Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Astronaut Theory

Neem

You may wish it to be true but facts speak otherwise. He believed in the planet Nibiru that was supposedly 5 times larger with 5 times the mass of Jupiter. That much mass would make it a dwarf star not a planet. As such, no race of beings could live there and so the supposed Annanuki (sp?) living on Nibiru don't exist. Further, the gravity of Jupiter has a discernible effect on the entire solar system so the effects of Nibiru would have been noticed years ago and at this time there most likely would be catastrophic effects on our world yet there isn't even a twinge of something like Nibiru anywhere on it's way to destroy the Earth.

Of course that is just one of the fallacies put out by Sitchin.

• Like 1

If you were living around 1514 this is what you would've said about Nicolaus Copernicus and his Heliocentrism theory:

"The only thing Copernicus is right about is in confirming the old saying "There's a sucker born every mintue". There's no such thing as Heliocentrism. Dugh the Sun revolves around the Earth! I laugh at this idiot! ahahahahahaha!"

You are going to be on the wrong end of this coming paradigm shift my friend.

I guess you don't believe man went to the moon or orbited the Earth or that satellites have been launched not only to other planets and revolve around the Earth. Perhaps you believe the world is flat. In any case willful ignorance such as you display does nothing to support your claims. I believe the statement under my avatar rather nicely sums up your mantra.

If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

In the end, when nothing out of the ordinary especially nothing Sitchin predicted happens, you hopefully will realize the foolishness of following the fringe and ignoring the facts.

• 3 weeks later...

Why are people so quick to denounce the ancient astronaut theory? Sure, Danikan's book may have some inaccuracies, and so does Sitchin's book (which I have read). The evidence is there. I mean, there is no conceivable way that ancient peoples built those pyramids. Yes, it can be reenacted, but we are also stronger; were just men used, or also women and children? Also, I do believe that Lord Pacal's sarcophagus represents an alien ship and he's controlling it. There is no one in the ancient world that was 7-8 feet tall. The Nazca lines I am on the fence. As for biblical descriptions, most used metaphors to explain things, but only if they were intelligent; you can still see remnants of "alien contact" in non-intelligent paintings etc. I also believe that the Greco-Roman Gods and other dieties (like Gilgamesh) represented ancient astronauts.

I dunno. Perhaps skeptics are too "single-minded" to accept another view? :lol::tu:^_^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaimanika_Shastra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronaut_theories

I was brought up in a christian home, so i turn to the bible for such an answer. and oo yea the evidence is defiantly there. pick up and read a bible with the ancient astronaut theory in mind and just see how much more sense the bible makes. :innocent:

I was brought up in a christian home, so i turn to the bible for such an answer. and oo yea the evidence is defiantly there. pick up and read a bible with the ancient astronaut theory in mind and just see how much more sense the bible makes. :innocent:

That's a big part of the problem people in the alien camp have: preconceived notions do not lead to unbiased, objective answers. It's better to allow the evidence to guide you in the development of a theory, rather than to force and twist and skew the evidence to conform to your preconceived theme. I could probably arrive at similar results were I to read the Bible while keeping fairies and mermaids and leprechauns in mind. :alien:

Editing to add: Speaking of leprechauns, a belated Happy St. Patrick's day to everyone!

Edited by kmt_sesh

That's a big part of the problem people in the alien camp have: preconceived notions do not lead to unbiased, objective answers. It's better to allow the evidence to guide you in the development of a theory, rather than to force and twist and skew the evidence to conform to your preconceived theme. I could probably arrive at similar results were I to read the Bible while keeping fairies and mermaids and leprechauns in mind. :alien:

Editing to add: Speaking of leprechauns, a belated Happy St. Patrick's day to everyone!

THATS RIGHT BROTHER!!! Its time some one has said it. I don't believe any thing till I have checked it out and studied it to find my own conclusion. I don't agree with a lot things alien theorist believe. But by my own research and study's.... I find enough evidence to consider it a plausible theory. So I will dig deeper to uncover any and all, truth or lies. :geek:

• 3 weeks later...

