Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus Warned us about NIbiru's return?

modulo9

If we interpret 'The Abomination that causes Desolation' as Nibiru then the following gospel

Chapter - Matthew 24 gives us some potentially interesting insights into this alleged 3,600 year phenomena.

What do you think?

Matthew 24 (New International Version)

Signs of the End of the Age

1) - 2)

3) As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

4) Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5) For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, and will deceive many. 6) You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7) Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8) All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9)- 14) spurious

15) "So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation, spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand — 16) then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17) Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house. 18) Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. 19) How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20) Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21) For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22) If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23) At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24) For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25) See, I have told you ahead of time.

26) "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27) For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28) Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29) "Immediately after the distress of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky,

and the heavenly bodies will be shaken."(characteristics of Pole Shift!)

30) "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31) And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.(Angels/ETs piloting collection vehicles)

32) "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33) Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34) I tell you the truth, this generation[e] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35) Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

36) "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37) As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38) For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39) and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40) Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41) Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42) "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43) But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44) So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

45) TO 51)

• Like 1

Nibiru is entirely fictional. There is no "Black Planet". You also seem to be confused as to exactly what a Polar Shift is. That is not an accurate description of Polar Shift Phenomenon. That is what happens when you spin the Wheel O' Disaster and then tell people it was God.

The abomination that causes desolation.

This could be a number of things. A new form of plague, an atomic weapon, anything. It's not an undiscovered planet. Also, this appears to be the only peice of evidence that supports the posibilty of Jesus refering to the fictional (I really can't stress this enough.) planet Nibiru.

• Like 1

Nibiru is entirely fictional.

Our information about Nibiru comes from ancient Summerian recorded history. It is cultural arrogance to view this history as fiction/myth. Furthermore if Nibiru is on an elliptical orbit as supposed - we would not detect it with naked eye until it is in field of Mars...and then it is too late.....literally head for the hills :cry: !

Edited by modulo9

Our information about Nibiru comes from ancient Summerian recorded history. It is cultural arrogance to view this history as fiction/myth. Furthermore if Nibiru is on an elliptical orbit as supposed - we would not detect it with naked eye until it is in field of Mars...and then it is too late.....literally head for the hills :cry: !

with the naked eye? we have astronomers world wide looking for it, and have nothing. and just because we have ancient texts talking about something, does not conclude it as fact. its not arrogance, its logic.

• Like 1

with the naked eye? we have astronomers world wide looking for it, and have nothing. and just because we have ancient texts talking about something, does not conclude it as fact. its not arrogance, its logic.

Don't forget that the Summerians were the first great civilization, and they made many accurate astronomical predictions, including the existence of the planets Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. The same argument was said about Venus/Pluto being entirely fictional and yet, a grade 3 classroom can easily point out where either of those planets are on a map.

Also there has a been a degree of top secret research being conducted at the South Pole Telescope and an image of Planet X/Nibiru/Nabiru was leaked onto youtube. Following this link; http://yowusa.com/planetx/ will take you to a website that features detailed videos explaining this.

The coordinates on the leaked image of Nabiru were 05h53m23s, -05:58:31 . If you look at these coordinates in Google Sky you will notice a large block missing from the sky as if someone has removed the image.

Edited by jholland

How is it cultural ignorance to disagree with an ancient myth, that didn't even exist. You know what else the sumerians believed in? Dragons. Aside from a few individuals, most of us consider dragons fictional, or an animal, and not the godlike beings the myths portray them as.

In Babylonian astronomy,Nibiru allegedly means the highest point of the ecliptic, or the summer solstice. The name Nibiru was used to reference a point in space associated with the god Marduk. The only claimed references of an object named Nibiru was from a man named Zecharia Sitchin. Sitchin used his own created entomology to "translate" the texts. Sitchin also proposed a visitation of the human race by a group of extraterrestrials from our own solar system in search of gold. They grafted their DNA to that of an extant primate species, creating the first humans. This is known to be false. Besides, their is no scientific evidence of a large unknown object in the solar system.

