Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija boards sold as "toys" - a good idea ?

UM-Bot

Of course they should stop selling them at toy stores.. There nothing but bad luck & I should know I had a bad encounter with one, believe me or not that's your choice but I'm sticking to my story and I should of listened to my mother when she told me never to fiddle with one. There dangerous, and could open up a door that you don't want opened.

I know it's a heresy here but I don't believe in ghosts. I do believe in demon spirits because the Bible speaks of them often. I think that anything that invites them into your life is a negative thing and as such should be avoided. This board is no doubt considered just fun for the many who play at it but for those with a bit more serious bent... I believe it can act as a portal through which invitations can be made. After all, the primary attraction of the thing is that it is "spooky or dangerous". Let the parents choose.

Of course they should stop selling them at toy stores.. There nothing but bad luck & I should know I had a bad encounter with one, believe me or not that's your choice but I'm sticking to my story and I should of listened to my mother when she told me never to fiddle with one. There dangerous, and could open up a door that you don't want opened.

Lego can be far more dangerous.

oh... cool i didnt know they sold ouija boards at toys are us! i gotta go buy one ;)

The last few times I've seen any at Toys R Us, they were the smaller, glow in the dark ones, which just don't seem quite large enough for more than two people.

• 3 months later...

You can't contact dead people or demons or 'open doors' into spooky planes of existence with one of these board games because:

1) It is not possible to speak to dead people (n.b. 'Psychics' who claim to be able to do this are lying).

2) Demons do not exist.

3) If other dimensions actually exist (I guess they are theoretically possible) then they can not be opened with a mass-marketed cheap plastic board game. They wouldn't only be theoretical then would they?

Anyone who disagrees, feel free to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Ouija boards do not make good toys. But then again, if the child had no idea what they were doing, then nothing would even come of it. I say let them play with it, can't hurt to much.