Why are people so quick to denounce the ancient astronaut theory? Sure, Danikan's book may have some inaccuracies, and so does Sitchin's book (which I have read). The evidence is there. I mean, there is no conceivable way that ancient peoples built those pyramids. Yes, it can be reenacted, but we are also stronger; were just men used, or also women and children? Also, I do believe that Lord Pacal's sarcophagus represents an alien ship and he's controlling it. There is no one in the ancient world that was 7-8 feet tall. The Nazca lines I am on the fence. As for biblical descriptions, most used metaphors to explain things, but only if they were intelligent; you can still see remnants of "alien contact" in non-intelligent paintings etc. I also believe that the Greco-Roman Gods and other dieties (like Gilgamesh) represented ancient astronauts.

I dunno. Perhaps skeptics are too "single-minded" to accept another view? :lol::tu:^_^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaimanika_Shastra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronaut_theories

My friend, if this post (I can see it's relatively old) in any way reflects your current views--let me say, you've just scratched the surface! Keep going!

• 1 year later...

The ancient astronaut theory is very simple boys. Every single civilization since the first writings of man have claimed "Gods" descended AND ascended from and to the skies, in some religions, frequently. Most of the time in "Godly" vehicles relating to their current tech.

It's like having thousands upon thousands of witnesses in a court room pointing at the accused.

Really its up to the individual as it could confirm their beliefs, proving God does really exist as every culture has seen it.

OR, we can use reason and the collective evidence (along with common sense) to see exactly what the evidence suggests, we were visited.

I gurantee that when we one day travel among the stars and encounter less advanced civilizations, just as we do today, we will infact help them advance.

I would also like to think that with what we currently know about our Universe (however little it may be), it should be considered a severe form of mental retardation to believe we are the only intelligent life in existence. Or in the very least, show evidence of social brainwashing.

So it really is very simple, as the evidence shows either God or extra terrestrials..

I'd also like to add a funny note.. We live in a country where its totally acceptable for the majority to believe in a supernatural being that created the earth in 6 days and 7 nights. Its totally acceptable to believe civilization is only 5 thousand years old.

Yet to think in a universe so infinitely large and ever expanding, its crazy to think theres life other than ourselves. Not only is that insanity, but wildly arrogant.

Its only making a choice between the natural and the supernatural, I personally believe everything can be and will eventually be explained.

Edited by Questfortruth

So it really is very simple, as the evidence shows either God or extra terrestrials..

Prometheus, (2012)

[after Shaw shows Holloway her proof that humans come from the Engineers]

Charlie: I guess you can take your father's cross off now.

Elizabeth: Why would I wanna do that?

Charlie: Because they made us.

Elizabeth: ...and who made them?

[/size]

Prometheus, (2012)

[after Shaw shows Holloway her proof that humans come from the Engineers]

Charlie: I guess you can take your father's cross off now.

Elizabeth: Why would I wanna do that?

Charlie: Because they made us.

Elizabeth: ...and who made them?

Thats a movie.. and they had to do that scene to stay politicallly correct.

Thats just another perfect example of a slightly evolved monkey (human), trying to hold on to what it believes.

But ok, I'll play into that theory, as personally nothing will surprise me.

Lets say we now accept extra terrestrials for all our religions, then that means we know nothing of God.

"God" would have caused the "big bang" and its plan for life in the universe was one that took billions of years. I suppose I could buy that, but then theres that ever so innocent question that even children ask... "Then who made God and where did he come from?"

It could go on and on, but the fact remains, as of now, the most intelligent people this planet have to offer have proven all world religion to be false, so all we know is extra terrestrials exist.

People think its such a big deal and a big leap to believe something like that. Yet they wake up every morning, and walk out their front door and gaze upon a somewhat advanced society that came from billions of years of nature at work. If anything its ridiculous not to accept the acient astronaut explanation. Its not that big of a deal, no more amazing than ourselves. I could simply be their planets are older and theyre had more time evolve and advance, so were behind.

In reality, people that believe in Gods and don't believe theres anything else in the universe should be considered terrorists as they directly cause slowing of the mental evolution of man. They are just like the people that put scientists to death and STOPPED our mental evolution for 1 thousand years. Either that or just too dumb to see the big picture or care.

In reality, people that believe in Gods and don't believe theres anything else in the universe should be considered terrorists as they directly cause slowing of the mental evolution of man. They are just like the people that put scientists to death and STOPPED our mental evolution for 1 thousand years. Either that or just too dumb to see the big picture or care.

Let's pump the brakes here...

Thats a movie.. and they had to do that scene to stay politicallly correct.

Thats just another perfect example of a slightly evolved monkey (human), trying to hold on to what it believes.

