Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sex Pheromones

Alien Being

Note that human pheromones have not bin shown to exist.

However some study has bin done on the effects of human sweat, such a woman adjusting her menstral cycle when exposed to sweat from a males armpit, however none of it is conclusive and most studies done are heavily criticized.

I believe they do exist though in some fashion but have bin repressed a bit do to our evolution.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alien Being

• The Silver Thong

• Cadetak

• cluey

I disagree they are not repressed whatsoever, not the 'pheremones' themselves rather peoples cognitive awareness has been.

I disagree they are not repressed whatsoever, not the 'pheremones' themselves rather peoples cognitive awareness has been.

I agree they are fully active.

Note that the masking of his smell was important. :) Personally I have never found a female particularly turned on after 30minutes of heavy activity resulting in serious nasty BO. ;)

Note that the masking of his smell was important. :) Personally I have never found a female particularly turned on after 30minutes of heavy activity resulting in serious nasty BO. ;)

I dont think its as important as you think.

Some women will hate your sweaty smell some will like it. To some your sweat will actually smell good as in better than aftershave.

Edited by Alien Being

Some women will hate your sweaty smell some will like it. To some your sweat will actually smell good as in better than aftershave.

You're sweaty smell should still trigger a subconscious response unfiltered by their consciousness regardless of how well the smell was masked. A sweaty smell mixed with aftershave may induce a more primitive response of attraction simultaneously bypassing the conscious need for cleanliness.

Edited by PsiSeeker

Yes that sounds better.

Yes that sounds better.

Again I disagree as when I smell certain women sweaty from the gym I'm attracted to them instantly.

Do smokers have a hard time smelling pheromones?

I notice that some people lack the genes to smell androstenone. Perhaps some people really cant smell pheromones. Perhaps you may even be gay and atrracted to same sex pheromones or perhaps your woman is overly hygenic so that you've never noticed it.

Edited by Alien Being

Again I disagree as when I smell certain women sweaty from the gym I'm attracted to them instantly.

Before I start I would like to again note that the existence of human pheromones has not bin proven and what little study has bin done on the subject has proved inconclusive at best.

If they do indeed exist they do not have a smell in the traditional sense, the pheromone itself would be odorless. Some claim that a vomeronasal organ exists in human beings, simply put this organ is responsible for the detection of pheromones in animals that have them. Of course the existence of the vomeronasal organ in humans is highly debateable and completely unproven, and even amongst scientists who subscribe to its existence believe that it is a trait that is no longer active(as in its just leftover genes from ancestors). Others may state that are normal smell sense can detect human pheromones some may even state it detection can be from the mouth as opposed to the nose...most however subscribe to the belief that human genetics does not give support for the capability to detect the pheromone beyond its related odor(or even be able to produce them anyways). However all specifics aside it seems clear that if human pheromones do exist they would be released through sweat(more specifically from the armpit).

However all science aside, I believe some form of pheromone exists in humans...it may not be in the traditional sense...and it may not be to the same degree or function as other animals but existent in some form nonetheless.

If you are attracted to everyone woman sweating at the gym everytime you go there then that may not be pheromones but something else. Pheromones are for mate selection(so it shouldnt be all women in the gym) and theoretically would only be produced during fertility(so you would experience lower and higher times of attraction).

Note that a pheromone isn't simply a sent you are attracted to. Its a bit more then that.

Do smokers have a hard time smelling pheromones?

Considering pheromones have not bin shown to exist there is no study to support or deny the claim. However considering smoking has bin shown to effect the general sense of smell it may not be a far leap to assume it would effect other detection methods attributed to the nose.

I notice that some people lack the genes to smell androstenone. Perhaps some people really cant smell pheromones. Perhaps you may even be gay and atrracted to same sex pheromones or perhaps your woman is overly hygenic so that you've never noticed it.

It could also be because human pheromones are not really needed and bin phased out through evolution which could have some people having them and others not.

However it is my opinion that pheromones or some aspect of biology may be responsible for such phenomenon as 'Love at First Sight' or in any instance where a normal person is unusually attracted to somebody near instantly. I met this girl once years back, who I was attracted to more then I should have bin...as in she really wasn't that hot(or not even hot at all depending on who you ask)...but had an unusual amount of pull on certain boys...like even guys who could literally get any girl they wanted but wanted her even though there were hotter girls available. This girl ended up being the basis for my initial research and study.

Edited by Cadetak

However it is my opinion that pheromones or some aspect of biology may be responsible for such phenomenon as 'Love at First Sight' or in any instance where a normal person is unusually attracted to somebody near instantly. I met this girl once years back, who I was attracted to more then I should have bin...as in she really wasn't that hot(or not even hot at all depending on who you ask)...but had an unusual amount of pull on certain boys...like even guys who could literally get any girl they wanted but wanted her even though there were hotter girls available. This girl ended up being the basis for my initial research and study.

I often come across someone I hate for no reason.

I think it must be pheromones.

I often come across someone I hate for no reason.

I think it must be pheromones.

I don't know about hate, but pheromones can be responsible for other things other then reproduction. I'm sure you are familiar with animals marking their territory this works partly through pheromone detection. Some study suggests(however do not prove and the results are arguable) that for example a male will detect the pheromones of another competing male and therefore might incite aggression.

