Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

M130 Gene - Australians and Indians

Probe

I recently watched Michael Wood's documentary "The story of India". He claims people who carry the M130 gene are decedents of the first humans who migrated out of Africa. Does anybody know more about it? Is his claim valid?

"More than half of the Australian aborigines carry this M130 gene. The marker is also present among some people in Philippines and the tribals of Malaysia," said Dr Pitchappan.

http://zeitlerweb.com/about-2/dna-shows-70000-year-link/

sorry i'm no help here,lol......but this is interesting.......my eldest son is part Australian aborigine and native indian........maybe i will look into it a bit more...cheers!!!!

I watched a doco once where it stated that Aboriginal and yes some asian countries decended from Mongals. Of which where also decendence of the Aztecs and a correlation between Native Americans.

The focus was on the skeletal structures as well as genes also history and documentation. This is very interesting!

funny concept..

Im not totally sure Sir because I only go bits and piece of the documentray admittedly, but Im very interested to know about this. i was left with no title from the show I watched It on and have been keen ever since to see if something familiar came up.,. what are your thoughts and knowledge of this correlation?

Found this article, not sure if it helps:

link

Contrary to beliefs I held in my youth, I am increasingly finding that we are all linked, and are closer related than many of us realise. Makes me feel an affinity for all of Earth's people... :tu:

It doesn't suprise me that half the Aborginal population carries this gene, they are so ancient a people, arriving here around 50,000 years ago after travelling out of Africa.

I found it even more interesting that the people of South America down in Tierra del Fuego have been shown to be a possible relative of the Australian Aborigines. The title of this link is First Americans were Australian Aboriginals.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci/tech/430944.stm

Interesting link Puzzler , .. it says Charcoal was found... can't wait to hear the dating of that.

It doesn't suprise me that half the Aborginal population carries this gene, they are so ancient a people, arriving here around 50,000 years ago after travelling out of Africa.

I found it even more interesting that the people of South America down in Tierra del Fuego have been shown to be a possible relative of the Australian Aborigines. The title of this link is First Americans were Australian Aboriginals.

http://www.lifescientist.com.au/article/131860/dr_wells_genetic_crusade (below is from this link provided by UM member avs76..in his post after yours)

Charles Darwin's Voyage of the Beagle describes the now-extinct people of Tierra del Fuego as being of non-Amerindian appearance.

Intriguingly, Darwin reported that the Fuegians spoke a guttural language punctuated by 'click' sounds, unlike any they had heard previously. The Bushmen and other Khoisan peoples speak 'click' languages, hinting that the first modern humans to leave Africa may also have been 'click' speakers.

Edited by lightlyy

Puzz,

That article is unreasonably erroneous. It states:

But cave paintings found here provided the first clue to the existence of a much older people.

The costumes and rituals shown in rock art survived in Terra del Fuego

Images of giant armadillos, which died out before the last ice age, show the artists who drew them lived before even the natives who greeted the Europeans.

No need to read any farther that that. The "giant armadillo" hogwash was obviously thrown in to try to make the site seem more ancient than it is:

Glyptodon originated in South America. A related genus, Glyptotherium, first appeared in the south-west of the modern USA about 2.5 million years ago as a result of the Great American Interchange, a set of migrations that occurred after North and South America were connected by the rising of the volcanic Isthmus of Panama. They became extinct about 10,000 years ago. The native human population in their range is believed to have hunted them and used the shells of dead animals as shelters in inclement weather.[1][2]

SOURCE

I seem to recall that the article was shown to be a bunch of fluff by several archaeological publications (yes, I read it before.)

IIRC, what has been shown, or at least surmised, is that the natives in Tierra Del Fuego descend from people that are related to the people that originally populated Australia, but that they no doubt took the same route here as did the other Native American peoples.

Harte

Edited by Harte

• 3 years later...

Hi All! Was just watching The Story of India. Great stuff!

But You can all check this documentary out which TRACED the origin of man through this very specific genetic "Y" chromosome marker which is shared by the earliest people from each of their respective country (ie...Mongolia, China, Austrailia, Europe, American, etc) like the isolated indigenous Indian villagers found in the the Doc "The Story of India" who are by the way also mentioned in this Documentary. I believe this Doc is more al inclusive and telling of the story of us as a whole as told from our own genes. [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPycvh-mYbE[/media]

From a Genetic level..its irrefutable proof that we are all related from one still existing oldest tribe in Africa! SO I say Hello to all my Cousins here and around the world! ;)

Cheers!

Edited by mgrmn
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

guys....im new at posting on forums

anyways are we talking about native american indians or Asian Indians???

Thanx

Hi persius, welcome ..people in India ... Probe says it in post #1.

Puzz,

That article is unreasonably erroneous. It states:

No need to read any farther that that. The "giant armadillo" hogwash was obviously thrown in to try to make the site seem more ancient than it is:

SOURCE

I seem to recall that the article was shown to be a bunch of fluff by several archaeological publications (yes, I read it before.)

IIRC, what has been shown, or at least surmised, is that the natives in Tierra Del Fuego descend from people that are related to the people that originally populated Australia, but that they no doubt took the same route here as did the other Native American peoples.

Harte

True, as can be read in the following:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0043486

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0071390

cormac