Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep Paralysis stories

Caligraphy

I've had quite a lot of sleep paralysis! I feel a bit insane when I think about it, so I've always tried to put it to the back of my mind!

I've experienced very similar things to others who have posted here, although rather than feeling a weight on my chest or being pushed, I just feel like my bed has opened up and I start to fall through it. There is usually a dark figure above me as i'm sinking through my bed, and I hear it's unintelligable words or sometimes just screams getting louder and louder until it seems that the voices are louder than human comprehension (that's the only way I can describe it!) I can't move, or scream....but I'm not sure if i physically can't....I just feel too terrified to move. I'm fully conscious and awake, usually just lying in bed, not even tired and trying to get to sleep, and every time this happens I assume I've died...it is incredibly frightening.

I remember as a child these experiences were more abstract. I would be in that state, lying in bed, and suddenly feel like I was paralysed. I would see 'something' in my mind growing from miniscule to huge and back again in continuous loops incredibly quickly. I would have my eyes closed and hear voices inside my head which were loud and clear, but for some reason I couldn't make out exactly what was being said. Sometimes there were too many words being spoken too quickly or just so many layered voices, and if I tried to listen in to a specific voice it would become louder and louder- sounding desperate, angry or upset, and then everything would suddenly stop. I could move again, and I was fully awake.

At the moment, if I get sleep paralysis, it just feels like an incredibly loud electric buzzing noise coming from inside my brain, I can't move, and every muscle in my face feels tight and is twitching as if I have power surges in my brain. Sometimes this is accompanied with imagery. I remember once I felt that I was suddenly alone inside the back of an ambulance with these waves of electric buzzing inside my head. With each wave came the sounds of a siren/heart monitor and the internal lights of the ambulance flashing on and off as if I kept 'fading into death'. I woke up from that one probably the most terrified that i had ever been; this being a completely out of context hallucination and feeling the most real.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else gets the feeling of electrical power surges in the brain? ...also the more abstract hallucinations?

• Like 1

This has been happening to me for years. My most resent time was last night. I feel as if im awake but cant wake up weird huh! I cant move I cant speak and i want to wake up so bad. I try calling for my husband but to me its only a wisper so I start to panic and try calling his name again and again, during this time I hear not only my faint voice but a scary like devilish voice calling my husbands name and its coming from my voice super scary. so i continue to call his name in my own voice thank God, but he still doesnt wake. So i try touching and pinching him and finally i get my arm to pinch him, he wakes and then I am finally out of my SP. I know that if I go right back to sleep it can trigger it again, so i get up and walk around wash my face and turn on the tv. This the first time I actually looked it up and I didnt realize it happens to others wow! Id like to know why it happens. I did look up ways to get yourself out of it so the next time it happens i will try some of these suggestions. Just go with it and it goes away dont fight it it makes it worse. Another suggestion I read was move your face mucles wiggle your toes sqeeze your fist and open them. Another was breath in deep and exhale completely. Anyone know why this happens and suggestions on how to come out of it.

Edited by liberty4lora

Hello everyone.

I have experienced several of the same things some of you report. Like the other morning I woke up to see a dark figure standing over my wife, I tried to punch it and then woke up. Other times I have woken up to see trolls and leprechaun looking things and one occasion the devil. During these episodes I am never gripped with fear, but rather, just startled.

I have a different experience that happens to me more frequently that I don't believe is sp. I am usually asleep and I will be lucid dreaming. I will get the feeling while dreaming that I am in a place where I sense evil, suddenly something like a force will grab hold of me, and I will hear and feel a loud electric buzz. I will start yelling....get off of me!!! And I will struggle to get free for a short time and then wake up. Every time this happens I am dreaming I am in a different place, sometimes the force comes out of my closet, sometimes I am in a creepy bathroom, and other times I am in a hotel room and the drawers on the dresser are opening and closing on their own....that's when the force grabs me from behind.

