Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus Warned us about NIbiru's return?

modulo9

34 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Doesn't the text of the bible change everytime it is translated ?

So does this mean that everybody who have translated the original text of the Bible or the Torah into another language deserves to have plagues inflicted on them ?

Do you observe all of the 613 commandments ? I can only assume that you do because Jesus says that they are all to be observed: "Not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law until all things are fulfilled, until the world passes away.:" 

Here is a list of them all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments

Somehow you neatly managed to avoid answering my question.

- Do you think I deserve to have plagues inflicted on me because I made a joke ?

(The joke was even within the context of this thread: Christianity and Nibiru)

NO .   But whoever started this thread deserves punishment   :) 

32 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Well I thought it was pretty funny. I guess I was wrong.

Oh no, I too got a laugh .....     and I ....     arrrrgggh  !    

Image result for locust swarm gif

32 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I forgot that some people just don't seem to have a sense of humour. It seems to be particularly frequent among people with strong religious and/or political views. 

A priest, and a Rabbi are talking in a bar  ......   

3 hours ago, Harte said:

That's extremely unfortunate, since modern research estimates that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Epistles of John post date Revelations by 15 or 20 years.

Harte

It's not unfortunate, the Torah is way before these books that I'm talking about.  I don't know why you're bringing those up, it's irrevelent to the arguement, which is pretty straightforward anyway.  I've seen you're crowd doing this thing before, trying to scew the debate off some other facts that don't relate.  I don't think it's the same John either, but I'm not sure anyway.  I really don't think you're that smart harte.  Really nothing I've seen of you on UM reflects to the reputation you get.  I think you're some sort of black liar.

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Doesn't the text of the bible change everytime it is translated ?

So does this mean that everybody who have translated the original text of the Bible or the Torah into another language deserves to have plagues inflicted on them ?

Do you observe all of the 613 commandments ? I can only assume that you do because Jesus says that they are all to be observed: "Not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law until all things are fulfilled, until the world passes away.:" 

Here is a list of them all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments

Somehow you neatly managed to avoid answering my question.

- Do you think I deserve to have plagues inflicted on me because I made a joke ?

(The joke was even within the context of this thread: Christianity and Nibiru)

You're totally missing the point.  It doesn't change like that, and this is Revelation, not the Torah.  Whatever dude, I don't care, You know what you did.  I don't care what you get, it's not up to me, it's all up to God.  I don't have to dodge your questions, I gave you tons of data, but you just bite back like a little denier who can;'t handle the truth of what is happening in your own mind.

I think I'm pretty much done with you 2, I hope, you're lost causes, really stupid, and I think you both know it, at least I hope you do.

Point is, at least three books were added to the New Testament after Revelations was written.

It violates that admonishment at the end of revelations.

If you weren't too dense to see that point, you might get by without resorting to ridiculous claims concerning people you don't even know.

Harte

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Opus Magnus said:

You're totally missing the point.  It doesn't change like that, and this is Revelation, not the Torah. 

So "Not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law until all things are fulfilled, until the world passes away.:"  is from the Torah ?

Whatever dude, I don't care, You know what you did.  I don't care what you get, it's not up to me, it's all up to God.

Luckily I don't think he exists.

I don't have to dodge your questions, I gave you tons of data, but you just bite back like a little denier who can;'t handle the truth of what is happening in your own mind.

Yeah thats me. :innocent:

I think I'm pretty much done with you 2, I hope, you're lost causes, really stupid, and I think you both know it, at least I hope you do.

Atleast I'm in good company, right Harte ? :P

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

On 06/06/2017 at 1:26 AM, Opus Magnus said:

The point is the verse right before that 22:18

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

That's literally what you did by adding the extra verse right after it.  I thought you might have read that verse, but I guess you didn't know what you were doing.  Just letting you know what you did, because that's literally what you just did to it.

So the God of the Bible is so humourless and by-the-book that he will torture, maim and kill people over a joke? Would God, as described by the New Testament not be above such pettiness?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

So "Not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law until all things are fulfilled, until the world passes away.:"  is from the Torah ?

Matthew 5 ; 18    ,its about being careful not to make an ancient 'typo'  ;    "  One jot or one tittle.—The “jot” is the Greek iota (0, the Hebrew yod (’), the smallest of all the letters of the alphabet. The “tittle” was one of the smaller strokes, or twists of other letters, such, e.g., as distinguished ד (D) from ר (R), or כ (K) from ב (B). Jewish Rabbis used to caution their scholars against so writing as to cause one letter to be mistaken for another, and to give examples of passages from the Law in which such a mistake would turn a divine truth into nonsense or blasphemy.

Its about good handwriting      .......    OTHERWISE THINGS CAN   IOOK   REAL OUEER ! 

Luckily I don't think he exists.

Yeah thats me. :innocent:

Atleast I'm in good company, right Harte ? :P

Hey !    Why am I being ignored !   :angry:

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

So the God of the Bible is so humourless and by-the-book that he will torture, maim and kill people over a joke? Would God, as described by the New Testament not be above such pettiness?

This is the same God from the Old Testament... who would have you killed for collecting sticks on the wrong day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Vengeance is mine, saith the LORD*. Being a mad, jealous, vindictive tyrant is so much more fun than that all that airy-fairy commie hippy "God is LOVE" stuff. 

