Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John Palifox Key's "Proofs of My Return"

Madelayne

Hello. I'm new here. Wanted to see if anyone has heard of the researcher/author JOHN PALIFOX KEY and his book PROOFS OF MY RETURN (from 1961) which tells the location of passageways on earth into a parallel demension where other types of beings live.

I have been looking for some answers for this mystery for a long time.

It is all very, very strange.

Thanks in advance,

Madelayne

Buried somewhere on this forum there is a huge thread about this very thing! It has some very interesting info in there ( as I recall) but nothing ever came of any of the claims about this man and his book. Most people think the whole name, book and story are entirely fictional.

Buried somewhere on this forum there is a huge thread about this very thing! It has some very interesting info in there ( as I recall) but nothing ever came of any of the claims about this man and his book. Most people think the whole name, book and story are entirely fictional.

Here it is:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55378&hl=PALIFOX&st=0

Well I have come across a few things in my time but this one takes the prize!

Until half an hour ago I had never heard of JPK or his manuscript or the alternative dimension.

Just scanned the other thread on UM, but alas all the links there seem to be invalid.

Anyone recommend a direct link (not UM), where i can get more info?

Well I have come across a few things in my time but this one takes the prize!

Until half an hour ago I had never heard of JPK or his manuscript or the alternative dimension.

Just scanned the other thread on UM, but alas all the links there seem to be invalid.

Anyone recommend a direct link (not UM), where i can get more info?

Why not try finding the people that were presenting the Hoax as real? At the very least, you will have at hand who not to listen to.

a quick google (after Wiki resulted in nothing at all) gave me first this place and then this blog: http://theparafactor.blogspot.com/2009/01/john-palifox-key-mysteryhoax-part-2_14.html

And this (more useful): http://ranprieur.com/misc/palifox.html

Edited by Wearer of Hats

Why not try finding the people that were presenting the Hoax as real? At the very least, you will have at hand who not to listen to.

Good to see an unbiased open minded response there starlord. As you say I now know who not to listen to.

• Like 1

a quick google (after Wiki resulted in nothing at all) gave me first this place and then this blog: http://theparafactor.blogspot.com/2009/01/john-palifox-key-mysteryhoax-part-2_14.html

And this (more useful): http://ranprieur.com/misc/palifox.html

As someone on the previous thread has suggested, there is actually precious little information on the web about this. No reference to where the original manuscript can be purchased. So if it is a hoax, who is or was making money out of it? A search on amazon, ebay and other book stores reveals nothing.

A complete dead end.

Surely someone by now would have sniffed a money making opportunity in this one and tried to make a buck or two?

What is happening here?

Good to see an unbiased open minded response there starlord. As you say I now know who not to listen to.

Typical. If you read the original thread that was closed by Irish, you would have understood my point. You would have seen those who were playing the hoax and those who trapped the hoaxers in a very ingenious way.

You did get the part about the "book" possibly being sold for an insane amount of money?

Like FIGU, not only do they want to tithe you, they will be happy to sell you out of print books for ridiculous amounts of money about ET.

Ever heard of P.T. Barnum and his motto?

Let me know where specifically I said that the Palifox story was bunk.

Be sure to get that knee of yours looked at.

Typical. If you read the original thread that was closed by Irish, you would have understood my point. You would have seen those who were playing the hoax and those who trapped the hoaxers in a very ingenious way.

You did get the part about the "book" possibly being sold for an insane amount of money?

Like FIGU, not only do they want to tithe you, they will be happy to sell you out of print books for ridiculous amounts of money about ET.

Cheap way to promote a book if you have the time. Alternatively, a hoax is always a good way to hide the truth. Anyone read Talisman by Stephen King, that is what this thread reminded me of.

Cheap way to promote a book if you have the time. Alternatively, a hoax is always a good way to hide the truth. Anyone read Talisman by Stephen King, that is what this thread reminded me of.

I think you guys are too hung up on the deception issue if there was such a thing. What about the scores of others who alledgedly have had similar experiences? Drugs? Lies? Dreams? Truth? Who knows?