I am sorry to get long winded on my first post, but I don't think that is sp. Perhaps the absolute scariest thing that ever happened to me was at my mothers condo. I was there with a friend back in 94. At about 5am the devil woke me from my sleep and asked me to come with him, that he wanted to show me something. I reluctantly agreed and got out of bed, but I could see myself still sleeping. I followed him through the condo into the den. The devil took a seat next to the TV, which was on, and my friend was lyingon the couch with his mouth open in a trance like state. The devil asked me "how do you like what iI'm doing to your friend?" He waived his hands and I started screaming "leave him alone!" But he smugly said, "nope, I'm not gonna leave him alone." I started screaming again and that's when I woke up. I was far too upset to go back to sleep because I would swear, even to this day that it was real. In fact, I got out of bed and walked through the condo, and it was like I was reliving the dream. When I got to the den my friend was awake and watching television. There are two chairs in her den, and strangely, the one the devil sat on was empty, and the other one was full of my friends clothes. I asked him if he was OK, and my jaw dropped at his response....he said "no, I am having all these bad thoughts of suicide, and the my girlfriend hates me and is cheating on me, and I am worthless and should just kill myself."

I don't think that was sp. I really think that was a paranormal experience, because it was exactly the same in the dream, and reality. It was bloody terrifying.

What does anyone else think, or has anyone else ever experienced something like what I have described?

• Like 1

I doesn't work like that for me. When it happens, I just say to myself "darn, here it is again". It doesn't go away. I just wait it out.

I have had a few cases where I didn't snap out of it. The weirdest case was when I "woke up" and saw a guy standing at the foot of my bed. He said something threatening to me (including my name) so I leaped up at him. He magically jumped through a closed window and disappeared. Once I remembered I was on the third floor and didn't hear a thud, I realized it was my half-asleep brain playing tricks on me.

But it didn't quite end. As I was going back to sleep, I heard a guy outside loudly laughing and yelling, "I just scared the **** outta this guy!" and he described exactly what just happened. I put on my glasses and looked out the window but didn't see anyone out there. That was very confusing.

And yes I find it hilarious that I see these things perfectly sharp without my glasses. Obviously they aren't real.

• Like 1

I have heard of stories like this for years. My mother even had some. It wasn't until last night that I understood...

I fell asleep on the couch, I woke up on my left side and my body was heavy. There was a high pitched metallic sound. Like metal cutting metal. My heart began the race and I heard a voice in my head, very loud and not mine. "Its just your television, its okay, you're going to be okay. Just go back to sleep." I can't explain how loud this voice was, I can't explain how the sound I heard did not make sense for what was on tv. I cannot explain the sound. I have never heard a sound like it in my life. Once I heard the sound, my attention was directed that there was 3 figures standing in my house. I could not see them. I don't know what they were. Alien, they seemed alien. I don't know. I have never believed in aliens, I have experienced demons and ghosts my whole life. I have dealt with sounds no one else hears. But this... this scared me like nothing else. I was terrified. But the voice that told me it was going to be okay. He, wasn't one of the creatures in the house.

I fought tooth and nail to move. My body remained so heavy. i finally was able to jerk myself up, and my house went silent. The figures were gone, everything..

This morning I instantly started searching for anything like it. It was real. That's all I know. So real.

• Like 1

I have heard of stories like this for years. My mother even had some. It wasn't until last night that I understood...

I fell asleep on the couch, I woke up on my left side and my body was heavy. There was a high pitched metallic sound. Like metal cutting metal. My heart began the race and I heard a voice in my head, very loud and not mine. "Its just your television, its okay, you're going to be okay. Just go back to sleep." I can't explain how loud this voice was, I can't explain how the sound I heard did not make sense for what was on tv. I cannot explain the sound. I have never heard a sound like it in my life. Once I heard the sound, my attention was directed that there was 3 figures standing in my house. I could not see them. I don't know what they were. Alien, they seemed alien. I don't know. I have never believed in aliens, I have experienced demons and ghosts my whole life. I have dealt with sounds no one else hears. But this... this scared me like nothing else. I was terrified. But the voice that told me it was going to be okay. He, wasn't one of the creatures in the house.

I fought tooth and nail to move. My body remained so heavy. i finally was able to jerk myself up, and my house went silent. The figures were gone, everything..

This morning I instantly started searching for anything like it. It was real. That's all I know. So real.

Very strange... I once had a dream a little similar to that where a big, loud voice told me not to worry that i was dreaming. I didn't recognise the voice but it was female and seemed to come from a bright light and knew my name!

