Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Nobody Gives You A Reading

Amberlight

This is an excellent thread, and thankfully it was stickied. There is very valuable information here that many would pass over, or not realize they were committing offenses.

I've never had a psychic reading done, but have always believed in the human ability to perceive 'the impossible.' I have gone to a 'public reading' in person when Concetta Bertoldi was doing a book-signing and did quick readings for those who attended (dozens of people in a medium-sized bookstore). She got my girlfriend with a few readings, but I had sent a letter to Concetta pleading that she would do the readings, explaining how much it would mean to my girlfriend, and I did give a bit of background information, so it may have bee an influence.

I didn't tell that to my girlfriend, however, because it greatly consoled her to hear that after her stepfather had died recently. Whether the medium was legitimate or not doesn't concern me, I got my girlfriend to cope with the situation and be able to sleep better at night. Her mom even thanked me for taking her daughter there to receive such piece of mind.

Now I understand that mediums aren't exactly the same as psychics, but both fields fascinate me. If anyone would like to practice readings or anything, I volunteer to be a participant. I have faith, so I'm not one of these skeptics waiting to rain on your parade for the first mistake you may make. PM me for anything, and thank you :) I'd love to help, maybe I can learn a bit more of myself in the process.

• 1 month later...

This is a great thread and great advice!! I truly believe in psychic abilities and have envied those who have been able to establish a true connection with a psychic. I hate to admit it, but I have spent a small fortune on calling psychic lines, trying to find someone to make that connection with. I’m not trying to discredit any of them and say they are phonies, it could be my fault and something that I am doing wrong, but I have never hung up the phone after a reading thinking WOW that person totally got me.

Do you have any advice on how to get a good reading from a telephone psychic?

• 3 weeks later...

Amberlight, I'm afraid you are wrong. My other half cannot be read and she is a sensitive and is a firm believer. Also I have another friend who is a medium and cannot be read. I tried once and struggled. Other mediums have tried and been afraid.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like a reading and am wondering if I should start a thread and post my questions there? This would be my second reading since I joined and however good that reading was, those circumstances are no longer applicable as much has already changed since then? Thank you guys very much!

Hi Arenee,

Yep that's what to do...Just create a thread with your question or request for a reading :tu:

Hi Arenee,

Yep that's what to do...Just create a thread with your question or request for a reading :tu:

I've created a thread, thank you Anvil. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

I will like to appreciate this thread for it gives some very nice and precise to get easily and properly readings that one expect. I haven't seen any such thread anywhere else.

all this is very judgemental to new people who plan on staying on this site.

Why do you say that? I reread a few posts, not all but I didn't see anything judgmental but I could have missed it.

Why do you say that? I reread a few posts, not all but I didn't see anything judgmental but I could have missed it.

Im very grateful..because you gave me a reading:). I read what was said wrong.lol sorry

Good post. I often am asked for free readings. Unfortunately professional full time psychic mediums like myself can rarely do free readings. The reason for this is It takes energy to perform these readings and with a full schedule of paid readings, We don't have the time and have to save the energy for the paying clients. It is just physically impossible to do it. People who do it as a hobby or do not have a full schedule may be able to do free readings, and while it is nice, like I said it is impossible for me. Also when psychics are full time, they have to provide for their family like anyone else. It is a job, albeit a great one, we have to pay the bills. I am just commenting on this because I think yes, in a perfect world where everyone is supported financially and can do what their calling is, then readings for free would work. But even in that case I would be booked (even more so) and it is only possible for a psychic to do a certain number of readings in a week before it becomes detrimental to their health. Yes it is possible to get free readings from psychics, but please keep in mind that psychics are people who use a great deal of energy to do what they do and are not always able to fulfill those requests.

Best wishes to all

• 1 month later...

Wonderful post. Excellent idea. Hopefully this will help out a lot of people :)

Kudos to you, OP :tu:

• 4 weeks later...

I think I replied to this, I do agree with a lot you wrote, but in regards to name/face etc I actually find it more satisfying and easier to get information without having intimate knowledge, but everyone works differently! :)

(I'm talking about tarot, not psychic readings)

Edited by voidla

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone. I'm new to this forum and I am so thrilled I have a community to communicate with. I am already learning alot!

I am practicing with Tarot, but am not a professional reader. I am really having a hard time trying to read for a situation for my daughter. It's probably because I am emotionally too close, or not experienced enough, but I was hoping someone can assist me with a question please(and thank you).

My daughters name is Patricia and she is my only natural child (have step children). Lately, our relationship has been really difficult, and I have some idea as to why, but I need to know how I can help her. I love her very much and want to give her the support that she needs. Also, I need to know that my oldest granddaughter is through her rough spot (Patricia's oldest daughter).

Thank you again

Hello Everyone. I'm new to this forum and I am so thrilled I have a community to communicate with. I am already learning alot!

I am practicing with Tarot, but am not a professional reader. I am really having a hard time trying to read for a situation for my daughter. It's probably because I am emotionally too close, or not experienced enough, but I was hoping someone can assist me with a question please(and thank you).

