Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Animated Avatar Workshop

thebarman

this animator is a pest whenever i save something and try to open it up on the screen it says there is an error

What error message?

Do you get the error message when you open something you're trying to animate? If so , make sure you save each frame as a GIF.

If you get the error message when you open an existing animated gif, its possible that the file(s) were not made with msGIF animator, and the animator simply cant read the file. All of my animations were done with msGIF animator, try a couple and see if it works

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

it says, "there was an error reading the file. It could be invalid or corrupt."

when i animate, i don't even save the pictures... i copy and paste the 1st frame into paint, and then into MS Gif. Then i edit the 1st frame in paint, and copy and paste that into MS Gif, and so on, and so on...

it says, "there was an error reading the file.  It could be invalid or corrupt."

410090[/snapback]

I think your saving the file as a different type of format.

When you 'Save as' your file, you need to make sure that in the window that pops up, where it shows you to where you want to save your file, that you save it as a '.JPEG' or a '.GIF', most preferably a '.JPEG' file.

it says, "there was an error reading the file.  It could be invalid or corrupt."

410090[/snapback]

I think your saving the file as a different type of format.

When you 'Save as' your file, you need to make sure that in the window that pops up, where it shows you to where you want to save your file, that you save it as a '.JPEG' or a '.GIF', most preferably a '.JPEG' file.

410796[/snapback]

Using ms GIF animator, its necessary that you save the file as a GIF image, or the animator cant read it.

Also, the animator will give that error message if you try to add a file that is not in the folder you're looking for it in. Make sure you put all your frames in 1 temp folder (if you save your frames). Make sure the frames are saved as GIF images, and make sure you add the images from the correct folder.

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

do you guys want to make me animated?

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee????????

*sweet and innocent smile*

410357[/snapback]

Best I could come up with hun, let me know if you wanted anything specific and I'll do my best.

Merry Christmas santa.gif

post-4461-1103557844.gif

no matter what i save as a gif it still gives me an error message, this program sucks

just try copying and pasting the pictures in... don't save them, and open them... see if that works devilwolf

I was just wondering if you could take the pic from my avatar, and if you could make the eye visor flash and glow blue blue and then fade back to normal once, and then if you could make some sparkles of light flash on the armor. Then If you could make my old avatar appear in the upper left hand corner and then if you could have my name appear in smallish letters in the lower left hand part of the picture. thanks! original.gif

post-9725-1103584929.gif

Edited by Monster Hunter X

Hey, monster, cound't do the Blackheart one(I love that character in the game though grin2.gif ).

But I got the other one to work original.gif .

What do you think?

user posted image

[edit]DANM!!!! I made it too big!!!! angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

I had to give it a url grin2.gif ...

Edited by Hailo_hellFIRE

hmm.. hailo, i think i know why it doesn't work... you deleted the animation from your gallery after you posted the URL here. when you do that, the URL(or the place where that picture, or animation is at) no longer exists, and therefore the animation cannot be used.

Edited by Jesus_Freak

no matter what i save as a gif it still gives me an error message, this program sucks

413997[/snapback]

If your using the program from Jeremy, its not the program, its you, or your computer.

o, well thanks for the heads up Jesus Freak original.gif .

Monster, I completed yours, tell me what you think. If its not that good, or if someone else made another/better one, thats cool too grin2.gif .

post-9120-1103645347.gif

I think that's brilliant Hailo but if I could suggest a change, perhaps freezing it when the name appears for a few seconds would be cool rather than have it disappearing straight away.

Just a thought I hope you don't think I'm being rude... huh.gif

Very awesome Halo! But could I request 1 change? Cold you have the visor lgiht up in blue and then fade back out? And I LVOE how you did the sparkles. And could you please have my name stay on for a few seconds? Sorry to nag, but I really appreciate it. Tahnks a lot man, I owe you one thumbsup.gif

i got the program off of that site that there was alink to ont he first page of this topic.

I was just wondering if anyone could make my avatar wink. santa.gif  grin2.gif  thumbsup.gif

417332[/snapback]

Yeah sure, Merry Christmas... santa.gif

(ps: Could you add a credit to your sig like it says in the first post? Cheers in advance)

post-4461-1103721932.gif

Can u maybe make the girl on the left flutter her wings and maybe the guy in the right, make his cigarette smoke move? (just a suggestion... if its not too much trouble)