I look at it as someone using critical thinking in conjunction with their religious beliefs. The discovery of a race that created life on Earth doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't a divine being(s). It could simply mean that that divine being created more sentient beings than just mankind.

Let's pump the brakes here...

I look at it as someone using critical thinking in conjunction with their religious beliefs. The discovery of a race that created life on Earth doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't a divine being(s). It could simply mean that that divine being created more sentient beings than just mankind.

Just the fact that you're arguing on the behalf on humanities fantasy religions, tells me youre brainwashed. Your opinions are not worth responding to. If you're old enough to be on here talking like this, youre already too far gone.

I pity you.

The ancient astronaut theory is very simple boys. Every single civilization since the first writings of man have claimed "Gods" descended AND ascended from and to the skies, in some religions, frequently. Most of the time in "Godly" vehicles relating to their current tech.

This is simply not true. While most civilisations do have gods, not every single one have claimed to have gods like you claim. (Shinto and Buddhism immediately spring to mind, and there are the Pirahan people of South America. Various pygmy tribes have spirits, but no gods per se, and certainly not gods ascending and descending from heaven.)

It's like having thousands upon thousands of witnesses in a court room pointing at the accused.

No, it's not. It's far more like you deciding /for/ these people what /they/ think and then braying it out loud. Given your sweeping and inaccurate statement above, it's clear you have not taken the time to learn the genres and conventions of all these different societies to learn what /they/ thought they saw in their own terms. You do both these people and yourself an immense diservice.

Really its up to the individual as it could confirm their beliefs, proving God does really exist as every culture has seen it.

If it's up to the individual, why come here shouting about the obvious, other than to let us know just how very clever you are for figuring it out? (If so, maybe you can think twice before hectoring us?)

OR, we can use reason

Go on, you first.

and the collective evidence (along with common sense) to see exactly what the evidence suggests, we were visited.

Again: you go first. We need you to prove you can, first.

I gurantee that when we one day travel among the stars and encounter less advanced civilizations, just as we do today, we will infact help them advance.

My goodness, you don't half go in for big claims, do you? Any other boasts or prophecies you'd like to make? No? Then why don't we keep this to a rational discussion based on facts?

I would also like to think that with what we currently know about our Universe (however little it may be), it should be considered a severe form of mental retardation to believe we are the only intelligent life in existence. Or in the very least, show evidence of social brainwashing.

Well, first of all not every person who's suggesting intelligent life has not visited our planet is suggesting there is /no/ intelligent life in the universe, so you're starting from an incorrect (and lazy!) supposition.

That's to say nothing of your crude and insulting use of "mental retardation" where what you mean to say is "a thing I don't believe". I think we would all be better served to avoid hurtful and inappropriate language like that.

First of all, you haven't provide any specific evidence to discuss, so the evidence shows /nothing/. If you think you've made any significant point, you show nothing other than your own ego and ignorance.

I'd also like to add a funny note.. We live in a country where its totally acceptable for the majority to believe in a supernatural being that created the earth in 6 days and 7 nights. Its totally acceptable to believe civilization is only 5 thousand years old.

You may not have gotten a feel for this forum in the year you've been registered, but you may want to note it's diverse and international. "We" do not all live in the same country or believe the same thing.

Yet to think in a universe so infinitely large and ever expanding, its crazy to think theres life other than ourselves. Not only is that insanity, but wildly arrogant.

I'm glad that to some degree you can recognize 'wildly arrogant' and the fact is generally undesirable.. but it looks like your internal sensors need a little more practice with it.

Its only making a choice between the natural and the supernatural, I personally believe everything can be and will eventually be explained.

Actually, a little bit of study will show it's not "a choice between the natural and the supernatural": students, academics, and scientists have effectively made use of both for centuries. And while I agree with you -- a certain Doctor of note once wisely put it, "to the rational mind, there's nothing inexplicable, only unexplained" -- I don't think the way you seem to adopt here is the quickest or most effective way to explain anything.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

--This is simply not true. While most civilisations do have gods, not every single one have claimed to have gods like you claim. (Shinto and Buddhism immediately spring to mind, and there are the Pirahan people of South America. Various pygmy tribes have spirits, but no gods per se, and certainly not gods ascending and descending from heaven.)

Excuse me.. the majority.. If I sat down and went over the hundreds of differnet religions instead of generalizing the majority, I wouldn't have time to work and pay my bills... excuse me. Its kind of like saying pretty much every car uses gasoline.. only a few don't so its ok to generalize that.