• Like 2

I've had SP for as long as i can remember. To me, im not scared of it because it has happened to me so many times i try to embrace it. Im only 16, but i have literally lost count of how times it's happened. This happens to me at least 18 times a month. So, when im in SP all i see is black, trying to move is pointless, exept if i really try with all i have i could maybe get out of it. Its just so crazy! Something weird though is that every nap i have ever took even if i was extremely tired i would start to doze off then BAM! I was in SP so quick. I try not to panic and let it ride out to fully experience it and try to come to a better understanding. But i always freak, my heart feels like it is racing and that is what leads away from pressing on and discovering things. Ill wake up soon enough and my heart rate is normal, its as if my mind just makes up something to make me wake up. Its all so complicated. Like this week i have Graduation tests all week at school which takes 2.5 hours. Ill get done early and try to sleep for the remainder of the time, ill put my head down on my desk and within minutes ill feel these like pops in my head, a sign this SP is about kick in. This popping happened at least 8 times before i was stuck in it. It happened to me every day this week so far. I was at my desk, i heard everybody talking loudly around me i was like whaat? We were all supposed to be quiet because this was some serious testing. I finally woke up and everyone was silent. So i think our minds, or at least mine, makes things up to try and cope with whats happening. Im speaking what goes on. Ive have been interested in Astral Projection for awhile now, how to go from sleep paralysis to Astral Projection. Since SP is so natural to me. I hope i haven't wasted your time and i hope you can relate to very frequent SP with interests in Astral Projection. Thanks

Edited by TreyDizz
  • Like 1

So i was waking up, and felt this foot stumping me like someone passing over me. then a huge weight over my body and i tried to struggle. the first time i was able to push the force and tried to pray, cause i instantly tought this a ghost...i was able to lift it up a bit but not for long. only with determination was i able to push it away and wake up. the second time i remember pushing it with my arms (my astral body idk) and pray to God, it kinda worked but i was still trapped there and someone grabbed my arms and rolled me over bed and dragged to what it seemed a cradle, the instant i perceived what he might be trying to do i said stop! i think i knew all the time this wasn't a dream. i was trapped in rem sleep. maybe when you're more vunerable. i woke up. to realize i did'nt move an inch, not even my arms to struggle. needless to say i didn't close my eyes so fast, and turned to the side... no more sleeping on my back. scary **** :td:

post-137979-0-01664200-1363435159_thumb.

Edited by alexanddra
  • Like 1

I've had regular SP for about a year now, but I never ever get used to it. Every time there is a new paranormal 'thing' visiting me. As we speak I just woke up from one. I'm sleeping in my bed at uni and having a regular nightmare (I always have a 'regular nightmare' before going into SP) and then I 'wake up' and feel relieved, except for the fact that it feels heavy the breath. Then all of a sudden someone whispers my name from the other side of the room. I panic and start to struggle to move but it's impossible, I can't even turn my head. I try to scream but It's not working. So I close my eyes and try to lie still while I hear footsteps walking towards me in my room. At this point my heart is racing at abnormal speed and I slowly open one eye to see what's standing right by my bed and It's a faceless man, kind off like a huge rag doll with an evil smile and he's looking at me. At this point I'm panicking even more and start to try to move, and all of a sudden I can move once again I slowly open my eyes to see if he's still there, but he's not.

I've seen so many freaking creatures, and they are always whispering my name. Once there was even a creature in my bed, climbing up my body and then tried to strangle me. After every SP, I stay scared and I just can't sleep, like now, because I'm scared I will have another one. I can't even turn the lights off.

• Like 1

I've seen so many freaking creatures, and they are always whispering my name. Once there was even a creature in my bed, climbing up my body and then tried to strangle me.

There wasn't a creature in your bed. Nothing tried to strangle you. It was a dream.

After every SP, I stay scared and I just can't sleep, like now, because I'm scared I will have another one. I can't even turn the lights off.

Go to a sleep disorders clinic like I did.

Some of these experiences posted here are so frightening.

I've had SP quite a few times in the recent years. The last two ones I had, I dreamed that somebody was trying to strangle me. I couldn't see the person, I just knew what they were doing. I tried to move but couldn't and I was aware that it was SP. I was screaming at myself in my head to wake up but I just couldn't force myself to do it. I was also trying to call out to my parents to help me because even though I was aware it was SP, I still believed somebody was trying to strangle me. It was strange and unpleasant.

I've never had any occasions where I've seen beings or creatures in SP though like some users here and I don't want to either! It sounds terrifying!

• Like 1

One of my favorite ones (which happened three times) was waking up with the sensation of bugs crawling down my throat.

How convincing are these hallucinations? I threw up every time this happened. :cry:

I didn't even know i had fallen asleep that is what creeped me out, because it wasn't late, i was waiting for my boyfriend to come back from his cig break.

