Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Green Man in Parramatta Park?

ReturnOf4eva

I love the green man! he is the spirit of nature, so we should really be respectful to it. however if it wasn't the green man...be afraid...be very afraid. go with peace, or with a flamethrower...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReturnOf4eva

• cluey

• Hamlyn

• biorez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow!

That's frighteningly similar to the thing I saw! Thanks for that, and the dietary research you performed may be the reason it did not attack me.

I'm glad you found it useful.

ok......your apparently that traumatized you go to your friends house to post a new topic????????.....did you call emergency services or the police??????..cause it you REALLY did see something.......the last place you should be right now is posting it on erehmm.gif

Well, granted - if I were traumatized I probably wouldn't immediately post on a messageboard. BUT at the same time, what is he supposed to report to the police - that he heard weird noises and saw a green colored man walking around? Somehow I doubt the police would take that seriously...

As far as the original post goes, I might suggest going back with a camera and seeing if there is anything at all in the way of physical evidence - footprints or something. If you have a video camera with sounds, that might be even better - you might capture the sounds or (If you are lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it) get the figure on camera... But at least take a look to see if there are footprints or anything that might back up your experience in any way.

We did come back with more people and weapons to investigate.

But there was nothing there

And I HAD to post it SOMEWHERE on the internet so why not here?

First of all, I don't understand your reasoning. You encounter a strange being, that is not threatening you and it lets you leave unharmed, then you gather a posse and weapons and come after it. It left you alone. It could have had you if it wanted you, and you would not have stood a chance. I think I would have breathed a sigh of relief and left it at that.

I believe you and must say that it took some nerve to post your story here.

if i had seen an other worldly creature....i wouldn't be sitting at a mates places on his computer....that's for sure....i'd be more worried about the violent crimes in sydney than any out worldly creature...that's why i wouldn't be out in a park with weapons...

Good point cluey, especially in light of the police crack-down on even tiny pocket knives.

but these are young blokes and I remember being a scared knife weilding camper at that age.

:::

mrmctommy,

thankyou for the report.

It interests me that this occurred in Sydney's geographic and demographic heartland. For a creature as described to survive generally unnoticed in a popular suburban park surrounded by millions of people does stretch credulity. One gravitates to considering a supernatural explanation.

In situations such as this I can only recommend: stay calm, breath deep, seek evidence (photos on mobile phone.. hair sample extracted up close and personsl..lol)

Good point cluey, especially in light of the police crack-down on even tiny pocket knives.

but these are young blokes and I remember being a scared knife weilding camper at that age.

:::

mrmctommy,

thankyou for the report.

It interests me that this occurred in Sydney's geographic and demographic heartland. For a creature as described to survive generally unnoticed in a popular suburban park surrounded by millions of people does stretch credulity. One gravitates to considering a supernatural explanation.

In situations such as this I can only recommend: stay calm, breath deep, seek evidence (photos on mobile phone.. hair sample extracted up close and personsl..lol)

or it could be a bumb in a green rain coat that was all tattered.

or it could be a bumb in a green rain coat that was all tattered.

or a giant grasshopper from outer space .. locust plague out west? we ain't seen nothin' yet!

I don't like showering on these lads but the weirdest and scariest creatures lurking Sydney's parks are human. It's where the drunks and alcos sleep.. it's where the mentally retarded retreat.. it's where the sex fiends lurk and the place to go if you want to get shot or stabbed by complete strangers..

On Sydney Harbour you're safe as houses but not in those dark and grassy knolls away from the harbour lights.

zed who got lost and spent the night in a Sydney Park (hey, I was 15)

Hadn't thought of the fact it could have been a pedofile dressed up. Though it is possible, where was the intended prey? School was in session. Reckon he was just practicing?? Or perhaps he was psychic, knowing they were going to skip school??