You seem to think that the planets have no gravitational effect, and we only know of their existence. This would be false. The plants have a noticeable effect on the sun, as well as the other planets. An object large enough to have created the Earth and the Moon, as Sitchin claims, would have an effect that is very easy to see. Did I mention that? Yes, to Sitchin, the Earth and Moon were formed when Nibiru and another fictional planet, Tiamat, that existed between Mars and Jupiter. A small star (Less than 20x the size of Jupiter) caused Tiamats orbit to be changed, and it crashed into Nibiru, giving rise to the Earth, the Moon, and the Asteroid Belt. The jungle filled paradise of Tiamat, which never existed, was destroyed. Miraculously, the other planets and the sun avoided being catapulted out of the solar system, despite being invaded by a rouge star.

So let's recap: The only reference to Nibiru in Summerian/Babylonian mythology is from a man named Zecharia Sitchin, who made it up. This is further supported by lack of evidence of an object of Nibiru's supposed size. Still think Nibiru is a real planet?

• Like 1

Still think Nibiru is a real planet?

Yes I still think Nibiru is a real planet! And this thread was not intended to argue about Nibiru's existence. It is really for those who believe that Nibiru exists and to see if the Gospel can be reconciled with our existing understanding.

Hasn't experience taught you yet that all the most convincing arguments in the world could not persuade anyone from their chosen beliefs. Please don't waste your precious time on trying to disprove Nibiru.

Our information about Nibiru comes from ancient Summerian recorded history. It is cultural arrogance to view this history as fiction/myth. Furthermore if Nibiru is on an elliptical orbit as supposed - we would not detect it with naked eye until it is in field of Mars...and then it is too late.....literally head for the hills

But... we have much more advanced technology than "naked eyes" to search for it.

Don't forget that the Summerians were the first great civilization, and they made many accurate astronomical predictions, including the existence of the planets Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.

Do you think the quoted bible passages refer to Nibiru crossing?

Well then, I'll take my precious time elsewhere. Maybe use it to disprove things that are false in a debate. Wait...

Ah, the futility of debate. I have never been in a debate where one party changed their view.

And in case you haven't noticed, no, I don't think the quoted Passages referr to Nibiru.

Also, I checked Google Earth. What do I see at thos coordinates (Which are not coordinates.)? Polaris. Ever consider the fact that the light generated by Polaris might obscure the dimmer looking surrounding stars? Funny how Polaris is smack in the middle of the "Censored" area. Wouldn't that be censored, too? As for the link, their are to many "articles" to read and debunk right now, so I'll continue in the Polaris thread. The pictures of the strange obgect next to the star? The picture included in the post Observing Nibiru? That could be a planet, or, you know, a star. The only way to tell is to continusley photograph it. If it moves, it's either a UFO or a planet. If it stays put, it's just another star.

I'm going to shut up and leave the thread for all the crazy conspiracy theorists, now.

Edited by Shannons_Reality

Also, I checked Google Earth. What do I see at thos coordinates (Which are not coordinates.)? Polaris. Ever consider the fact that the light generated by Polaris might obscure the dimmer looking surrounding stars? Funny how Polaris is smack in the middle of the "Censored" area. Wouldn't that be censored, too?

When you open Google Earth, click the View Menus on the toolbar at the top, select explore then select Sky. Enter the following coordinates, -6.01931, -91.5903 into the search bar and press enter. Zoom in until you see a giant black square taken out of the sky.

Do you think the quoted bible passages refer to Nibiru crossing?

I think that the bible is written in a manor that allows us to refer to it for all of life's problems big or small. Whether the time period refers to then or now the basic ethics are the same no matter what you transplant or replace it always works in some degree.

As for believing in Planet X/Nibiru/Nabiru I am still very skeptical about the whole thing due to a large disinformation cloud surround the topic. I was merely trying to supply these non-believers with some form of argument since we still have yet to receive anything to direct us to information that supports their claims.

Edited by jholland

When you open Google Earth, click the View Menus on the toolbar at the top, select explore then select Sky. Enter the following coordinates, -6.01931, -91.5903 into the search bar and press enter. Zoom in until you see a giant black square taken out of the sky.

Ah, thank you for clarifying. I couldn't tell if you wanted me to see the date, which does align with Polaris. That is certainly odd, but by no means does it mean Nibiru. It means their is a screwup in Google's Satalite. It may mean the goverment censored it for another reason. The goverment is notorius for censoring stupid crap. Groom lake Airport, too! (Although that makes sense, considering it is a military base) Hey! Maybe Google just happened to capture an experimental new satalite! Odd, but not impossible. Besides, there is no way to tell exactly what is being censored. On Earth, just find out what lies at those coordinates. In space, no one can hear you scream. That was a cruddy joke. But really, their is litterly millions of things that could lie in that tiny square.