Just so you know using things like that to try and discredit me just make it look like you have nothing.

--No, it's not. It's far more like you deciding /for/ these people what /they/ think and then braying it out loud. Given your sweeping and inaccurate statement above, it's clear you have not taken the time to learn the genres and conventions of all these different societies to learn what /they/ thought they saw in their own terms. You do both these people and yourself an immense diservice.

And I suppose you have?

--If it's up to the individual, why come here shouting about the obvious, other than to let us know just how very clever you are for figuring it out? (If so, maybe you can think twice before hectoring us?)

Like shouting the obvious to a bunch of slightly evolved monkey has ever helped anything..Look at the state of the world. I also didn't figure anything out, people had this figured out long before I was born, there are just alot more open minded intelligent people now so its spreading.

--Go on, you first.

--Again: you go first. We need you to prove you can, first.

--My goodness, you don't half go in for big claims, do you? Any other boasts or prophecies you'd like to make? No? Then why don't we keep this to a rational discussion based on facts?

You are the one making big claims by speaking out against me. You know... you're the guy on the island 10,000 years ago that told the other guy on the island to stop thinking about if there could possibly be anything beyond the seas. Building a boat and exploring was a laughable waste of time. And that sir, is why we are 1000 years behind.

Like I said before, people like you should be considered terrorists and you contribute to slowing humanities progression. People like you are the reason theres no proper funding for exploration, hence NO CONCRETE ANSWERS. Thats whys theres only evidence that can help one draw a conclusion.

--You haven't presented any facts... at all.

---Well, first of all not every person who's suggesting intelligent life has not visited our planet is suggesting there is /no/ intelligent life in the universe, so you're starting from an incorrect (and lazy!) supposition.

Going by the majority bud, stop actling like I have time to write a 5000 word essay and people can't understand the majoirty generalization..I dont have time to do a world study and determine the exact percentage for some infantile close minded monkey thats read afew books.. my apologies. I would like to point out that if I wasn't correct every wealthy country would have a "balls to the wall" space program as they should. Its like I said before, if it weren't for people such as yourself we probably would have all these answers by now.

--That's to say nothing of your crude and insulting use of "mental retardation" where what you mean to say is "a thing I don't believe". I think we would all be better served to avoid hurtful and inappropriate language like that.

The truth is often considered hurtful and inapporpriate.. thats why its generally kept in back rooms. You have to remember, the mjority of humans are extremely unintelligent, so if you believe what the majority believes... well you can fill in the rest yourself. In fact thats one of the many reason that tell me this theory is correct, the massses refuse to hear it. Its a damn clear sign.

Really though, people that think there's nothing besides us in this universe should be considered retarded. I stand firmly on that.

--First of all, you haven't provide any specific evidence to discuss, so the evidence shows /nothing/. If you think you've made any significant point, you show nothing other than your own ego and ignorance.

All the accounts of acient man is the evidence.... Just keep forgetting about that don't you?

Well first of all, there is one piece of evidence that even a brainwashed peon such as yourself cannot argue (all though I'm sure you'll come up with a way).. We are here having this discussion. If we exist, so do they. If our planet can create life, others have and will as well.

--You may not have gotten a feel for this forum in the year you've been registered, but you may want to note it's diverse and international. "We" do not all live in the same country or believe the same thing.

Well thats good, Americans would'nt notice the truth if it gave them a colonoscopy. You must be from the US.

--I'm glad that to some degree you can recognize 'wildly arrogant' and the fact is generally undesirable.. but it looks like your internal sensors need a little more practice with it.

--Actually, a little bit of study will show it's not "a choice between the natural and the supernatural": students, academics, and scientists have effectively made use of both for centuries. And while I agree with you -- a certain Doctor of note once wisely put it, "to the rational mind, there's nothing inexplicable, only unexplained" -- I don't think the way you seem to adopt here is the quickest or most effective way to explain anything.

Now see thats what I say about religion/the supernatural. Humanity is already taking the easiest way to explain everything, God.

And those that claim there is not a choice between the natural and supernatural are simply not able to shake their social brainwashing. You have to remember (just about) everywhere children are raised to believe in a supernatural creator among various other things... spirits, ghosts, the after life, luck, coincidence, karma ect.

Humanity has the potential to be intelligent and open minded, people like you just have to die off, and hopefully not reproduce and pass down the brainwashing.