I felt like someone was sitting on my chest and i couldn't breathe.. but in my head i was thinking 'whys he not back yet, his cigs taking ages' I then heard a big like, metal screeching noise and then footsteps and then a loud voice, shouting at me. ITS OK YOU'RE IN A DREAM DONT BE AFRAID OF ME, I WONT HURT YOU

then i went to get up because i thought wow this is weird wake up, but realized i couldn't move. I tried to shout my boyfriends name, yet nothing was coming out of my mouth. i had no voice. i was crying and could feel the tears coming down my face! trying to lift my arm up to move, i thought 'right Im going to do this' i felt like i was pushing 5 times my own body weight yet still couldn't do it. so i lay there, thinking i was being possessed by the devil or something knowing i was going to die! i could finally open my eyes, and there was a dark shadowy man stood over me that looked like Lucifer, with the horns on his head..

i then screamed and pulled the blanket over my head.. i peaked out again to see whether this figure was still there and it was gone.

so i just sat in bed crying and rocking.. until my boyfriend finally came up and asked me what's wrong.

i explained to him that i was possessed by the devil and he didn't believe me so we cuddled and went to sleep.

The next day he woke me up because he had researched it and told me it was ok and i wasn't possessed.

Its so horrible i have them all the time! in the past month i have had around 5! and can remember every single one of them! this was by far the worst one though...

Edited by ellenunderwoodx
  • Like 1

um ...I haven't explerienced sp :no:

I don't normally sleep on my back. Sometimes I wake having interesting ideas. Never felt the sensation of pressure or unable to move.

Once in the morning I had a scary experience. I got woken up by a jolt of the bed. It happened again after I was wide. It was like someone thumping my bed. I looked up and relised there was no one there in the room. Everyone was at work. I worked on night shifts so I slept in parts of the day.

Edited by Rogue Suga
  • Like 2

Its so horrible i have them all the time! in the past month i have had around 5! and can remember every single one of them! this was by far the worst one though...

If these continue to disrupt your life, see a doctor who specializes in sleep disorders. I did and it changed my life.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

(for Skyrim players: sounded a lot like a hagraven!)

Those things are grotesque. And you described this 'thing' as being particularly vivid. Must've been a damn scary case.

I need some wisdom, friends. I never get sleep paralysis too often but today/last night was the most horrifying one I've ever experienced. As I first started dreaming it was taking place in a strange crafty shed with dusty windows and strange people I didn't know. It wasn't long before I had shifted locations and the situation had changed. At that point I was with a guy I once loved. (slightly normal) I fell asleep at a random home then "awoke" to the location where I had originally fell asleep in reality. The lighting was dim and had an orange tint and my vision had a haze like there was cloth over my eyes. That's when I started hearing the most terrifying voices directly in my ears, I couldn't move. I knew my bestfriend was next to so ai started screaming as hard as possible. The only sounds I could process were the unearthly voices and my shrill screams to Rachel. I continuously bellowed; "Rachel! Help me wake up! Please help me! I can't wake up dammit!" I thought I felt her shaking me. This is when I started to come back to actual reality, I would open my eyes and not be able to move but then be suckes back into the dream and hear the voices. After I actually woke up Rachel was looking at me and I starting crying and told her what had happend. She has sleep paralysis almost every night. She woke up 10 minutes beforehand and had an extreme urge to wake me up but refrained. Our dreams often synch together and her nightmare was almost identical to mine. I don't know what to do. I'm scared to sleep.

• Like 2

My sleep paralysis experience wasn't as dramatic as some of the others here, but it was extremely scary to me. I woke up and I couldn't move at all. I couldn't even open my eyes. I heard a large group whispering around me. I didn't make out exactly what they were saying, but I had this strong sense that they were evil entities and plotting how to lure me to their side. It was terrifying. I wasn't especially religious or anything, but I didn't know what else to do so I said (in my head), "Jesus, please save me from this." As soon as I said that, the whispers stopped and I could instantly move. Maybe it was a coincidence and none of this was supernaturally tied, but at least now I know what to try if I'm ever in that situation again!

Edited by Seasi
  • Like 2

So I just had an episode of S-P

I've had a dozen episodes or more before, and I am starting to recognize them almost instantly during the episode. As I am sure most of the readers here can relate; these episodes have an impact on you mentally. You are always left with questions about your hallucinations.