Well then, I'll take my precious time elsewhere...

Ah, the futility of debate. I have never been in a debate where one party changed their view...And in case you haven't noticed, no, I don't think the quoted Passages refer to Nibiru.

I'm going to shut up and leave the thread for all the crazy conspiracy theorists, now.

Oh - don't go - just don't try to disuade Nibiru believers. How about considering a hypothetical Nibiru? If such a planet existed and became visible to the naked eye when in proximity to Mars - what could have prevented this planet from being detected earlier by telescope?

Don't forget that the Summerians were the first great civilization, and they made many accurate astronomical predictions, including the existence of the planets Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. The same argument was said about Venus/Pluto being entirely fictional and yet, a grade 3 classroom can easily point out where either of those planets are on a map.

Also there has a been a degree of top secret research being conducted at the South Pole Telescope and an image of Planet X/Nibiru/Nabiru was leaked onto youtube. Following this link; http://yowusa.com/planetx/ will take you to a website that features detailed videos explaining this.

The coordinates on the leaked image of Nabiru were 05h53m23s, -05:58:31 . If you look at these coordinates in Google Sky you will notice a large block missing from the sky as if someone has removed the image.

The Sumerians, were actually not as accurate as you seem to believe. Seen how this has been discussed before, I don't see the point of doing so over and over and over again. This said, here's a nice site, on the provenance of the term Nibiru and how Sitchin is pulling a fast one.

The squares, missing in Google Sky, there is a normal explanation too, here is a reply from Google Earth Help:

"I've checked in with our Sky engineers, and the reason the imagery in that area is blocked out is that the original source imagery from our data providers was corrupted, making it impossible to display imagery from that section of the sky. Please stay tuned though, as we hope to eventually find quality imagery to fill in for that missing area."

Sites like Google Sky, or Microsoft World-Wide Telescope, use the same source for their optical data: The Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS). This is an automated all sky optical survey, and the data are pretty good. However, in any automated survey sometimes garbage creeps in. In other words, its a glitch in the data. The “anomaly” is just a glitch, a missing piece of data. Also, the area of the sky that the "Orion Anomaly" resides in is prominently viewable from both the Southern and Northern hemispheres. You'll notice that there are several blocks like it missing, they all can't be Nibiru or planet X, can they?

Furthermore, as to the so called pictures or films of Nibiru, IRAS (the NASA Infrared Astronomy Satellite, which carried out a sky survey for 10 months in 1983) discovered many infrared sources, but none of them was Nibiru or Planet X or any other objects in the outer solar system. Briefly, IRAS cataloged 350,000 infrared sources, and initially many of these sources were unidentified. The rumor about a “tenth planet” erupted in 1984 after a scientific paper was published in Astrophysical Journal Letters titled “Unidentified point sources in the IRAS minisurvey”, which discussed several infrared sources with “no counterparts”. But these “mystery objects” were subsequently found to be distant galaxies (except one, which was a wisp of “infrared cirrus”), as published in 1987. No IRAS source has ever turned out to be a planet. The bottom line is that the "leaked pictures of Nibiru" are a misinterpretation at best, with no basis in fact.

mankind shall kill them selves before humanity realizes what they have done wrong until the last two are left once again to bring back what once was.

mankind shall kill them selves before humanity realizes what they have done wrong until the last two are left once again to bring back what once was.

Surely things aren't THAT :wacko: BAD!!!!

They haven't found the fictional Oort cloud either, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Edited by mlauzon

Oh - don't go - just don't try to dissuade Nibiru believers. How about considering a hypothetical Nibiru? If such a planet existed and became visible to the naked eye when in proximity to Mars - what could have prevented this planet from being detected earlier by telescope?

Absolutely nothing. Except maybe aliens. It was aliens, wasn't it? I knew it! It's always those darn aliens, hiding planets, vaporizing small towns on the English countryside, appearing in our bedrooms to probe us.

Seriously though, can you name a phenomenon capable of obscuring a planet/star five times the size of Jupiter? Besides, it wouldn't matter what was obscuring it, a planet/star of that magnitude so close to Earth would suck the Earth right into the thing, what with the problem of the MASSIVE GRAVITATIONAL PULL. Cute how you guys "forget" to include the problem of gravity with the huge planet/star just appearing near Mars.

