Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
UM-Bot

Clock invented in the Stone Age

7 posts in this topic

Geoff Ward: Stone Age people invented a form of clock that enabled them to tell the time of day, the seasons and even latitude, an author claims in remarkable new research.

And development of the device led to the mysterious Silbury Hill in Wiltshire becoming the prototype for pyramids in Egypt and around the world and also the basis of the English system of measures, says Peter Watts, a retired electrical engineer from Somerset, England.

After 15 years of study, Peter has concluded that Stone Age people were maths wizards thousands of years before the Ancient Greeks who are thought to have been the pioneers in geometry and trigonometry.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

They his theories or hypotheses?

My mother always warned me about accepting archaeological and anthropological theories proposed by "retired....engineers."

1 person likes this

"Math wizards"...

Most people who say that people from thousands of years ago were math geniuses don't know much about math themselves. I'm certain that some people, especially the pyramid builders, were very good with math; most of what they knew burned with Alexandria. However, they were certainly not more advanced than we are today.

Geoff Ward: Stone Age people invented a form of clock that enabled them to tell the time of day, the seasons and even latitude, an author claims in remarkable new research.

And development of the device led to the mysterious Silbury Hill in Wiltshire becoming the prototype for pyramids in Egypt and around the world and also the basis of the English system of measures, says Peter Watts, a retired electrical engineer from Somerset, England.

After 15 years of study, Peter has concluded that Stone Age people were maths wizards thousands of years before the Ancient Greeks who are thought to have been the pioneers in geometry and trigonometry.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

lol look at the pic, how funny. self generated story.

lol look at the pic, how funny. self generated story.

Rofl. He looks like he's about to say;

"Oh, I didn't see you there. Hello and welcome to another episode of..."

Posted (edited)

I have read many articles concerning Silbury Hill none of which mentions the important fact that it is built at Latitude 51.42º N which is exactly 1/7 of the Earth's circumference from the Equator. Read what you like into that.

Edited by Roybat