* not to be confused with Sith Lord of course, which is something else entirely

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, back to earth said:

Matthew 5 ; 18    ,its about being careful not to make an ancient 'typo'  ;    "  One jot or one tittle.—The “jot” is the Greek iota (0, the Hebrew yod (’), the smallest of all the letters of the alphabet. The “tittle” was one of the smaller strokes, or twists of other letters, such, e.g., as distinguished ד (D) from ר (R), or כ (K) from ב (B). Jewish Rabbis used to caution their scholars against so writing as to cause one letter to be mistaken for another, and to give examples of passages from the Law in which such a mistake would turn a divine truth into nonsense or blasphemy.

Its about good handwriting      .......    OTHERWISE THINGS CAN   IOOK   REAL OUEER ! 

My point is doesn't this mean that you change both jots and tittles when you translate the bible to another alphabet ?

3 hours ago, back to earth said:

Hey !    Why am I being ignored !   :angry:

Sorry about that. You surely belong on the list with Harte and me.

See you guys in hell. :devil:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

My point is doesn't this mean that you change both jots and tittles when you translate the bible to another alphabet ?

Don't know about jots, but tittles are being changed all the time in the modern age.

Usually to make them larger.

Harte

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

This is the same God from the Old Testament... who would have you killed for collecting sticks on the wrong day.

It could be argued that the god described by Jesus and the God in the Old Testament don't exactly match up, which is why I think it was unwise to include it into the Bible at all,and even the various books found in the Old Testament don't seem to be able to agree on their God's "character", or about the nature of the afterlife, or whether there's an afterlife at all.

Man, it really makes you *almost* think the Bible is the work of men rather than infallible divine word *almost* 

In any case, what I'm trying to say is that a God who would be so petty as to kill you for making a joke, looking at the Ark of the Covenant or collecting sticks on the wrong day, isn't exactly worthy of worship imho. I mean if Yahweh is that petty, what would make him better than Zeus? Actually in this case Zeus is better because he only kills you if you boast you are better than him (usually) and doesn't cosign you to the Lake of Fire for all eternity.

• Like 3

No. The ancients didn't even know about the outer planets, they certainly didn't write anything about a "rogue" non-existent Nibiru wheeling its way through the solar system.

On 6/7/2017 at 8:28 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

yes , when writing in latin or English translation of the BIble the joys of titties  must be transposed without mistakes !  

... otherwise blasphemy might be written     . 

Sorry about that. You surely belong on the list with Harte and me.

See you guys in hell. :devil:

Image result for retro hell photographs

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 1:22 AM, Orphalesion said:

It could be argued that the god described by Jesus and the God in the Old Testament don't exactly match up, which is why I think it was unwise to include it into the Bible at all,and even the various books found in the Old Testament don't seem to be able to agree on their God's "character", or about the nature of the afterlife, or whether there's an afterlife at all.

Ah yes, but that is only because you do not understand the wonderful intricacies   of      theology ! 

We did wrong so God demanded sacrifice ;  he got someone to kill his son , but at the last minute ; 'Whoa, hold up, dont do that - just testing .  ' ;)    So then they started sacrificing animals instead ... heaps of em ... for a looooong time .  Then Jesus came along and said , no, dont do that, God doesnt want you to do that no more. God is actually about love 

So then God arranged for his own son to be killed and sacrificed ... to end sacrifice and sin  .... so we get to this new testament of love and ....  ummmm ... 

.... I'll get back to you on this ....  

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:52 AM, Orphalesion said:

However the NT makes quite a few references to the OT, such as Adam, Noah, the creation, etc. It would be confusing to leave it out.

Since Jesus is supposed to be God is human form, why does his "parents" genealogy even matter ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Since Jesus is supposed to be God is human form, why does his "parents" genealogy even matter ? 

Aye, and in any case he is directly descended from God via his father ......

On 06/06/2017 at 9:47 AM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Ah yes good old fashioned threats. So the "kind and loving god" is going to bring down plagues on me for making a joke.

Do you think that it is right to bring down plagues on someone for making a joke ? Be honest.

Depends on the joke. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

However the NT makes quite a few references to the OT, such as Adam, Noah, the creation, etc. It would be confusing to leave it out.

Meh they could have included a reference work. Or re-write the whole thing. Or something, I dunno. It just seems pretty clear that the OT describes a pretty different and (often) more primitive religion than modern Christianity or Judaism.

7 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Because being descended from David would have been important establish Jesus as the  Jewish Messiah (who's supposed to be a paternal line descendant of David and lead the Jewish people to victory irrc),

I'm not really that knowledgeable about early Christianity, but didn't they view themselves as Jews for quite some time before they gradually became their own thing after all the other Jewish subdivisions made it clear that they didn't view Jesus as their messiah and didn't exactly want to count his followers among their number?

Edited by Orphalesion

Again why is it that all the atheists continue to mock Christianity and come after that? Is it because it's a soft target because you're so lacking of testicular fortitude that you don't go after Islam? Because they might cut your head off, burn you alive, or submerse you in a cage under water until you drown. It's always the same go after Christianity and Judaism but you don't have the cojones to go after Islam with the same veracity.

On 6/7/2017 at 2:01 AM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Vengeance is mine, saith the LORD*. Being a mad, jealous, vindictive tyrant is so much more fun than that all that airy-fairy commie hippy "God is LOVE" stuff. 

* not to be confused with Sith Lord of course, which is something else entirely

It's a proven fact women are attracted to psychopaths/malignant narcissists and not nice guy's...

1qpizy.jpg