Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012... Supramental Beings..

crystal sage

I said about DJ's evolving first because of a story about someone I know. Firstly, they are very anti drugs and an extremely compassionate individual. I heard it from a friend so it's hadly proof but I found it an amuzing story. Basically, this peson was DJing in a club and was apparently entering an almost trance like state, the dancing revellers all turned into balls of light and he felt it was the best set he had ever played. When it came to switching records he did not even have to look. By reaching back he automatically selected the exact record he wanted and made faultless transitions. This story reminded me of Castaneda and I thought it a good example of experiences of this nature, paticulalry becasue of the stimulus of sound and light.

Sounds like the guy went into a trance. While not common it's far from unheard of. People from all walks of life have gone into trance like states based on a number of different reasons. Doesn't mean that DJs somehow have some kind of evolutionary edge over the rest of us.

In terms of "leap" I was talking about the evolution of mankind from homo erectus to homo sapiens or whatever. Leaps could be to do with diet or cosmic rays from cygnus or elsewhere as is being discussed. I have said that a future evolution would probably be more gradual but the stuff I've been reading suggests that dna could dramatically change as a result of influence from sound and it's vibrations or certain frequencies of light affecting the body on a molecular level. I will find links to the sites if you are interested.

I said about DJ's evolving first because of a story about someone I know. Firstly, they are very anti drugs and an extremely compassionate individual. I heard it from a friend so it's hadly proof but I found it an amuzing story. Basically, this peson was DJing in a club and was apparently entering an almost trance like state, the dancing revellers all turned into balls of light and he felt it was the best set he had ever played. When it came to switching records he did not even have to look. By reaching back he automatically selected the exact record he wanted and made faultless transitions. This story reminded me of Castaneda and I thought it a good example of experiences of this nature, paticulalry becasue of the stimulus of sound and light.

What blew my mind yesterday was the alleged links I read about between dna and the I Ching. Have you come across this if so what's you opinion?

Actually Slim, I don't know how many DJ's you know, but I know quite a few and 80 to 90% are usually on something and it aint being high on life.

The fact that your mate entered a trance like state is not so surprising, considering that music and light pulses in a certain rythm will cause just that. When DJ's are "in the groove", it's even less surprising. They kind of work on autopilot, the lights are on, but nobody is home (although in all fairness, this saying can be used in another context as well). That's not exclusive to DJ's though, I've seen other people do exactly the same, real musicians for example, dancers, artists in general.

I myself do it sometimes. I can repair hardware on autopilot, whilst thinking over some faulty code, not really that hard. To most people it looks like I'm not paying attention to what I do, but I'm actually just multitasking.

um... i don't buy a bit of this stuff. actually, as a parent of an autistic kid, i think things are going the other direction. my oldest son is 4 years old, cannot say but a handful of words and still wears diapers. he has a very hard time with change and any unfamilar situation turns apacalyptic for him.... but hey, at least i know he's not part alien, huh? as opposed to what these "new age" gurus or psychics or whatever they are, say, autism is very much on the rise.... and it's not an enlightening condition; actually at times it can be hell.

My linkhttp://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/18/health/main5995630.shtml

• Like 1

if animals evolve of course humans do. if people who deny or just walk off and don't mind those things well, its ok. its their loss. i mean, man fears a lot of things and if they fear it, they ignore or deny it. lets accept the fact that things change, whatever that change, we should be open to accept it. we can't be mad at other people who don't understand things specially the metaphysical or whatever-that-thing-is things because there are different people. but i don't like people who look for so many flaws or explanations. be happy that we're not reaching our limitations, humans are improving and hope that we learn to understand each other and drop those damn guns and think our future's sake. this subject is hard to understand by just posting it in a thread, and for some who sees it, it might be a joke or a hoax,but yeah, its there surely, humans evolve.

but i don't like people who look for so many flaws or explanations

If you don't look for flaws or explanations, you are unable to sift the BS out of anything and arrive at truth, which is ultimately, more important than fantasy, even if it's not as exciting.