My daughters name is Patricia and she is my only natural child (have step children). Lately, our relationship has been really difficult, and I have some idea as to why, but I need to know how I can help her. I love her very much and want to give her the support that she needs. Also, I need to know that my oldest granddaughter is through her rough spot (Patricia's oldest daughter).

Thank you again

Welcome to UM!!!!!!

There are several gifted psychics here with threads of their own, you might want to post in their threads. Most of them are practicing but doing fine, you might want to set up your own thread and get some practice in.

Gracie

• 5 weeks later...

I love tarot card readings. I know there is different kinds of cards. In Mexico they call them Las Cartas or Barajas.

I don't give psychic tradings, but i've been doing Tarot readings for 13 years. My biggest reason for not giving some one a reading is respect. It takes a lot of energy for me to give some one a reading and when they dismiss my first reading and and ask for another because they not only want to know if "he" will ask them out or to marry, but they ant to know if they'll be rich, it makes me not want to read them again.

I had a friend that repeatedly asked me when her baby would be born. I repeatedly gave her June 18 as a date,she dismissed me. I never read her cards again. She went into labor on the 17th and the baby was born on the 18th.

I recently canceled a reading because the client was told by someone whose cards I have never read, that I told them they were going to be murdered by a man in black during a reading. I explained to them that it was disrespectful to make light of my beliefs, as I would not do that to them, and there for had to decline the request.

Its very frustrating some times.

• 1 month later...

I apologize in advance if someone has already asked this question: Is it okay to ask the person doing your reading a question such as "What is the most important thing I need to know right now?" I wonder this because, when I try to do Tarot readings on myself, that is the question I usually ask. I also ask question quite often when I pray (i.e., "Lord, what do You need me to know today?") Other questions that I wonder about asking include "Do I have a guardian angel and if so, what is my angel's name?" and "Are any particular family members of mine who have passed on watching over me?"

Are such questions too vague or frivolous?

Last but not least, about 15 years ago a hairdresser stopped in the middle of styling my hair and asked whether I knew someone named Edward. (It was the first time I'd been to this hairdresser and I'd never met him before.) I said no and asked why he wanted to know, and he replied that someone named Edward was standing directly behind me, watching over me with love. Would it be acceptable to ask a reader whether he/she could determine who this Edward might be?

"What is the most important thing I need to know right now" is always a good question.

"Do I have a guardian angel and if so, what is my angel's name?" - personally i don't like these kind of questions, unless you are asking your own to show you who they are.

Everyone is different when it comes to this though, but i respect the importance in a person finding out certain things for themselves. Guides and so on is just something that helps lay down a foundation that you can never doubt, if someone else lays it out for you, it can never be as strong. The premise is that your guardians and guides are always there with you, but stay in the background until you ask for them to work with you. This ensures that you meet them when you are ready too, as it is a natural order of thought to know when to invite that into your life. If that makes sense.

Second reason - Another psychic could describe what they see in their perception of your guide, but it may not be on level on how you would perceive your guide. I know this to be the case with my own guides, that the image i perceive them as has changed as i have developed. It's like upgrades if you will. I can tell also if i ask a person to tell me what my guide looks like as to what level they are currently seeing at. ;) If they see my guide as a pair of green eyes and a pure energy form, then i know already what it means because i have gone through the journey of perceiving each image - that is a higher form than say seeing him as a dog or wolf.

But if i had not had that personal journey and experience for myself of the upgrades/images, and someone else from day 1 described and told me my guide before i could see or know, then i would be missing out on a wealth of experience and information. I would also question if i was just seeing my guide 'that' way because the psychic said so. Ie suggestion.

So that is why i do not do this for others just starting out, there are exceptions but on the whole, i refuse to tell them what their guides look like as that is subjective anyway and I don't want to take away what is a personal experience in learning to trust one self and what you see.

As for Edward, Edward could litterly have been anyone standing behind you. Spirits get nosey sometimes and pass through. By all means ask if anyone sees Edward but, i would only find it more interesting if you never mentioned Edward and then another reader picked up edward. That would tend to suggest a link and not a random.

"What is the most important thing I need to know right now" is always a good question.

"Do I have a guardian angel and if so, what is my angel's name?" - personally i don't like these kind of questions, unless you are asking your own to show you who they are.

Everyone is different when it comes to this though, but i respect the importance in a person finding out certain things for themselves. Guides and so on is just something that helps lay down a foundation that you can never doubt, if someone else lays it out for you, it can never be as strong. The premise is that your guardians and guides are always there with you, but stay in the background until you ask for them to work with you. This ensures that you meet them when you are ready too, as it is a natural order of thought to know when to invite that into your life. If that makes sense.

Second reason - Another psychic could describe what they see in their perception of your guide, but it may not be on level on how you would perceive your guide. I know this to be the case with my own guides, that the image i perceive them as has changed as i have developed. It's like upgrades if you will. I can tell also if i ask a person to tell me what my guide looks like as to what level they are currently seeing at. ;) If they see my guide as a pair of green eyes and a pure energy form, then i know already what it means because i have gone through the journey of perceiving each image - that is a higher form than say seeing him as a dog or wolf.

