Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Civilian Death Count in Iraq

Druidus

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bathory

• Dowdy

• Naveed

• Druidus

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but are they making it up or getting it from official sources? I'd rather see the actual sources they are using for the count then just what they list and say.

Edited by Naveed

funny, under saddams reign over a 25 year period, the death count came to about 14000 a year, thats intentional victims, and not including people hurt by the UN sanctions (lots of children died because of that, and don't blame america, it was the UN and Saddams fault)

Remember now, Iraq has just gone through what could be described as a war, perhaps you should wait till things are finished over there before you attempt to criticise it based on civilian deaths.

Yes, but are they making it up or getting it from official sources? I'd rather see the actual sources they are using for the count then just what they list and say.

they are getting it from offical sources.

database

At "sources" it has initials. Go to the bottom of the page to see what the initials mean.

I say that figure is accurate

Either way, it is a bunch of civilian people...all very sad.

Being that a lot of people died under Saddams rule doesn't seem to justify us adding to the mix. I understand what you are saying bathory, and at some point the region should hopefully stablize and bring that "average deaths per year" down to something reasonable.

When I read your post though, it just struck me as an odd justification: "Hey, Saddam killed more people than we did, by at least 3000! That's 22% less death! We're much more efficient than Saddam was...It's better that we do the killing than Saddam does it..."

I am being sarcastic, but that was it felt like...

Either way, it is a bunch of civilian people...all very sad

noones disagreeing with that

well i think you'll find that allot of the deaths have been a result of terrorist acts as well, as well as the ease of bloating civilian deaths when the ones doing the attacking are part of militias if you know what i mean.

simply showing that this death toll has resulted from being at war (all wars end up hurting civilians) and to somehow use this as a point against the War is ludicrous simply because Saddam was doing allot more damage in the cost of human lives with no hint of improvement, i would even go so far to say thing where to get worse when his sons took the reigns. Would people rather higher civilian deaths without the chance of a better future or lower deaths and a light at the end of the tunnel?