Now if there is any other evidence explaining what else these anceint stories of technology could be, I'm all ears, especially since I'm on my 7th chapter in a book I'm writing about the subject.

Of course I could be wrong and humanities 100's of account of Gods in flying machines could all be a collective world conspiracy by ancient man to make it look like we were visited. In reality that IS the only fact this theory rests on.. was it "God" or people from other planets?

So very simply, the question is... Are you just a talking hairless monkey or a slightly evolved talking hairless monkey?

--Jaylemurph

Edited by Questfortruth

Excuse me.. the majority.. If I sat down and went over the hundreds of differnet religions instead of generalizing the majority, I wouldn't have time to work and pay my bills... excuse me. Its kind of like saying pretty much every car uses gasoline.. only a few don't so its ok to generalize that.

Just so you know using things like that to try and discredit me just make it look like you have nothing.

My nieces learned the difference between "some, all and most" before they were in kindergarten. It's no small difference. At best, it shows you lack either the patience or intelligence to make critical distinctions; it's a huge difference to say "all people believe X" and "some people believe X" when you're attempting to prove a point. You can't say "all people believe in gods", so one of your major arguments is gone.

And I suppose you have?

Some of them, yes; most of them, no. But I certainly have learned the limits of my own knowledge and not to confuse what I want to believe with what I can prove.

Like shouting the obvious to a bunch of slightly evolved monkey has ever helped anything..Look at the state of the world. I also didn't figure anything out, people had this figured out long before I was born, there are just alot more open minded intelligent people now so its spreading.

See, this is sort of what I mean, this mistaking "what I want to believe" with "intelligence". There aren't more intelligent people now, or more open-minded people now than there ever were. If anything, there's for more ignorance and disinformation in the world, and (thanks to the interent) lots more access to it. And consequently, lots more people repeating it.

Critical thinking skills (like, say, telling the difference between most, all and some) are just as uncommon as ever.

you are the one making big claims by speaking out against me. You know... you're the guy on the island 10,000 years ago that told the other guy on the island to stop thinking about if there could possibly be anything beyond the seas. Building a boat and exploring was a laughable waste of time. And that sir, is why we are 1000 years behind.

This is another example of your poor critical thinking skills. You are the one making a claim -- "ancient astronauts were popping down all the time". When you make a claim, it's up to you to prove it; you have provided so far no actual proof, other than a rock-solid and unyeilding appeal to your inherent genius in understanding the world. And a few insults to everyone not as clever as you are for figuring it out.

And you seem to think because I don't like your ideas, I don't like any new ideas. This is wrong. You have no evidence for this, so you're jumping to an unwarranted conclusion. I don't like your ideas because you have no proof for them and they all seem to hinge on your critical thinking skills -- the ones that cannot recognize the simple difference between all, most and some and one that cannot (apparently) seem to make conclusions based actual evidence.

Also, I'm not making a claim. I'm not suggesting anything. I can't claim "ancient astronauts did not come". If I were; I couldn't prove it. It's not possible to /prove/ a negative statement: I can't prove you aren't a fish, but you could prove you are a human.

Like I said before, people like you should be considered terrorists and you contribute to slowing humanities progression. People like you are the reason theres no proper funding for exploration, hence NO CONCRETE ANSWERS. Thats whys theres only evidence that can help one draw a conclusion.

Again, you're making conclusions based on no evidence whatsoever. You don't know what I do for a living. I might feed the homeless or work researching a new vaccine. I might even work teaching people how to research the past, how make critical evaluations of it and then write intelligently and persuasively about those evaluations. I might be regularly doing exactly the opposite of what you claim.

But you don't /know/ to make any rational conclusion, so instead you just jump to some ignorant, fantastic one that you want to believe. This appears to be a pattern for you.

I dont have time to do a world study and determine the exact percentage for some infantile close minded monkey thats read afew books..

By which you mean, "I don't have time to research and show I actually understand what I'm writing about", but I think a fair number of other people have arrived at that conclusion already.

The truth is often considered hurtful and inapporpriate.. thats why its generally kept in back rooms. You have to remember, the mjority of humans are extremely unintelligent, so if you believe what the majority believes... well you can fill in the rest yourself. In fact thats one of the many reason that tell me this theory is correct, the massses refuse to hear it. Its a damn clear sign.