Edited by Spiritster

First of all, I don't understand your reasoning. You encounter a strange being, that is not threatening you and it lets you leave unharmed, then you gather a posse and weapons and come after it. It left you alone. It could have had you if it wanted you, and you would not have stood a chance. I think I would have breathed a sigh of relief and left it at that.

I believe you and must say that it took some nerve to post your story here.

Well, let's be honest here : That sounds like a pretty scary experience for the guy so it makes sense that he ran away and didn't want to go back without some assurance of his safety. It's the same thing most people would do when faced with a complete and utter unknown.

Well, let's be honest here : That sounds like a pretty scary experience for the guy so it makes sense that he ran away and didn't want to go back without some assurance of his safety. It's the same thing most people would do when faced with a complete and utter unknown.

Didn't mean to sound harsh by any means. Especially at a young age, I would have got outto there pretty quck. I just questioned the crowd and the waepons coming after a non threatening being, if that is what it was, providing it wasn't an actor in a costume. If it was a legitimate crytid, I would have a concern of retaliation.

Edited by Spiritster

To put it in the simplest way, although I may come off a 'tad bit' IDIOTIC, I felt I had to satisfy my curiosity. If it was still there a while later, then it must have been there for a good reason, because, as I've said many times, I've never seen anything like that thing in my life.

Also, I walk through the park almost on a daily basis, and have never seen a pedophile, or crazy bums. And there definitely has never been stabbings in the park.

However, last year, 2 seniors from my school found a dead woman in a different creek about 300 meters away from the one I saw the green guy at. Apparently it was a drug overdose, but who knows.

To put it in the simplest way, although I may come off a 'tad bit' IDIOTIC, I felt I had to satisfy my curiosity. If it was still there a while later, then it must have been there for a good reason, because, as I've said many times, I've never seen anything like that thing in my life.

Also, I walk through the park almost on a daily basis, and have never seen a pedophile, or crazy bums. And there definitely has never been stabbings in the park.

However, last year, 2 seniors from my school found a dead woman in a different creek about 300 meters away from the one I saw the green guy at. Apparently it was a drug overdose, but who knows.

I wouldn't call it idiotic. Though it was non theatening, if you encounter it again, you might want to stay your distance from it, or run like hell like you did the first time. I wouldn't assume it is approachable or predictable.

Edited by Spiritster

sounds like you seen a ninja turtle!,i lived near Parramatta most of my life,it could have even been a drop bear,hahaha take it easy man :)

see there is logic!!!!......a drop bear is what it must have been........ :)

Of course. The staff was brown, and it looked a bit rusted. It was cylindrical, apart from one end, which looked like it had been sharpened.

amazed at length of this thread to say the least.

quick question for you Mrmctommy:

in your opening post you state you could only see him from waist up as he was looking over the creek.....how then are you able to describe both ends of the staff?

thanks.....

in your opening post you state you could only see him from waist up as he was looking over the creek.....how then are you able to describe both ends of the staff?

thanks.....

I think tommy has got confused with the experience and recalled an artist's impression of the junjudee, which was featured in the book Yowie In Search Of Australia's Bigfoot. The Kuritjah was one of the names of the little hairy men.
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS WITH "LITTLEFOOT", THE JUNJUDEE

By Tony Healy and Paul Cropper

Little hairy ape-men or "junjudees" have been seen and reported by Aborigines and new Australians up to the present day, and they may have Flores "hobbit" roots.

The dude had a stick in his right hand and an animal fur over his left shoulder. Here's a similar picture of the bigger douligah which the artist probably referred to for guidance.