Too much snap judgement here without looking at the array of accounts.

Don't understand the reference to the knee???

Don't understand the reference to the knee???

In reference to your:

"Good to see an unbiased open minded response there starlord. As you say I now know who not to listen to".

Were you being sarcastic or were you referring to my point about after having read the closed thread, you would know who not to listen to if you come across those same players?

If you were being sarcastic, then having someone tend to your knee, might alleviate the typical knee jerk reaction. :D

• 1 year later...

" below each arch there is a path or lighted traIl. Clearly marked and inscribed in the bark (text missing) words that have been used as they have once(?) scratched markings on gateposts when times were harder. (?) to enter it must be read or interpreted with utmost care. A slight of step, short decline of terra down(?) wards. As if to look up from a deep well and see the stars (?)day, when the sun blazes bright(?)rather light does not seem to change intensity but change instead direction. " jpk

" below each arch there is a path or lighted traIl. Clearly marked and inscribed in the bark (text missing) words that have been used as they have once(?) scratched markings on gateposts when times were harder. (?) to enter it must be read or interpreted with utmost care. A slight of step, short decline of terra down(?) wards. As if to look up from a deep well and see the stars (?)day, when the sun blazes bright(?)rather light does not seem to change intensity but change instead direction. " jpk

http://ayndryl.blogspot.com/search/label/Liber%20Visionum

So, the hoaxers are back to delude people into replying to their ARG fantasy? Must have been kicked off another site and decided to get their kicks trolling UM again.

Could a mod please close this thread, as this topic has already been shown to be a hoax for no other purpose than the selfish gratification of the perpertrators. Thanks.

Edited by Leonardo

This has already been proven to be a hoax with the original hoaxer admitting to his/her part HERE

This has already been proven to be a hoax with the original hoaxer admitting to his/her part HERE

im glad they at least admitted it, most dont. suprising how some hold faith after something is proven wrong. says a lot about people hey...

• 1 year later...

I read through the thread where BishopRyan admitted his trolling in a sense. He didn't debunk the entire story, only his part in it where he claimed to have found a copy of the book.

That by no means proves that the book doesn't exist nor does it disprove the theory as a whole. I for one find this whole thing incredibely interesting and am always in the market for more information regarding it.

It is unable to be disproved unless someone can visit each and every alleged portal location and show that they do not travel anywhere not of the world we know and live in right now.

That to me, makes it so interesting.

If it is a hoax, so be it. I will drop my searching and admit that it is not real. But there is fun in the looking to be certain. And a good story is worth pursuing. True or Not.

• 1 year later...

I read through the thread where BishopRyan admitted his trolling in a sense. He didn't debunk the entire story, only his part in it where he claimed to have found a copy of the book.

That by no means proves that the book doesn't exist nor does it disprove the theory as a whole. I for one find this whole thing incredibely interesting and am always in the market for more information regarding it.

It is unable to be disproved unless someone can visit each and every alleged portal location and show that they do not travel anywhere not of the world we know and live in right now.

That to me, makes it so interesting.

If it is a hoax, so be it. I will drop my searching and admit that it is not real. But there is fun in the looking to be certain. And a good story is worth pursuing. True or Not.

Not to dig up any graves but this story seems to get revived regularly with some uncertainty.

Let me clear this up. Its 100% a fictional story. Even some of the early contributors are the works of one or two individuals looking to expand their hoax. The "trolling" you're referring to was designed to expose those who were adamant about the books existence including those that actually claimed to have the book or have seen the book. We fabricated aspects of the story, added some side stories and created fictitious excerpts and verbiage from the so called book. Then right on cue those believers/contributors ran with the fabrications as if was an original aspect of the story.

Its a cool story but that's all it is. No such person ever existed...John Palifox Key. No such book ever existed "Proof of my Return".

• Like 2

Between this and Slender Man, I'd say this type of hoaxing is quite successful. Would it break UM's policy if we tried to create a new story from scratch and seeing if anyone bites?