Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi al Qaeda cell names new leader

Fluffybunny

I wonder if the new leader has any idea what he is in for?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia announced Sunday that Saleh al-Oufi will replace slain leader Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin, according to the Islamist Web site where the group posts its messages.

Al-Oufi, a former prison guard, holds the number five spot on Saudi Arabia's list of 26 most wanted terrorists, although Saudi security sources told CNN that he lacks some of the operational experience of al-Muqrin, who was killed in a shoot-out with Saudi security after the murder of American hostage Paul Johnson.

Al-Muqrin's al Qaeda cell claimed responsibility for Johnson's June 12 kidnapping, then vowed on Tuesday to kill him if the Saudis did not release al Qaeda prisoners within 72 hours.

Chilling photographs of Johnson's head and body appeared Friday on the Islamist Web site Voice of Jihad. Hours later, Saudi security forces killed al-Muqrin and three other members of the cell and captured 12 more suspects.

Link

I know the drawing below is in regards to the Iraqi governing council, but somehow it seems to fit this story as well...

user posted image

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fenris

• Babs

• joc

• bathory

Top Posters In This Topic

With how fast they tracked Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin down after the conformation that they had killed the hostage, I think however they sent the message must have been traceable.... well done Saudi police forces original.gif

Here's hopeing the next one gets caught before he gets chance to do anything!

With how fast they tracked Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin down after the conformation that they had killed the hostage, I think however they sent the message must have been traceable.... well done Saudi police forces

While I am thankful that the Saudi Royal Family is seemingly doing something about the ongoing terrorist problem in their kingdom, I am somewhat skeptical about their commitedness to the fight. I simply do not trust the Royal Family.

I think they themselves are knee-deep into the whole terrorist funding apparatise and further more I think the latest 'sweep' against terrorism in their country has been brought about with a forceful push from the Whitehouse. I.e. ....Remember the Bush doctrine fellows? You are next on the list if you don't deal with your own problems....etc.....

I always heard that you could leave a wallet full of money on any street corner of the Kingdom and go back the next day to find it right where you left it. I always heard that there was virtually no crime in S.A. How can this be true and terrorism running rampant without the Royal Families knowledge. Isn't S.A. a dictatorship run by the Royal Family?

I think that yet again you can't see past your own prejudice to get near to having a clue!

This situation stands a more than good chance of toppling their power base.... they have a vested self interest in dealing with it without your tin-pot dictator president sticking his oar in!

This situation stands a more than good chance of toppling their power base.... they have a vested self interest in dealing with it without your tin-pot dictator president sticking his oar in!

I trust President Bush far more than I am willing to trust the Saudi Royal Family. whistling2.gif

This situation stands a more than good chance of toppling their power base.... they have a vested self interest in dealing with it

Spot on Fenris.

The Saudi Royal Family are more at threat from Al Qu'ida than the US or any other Western State.

This is one of the principal driving forces for Osama, overthrowing the House of Saud; maybe if we hadn't wasted the best part of 18 months pratting about in Iraq and got on with the real job of tracking these nutjobs down, many of whom are operating out of Saudi Arabia, Western workers wouldn't keep waking up with no place to put their hats.

Joc, your ignorance over the situation over there knows no bounds; the Saudi Royal family number the tens of thousands and control every top position in the country, as well as the positions of Foreign Ambassadors throughout the World.

They hold sway over a nation who dispises them, mainly for their pro-Western stance - the Royal family also spend billions on British and US weapons every year and are probably the best customers we have.

Maybe you should start dipping into that liberal media you dispise so much mate, because that right wing crap you read really hasn't got a clue.

Quote joc:

I trust President Bush far more than I am willing to trust the Saudi Royal Family

Well DUH, you would... And I'm sure you'd be first in line to join his version of the Gestapo too... you have the required attitude! tongue.gif

Edited by Fenris

ummmm why would Jocs 'racist' feelings towards the saudis somehow have anything to do with Bush when afaik Bush is pretty tight with the royal family?

Joc, I read somewhere on this forum that you have a huge flag-pole outside your front door on your lawn....... over compensating for something are you? whistling2.gifwink2.gif

ummmm why would Jocs 'racist' feelings towards the saudis somehow have anything to do with Bush when afaik Bush is pretty tight with the royal family?

Bush may 'be tight' with the Saud family, but his arogant assumption that he has some sort of right to impose American values on the rest of the world (Including the arab nations) ties in well with the attitudes shown here by joc

Bush may 'be tight' with the Saud family, but his arogant assumption that he has some sort of right to impose American values on the rest of the world (Including the arab nations) ties in well with the attitudes shown here by joc

Exactly what American values is Bush imposing on the rest of the world? Surely you are not suggesting that it is arrogant to impose Freedom on the rest of the world ohmy.gif Sorry guys we didn't know what we were doing when we liberated you. Here is Saddam back...happy now? Good!

A lot of Americans have huge flag poles on their front lawn outside their front door, gollum. That's what Americans do. What do your countrymen do?

i my country no one to that.....maybe some flag or something......we are patriotics whit facts, no patrioidiotics.

Stamford wrote:

Maybe you should start dipping into that liberal media you despise so much mate because that right wing crap you read really hasn't got a clue.

Latest from CNN... liberal media, that I listen to. Question of the day...

Can you trust the Saudis? Poll says.... "NO"

....interesting, uh.

Mekorig...you floor me. abduct.gifwiggle.gif

indeed, what American values are being imposed on the rest of the world?