Also a quick google search has revealed that Parramatta Park was the first place for strange phenomena in 1868 Did a UFO buzz New South Wales, Australia, in 1868? Parramatta Park

post-94765-044744600 1287739723_thumb.jp

post-94765-042275000 1287739730_thumb.jp

post-94765-056185100 1287740516_thumb.jp

Edited by Humblemun

The Old Government House, to this day, is Australia's oldest surviving public building. Located in the heart of historic Parramatta at the gates to the park and is notorious for it's ghostly goings-on;
One of the first reported ghost sightings in the house was by a workman who was along in a semi darkened room. He was installing a chandelier when he was confronted by a disembodied face at one of the windows, he looked in the window to the left of this one and saw the same face.

post-94765-087789200 1287756332_thumb.gi

post-94765-011763600 1287756339_thumb.jp

Be glad u did not go back to where the whisle was. i saw a movie where giant cockroachs that look human. do things to lure people to them or they hunt u and eat u. itcould be something like that. because who would whisle to u to come back if u had knifes on u. something that can kill and eat u. or it's slender man. u went into the woods on a school day and its after u. stay alert. stray from that place. keep a gun on u at all times. it may also have freinds with it. be afraid. be very afraid.

It's illegal to carry a gun (Or any weapon) with you in Australia.

• 1 month later...

This is my first topic and i did not know where to post it, so i thought I'd just post it in the Urban Legends section.

Just maybe half an hour ago, me and my friend (username 'biorez') were walking along the outskirts of Parramatta Park in Sydney (the park is a minute's walk from my house). It was sprinkling, though now it is pouring rain and storming pretty bad. Anyways, we were walking alongside a deserted creek, when we started hearing noises. Some sounded like a train, although there was no train track near that area, and some sounded like children's voices, even though I am positive that it was just me and my friend in that creek.

We pulled out of the area, and frantically started trying to assess the situation. We were trying to think rationally, but we couldn't help but believe that it was something way out of the ordinary. We came back to the creek, and started hearing more noises. They were much the same, and we weren't really panicking that much, when I look straight ahead and could have SWORN that I saw a dark figure, standing on it's hind legs, walk past the treeline about 5 metres ahead of us. I almost hyperventilated, an we started sprinting back to a nearby gazebo. We discussed whether we should go back to my friend's place (about 300 metres from the park, and facing it as well), or if we should run back to the creek, and investigate once more.

And so we did, and we started seeing more shadows and hearing more unnatural, un-suburbian noises. At this point, it started raining heavily, and we saw a gargantuan storm cloud approaching. we decided to bolt back to my friend's place. We started running in the opposite direction of the creek. I turned my head for a split second, and that was all I needed...

...and then I saw him. A Green man. He looked to be wearing something green, covering his hair (if he had any), but it almost looked like it was attached to his skull. He did not have a shirt on, and he had dark green skin. A darker texture than whatever was on his head. He looked like he had some sort of dead furred animal over his shoulder, and in the opposite hand, he was carrying what looked like some sort of long, melee weapon. Possibly a staff or a stick. He was looking out from under the creek, therefore I did not see his lower half. He had big bulgy black eyes STICKING, LITERALLY STICKING out of his head. Like a GRASSHOPPER! he had a mouth where his chin was supposed to be. And he had a normal looking nose, although I did not see any nostrils, but that's most likely due to the fact that I was at a distance. He then raised what must've been his eyebrows, and gave me a sort of 'where are you going' look. He then appeared to have shrugged, then turned and walked away. He did not have ears. Where his ears were supposed to be, it was just blank.

I stood there in shock, hyperventilating. I lost all bodily functions for about half a minute, while biorez was yelling 'we have to go! come on we have to go!' I then started running like there was no tomorrow. Now I sit here at my friend's computer, still sort of in shock, but sane enough to post this report.

Can someone PLEASE tell me WHAT THE HELL DID I SEE?