For me it's always the typical shadowy figures or something that feels less like a ghost, more like an alien probing you. Like you were being analyzed and you woke up in the middle which wasn't a part of the so-called alien's plan (haha). I had new occurrences during the last episode. This time I was being "pulsed", or whatever and there was this shadowy floating thing I was watching and it would pulse white and fade back to black and when it pulsed, so did my body; like I felt a surge of warmness then it tingles away. During the episode I am thinking things like "another s-p episode, relax; enjoy it", or "try to discover a way to break free, focus on one movement". I focused on moving my left arm upwards because that was the closest thing to the hallucination and my goal was to reach out and sort of waft it away, heh. However, after a minute or so I just couldn't get the strength to move my arm even at all. I then resorted to trying to speak and this was a bit easier, first I thought what I wanted to say as if I was shouting my thoughts like when you try to be telepathic with your friends and you clench your brow and push your thought (haha you know you've tried it before). Well after two message attempts; "Get out of my room", I finally was able to vocally say "Get out of my room" and in the same moment was able to rise up in bed and dismiss the hallucinations. Of course, I immediately looked out my window and upwards into the sky to investigate for any S-P causing UFOs!!!

I always want to feel significant about these episodes like I had some kind of special moment that not many people will have, but I have to conclude that the reality of the situation is that it's all in my head. The reason why I see what makes me think of aliens is simply because I am more interested in Aliens than Ghosts. I am not religious, I am very scientific and have a career as an engineer. I would volunteer to make contact with aliens if given the chance, and because of my interests I have to conclude that the themes of my hallucinations would always derive from interests that are stored in memory. I just hope it doesn't really happen and I am careless about it because I think its a s-p episode. The rude awakening would be pretty harsh.

• Like 1

hi im new. and i had my first ever sleep paralysis this morning. i woke up at first and at weekends im not aloud to get up till 8:00am and it was about 7:33am so i layed on the bed on my back (normaly i lay on my side) and closed my eyes sometime later i was in a dream i was at school and such... then i woke up from the dream but i could not move my room was blurred out and all i could hear was my werid breathing and very loud heart beats. i paniked and tried to breath properly because i thoght it was a heart attack then i was trying to yell for my mum but i could not. after i little while i was able to sit up again. and i realized i had just had sleep paralysis whitch my mum had told me about before because she has got it a few times. luckliy i did not see or hear anything scary. but i was scared i was going to die. im 15 and do have lots of anxiety issues and extreme OCD

• Like 1

I personally have never had an experience (thankfully) however my dad has had several I believe but has only told me about 1. He was in bed and believes he was wide awake. He felt a presence and then felt a heavy weight on his chest. He believes it was an old woman and that he needed to prove his strength so he began pushing her up and yelling my mums name. My mum was awake and heard my dad whisper her name once, but he believes he was yelling and shouting her name. He said he struggled with this woman but finally 'won' and pushed her away and off him.

Quite frightening. That house it happened in was an old house, and the previous owner was an elderly woman who had died. He thinks she came back as he was renovating the house. I have heard however that seeing an old woman is a classic experience during sleep paralysis.

• Like 1

Sleep Paralysis is something I've been dealing with since I was a teenager, though the episodes have decreased as I get older (I'm almost 35 now). It can be a pretty terrifying experience, yes, but for me I think it's mainly because of the feeling that I no longer have control of my body which is what tends to bring on the nightmare aspect of the dream itself. It would be easy to tell people to try to stay calm while it's happening but then I've only ever managed to do that once... and that was quite the experience itself.

How it usually goes for is that once I've woken and am paralysed I'll go through the usual gammut of fear and struggle ( I think we all know what that's like, no need to explain it further), but when I regain control and am awake I will change position and try to go back to sleep. I'm used to it now. But the kicker is that when I try to go back to sleep I will hear a sound like rushing water, and I'll feel like I'm vibrating, and then a feeling of falling suddenly from a presupice. This is what scares me the most, because there is still a lingering fear and I'm never sure what will happen if I let myself fall. Another thing is that just before I feel the fall I immediately return to the dream I was having before I woke up. And when I feel the fall again I'm paralysed. And it continues like that until I can either get to sleep normally (finally) or I have to get out of bed to clear my head a bit.

I have an idea about this that I've formed after reading about other's experiences. A lot of people hear some kind of sound during SP, it seems to be different for a lot of people, as well as the vibrating. I think what is happening is that we are somehow experiencing the brain's signal to the rest of the body that keeps us from acting out our dreams as it is being sent. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with. And I think that, for me at least, when I'm going through this particular event I'm basically stuck right on the edge of deep sleep, which can explain the sensation of falling.