The fact that you -- the self-selected messiah of the human race based on your own humble appraisal of your own evident genius -- are brash and insulting about the "truths" you happen to spout has nothing to do with their reception, eh? I would point out if that most people are fools, statisically speaking, you're most people, too.

And calling me a fool isn't much of a barb; I concede I'm not particularly intelligent and am often foolish. Every human is, including you. You will one day discover this on your own. I've been around enough to discover that, though, and to learn the futility of being arrogantly brash and cruel to people who don't deserve it. I should imagine you do ardently desire the aliens to come; you've pretty much worn out your welcome with the rest of us.

All the accounts of acient man is the evidence.... Just keep forgetting about that don't you?

Not one single piece of which you've actually cited. I can't forget something that hasn't been presented yet.

Well first of all, there is one piece of evidence that even a brainwashed peon such as yourself cannot argue (all though I'm sure you'll come up with a way).

I take it by "brainwashed peon" you mean someone who can think for themselves using a reasonable paradigm: you know, what you apparently cannot do. Or without being reduced to actual insults.

We are here having this discussion. If we exist, so do they. If our planet can create life, others have and will as well.

Our existence in no way predicates the existence of any other life. It certainly suggests it's possible, yes, but not that it is either probable or definited. If, for instance, you flip a coin 300 times and get a tails, it doesn't mean the 301 has to be tails. It might be heads. In exactly the same way, just because life evolved through the near-infinite number of twists and option on Earth doesn't mean it has to have happened anywhere else.

But I'm not arguing that. I'm not denying the possibilty of alien life. Again, you're making the unwarranted assumption -- actually two -- one, that the mere existence of extraterrestrial life presupposes they inevitably come here (what if life evolved somewhere after us and is no more developed than a flea? Fleas aren't going to be crossing interstellar distance to gawp at us) and two, that people who do not believe in ancient astronauts think there is no extraterrestrial life at all. That's sloppy, lazy thinking.

Well thats good, Americans would'nt notice the truth if it gave them a colonoscopy. You must be from the US.

I am. But I've been lucky enough to live outside the US, too.

Humanity has the potential to be intelligent and open minded, people like you just have to die off, and hopefully not reproduce and pass down the brainwashing.

And at what point did you begin to mistake your swaggering arrogance in open-mindedness? You're as bigoted and as chauvanist about your own ideas of intelligence and progress and the most close-minded fundamentalist. Which makes your sloppy, uninformed conclusions all the more risible. I certainly wouldn't ever say the world would be better off if anyone (even you) died off, but I hazard it might be if you used your brain more and your mouth less.

Now if there is any other evidence explaining what else these anceint stories of technology could be, I'm all ears, especially since I'm on my 7th chapter in a book I'm writing about the subject.

Oh, joy. Do let us know when you find a publisher, yes? As I've said, why don't you actually provide one piece of all this evidence you claim to possess? I mean, the result of that will be actual rational debate, and clearly from what we've seen from you so far, you're not equipped to handle that, but you seem deadset on showing us all the error of out ways, so I encourage you to do so.

So very simply, the question is... Are you just a talking hairless monkey or a slightly evolved talking hairless monkey?

I'm not a monkey at all. I'm an ape. An Old World ape, which split apart from the monkeys quite some time ago. But then again, you're not good at spotting critical differences like that, are you?

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 2

so all we know is extra terrestrials exist.

No we dont.. we only theorize that they exist.. we do not have proof that they do..

Ancient Astronauts is just another theory that has been bandied about time and time again.. arguments for and against..

Personally there is no proof for the AA myth.. just speculation and misconception on what they class as proof..

• Like 2

jaylemurph

Just so you know... when you start going off topic,mocking someone, and talking about everything BUT the facts of the arguement... It makes you look like you have nothing else.. Kind of like how stupid people will resort to violence when they can't win with their minds and get frustrated..

Just so you know.........

jaylemurph

Just so you know... when you start going off topic,mocking someone, and talking about everything BUT the facts of the arguement... It makes you look like you have nothing else.. Kind of like how stupid people will resort to violence when they can't win with their minds and get frustrated..

And just so you know, repeatedly saying evidence exists is not actually showing that evidence. You're not fooling anyone (except possibly yourself) that you've demonstrated any point at all.

I'll ask you a /third/ time: cough up some up evidence that can actually be discussed instead of telling us stupid we are and how smart you are and we'll go on from there. Just one. If there's as much as you keep saying, it couldn't possibly he difficult.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

And just so you know, repeatedly saying evidence exists is not actually showing that evidence. You're not fooling anyone (except possibly yourself) that you've demonstrated any point at all.