But if i had not had that personal journey and experience for myself of the upgrades/images, and someone else from day 1 described and told me my guide before i could see or know, then i would be missing out on a wealth of experience and information. I would also question if i was just seeing my guide 'that' way because the psychic said so. Ie suggestion.

So that is why i do not do this for others just starting out, there are exceptions but on the whole, i refuse to tell them what their guides look like as that is subjective anyway and I don't want to take away what is a personal experience in learning to trust one self and what you see.

As for Edward, Edward could litterly have been anyone standing behind you. Spirits get nosey sometimes and pass through. By all means ask if anyone sees Edward but, i would only find it more interesting if you never mentioned Edward and then another reader picked up edward. That would tend to suggest a link and not a random.

Thank you very much for your reply, Anvil. You have given me great insights on the process of working with a reader in a respectful way (as has this entire thread; I wish I had read it sooner).

I think it's a great idea for me to work on finding out who my guardian angel/spirit is on my own. Perception is very subjective, for one thing. For another, finding one's guardian is akin to the Native American process of identifying one's totem animal: Doing the spiritual work is the part of the process that imbues it with meaning. So thanks for putting me on the right track with that.

One thing about the Edward incident: The hairdresser said that Edward was watching over me, specifically. That he was related to me in some way, and stayed with me pretty much at all times. At the time I thought perhaps it could be my Uncle Eddie, who had been a favorite uncle of mine (as I was his favorite niece), but no one ever called him Edward and the hairdresser said this spirit seemed to be dressed in clothes from an era during which my uncle was a child. I see your point about not asking a reader to look for Edward, but rather to see whether Edward comes forward again (i.e., whether he is still with me). I think I will do that.

Again, many thanks for your invaluable help. I appreciate the time you took to give me a thoughtful answer. Oh, and I love this site and look forward to being an active participant. Blessings!

Edited by lizzieboo

Excellent thread.

It makes me worry. On the recent thread I posted I've stated that I'm sceptical but interested and that it's the mysteries in my life that I want to know about. I have stated my name and sex and nothing more really. I didn't want to as I didn't want any readings to be tainted by what I had written. If that makes sense.

I'm not setting anyone up to fail but there are a lot of things in my life that only I know and it would be interesting if someone could read them. I've invited people to be as specific as possible.

Wondering if I'm going to be ignored or not :s

• 8 months later...

I'm still waiting for people to get back to me on my readings! Damn noobs.

Tip 1: Readings threads - When posting in this section of the forum, indicate clearly that it is a reading you want in the title. This will not only get the attention of a reader quicker, it will prevent random/garbage fly by postings which have little to no relevance to your thread. Don't be afraid to hit the report button on any such posts, as in the psychic readings forum, threads work differently and derailing other peoples request threads is heavily frowned upon.

Tip 2. Reading requests - If you want to request a reading always make your own thread. Posting in someone else's thread is heavily frowned upon and you will be asked to make your thread. Only time this is not required is when requesting a reading in a readers own open readings thread.

Tip 3: Advice threads - If you are looking for advice on something and want to hear from those of a psychic perspective / reading only, make that clear also. If you are just wanting general advice, then consider that there are other areas of the site which you can post in as well. Either in the General forum or the Philosophy and Psychology forum. If your thread turns into a general advice thread or is not clear in what kind of advice is wanted, it may well be moved out of this forum and to more general discussion based forum.

Tip 4 - Feedback - If you have received a reading, please leave feedback. There is no quicker way to be ignored by a reader if you become known for not leaving feedback. It is a simple code of Etiquette that if someone has given their free time and energy to you, that you give something back in return.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

hi everyone i stumbled across this site and found the subject very interesting , i am also a tarot reader, i use to read on spiritualist stages and i also read normal playing cards, sounds weird about the playing cards but thats how i actually started off, i actually got a better accurate reading with them more detailed and to the point, i cant though read palms or a chrystal ball,i never actually realised till years later whilst i was visiting my nan that she to could do the same but she could do alot more then i could.

i have had a couple of tarot packs in the past which i just couldnt bond with, a tarot reader and there cards need to have a special connection otherwise the reading will be mixed and not that good, also they should be passed to you and not actually bought with your own money,[this was a friendly warning from my nan ] along with never charge for a reading just ask for a gift, [ apparently asking for money is greed ] in all the years i have read the tarot i have never asked for anything , just a gift of any sort, i to have had the odd people who i just cant get a reading from this could be because of a number of reasons like they have blocked me or they are protected in some way like an amulet or pendant there is the odd amulets that can put a block up, or it sometimes just does not feel right to read for that person at that time, its been a while since i did a full reading this was my own choice after i was passed down a set of aleister Crowley cards i did really warm to those cards when i first got them, the readings was to my knowledge good but strangely i never remembered any reading only was told after, i just felt drained and tired when it was complete, but after a while when i had done any reading i noticed arguments for up to 3 days straight after with my self and my partner, every reading i did this happened with, so i chose not to read from them again though i would never part with them i now use them as a protector for my home , has any body else ever experienced anything like that with there cards.

• 3 months later...

I tend to give a deeper, more personalized reading when I don't have a direct question. I just "go" and hope the person receiving the reading is taking notes :)