Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Staff structure changes

Saru

Atleast it's you in trouble this time.. it's usually me.

*sigh*

Well, do I get points for the pre-emptive apology?

*waits to be grounded*

Nibs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eqgumby

• Saru

• behaviour???

• HerNibs

I for one welcome our new mod overlords. May their reign of terror be long and fruitful.

Edited by Corp

^^

I hope so. We only have 3 right now, and they're not always on.. and my coffee cup doesn't fill itself.. :innocent:

*Fills the coffee cup*......What? I know where my bread and butter is.:whistle:

are now perfect beings of pure energy who happen to moderate the forums, when not doing all those "perfect being of pure energy" things that they (we) do. =)

Are you sure you just don't have gas again? :P

snip*

The ratio of senior moderators to moderators is currently the way it is because the moderator group is still new and we are only just beginning to recruit staff members to fill that position, the numbers should even out eventually over time.

It was only a joke, Saru - with no hidden content. I usually work for smaller size companies, and saw plenty of cases when there is more managers than workers.

Atleast it's you in trouble this time.. it's usually me.

Yeah, but you can just PM yourself a warning when you get outta hand...

Come to think of it...make that reason number 1 I should never be a mod...I'd be policing myself all the time, while the rest of the boards went to heck! :lol:

"OK, egg, calm down now, that was inappropriate."

"Damn it, it's E-Q Gumby! Do you see two G's there!?"

Edited by eqgumby

Yeah, but you can just PM yourself a warning when you get outta hand...

Come to think of it...make that reason number 1 I should never be a mod...I'd be policing myself all the time, while the rest of the boards went to heck! :lol:

"OK, egg, calm down now, that was inappropriate."

"Damn it, it's E-Q Gumby! Do you see two G's there!?"

Hey, have you been reading my own PM's to myself? That's against the rules you know. You've just substituted your name for mine ;)

Hey, have you been reading my own PM's to myself? That's against the rules you know. You've just substituted your name for mine ;)

I'm so busted.

I'm so busted.

Me too, but I'm not sure how to suspend myself. However there is this big red button marked "self destruct", with the instructions, "do not press under any circumstances". I'm so tempted.

selfdestructbutton67998.jpg

You mere mortals just can not grasp the vast responsibility that comes with moderatorship. The secret handshake alone took me 3 months to perfect, and you should see the instruction manual for the death ray. :no:

Me too, but I'm not sure how to suspend myself. However there is this big red button marked "self destruct", with the instructions, "do not press under any circumstances". I'm so tempted.

selfdestructbutton67998.jpg

You mere mortals just can not grasp the vast responsibility that comes with moderatorship. *SNIP* *TOP SECRET CONFIDENTIAL* :no:

fixed ^^

Waspie please see PM in your inbox...

I think, Daughter Of the Nine Moons, you need to edit what he has done in his Original post too.... :unsure2:

Thanks

B???

If it were not for the mods, this forum would be full of spam not to mention the unsavory rants of the mentally ill. I've talked to one of the mods on here in the past and it made me appreciate the excellent job they do behind the scenes for all of us.

Thanks guys and gals!

Marabod, how well I know about the small companies that have to many chiefs and not enough indians! I recently got so mad at that bunch I work for now I told them we need do'ers not finger pointers. :lol: They haven't got on my last good nerve since then.

you should see the instruction manual for the death ray. :no:

Did I say, death ray? Obviously I meant filter coffee maker (it's all right DOT, I don't think anyone noticed.)

. I usually work for smaller size companies, and saw plenty of cases when there is more managers than workers.

Yea like- Mc Donalds LOL they even have a manager for napkinsw00t.giflaugh.gif

With UM being such a big forum..I think it has a good number of mods.. it could be worse, it could be filled with BM's like me and then Saru would have to call in an entire Zulu sized tribe of mods.. so thank your lucky starslaugh.gif

Joking of course.. lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Sorry. Moderator's are currently nominated by Senior Moderators and Admins. Public nominations run the risk of turning into a circle of friends nominating each other, comedy nominations, etc. and generally leads to false expectation and disappointment.

guess I can't be moderator then? :)

Thread split, posts moved

Joe, i've moved your introductory post to a new thread in the community section.

Just curious, but will there be more mods to come, or is it just 3 for now? :)

We will be recruiting additional moderators in time but for the moment we'll be sticking with three.

We will be recruiting additional moderators in time but for the moment we'll be sticking with three.

3 is a magic number, but seven is better than three :yes:

television these days :rolleyes:

Edited by Dr Alien

I just noticed onyx and still waters are moderators............ah crap and there was me thinking all those doomsday and end of the world folks were talking crap.

Good Idea, good luck to all chosen.

Thanks, GUNNARYSEARGENTHARTMAN

I just noticed onyx and still waters are moderators............ah crap and there was me thinking all those doomsday and end of the world folks were talking crap.

....And the seas boiled, and the skies fell. :P

....And the seas boiled, and the skies fell. :P

And all the Jaffa cakes were eaten...

Congrats by the way :P