Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
quizzical

my weird childhood experience - any answers?!

6 posts in this topic

Hey all! I've not posted for a while but I had a dream last night which reminded me of some weird experiences I had when I was little and I just wondered if anyone on here knows what was happening to me? I'll try and keep this short!

I was about six or seven when this happened, and for reasons best known to children of that age, I decided to jump from the top of the stairs to the bottom (We had about 15 steps, so quite high for a little person lol) This was a pretty big deal and I remember quite clearly the apprehension I felt as I built up the nerve to do it. Finally I did it and it felt amazing! But then all of a sudden I was somewhere else, it was like i was dreaming or something. All I remember these days is I was somewhere outside in this "dream" as i was sitting on grass and the sky was a beautiful blue. There were some adults there who made me feel uncomfortable, but I'm afraid I can't remember why! I wasn't there long and I "came back to my body" As I landed at the bottom of the stairs. I didn't feel as though I had fainted or anything but It did put me off ever jumping from the top again! I'm sorry this is all quite vague, but we're talking a good 15 years ago now and Its something which I don't think about for ages and then it'll start to bug me again.

Something which may be linked is at about the same time, when I was just about to fall asleep, my ears would start to ring and when that happened, if I stayed still and quiet, i'd start to buzz and then find myself in this strange place outside with the adults i mentioned above. They would play games with me, but it always ended with me getting a sudden feeling of fear and crying to come home. One time, they wouldn't let me come home when I wanted and it scared me so much that even now, if my ears ring before I go to sleep, I hold the bed covers to stop me "going" and it's never happened again, even if i've wanted to. This is some sort of astral projection, right?

Hope someone can help me! Thanks for reading x

Quite possibly astral projection. As for the stairs incident, it could be astral projection or possibly that your brain was so full of adrenaline at the anticipation of jumping that your brain went on overload, causing a temporary altered state of consciousness. When you are ready to sleep, your brain is quieted, bringing up an ability to tap into that altered state of consciousness.

So how are you coping with this?

could be just a poorly remembered or completely fictional memory, childhood memories are known for being inconsistent with the truth and very open to being influenced by later evens

it could be a dream you had thats some how got mixed in with the original memory or as I said completely fictional

could also have all been a dream you now remember as a memory

http://www.unisci.com/stories/20012/0613011.htm

http://www.spring.org.uk/2008/02/implanting-false-memories-lost-in-mall.php

http://debunkingprimaltherapy.com/recovered_memory/

You probably reexperienced something that really happened, but that is not daily available from your memory storeage. Possible you were in a drugged state when that happened. Have you been in hospital or at some assessment at health clinics or psychological clinics any time? The doctors, nurses, psychologists often pretend to be playing with the kid before he gets drugged and then examined physically or mentally. The drugs you get are meant to hinder you from remembering, but that intension never works perfectly, and parts of the experience can pop up again this way, sometimes in a distorted fashion.

Best regards

Knut Holt

Or it could be a false memory, because our memories are constantly affected by ou rlives, so half teh things we remember aren't how they actually happened

...or youre lying and just bs-ing

reckon thats a possibility too

Hey all! I've not posted for a while but I had a dream last night which reminded me of some weird experiences I had when I was little and I just wondered if anyone on here knows what was happening to me? I'll try and keep this short!

I was about six or seven when this happened, and for reasons best known to children of that age, I decided to jump from the top of the stairs to the bottom (We had about 15 steps, so quite high for a little person lol) This was a pretty big deal and I remember quite clearly the apprehension I felt as I built up the nerve to do it. Finally I did it and it felt amazing! But then all of a sudden I was somewhere else, it was like i was dreaming or something. All I remember these days is I was somewhere outside in this "dream" as i was sitting on grass and the sky was a beautiful blue. There were some adults there who made me feel uncomfortable, but I'm afraid I can't remember why! I wasn't there long and I "came back to my body" As I landed at the bottom of the stairs. I didn't feel as though I had fainted or anything but It did put me off ever jumping from the top again! I'm sorry this is all quite vague, but we're talking a good 15 years ago now and Its something which I don't think about for ages and then it'll start to bug me again.

Something which may be linked is at about the same time, when I was just about to fall asleep, my ears would start to ring and when that happened, if I stayed still and quiet, i'd start to buzz and then find myself in this strange place outside with the adults i mentioned above. They would play games with me, but it always ended with me getting a sudden feeling of fear and crying to come home. One time, they wouldn't let me come home when I wanted and it scared me so much that even now, if my ears ring before I go to sleep, I hold the bed covers to stop me "going" and it's never happened again, even if i've wanted to. This is some sort of astral projection, right?

Hope someone can help me! Thanks for reading x

Yes. It sounds like you were haveing OBEs. The buzzing is typical. ;)