Also, I thought the point of debate was to attempt to dissuade those who dissagree. You basically just told me to beleive in Nibiru, or leave. I have considered a hypothetical planet/star, and none of those make any sense.

Absolutely nothing. Except maybe aliens. It was aliens, wasn't it? I knew it! It's always those darn aliens, hiding planets, vaporizing small towns on the English countryside, appearing in our bedrooms to probe us.

Seriously though, can you name a phenomenon capable of obscuring a planet/star five times the size of Jupiter? Besides, it wouldn't matter what was obscuring it, a planet/star of that magnitude so close to Earth would suck the Earth right into the thing, what with the problem of the MASSIVE GRAVITATIONAL PULL. Cute how you guys "forget" to include the problem of gravity with the huge planet/star just appearing near Mars.

Also, I thought the point of debate was to attempt to dissuade those who dissagree. You basically just told me to beleive in Nibiru, or leave. I have considered a hypothetical planet/star, and none of those make any sense.

What is going through my mind right now is gravity is a weak force. Gravitation on the other hand is internal. Every blood cell in your body is magnetic. Why? The iron atom at the center of the heme. In all directions, you are magnetic. There is a huge round magnet at the center of this earth that is pulling all of you little magnets down to this earth to keep you from being pulled into the biggest round magnet and that is the sun.

Nibiru could be a 'old wives tale' about the extinction events on earth.

You really have no clue how physics works, do you?

Gravity is nothing more than a depression on the space time continuum. A large body, like a star, creates a depression on the space time continuum. Smaller bodies, like planets, fall into the "well" created by the star. Think of it like this: Have you ever seen the coin wells in restaurants and other public places? You know, you place a penny in an angled slot and they fall into a bowl and roll until they fall through a hole in the bottom? Gravity is like that. The small hole is a star, and the penny is a planet. The penny falls into the gravity well, and rolls around, or "orbits" the star Now, you may be thinking "The penny eventually falls into the hole! Ha!" Well, you see, once an object reaches a certain height and speed, it becomes impossible for the object to move closer to the middle of the circle it is traveling in. Lets say you have a bowling ball. You take that bowling ball to the nessecary height, and launch it at the nessecary speed. The bowling ball tries to move towards the Earth, but is moving so fast that by th time it "Falls", it is already, in a sense, falling into the sky. So, the ball has fallen, but AROUND the Earth. Gravity pulls the ball back, and the cycle repeats, Ad Infinitum. The ball is now Orbiting the Earth. The only reason you can't watch the planets rolling in the gravity well is because, in a sense, we humans see the space time continuum as if we were looking down at it. If you watch the penny rolling in our coin well from the top, you cant dee the depression in the plastic, and it looks like the penny is just rolling around the hole for no reason.

While it is true gravity is quite weak compared with the other forces, that doesn't really mean anything. Gravity and Gravitation are the same thing, by the way.

So, why isn't every other, non-magnetic object falling at the sun? Because of GRAVITY. GRAVITY is the force that keep us attached to the Earth. And don't say magnetism is responsible for keeping atoms together either. That's called the Strong Force. And what is keeping the giant magnetic iron ball there, anyway? If humans are tiny magnets, then shouldn't in theory, the magnet in the middle of our Earth be floating towards the area of highest population concentration? And If I'm a magnet, why can't I make a magnetic object, let's say a needle, stick to me? Because our bodies are not that magnetic!

How does the last statment make sense? First, you call Nibiru a planet, then it's a star, and now it's just a legend?

Seriously though, can you name a phenomenon capable of obscuring a planet/star five times the size of Jupiter? Besides, it wouldn't matter what was obscuring it, a planet/star of that magnitude so close to Earth would suck the Earth right into the thing,....

Firstly I consider this a discussion not a debate - know the difference? The basic question for discussion is can Matthew 24 be interpreted as warning of Nibiru. The text deals with a situation whereby some cosmic events will cause major cataclysmic events on Earth....so can we compare this with the accounts of Nibiru's behavior?

And where on earth did you get the idea that the 'hypothetical' Nibiru was five times the size of Jupiter?

Also a thing to remember is that Nibiru's distance from sun will determine the speed it travels - this is characteristic of its highly elliptical orbit.Consequently Nibiru would accelerate as it gets closer to Sun - this is why Mars is a crucial point regarding the visibility....so bear in mind the relative speed it would be traveling now compared to the speed it would acquire by time it entered the field of Mars.

