Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Animated Avatar Workshop

thebarman

ahhathx original.gif and thankee Sya weheh... i couldnt think of anythign else to do!

welks Yasha wink2.gif

and neat UA! ive enerv tried animting real looking things..only anime grin2.gif

Anybody know where I can learn to do picture animator and stuff, I would really like to learn

Anybody know where I can learn to do picture animator and stuff, I would really like to learn

403033[/snapback]

Yes, read the first post...

Here's Snowy's avatar with that all important Christmas sparkle...

post-4461-1103022199.gif

can i PLEASE get blue flames shooting up my current avatar?

403589[/snapback]

Don't know about blue flames but I'll have a play and see, what font is that lettering??

i have no idea. it was already on the avatar. ua just made it scroll onto the screen

403608[/snapback]

It wasn't UA I can promise you that much, I had a little play just to neaten it up a bit, I'll look into some blue flames at a later point but I'm a bit busy at the moment hope this'll do for now...

post-4461-1103035692.gif

...continuing the Chrimbo theme, here's Dot's chrimbo avatar:

Edit: I realise it looks distorted here, but if you click the thumbnail the full version is fine

post-4461-1103042430.gif

Edited by thebarman

Heh heh glad you like it hun, and Merry Christmas santa.gif

PS: This one isn't linked, it's not even 5kb so just download it and upload it as your avatar and it'll be fine thumbsup.gif

Edited by thebarman

yeah, Jeremy did neocloud's, and i fixed it up, but he didn't use it... that's a lot better tahn either of ours Barman... i like dot9m's too

It should come with a "read-me" file when you download it that should tell you how it works but basically you draw each frame yourself in a program like paint, and then insert them into the animator which sticks them together and plays them.

As with any program the best way to learn is to just give it a shot, play around for a while and see what you can come up with, you'll figure out much more that way than reading anything I might have written thumbsup.gif

o. well thank you jeremy! my mistake

405464[/snapback]

I'm confused, jeremy hasn't posted in this thread for about 3 pages, who are you talking to? wacko.gif

How exactly do you use this ms gif animator?

405066[/snapback]

To use it open any image in paint (or any image editing program -photoshop, ulead, ultimate paint, corel draw, ...etc), save it as a GIF (you may loose color, pasting the original image over a saved gif sometimes helps) Then edit the image, for movement. Save each frame in a temp folder (click file, and save as. NUMBER EACH FRAME!)when satisfied with your animating right click the last image and "open with" GIF animator (you will have to browse for the GIF animator the first time) Add each frame from last to first, use the '+' button to add frames.

-The first tab is trial and error with the dither method (undefined usually works best)

-Second tab is for looping or repeat amount (click repeat and forever)

-Third tab is for frame duration. (10-20/100s usually works best for fluid movement, more for pauses, less for flashes)

you can open any GIF to see the frames and the 'inner workings' to get ideas on how to perfect your skills- Right click on an existing GIF and click 'open with' then choose GIF animator.- sometimes you may get odd frames (mostly blank or partial frames) these are from compression, or GIF images made with other programs.

Good luck thumbsup.gif

**DOWNLOAD MS GIF ANIMATOR HERE

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

Cool post UA, I'll add it as a Tutorial to the first post if thats OK then people will always be able to find it, saves anyone writing it again...

Edit: Done thumbsup.gif

Edited by thebarman

No problem barman, thanks for adding it thumbsup.gif

It was a PM that i sent to whomever wanted to learn how to animate. Fortunately i had it saved and came across it while cleaning out my PM's. Perfect timing too laugh.gif

i corrected neocloud, when he said that UA did his avatar, and i told him that jeremy did it... he was thanking jeremy for that

Edited by Jesus_Freak

this animator is a pest whenever i save something and try to open it up on the screen it says there is an error