens do the things they do.

For all I know, the Earth may be the only planet in the entire universe with gold

on it. KennyB

Well, that would NOT be the definition of evidence. "My" experts aren't mine and they can support their theories.

You have faith in Sitchin, scary, blind faith. He doesn't have a bit of evidence. He has strange and unsupported ideas based on mistranslations and fabrications.

I'll keep my "faith" in they guys who can point at heiroglyphics and say "here, this is where they say that they discovered how to make _____" and "here is an example of failed attempts of how to build a pyramid".

No, you are incorrect about only opinions. Sitchin has a story. Theories are built on evidence. HUGE difference.

Oh, and again, if Earth is the only planet that has gold, HOW would aliens know to come get it here without ever knowing of it's existence?

Nibs

Well, that would NOT be the definition of evidence. "My" experts aren't mine and they can support their theories.

You have faith in Sitchin, scary, blind faith. He doesn't have a bit of evidence. He has strange and unsupported ideas based on mistranslations and fabrications.

I'll keep my "faith" in they guys who can point at heiroglyphics and say "here, this is where they say that they discovered how to make _____" and "here is an example of failed attempts of how to build a pyramid".

No, you are incorrect about only opinions. Sitchin has a story. Theories are built on evidence. HUGE difference.

Oh, and again, if Earth is the only planet that has gold, HOW would aliens know to come get it here without ever knowing of it's existence?

Nibs

Maybe they've got an ESP machine. They just type GOLD into it and it gives them the direction and mileage to it. KennyB

Maybe they've got an ESP machine. They just type GOLD into it and it gives them the direction and mileage to it. KennyB

Seriously??

Nibs

I'm not siding either way here, but this is quite an interesting link. It talks a bit more in depth about the knowledge the ancient egyptians had towards astronomy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_astronomy

There a few other cultures from a time past that had considerable knowledge of astronomy and I think the answer of who built the pyramids in this matter is secondary. Where did this type of knowledge come from? Is what I ask, the idea of some kind of extra terrestrial intervention is quite possible. I feel that the idea of an advanced technological alien race is unlikely though. Could it have been God?

I'm not siding either way here, but this is quite an interesting link. It talks a bit more in depth about the knowledge the ancient egyptians had towards astronomy.

There a few other cultures from a time past that had considerable knowledge of astronomy and I think the answer of who built the pyramids in this matter is secondary. Where did this type of knowledge come from? Is what I ask, the idea of some kind of extra terrestrial intervention is quite possible. I feel that the idea of an advanced technological alien race is unlikely though. Could it have been God?

You realise your suggestion is more unlikely again than aliens also, it would be gods (the Egyptians had quite a few).

Ever heard of studying? They observed and recorded. Why do you think they couldn't do that themselves?

Edited by Mattshark

Why couldn't it be clever humans? Isn't that the most likely?

Observant and thoughtful humans?

Nibs

I've used this example before -

Take a toddler, put him/her on the beach and let them play with the sand...using their little hands they will let the sand slide through and what is it they create? A pyramid.

A clever grown up only has to look at it and can easily improve on it.

No alien involved.

Nibs

You realise your suggestion is more unlikely again than aliens also, it would be gods (the Egyptians had quite a few).

Ever heard of studying? They observed and recorded. Why do you think they couldn't do that themselves?

Well, please realise that im not actually suggesting anything. I asked a question 'could it have been God?' By which I mean an inspirational communicative being(s).. God is a broad term man, and when I use the word I mean exactly that (any possibility, Gods or God, but some type of sentinent yet powerful being) .

Yeah I'm sure they did do what you say along with the other ancient civilizations that had astronomical knowledge, but what drove these people to develop this discipline? What was the key step taken that other primitive pre-dated tribes didn't do?

I will always believe that from the emergence of Sumerians right until what we see today, all foundations of complex, scientific knowledge are an absolute mystery.

Edited by b_kid

I've used this example before -

Take a toddler, put him/her on the beach and let them play with the sand...using their little hands they will let the sand slide through and what is it they create? A pyramid.

A clever grown up only has to look at it and can easily improve on it.

No alien involved.

Nibs

Come on man, be real. I did say I believe the answer of who built the pyramids is only a component of this unexplained mystery (no pun intended).

Seriously you got to make better comparisons than that, playing with sand is well within the realms of physical capability, and is not complex, even the spasticated could make an attempt at this.

Building large land-fixtures is a little more challenging don't you think?

Come on man, be real. I did say I believe the answer of who built the pyramids is only a component of this unexplained mystery (no pun intended).

Seriously you got to make better comparisons than that, playing with sand is well within the realms of physical capability, and is not complex, even the spasticated could make an attempt at this.

Building large land-fixtures is a little more challenging don't you think?

Why? Let's say the clever individual sees the kid do this and thinks -

Hmm...quite a stable structure. Sand would need to be solidified...what if we used rocks!!!

Not hard and with some trial and error (evidence of this has been found) a pyramid is born!

I'm being quite real. I'm not sure what you believe was the catalyst of humans building the pyramids but we do have those who are too willingly buying into some very unreliable and flat out false ideas.

:)

Nibs

Yeah I have noticed there are a lot irritating things to read here (this forum). It's not just the pyramids, but the level of all sophistication before the Sumerians was really minor, basically I believe that, that kind of advance is quite unexplainable.

Yeah I have noticed there are a lot irritating things to read here (this forum). It's not just the pyramids, but the level of all sophistication before the Sumerians was really minor, basically I believe that, that kind of advance is quite unexplainable.

:D Sometimes it can be quite entertaining and some times it feels like pour lemon juice in a papercut.

Thank you for explaining what you think. What brought you to that belief?

Nibs

I wish to start a competition to have a pyramid built in my honor! ^_^

I will accept blueprint entries from ancient egyptians, gold-digging aliens, and little children from the beach(as long as they know I want a pyramid and not a castle, I already have a castle).

The winner will be granted the honor of shaking my hand, and then waiting for me to die so they can bury me. :tu:

Sorry, no ninjas allowed. :ph34r: