Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

obscure hobbies

tendo

I hate my Ex-wife with a passion!!!! So I crack into her e-mail account...frequently and this is what I do....

e-mail all the utility companies in her area and say... please turn off my service for 6 months as im going to be out of the country for 6 months...then...

I took her ebay name and went on ebay and bought like $20,000 worth of stuff like time lot shares... and other stuff...

I applied for like 25 different credit cards.. due to her bad credit she gets turned down and this stuff ends up on her credit report....

applied for membership to the KKK under her e-mail name

E-mailed her mom and told her she was the worst mother in the world and would never see her grandchildren ever again!!

Then simple stuff like delete her address book of over 200 contacts.... respond to her emails threatening people...

Oh what fun!!!!!! w00t.gif

No wierd hobbys... I like to collect old german coins...collect watches...collect cell phones... But I have a friend who loves to collect DVD movies that contain young girls from the ages of 12-16... he is a disgusting pervert..he is 40 yrs old and told me and a bunch of other people he dials the 1-900 numbers and asks if the girl on the phone is 13?? if she isnt he tells her to pretend to be 13....Sick Whacko!!!!!!

i like to try to convince myself that pain is mental grin2.gifrofl.gif i like jumping off of things i like fire!!!!!! but mainly anything that is painfull and will get me money oh yeah and shopping carts devil.gifwhistling2.gif

• 1 month later...

I collect antiques, oddities, and old and forign money. I know it sounds kind of boring, but I really like it. One of the weirdest things I have is an old mummified head in a wooden box. The head is fake :no: , it was the type that was used in a old side show and passed off as real, but it is still cool. When I saw it, even though it was fake, I just thought "how often do you come across a head in a box" so I had to get it.

And I have to say that I am seriously deeply disturbed by skuzzlebutt's last two posts.

And I have to say that I am seriously deeply disturbed by skuzzlebutt's last two posts.
I think we all are. :cry: The model that I got months ago is still siting on the shelf. Oh, and now I collect hotwheels. And I'm 19.

:blink:

• 10 months later...

I unicycle. WOOt

I can do that too. not much call for it though.

On the topic, I can juggle pretty much anything and am really good with trick sticks.

But I have a friend who loves to collect DVD movies that contain young girls from the ages of 12-16... he is a disgusting pervert..

and he's your friend, you say?

:unsure2:

I have no hobbies I don't think - maybe writing is a hobby. And collecting good music DVD's

I collect old works of literature, both poetry, philosophy and literature.

I don't know many people my age who even READ poetry let alone collect it.

People that know me would not suspect this of me, but I collect Barbies. I love them. Especially the ones in the Bob Mackie outfits. Now, shut-up.

• 4 years later...

I practice Parkour...The art of movement....Or the poor mans skateboarding.

Edited by Classified Document

Thinking up new cookie recipes

Looking up and making bizarre crochet and cross-stitch patterns

Early film

Veganizing foods (I'm not vegan or even vegetarian, but I like the idea of being able to substitute vegetables for meat)

Obscure music/film

I collect old weapons and armour as used in The Far East (China, Japan, Indonesia, Malaya etc) I also belong to a Medieval Hunting Society.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a designer in a wood shop, I used to cut out sections of boards with interesting-looking knot holes and imperfections in the grain, make wooden frames for them and hang them on the wall at home like pictures. I still have some hanging here and there.

I guess collecting knot holes as a hobby is pretty obscure.

Most folks around here know that I do a LOT of beadwork.... embroidered jewelry (it's often displayed in my blog here) and bead weaving as well. That's not too obscure, a lot of folks do this kind of craft work and jewelry working.

BUT the other thing I do that's not as common is something called BDE or Brazillian Dimentional Embroidery which is a dieing art of sorts. It's a highly 3-dimentional and textural embroidery. In many ways, it's like doing tiny macreme with a needle and rayon thread on fabric. It's popular in South America as the name suggests. It's almost always used in floral patterns.

I also do something called Stumpwork embroidery which again is very textural and dimentional as well. It involved fabric, needle, wool threads where sections of the embroidery are actually gathered and stuffed to create hills and valley's in the work. It's not seen too often, and is used for very architectural designs.

I know... yawn... but I love needle crafts and have been doing them since I was a child. I like to consider myself a fiber artist. For all I"m great iwth a needle and thread though... I couldn't use a sewing machine to hem my pants. LOL. Sewing machines and me don't mix. LOL.

When I was little, my two favorite hobbies were a.) playing "scientist" and picking various insects/flowers/tree bark to look at underneath my microscope, and b.) watching various documentaries and taking notes on them. My friends would be like, "Melanie let's go ride bikes!" and I'd say, "Not now, I'm watching a documentary on the Aztecs." I was like, 9 or 10 years old, haha.

Now that I'm older, I don't have much time for hobbies as school and my job take most of my time, but paint by numbers is my new hobby. I like to call it a "zen activity." I don't really think that's obscure, but whenever I tell people "paint by numbers" they're like, "Errr...isn't that for children?" Pssh, whatever. I'll never have to buy a piece of art to decorate my home thanks to the numerous paintings I've created! =P

Don't know how obscure music collecting really is, but when you factor in that I collect music in all of the following formats--

CDs, MP3s (digital in general), Cassette, Vinyl, 8-track, reel-to-reel tape, phonograph, acetate and one Wire recording.

I think it counts.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I am female I LOVE Zombie movies. I like to think how I could survive in a world of zombies.

.... Ok maybe I said to much. :unsure2::devil::rofl:

• 1 month later...

i dont do this anymore, but i used to spend alot of time trying to make as perfect spheres as i could out of wood by using nothing more than rasps files and sandpaper.

id spend hours out in my shed doing it, especially in the sumemr with a few beers and some music.

i migth start it up again actually lol, im should i could sell a few

• 2 months later...

Some people own OLD Thomas Bros. maps guides available mainly in the West Coast (Cal., Oregon, Wash. state and Arizona) that were made from 1980 to as far back as 1940. These map guides and wall maps can't be used in driving anymore, but have some historical value and can produce nostalagic memories.

Here's one from a message board on roads, freeways and growing suburban sprawl or development over the years and decades in the communities the maps served.

http://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=4456.msg101256#msg101256

Palm Springs and Beaumont-Banning is what you're looking at, though my hometown is Indio. The Thomas Guide maps back then (local edition was Riverside County) focused on the cities of Riverside/San Bernardino (county, the cities 8 miles apart).

Mapping and geography are interests of mine, though I rather read a newer map and memorize the directions whenever I need to. Our family or friends remembered the maps and the towns shown they knew of, it sure can be a conversation piece on where they live.

Edited by Makoto Jupiter

I restore, colorize, and animate stereo card photographs from the 1800s and early 1900s. At least when I can find the time... (example)

I've never seen anyone else make these, but I would love to see other people doing them. It's a little complicated, but if any photoshop buffs are willing to try it out, I'd be glad to help them along.

Mega whitewater canoeing.