Well I dont think anyone can actually tell you exactly what it was that you saw. Though I am sure there are some people who THINK they're funny with there quick whitted responses full of ridicule and distain for the subject. I believe you saw something. Something that just cant be explained. There is just so much information we can base our answers on. But this is what I tell my kids....the sky never ends it goes on and on through one solar system to the next from one universe to the next and so on and so forth without end. Think about that for at least 5 minutes. Truely imagine this in your mind for the full 5 minutes. I am sure that you will have to believe that something else does exist out there. I mean space with no end... come on that covers an awefull lot of territory. To think that we are alone in all this is just the most obsurd notion to have.Did you know that science discovers something like 500 new species every year. And that is just what we are learning about the planet we live on. I was amazed to think that there was still so much to be known about us right here on earth. I mean this is our domain right and we are still learning about it.Imagine all the things we dont know about space and everything that is out there. Thats like saying that planet whatever out there so many millions of lightyears away from us has never heard of us so it must be that we do not exist either. That is just uneducated nonsense.Some people are scared by what they see and others ecplain it almost like it was a religious experience even being shown images of earths future/end. Dont be scared it is only scarey because it is the unknown not because it is actually scarey. You know what i mean. The unknown scares everyone. If I were you I would try to do some research on it. I am sure you are not the only one who has had this experience. Good luck. Maybe you should try going out there again. Could be cool.

Sounds more like a badly written story for school than an account of events...

You could be telling the truth but it just doesn't sound very convincing to me :rofl:

Do I need to warn my friends and family in Sydney?

This is my first topic and i did not know where to post it, so i thought I'd just post it in the Urban Legends section.

Just maybe half an hour ago, me and my friend (username 'biorez') were walking along the outskirts of Parramatta Park in Sydney (the park is a minute's walk from my house). It was sprinkling, though now it is pouring rain and storming pretty bad. Anyways, we were walking alongside a deserted creek, when we started hearing noises. Some sounded like a train, although there was no train track near that area, and some sounded like children's voices, even though I am positive that it was just me and my friend in that creek.

We pulled out of the area, and frantically started trying to assess the situation. We were trying to think rationally, but we couldn't help but believe that it was something way out of the ordinary. We came back to the creek, and started hearing more noises. They were much the same, and we weren't really panicking that much, when I look straight ahead and could have SWORN that I saw a dark figure, standing on it's hind legs, walk past the treeline about 5 metres ahead of us. I almost hyperventilated, an we started sprinting back to a nearby gazebo. We discussed whether we should go back to my friend's place (about 300 metres from the park, and facing it as well), or if we should run back to the creek, and investigate once more.

And so we did, and we started seeing more shadows and hearing more unnatural, un-suburbian noises. At this point, it started raining heavily, and we saw a gargantuan storm cloud approaching. we decided to bolt back to my friend's place. We started running in the opposite direction of the creek. I turned my head for a split second, and that was all I needed...

...and then I saw him. A Green man. He looked to be wearing something green, covering his hair (if he had any), but it almost looked like it was attached to his skull. He did not have a shirt on, and he had dark green skin. A darker texture than whatever was on his head. He looked like he had some sort of dead furred animal over his shoulder, and in the opposite hand, he was carrying what looked like some sort of long, melee weapon. Possibly a staff or a stick. He was looking out from under the creek, therefore I did not see his lower half. He had big bulgy black eyes STICKING, LITERALLY STICKING out of his head. Like a GRASSHOPPER! he had a mouth where his chin was supposed to be. And he had a normal looking nose, although I did not see any nostrils, but that's most likely due to the fact that I was at a distance. He then raised what must've been his eyebrows, and gave me a sort of 'where are you going' look. He then appeared to have shrugged, then turned and walked away. He did not have ears. Where his ears were supposed to be, it was just blank.

I stood there in shock, hyperventilating. I lost all bodily functions for about half a minute, while biorez was yelling 'we have to go! come on we have to go!' I then started running like there was no tomorrow. Now I sit here at my friend's computer, still sort of in shock, but sane enough to post this report.

Can someone PLEASE tell me WHAT THE HELL DID I SEE?

Was there a sports event or some earthday celebration. Someone most likely in costume or body painted.

thanks.....

Add that to everything I posted before. :hmm:

Something is a little fishy about this story.

However, if you didn't want to call the Police, you could've call Fisheries. I'd guess spearfishing is illegal in Parramatta Park.