I'll ask you a /third/ time: cough up some up evidence that can actually be discussed instead of telling us stupid we are and how smart you are and we'll go on from there. Just one. If there's as much as you keep saying, it couldn't possibly he difficult.

--Jaylemurph

Its like I keep saying... world religions are the evidence.. how hard is that to understand?

The show ancient aliens is mostly speculation and opinion. Have to remember, its a TV show thats hunting for ratings and money. Just like the news, ofcourse they overexaggerate and stretch the facts. Its how TV shows stayed on the air, if it was an hour every week of some guy reading from the Bible, Mahabharata, ect it would have been cancelled. The masses like the fantastic, only a very small group would sit through a realistic lecture.

In a way the show AA kind of gave it all a bad name because of obvious ratings hunting, but the fact is alot of what they say is true. Like with anything else, even the smallest shreds of evidence don't exist for no reason.

These anceint writings that speak of metal bird gods that shook the earth, or God coming down to man in a chariot of fire, are all eye witness accounts. And there are hundreds. So this raises the questions, ofcourse when people dont want to believe something ancient historical books describing visitations mean nothing. Even though these books are still held in high regard today, only the parts that go with our current view of reality are true.

Much like the writings of plato and socrates.

But really... Your way of thinking is dangerous, and detrimental to society. You should be ashamed as you are contributing to the slowing of our evolution.

The exploration of space is the most important challenge mankind is faced with. The discovery of new minerals, chemicals, plants, fuels, energies, ect, its literally limitless. Even if you're so dumb as to think theres no life, think of everything else that could possibly be.

Its like I said before, the fact that every nation DOESN'T have a floored, outrageously funded space program, shows how dumb were are as a people. If NASA had all the money thats been wasted on religion for the past 1000 years we'd have a base on mars and who knows what else. Instead we are slowly destroying this planet and the majority is becoming less interested in the important things by the moment.

Its very obvious that the majority is more worried about Kim Kardashian, the newest album, or movie. It shows, plainly, that the majority of humans on this planet are extremely stupid, and quite honestly don't deserve natures gift of conciousness. Much like yourself.

I am truly ashamed the be part of a species that isn't smart enough as a whole to know the exploration of the Universe is more important than anything, anyof us could ever imagine. Just being in this forum and reading what all the "bashers" have had to say is astonishing. That even on an unexplained mysteries forum people could be so socially/religiously brainwashed and closed minded.

Edited by Questfortruth

Now I already know how this kind of thing works. 75% of you either won't watch the short 14min video OR will watch 30 seconds and put the blinders back on. But give it a chance and you might be surprised by the evidence.

Of course they could be stones that acted as ancient entertainment... each stone being like a page in a science fiction book for people to read and have a good time. My question... why do their carvings look like modern descriptions? I'd also be pretty impressed that they imagined up atomization/beaming technology as well.. Who knows, as I've stated before, I literally wouldn't be surprised by ANY answer.

Before you actually watch the video I would like to quote something a random scientist on a history channel Universe Doc said.

"Most people get hung up on being right, when in reality it is more exciting, scientifically, to find out you've been wrong. A whole new journey of discovery will begin."

You don't really have to have an open mind to see what this is though.. give it a shot fellas

Now I already know how this kind of thing works. 75% of you either won't watch the short 14min video OR will watch 30 seconds and put the blinders back on. But give it a chance and you might be surprised by the evidence.

Of course they could be stones that acted as ancient entertainment... each stone being like a page in a science fiction book for people to read and have a good time. My question... why do their carvings look like modern descriptions? I'd also be pretty impressed that they imagined up atomization/beaming technology as well.. Who knows, as I've stated before, I literally wouldn't be surprised by ANY answer.

Before you actually watch the video I would like to quote something a random scientist on a history channel Universe Doc said.

"Most people get hung up on being right, when in reality it is more exciting, scientifically, to find out you've been wrong. A whole new journey of discovery will begin."

You don't really have to have an open mind to see what this is though.. give it a shot fellas

Where was it found? In what circumstances? By whom? And so on....

I think it screams FAKE (the thing shown in the beginning of the video).

+++

EDIT:

The guy with the long hair and the beard, isn't that Nassim Haramein?

In that case I know enough, lol.