.....Every blood cell in your body is magnetic. Why? The iron atom at the center of the heme. In all directions, you are magnetic. There is a huge round magnet at the center of this earth that is pulling all of you little magnets down to this earth to keep you from being pulled into the biggest round magnet and that is the sun.

There is no proof of some "huge round magnet at the center of this earth"...and iron alone is not necessary to conduct electricity in body.

DNA is electronic - the nervous system is electronic - heart is electronic - blood is electronic - this is what makes us electromagnetic rather than magnetic i.e. all charged particle activity in body is creating electromagnetic fields.

Electromagnetism and the electric fields inside and outside of body do better to explain gravity than Gravitational Theory (which was formulated before the knowledge of electricity and electromagnetic forces).

As for 'old wives tale' humans globally throughout ancient recorded history shown to be preoccupied with doomsday predictions and stories about the "end of an age".We ask if this 'paranoia' stems from actual historical events.

Every blood cell in your body is magnetic. Why? The iron atom at the center of the heme. In all directions, you are magnetic.

First of all, the iron isnt in every cell to start with. Next, iron isnt automatically magnetic.

There is a huge round magnet at the center of this earth that is pulling all of you little magnets down to this earth to keep you from being pulled into the biggest round magnet and that is the sun.

You are quite wrong. First of all, its not magnetism that holds us on the surface, its gravity. The sun? Gravity too. Second of all, the magnetic force along the majority of the world doesnt point towards the centre of the earth, it lies pretty much along the surface. This is how compasses work. They point along the magnetic field lines. This is also why compasses dont work near the poles, because near the poles the magnetic field lines approach the surface at near perpendicular angles.

Gravity is nothing more than a depression on the space time continuum. A large body, like a star, creates a depression on the space time continuum. Smaller bodies, like planets, fall into the "well" created by the star.

That is but one model.

Have you ever seen the coin wells in restaurants and other public places? You know, you place a penny in an angled slot and they fall into a bowl and roll until they fall through a hole in the bottom? Gravity is like that. The small hole is a star, and the penny is a planet. The penny falls into the gravity well, and rolls around, or "orbits" the star

I always found this model entertaining... I always thought "well, what makes a planet "fall" towards the dip in the fabric of space-time?"

The basic question for discussion is can Matthew 24 be interpreted as warning of Nibiru.

Anything can be interpreted to anything by anyone, given sufficient imagination.

Also a thing to remember is that Nibiru's distance from sun will determine the speed it travels - this is characteristic of its highly elliptical orbit.Consequently Nibiru would accelerate as it gets closer to Sun - this is why Mars is a crucial point regarding the visibility....so bear in mind the relative speed it would be traveling now compared to the speed it would acquire by time it entered the field of Mars.

Which "Nibiru" model are you working with? The one that claims that the sheer mass and thus gravity of Nibiru will cause cataclysms on Earth, or just that the planet will impact us? There have been many different versions of the claim. I have also heard the "5xJupiter" version.

Damnit. One of my replies was lost to the bowels of the internet.

There is no proof of some "huge round magnet at the center of this earth"...and iron alone is not necessary to conduct electricity in body.

No, but there is evidence of something magnetic at the centre.

DNA is electronic - the nervous system is electronic - heart is electronic - blood is electronic -

Actually, none of those is electronic in the true sense of the word.

this is what makes us electromagnetic rather than magnetic i.e. all charged particle activity in body is creating electromagnetic fields.

Its true that we do produce an EM field, but this EM field is weak and incoherent. I dont see what significance it has to your point.

Electromagnetism and the electric fields inside and outside of body do better to explain gravity than Gravitational Theory (which was formulated before the knowledge of electricity and electromagnetic forces).

How? Can you propose a model, which fits the evidence we have, that the EM field created by our body keeps us on the surface? I do not see any way in which this is possible, but I do see the evidence for gravity and it does work.

As for 'old wives tale' humans globally throughout ancient recorded history shown to be preoccupied with doomsday predictions and stories about the "end of an age".We ask if this 'paranoia' stems from actual historical events.

Some of them may stem from actual historical events, but I'm sure most have been exaggerated over the ages, and it doesnt necessairly mean that the event happens regularily, nor that the explenations for the event were accurate.