Another factor I sometimes consider is a pseudo 'sixth sense' that allows humans to detect others nervous system. Applications of this would be similar to pheromones but more specific allowing to say that through recognition of another's nervous system you can find the optimal mate for genetic diversity to create the best offspring...also to detect fear and any other emotion or thought that effects how the nervous system reacts. Think of machine detecting magnetic fields as a comparison.

So if any of what I'm saying is true, you may 'hate' people who are in some way your competition(whether it be for women or dominance) and they are your competition because they may carry a similar pheromone 'scent' or have a similar nervous structure. Of course thats justy my completely unfounded opinion.

Note that the masking of his smell was important. original.gif Personally I have never found a female particularly turned on after 30minutes of heavy activity resulting in serious nasty BO. wink2.gif

Yeah, a Woman might like the smell of her man after coming home from work unbathed, but to acutally go a week without washing is disgusting and unhygenicwacko.gif. For a Woman to have sex with a man that has went that amount of time without washing would probrably resort into all types of nasty infections for her.......ugh no.gif

Sweaty after a good workout, or long day at work I can see, that can be sort of sexy...... but you undoubtedly reek after not showering for that amount of timehmm.gif . We have a guy here at my job that doesn't bathe, and tries to mask his funk with cologne and aftershave, everyone clears the room when he comes around. I think every workplace has that one smelly guy that everyone avoids, and talks about behind his back wink2.gif

Hi All

I'm starting a debate on how pheromones effect humans from a psychological point of view when it comes to sex, friendship and relating towards other people. The reason for this thread is that I've not had a shower or bath in a week and I have started noticing some unusual results (Dont worry aftershave used to keep me smelling good). All comments welcome.

Effects on women

1. The first thing I began to notice was that when I came back from breaks at work I kept finding certain women sat in my chair.

2. I also began to notice that most women who I had been around since stopping washing were being more friendly than usual, making more eye contact and openly flirting.

3. Some women even started talking directly about sex.

4. A few negative instances did occur as not washing made a couple of the women in my workplace become very competitive with me.

5. I will add most women who got a sniff (natural smell masked by aftershave remember) instantly became alert, responsive and noticed me.

Effects on Men

1. I found that my manager started to act aggressively towards me.

2. A few of the men in my workplace began to be competitive with me trying to challenge my status by trying to get me to do things.

3. My department manager started talking about promoting me despite the fact I've only been there 5 months.

What is going on?

I even had a young pretty women get on the bus and come and side right beside me and I dont simply mean on the same seat together. I mean real close, touching close.

Its a shame not washing causes aggression.

There is something to this. If you look up scent, pheromones and sexuality, you might be surprised at how much information there is on the subject. Although, I don't recomend going around in public when you haven't showered for a week (lol). Many people consider this seriously offensive. I know I wouldn't want to be around someone who was dirty or smelled horrible.

But there is something in a person's natural musk that can cause sexual arousal in the opposite sex (or the same sex if the person is homosexual). I posted a thread on this subject on another form. However, it can go one way or the other. While it may be attractive to some, it can be absolutely repulsive to others. I'm personally not interested in ANYONE'S body odor but the person I am romantically involved with. In the right context; then and only then can it be a turn on.

when you are 12 or 13 and start having crushes and"puppy love" it's because

your body is being flooded with hormones and pheremones for the 1st time,and like

anything else good for you,it's very addictive.that's why if you are a male,you wake

up "happy"below the waist every am!!!

There is something to this. If you look up scent, pheromones and sexuality, you might be surprised at how much information there is on the subject. Although, I don't recomend going around in public when you haven't showered for a week (lol). Many people consider this seriously offensive. I know I wouldn't want to be around someone who was dirty or smelled horrible.

But there is something in a person's natural musk that can cause sexual arousal in the opposite sex (or the same sex if the person is homosexual). I posted a thread on this subject on another form. However, it can go one way or the other. While it may be attractive to some, it can be absolutely repulsive to others. I'm personally not interested in ANYONE'S body odor but the person I am romantically involved with. In the right context; then and only then can it be a turn on.

I agree

A week long without bathing will get a negative response from many people but it also gets a very positive response from others. To some people your sweat simply doesnt smell bad at all regardless of how long you've gone without a shower.

Masking the smell of stale sweat doesnt appear to stop negative responses even if all you can smell is aftershave.

I have come across women that smell like they've got up late and not had time for a shower and many of them do smell bad to me. Some though smell good. There scent doesnt put me off nd its a turn on.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There probably is no human fermione system. Even the analogous farimone detector in humans as opposed to other animals is inert.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/232635.php

Just some info for you. One of the guys that comes to the pub I drink at sometimes suffers from a slight mental illness and tends not to wash. He smells strongly of BO mostly a mixture of stale and fresh sweat. Once time he took his jacket off and put it on a bar stool next to him. One of the lasses came in and after chatting to me for a bit went over to the lad and started chatting to him, then said she was cold and put his jacket on and then breathed in deeply from it said it smelled 'nice, like a man'. She continued to be flirty with him until he left and then she back over to chat to me. I think his BO made me think he smelt bad and made her think he smelled good.

Also my ex girlfriend used to love it when I came home from work when I used to cut down trees, she said it was a mixture of sweat and petrol and 'tree' smell combined that drove her crazy.

Also I love the scent of some woman, there is this one lass I know and she smells so damn sexy it drives me wild, there's nothing I wouldn't do for her.