Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Animated Avatar Workshop

thebarman

I can have a go Ria although I'm not a huge footie fan, which would be better the Blackburn or Arsenal one?

Also, you might want to change your sig, it says I animated your avatar and while it is very well done it was not me who did it thumbsup.gif

I can have a go Ria although I'm not a huge footie fan, which would be better the Blackburn or Arsenal one?

Also, you might want to change your sig, it says I animated your avatar and while it is very well done it was not me who did it  thumbsup.gif

752387[/snapback]

Hay please on the Blackburn one could you make the Blackburn Rovers writing fade and it be replaced my Simply the best

I know i aint really had time to change it but i'll do it now lol

Thanx grin2.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by Ria

Ok heres one ria, id you want cannon fire or whatever just tell me,

[attachmentid=16906]

752426[/snapback]

Thanx thats really cool thumbsup.gif good job

Edited by Ria

Hey Ria,

I did the cannon firing too, although I didn't feel the need for the cannon ball. Hope it's ok...

Edit: For the Blackburn avatar, it would be difficult to do what you ask because the writing is curved, I'll have a go though.

Anyone else got any ideas how to do it? The only thing I can think of at the moment is using WordArt to see if I can match the curves thumbsup.gif

post-4461-1122306554.gif

Edited by thebarman

thebarmans is way better than mine lol

Don't let it discourage you JBC, you're stuff is still great and I think it's fantastic you're having a go. You've come a long way in just a few days and you shouldn't put your work down thumbsup.gif

I think an important thing to remember is trying to imagine how things move in real life. Things like lightning/ blinking/ gunfire should never be more than one frame as they are too fast for the eye to see.

What should be animated is the effect of the lightning or gun, so you'd have one frame for the lightning and then a few for the flash afterwards. Or in this example, one frame for the cannon shot then a few for the smoke afterwards.

I hope that wasn't too patronising, it's meant to help not hinder thumbsup.gif

Hey Ria,

I did the cannon firing too, although I didn't feel the need for the cannon ball. Hope it's ok...

Edit: For the Blackburn avatar, it would be difficult to do what you ask because the writing is curved, I'll have a go though.

Anyone else got any ideas how to do it? The only thing I can think of at the moment is using WordArt to see if I can match the curves  thumbsup.gif

752581[/snapback]

Awww cool thanx m8 erm if you have any ideas on the Blackburn Rovers one go ahead and do it i dont mind

Thanx again grin2.gif

hmmm I can't think of anything for the blackburn rovers...

And besides Ria, is there anyone else in need of an animated avi?

Edited by JohnnyBoyC

hmmm I can't think of anything for the blackburn rovers...

And besides Ria, is there anyone else in need of an animated avi?

752850[/snapback]

I'll have a look for you i did have a few lol but now i cant remember which one's

lol

Hey Ria I'll havea go at that blackburn one when I get home, also that fairy one if you want original.gif Just gotta get to school right now tongue.gif

Yeah that will be cool thanx

Have a gd day at school thumbsup.gif

I will give it a try

Hows this?

[attachmentid=16933]

If you want, I can change it any way you want

post-17470-1122332413_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnnyBoyC

Thanks original.gif School was ok I guess ^^

Here they are... not praticulary fond of the fairy one so if you want me to start over I'd be more then happy to original.gif

user posted image

user posted image

If you have any problems or want anything changed just say so original.gif

I'm impressed arwenpotter, very impressed thumbsup.gif

Thanks original.gif School was ok I guess ^^

Here they are... not praticulary fond of the fairy one so if you want me to start over I'd be more then happy to original.gif

user posted image

user posted image

If you have any problems or want anything changed just say so original.gif

754082[/snapback]

Awww Wow i love them there brill

Thanx thumbsup.gifgrin2.gif xx

I will give it a try

Hows this?

[attachmentid=16933]

If you want, I can change it any way you want

753541[/snapback]

Awww thanx it's great you done a great job thumbsup.gif

Lol Im going to save arewenpotters to see how she did that good...

Arewen, I would suggest writing a tutuorial or two about your skills...

Edited by JohnnyBoyC

Aww thanks TB!

And you're very welcome Ria original.gif

Ai blush.gif Umm.. well I have photoshop 7 tongue.gif all I did with the Footy badge was cut out the writing (I used my tablet so I had more control) and then cut and pasted to a new layer, grabbed the eyedropper tool and got the base colour and filled in the now blank area of the badge, and then picked Trebuchet MS and wrote "Simply the Best" and lined it up using Free Transform... then went into image ready and set two frames up and tweened them...

Fairy I used my star brushes that I made in photoshop and grabbed base colours and stuck some here and there... then set my brush to a 45 degree angle and repeated.. then went over them a couple of times with the blur tool set on luminosity and then the dodge tool to lighten them (so they were visible) and went into image ready and animated

JBC if you have photoshop I can make a tutorial for practice and getting to know the basics of the tools?

Aww thanks TB!

And you're very welcome Ria original.gif

Ai blush.gif Umm.. well I have photoshop 7 tongue.gif all I did with the Footy badge was cut out the writing (I used my tablet so I had more control) and then cut and pasted to a new layer, grabbed the eyedropper tool and got the base colour and filled in the now blank area of the badge, and then picked Trebuchet MS and wrote "Simply the Best" and lined it up using Free Transform...  then went into image ready and set two frames up and tweened them...

Fairy I used my star brushes that I made in photoshop and grabbed base colours and stuck some here and there... then set my brush to a 45 degree angle and repeated.. then went over them a couple of times with the blur tool set on luminosity and then the dodge tool to lighten them (so they were visible) and went into image ready and animated

JBC if you have photoshop I can make a tutorial for practice and getting to know the basics of the tools?

755901[/snapback]

sadly, my 30day trial ended long ago...

Not really ^__^ But I guess it's just because I use photoshop so much.

Aww that sucks... well can't you just get a new email? I have a cd Key you can use or you could jsut *cough* download it wink2.gif

Edited by arwenpotter

Hey guys, I think I'm ready for a new avatar.

Once again, you can just go crazy, but I want a picture of socrates in a reverend outfit (with the white stripe collar thing).

You may want to use one of these pics.

I understand this avatar would be extremely difficult to make. Whichever one of you geniuses makes it, you will gain lifelong respect and gratitude. original.gif

post-18521-1122540257_thumb.jpg