Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Animated Avatar Workshop

thebarman

Hi guys,

If you're not to busy would you be able to look at my avatar. Maybe her wings moving or hair blowing, any suggestions.  Thanks Tia.

355647[/snapback]

Hi again, just wondering if you had any luck. Thanks Tia original.gif

Tia i was able to make the wings move thumbsup.gif [attachmentid=8232]

And bewell, url uploads from this site wont work, because the pics dont display. I resized JF's animation for you [attachmentid=8233]

cool.gif

-----------

Great job everyone! grin2.gif

these past couple pages are filled with excellent work cool.gif

post-2070-1100567852.gif

post-2070-1100567887.gif

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

Oh i didnt know that UA, so if i post someone's avatar, i hafta have the URL from a photobucket type website? (that is if it's so big that a URL is necessary)

indeed JF

since the file upload size was increased, people started posting large pics that distorted the pages, SaRuMaN made it so the pics show up as links/downloads to stop the problem. In turn the url's from any pic on this site dont work for anything but viewing the image. Thats why the file upload size for avatars was changed from 20kb to 100kb.

Thanks UA & JF, I think I got it now.

Ua, if you have some spare time, sometime, I would like to see something with electricity or lightning. If not I like this avatar just fine. Thanks.

Oh! One more thing. How do you get a picture or gif down at the bottom of this post?

Edited by BeWell

I'll see what i can do with the lightning BeWell, no prob thumbsup.gif

You can put an image into your sig with a URL only (rt click an online image and select properties the url is in there), and the IMG function when editing your signature

Say Barman, think you could make the gun shoot. With a little bit of smoke curling up out of the muzzle after the shot is fired?

Edited by crosswarrior

Ua, if you have some spare time, sometime, I would like to see something with electricity or lightning.  If not I like this avatar just fine.  Thanks.

357746[/snapback]

I got this one BeWell, here's ya lightning, I took out the completely white frame as well it wasn't needed and it looked a bit naff...

post-4461-1100602590.gif

At last....!

You'll all be thrilled to hear that I spent all morning updating the gallery, so UA if you could tell me if I've managed it ok or if I've missed any of your avatars out that'd be great.

Hope you've all got broadband because the pages are huge I may have to split them, hope your avatar is there in the hall of fame...

UA & thebarmans Avatar Gallery!

Please feel free to sign the guestbook,

All the best

thebarman thumbsup.gif

Edited by thebarman

barman,  howm do you make things fade in and out?

358674[/snapback]

I use Ulead gif animator which has a "Tween" option, you simply pick 2 frames of your animation, choose the number of frames you with to insert and it fades/blurs the two images together - piece of cake. I'm sure photoshop has this function but a simple program like Microsoft Gif animator will not, what are you using?

UA, I don't want to be a bother... but I was wondering if you could make the Tim Horton's logo on the cup glow a bit when it fills the avatar?

where can you get the one you usE?

358695[/snapback]

You simply ask me really really nicely and I send it to you via msn...

Ua, if you have some spare time, sometime, I would like to see something with electricity or lightning.  If not I like this avatar just fine.  Thanks.

357746[/snapback]

I got this one BeWell, here's ya lightning, I took out the completely white frame as well it wasn't needed and it looked a bit naff...

358422[/snapback]

Thanks barman, I love it. I can't seem to get it loaded into the system though. I've right clicked the pic, copied and pasted url, error. I'll keep trying. Thanks again, awesome work! thumbsup.gif

clap.gif YIPEEEEE! I got it.

Edited by BeWell

Thanks barman, I love it.  I can't seem to get it loaded into the system though.  I've right clicked the pic, copied and pasted url, error.  I'll keep trying.  Thanks again, awesome work! thumbsup.gif

358716[/snapback]

You don't need to do that, it's under 100 kb, right click the pic and select "Save picture As", then save it onto your own computer.

Then go into your avatar settings and upload it. After that you can keep it on your computer or delete it, it doesn't matter.

Hope that helps thumbsup.gif

Barman, UA originally did my avatar, maybe you could have a crack at making the Tim Horton's logo glow?

At last....!

You'll all be thrilled to hear that I spent all morning updating the gallery, so UA if you could tell me if I've managed it ok or if I've missed any of your avatars out that'd be great.

Hope you've all got broadband because the pages are huge I may have to split them, hope your avatar is there in the hall of fame...

UA & thebarmans Avatar Gallery!

Please feel free to sign the guestbook,

All the best

thebarman  thumbsup.gif

358501[/snapback]

Wow, so many avatars! You guys rock!