I mentioned that I've only once been able to stay calm as this was happening. This is what happened:

About a year and a half ago I happened to be working graveyard shifts. I'd been doing the shift for quite a while at that point and the schedule was really taking it's toll on me. I was exhausted all the time and I rarely could sleep more than 4 hours in a day . One particular morning when I arrived home and crawled into bed sleep came instantaneously. I guess it was that exhaustion that caused me to, I guess I should say "give in," cause I woke up paralyzed, heard the rushing noise, changed positions and then immediately felt the drop, but just this one time I thought "ah, screw it" and let myself fall.

Well. After that I had a full on lucid dream, maybe even an out of body experience (though I'm hesitant to call it that). I floated out of my room, into the hall, then into the kitchen, and proceeded to sink through the floor into the appartment below mine. Everything was in its place. Nothing was at all different. Same for the apartment below as I know very well what it looks like since it's actually my mother who lives there. I was definitely aware because my thoughts were racing. I was absolutely amazed and I remember thinking "I can't believe I just did that!" (thinking of letting myself fall the way I did), and the questions running through my head; is this a lucid dream or an out of body experience? and finally just dazzled that I was floating through my apartment. Honestly I thought a lucid dream would be slightly more eventful. I remember thinking that too.

Anyway it didn't last long. After I had floated down into my mother's apartment I woke up. Again paralyzed. This was different as well. I guess I just wan't in the mood to be scared. I saw some hallucinations; a face hovering over my bed looking at me, and hands reaching for me, but I remember thinking "Nope. No no no, not right now. Go away." It felt like it was trying to push me out of bed, but I wouldn't have it. I would not budge or give an inch. At that point I was more annoyed than anything and forced myself to get out of bed. I still have SP episodes, but none like that since. I keep hoping I'll be brave enough to try it again the next time but I never am, sadly.

• Like 1

About 5 or 6 years ago when I was 11 or 12, I was asleep in my bed, no one in my room but myself and my cat (my cat is always looking around the room like he sees something that I don't) then I felt something holding onto me from behind and breathing on the back of my neck. It felt like it was really big because it seemed to be holding me down. I have a big dog but, my door was closed and the dog was downstairs in my parents room, so it wasn't him. My cat was on the floor just looking around and doing cat stuff so it wasn't him either. It held onto me for a few minutes. When I finally could move, I quickly flipped over expecting to see something and nothing was there. I'll admit I was crying and freaking out and I called my mom and she just thought it was a dream, but I am sure I was awake. To this day I can't sleep on my side anymore because I freak out that something is gonna grab me again. But I have a question, if any body is an expert on the subject maybe they can help me. When you are in sleep paralysis, are you awake or asleep technically? I know my eyes were open and I was staring at my wall for the whole time I couldn't move. Assuming I was awake, could I still be feeling any affects of dreaming to explain what was grabbing on to me and breathing on my neck?

• Like 1

I'm honestly not sure if I'm having sleep paralysis issues or if it's something else but occasionally something that I know isn't normal happens in my sleep. I'll be falling asleep and within a few minutes, I'll be half-dreaming where I'm thinking of something before I go to bed and it branches off into a plot or story of its own. Suddenly, a sound (usually a laugh) will just play really loudly in my head and I can't stand it. When I hear the sound I realize that it's happening, and I realize I'm dreaming, and I try waking up so the noise will stop but I can't move anything, or even open my eyes. When I do try to move, I get pins and needles in whatever I'm trying to move.

Not really sure what this is but it's happened on more than one occasion and I really don't know why.

• Like 1

I'm honestly not sure if I'm having sleep paralysis issues or if it's something else but occasionally something that I know isn't normal happens in my sleep. I'll be falling asleep and within a few minutes, I'll be half-dreaming where I'm thinking of something before I go to bed and it branches off into a plot or story of its own. Suddenly, a sound (usually a laugh) will just play really loudly in my head and I can't stand it. When I hear the sound I realize that it's happening, and I realize I'm dreaming, and I try waking up so the noise will stop but I can't move anything, or even open my eyes. When I do try to move, I get pins and needles in whatever I'm trying to move.

Not really sure what this is but it's happened on more than one occasion and I really don't know why.

The reasons could be numerouse. To eliminate the laugh, you can go on a quest to find and destroy it. Mine was a mechanical clown laugh. It haunted my altered states until I decided enough was enough and went looking for it. When I found it I destroyed it and it never returned.