Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Admiral Danger

Where In The Universe Challenge

4 posts in this topic

it's been a while since this was last done, but i think it's time to bring it back :tu:

Here's this week's image for the Where In The Universe Challenge, to test your visual knowledge of the cosmos. You know what to do: take a look at this image and see if you can determine where in the universe this image is from; give yourself extra points if you can name the instrument responsible for the image. We’ll provide the image today, but won’t reveal the answer until tomorrow.

where-in-the-universe-87-580x422.jpg

http://www.universetoday.com/2010/01/13/where-in-the-universe-87/

ummets see if Ican idetify this, looks likred rebellnonnoa

Edited by thefinalfrontier

the answer has been posted:

This is a composite image from Chandra, Hubble, VLA and MERLIN that shows the jet from a black hole at the center of a galaxy striking the edge of another galaxy, which in 2007, was the first time such an interaction has been found.

the answer has been posted:

This is a composite image from Chandra, Hubble, VLA and MERLIN that shows the jet from a black hole at the center of a galaxy striking the edge of another galaxy, which in 2007, was the first time such an interaction has been found.

Doc, i started playing along when the first version of 'where in the universe' was going, for the first two weeks i got one answer right and the second week's half right, i thought i was on a roll and i was until week 3,4,5,6, etc....when i didn't have a clue what the images where. so i bowed out gracefully. i don't follow space exploration close enough to recognise these images at first glance. but i hope you continue to post the challenges, its still interesting seeing the images and reading the replies of those taking part.