Edited by Abramelin

Yep, it's Nassim Haramein:

http://www.viewzone.com/mexstatues.html

I will never forget his words about the government covering up the entry of a planet into our solar system, a planet twice the size of Jupiter....

What this 'genius' didn't understand was that it wasn't 'covered up', and that it wasn't a planet at all: it was a comet with a COMA twice the size of Jupiter.

~snip

Kind of like how stupid people will resort to violence when they can't win with their minds and get frustrated..

you are a mind closed to reality which equates a closed mind ...

422101_198514880246534_889152551_n.jpg

you mock yourself in greater quantum than anyone else possibly need to ....

have a nice day

~edit : consistency

Edited by third_eye

Its like I keep saying... world religions are the evidence.. how hard is that to understand?

I don't suppose on its face it is particularly hard to understand. However, using "[some of] the world's religions" as a reason in a discussion is utterly useless. It's like using a general answer of "history" to answer a question like "What happened in the past?" It's true, but not in any sort of practical, useful sense.

*snip

Much like the writings of plato and socrates.

Well, I suppose we agree on something, at least, even if it has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

But really... Your way of thinking is dangerous, and detrimental to society. You should be ashamed as you are contributing to the slowing of our evolution.

My way of thinking -- and if you wasted your time with research and knowing what you're talking about, which you've gleefully admitted you don't do, you can see in many different threads here -- is based on being reasonable, methodical, and rational. The fact that you don't like the results of it -- and you don't like the results, apparently, because they arrive at a different conclusion from your own -- is /not/ because of any fault with the system itself.

And, no, it isn't perfect. I admit that. But I reckon it's far more useful than the sort of brash closemindedness you (relentlessly) demonstrate. Fortuantely, the world is not an all or nothing place; there's room for more than one theory.

The exploration of space is the most important challenge mankind is faced with. The discovery of new minerals, chemicals, plants, fuels, energies, ect, its literally limitless. Even if you're so dumb as to think theres no life, think of everything else that could possibly be.

...and this is exactly what I mean. You don't know me, or what I believe, yet you're ignorantly braying about what I think. Incorrectly, at that. As much I as appreciate you attempting to tell me what I think, I can say with authority in this matter -- the ultimate authority, actually -- you're wrong. I do not think there is no life elsewhere in the universe, nor do I think space exploration is unimportant.

I've even said the first one before, but you're so into braying what you think you know that you can't be bothered to read what's in front of you. As someone else has already pointed out, you mock yourself and your own belief system by your own actions.

It shows, plainly, that the majority of humans on this planet are extremely stupid, and quite honestly don't deserve natures gift of conciousness. Much like yourself.

Oh dear. My entire sense of self-worth has now been punctured to the core. It's my one weakness: semi-anonymous barbs placed by someone whose lack of critical thinking skills he's not smart enough not to regularly demonstrate.

I am truly ashamed the be part of a species that isn't smart enough as a whole to know the exploration of the Universe is more important than anything, anyof us could ever imagine. Just being in this forum and reading what all the "bashers" have had to say is astonishing. That even on an unexplained mysteries forum people could be so socially/religiously brainwashed and closed minded.

Which is an ironic position for you to take, since most of the species is actually truly ashamed of you.

This isn't really what I had in mind. Abramelin has already pointed out several problems with this particular video; there's no way to know what exactly this is, where it came from, or the context from which it came, all of which are important in considering a historical item. Why don't you provide us with some of that information so we know it's not a fake. (Oh, that's right. You don't have the time to /do/ research...)

Besides, I -- I can't speak for everyone -- am more interested in what you know and what you can prove on your own, rather than what some random person in some random YouTube video can prove. That you can (or cannot) parrot an argument someone else might give you, as you do here, is not as worthwhile as an argument you actually make. Not that you have done so. Why don't you pick one item, with a verifiable provenance, and say what /you/ think about it? I mean, you're all the time telling us how stupid we are for not reaching your conclusions, so why not provide us with one of your very own conclusions? I mean, we do run the risk of collectively being too stupid to correctly understand it, but give it a go anyway...

Your sense of irony in presenting that statement would be impressive if it wasn't quite so sad.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just as I thought.. you people have nothing. I wouldn't matter what "facts" I come up with, just like the artifacts, you would all just say its fake.

That video was a test... my point has been proven. Now ofcourse I don't expect the rats in the maze (you) to know theyre being tested though.

Edited by Questfortruth