Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Breakthrough pill to help people live to 100

UM-Bot

It just doesn't make sense to take pills to give you good genes.

I was thinking the same thing. But then I'm feeling to lazy to read the article and will admit I don't know THAT much about the topic.

But... if we can make pills that altar your genes now... shouldn't we be starting to find cures for MANY things soon?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Nyx_

• Siara

• Codehook

• zenfahr

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet it would make you a stronger and more alert old person too. Being a shriveled, deaf prune in a wheelchair with a respirator is not worth being 100.

So if a person is over a hundred and takes one of those pills, will she lives until 150 or will she die immediately 'cose she was already over the limit???? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

I was thinking the same thing. But then I'm feeling to lazy to read the article and will admit I don't know THAT much about the topic.

But... if we can make pills that altar your genes now... shouldn't we be starting to find cures for MANY things soon?

No, the pills don't alter your genes. They replicate the effects of the genes of potential centenarians.

Edited by Pinx

what if it gave you cancer? what if it ****ed with your brain and you became a vegetable afterwards?

What if you OD on em?

Keep the receipt(proof of purchase)for your 30 day money back guarantee?

*snip*, jews arent a breed of human. Judaism is a religion

That particular group of Jews is more like a breed than most. The community has been tightly knit with NO outside genetic "pollution" for centuries-- a combination of being ostracized by the Christian community and willfully keeping to themselves. Scientists have used that group for other genetic studies because they don't have as many genetic variations to confuse the results.

That particular group of Jews is more like a breed than most. The community has been tightly knit with NO outside genetic "pollution" for centuries-- a combination of being ostracized by the Christian community and willfully keeping to themselves. Scientists have used that group for other genetic studies because they don't have as many genetic variations to confuse the results.

So they're in-bred?

Funny this is called a "breakthrough". People so afraid of dying they'll do anything to live longer. I guess just the Christians anyway, after all they only live one life and if they are afraid of dying, we know where most of them are going, don't we.

I don't think i would want to live that long either way. I have a great grandmother who is 96 and fiercely independent and mobile for her age. But most are not that lucky and are able to do little to nothing for themselves.

I don't see the thought of having people having to help me wash, eat, walk, etc appealing at all.

I don't think i would want to live that long either way. I have a great grandmother who is 96 and fiercely independent and mobile for her age. But most are not that lucky and are able to do little to nothing for themselves.

I don't see the thought of having people having to help me wash, eat, walk, etc appealing at all.

Well hey... if you can wish to be 100 you can wish to be 100 and somewhat physically functional.

I guess from having known my great grandma I would say that very old people are valuable. If certain segments of the population are too stupid to recognize that fact it doesn't mean the value of the extremely elderly is less.

if it was affordable, I would definately take it. If it had statistical testing that showed it improved life style in old age, why not take it? Would you rather be old and infirm, or be able bodied? It is idiotic to be against... like being against vaccines as an adult because they supposedly cause autism in toddlers. (Which was proven to be bunk this week by the way!) Why risk living a long time in pain and suffering when you can live in better health.

It is like saying, "Why go to the dentist? My teeth will rot eventually anyway. Better to be in pain from toothaches and infections."

As to the social issues raised, I think it would eventually raise the retirement age (For social security anyway), but that is inevitable anyway due to deficits and bad financial government practices.

I always have a quick chuckle at comments such as "Who would wanna live that long?" or "Oh, that is so wrong!" I wonder why you would let science allow you to live up to 70 - 80 years old but not to a 100. Do you have any imagination at all? There's so much things to do in life that you won't be able to do in such a short lifespan...

A whole universe to explore for example. Not all old people are sick, depressed and lonely individuals guys...That's just another stereotype. Maybe this little pill can keep us fit instead of sick and weak so I ask myself: "Why not?" If this pill works and you don't want to take it than that's your choice, I personally don't care. Heh if it were up to me I would live thousands of years. Seems like everyone looks forward to dying though, lol.

Edited by Deceiver