Humans evolve, but they do it pretty much like the rest of the animal world does, and unless someone can come up with a credible analysis of these so called Indigo Children, which they haven't, and likely won't, then it pretty much shows it up as bunk. If something cannot stand up to scientific scrutiny, or refuses to, then someone is trying to fool you.

Edited by Marby

if animals evolve of course humans do. if people who deny or just walk off and don't mind those things well, its ok. its their loss. i mean, man fears a lot of things and if they fear it, they ignore or deny it. lets accept the fact that things change, whatever that change, we should be open to accept it. we can't be mad at other people who don't understand things specially the metaphysical or whatever-that-thing-is things because there are different people. but i don't like people who look for so many flaws or explanations. be happy that we're not reaching our limitations, humans are improving and hope that we learn to understand each other and drop those damn guns and think our future's sake. this subject is hard to understand by just posting it in a thread, and for some who sees it, it might be a joke or a hoax,but yeah, its there surely, humans evolve.

well yeah we are evolving but whats not happening is were all becoming magical.....magically

A: evolution works slowly its not a case of 2 generation down the line people can read every thought even if this was possible it would start subtly like a nagging suspicion about something. not nothing to "Hmmmm he's thinking about about licking cherry pie off of sarah palin" in a generation

B: evolution requires a source a progenitor,I mean modern medicine and lifestyles has pretty much destroyed evolution through natural selection and evolution through isolation clearly isn't the cause and there isn't any genetic connection between psychics so that even rules out evolution through sexual selection (the only on that really makes sense in this context) so hows it happen ........ oh yeah magic thats clearly the cause. slimjims talking about evolution though sound but has yet to back it up with anything that actually makes any sense (sorry you haven't feel free to post a source)

people aren't saying evolution isn't happening just indigo children (or any body claiming psychic are evolving doesn't make real scientific sense

Edited by Cynical Sounds

Yes humans evolve, over generations though, evolution by definition occurs over a generation in a population, it won't happen to people over a year, it can't.

Where would we be if we didn't look for explanations? We would never advance. Science is about looking for explanations.

oh......my........god.......I'm literally drowning in BS right now. there is no such thing as indigo children. But did you know that the 'indigo children' share a lot of attributes with psychopaths? a very good book called "snakes in suits: when psychopaths go to work" will tell you more about this. I've met a few 'indigo children' and each and every one has been a spoilt little brat of below average intelligence. It's actually disgusting that these kids are indoctrinated into their parents new age cult beliefs before they even finish primary school.

When 2012 doesn't happen all these kids are going to have breakdowns and murder mummy and daddy when they realise that they're not actually 'light warriors' and don't have any magical powers whatsoever.

• Like 1

oh......my........god.......I'm literally drowning in BS right now. there is no such thing as indigo children. But did you know that the 'indigo children' share a lot of attributes with psychopaths? a very good book called "snakes in suits: when psychopaths go to work" will tell you more about this. I've met a few 'indigo children' and each and every one has been a spoilt little brat of below average intelligence. It's actually disgusting that these kids are indoctrinated into their parents new age cult beliefs before they even finish primary school.

When 2012 doesn't happen all these kids are going to have breakdowns and murder mummy and daddy when they realise that they're not actually 'light warriors' and don't have any magical powers whatsoever.

I agree that it is wrong for parents to push children into this way of thinking. It is a shame that some kids can turn out so spoilt because of it. It may be that Indigo children has become a buzz word and has no factual basis. This is likely but imo the only thing it responds to is sensitive children. Obviously, we can be sensitive in all different kinds of ways but for me personally it comes across as empathy and intuition. This article may make what I'm saying more clear but I totally respect your position to think it is all BS. I have read many things that led me to that same conclusion.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/why-do-we-yawn-its-all-about-empathy-461769.html

If you don't look for flaws or explanations, you are unable to sift the BS out of anything and arrive at truth, which is ultimately, more important than fantasy, even if it's not as exciting.

Humans evolve, but they do it pretty much like the rest of the animal world does, and unless someone can come up with a credible analysis of these so called Indigo Children, which they haven't, and likely won't, then it pretty much shows it up as bunk. If something cannot stand up to scientific scrutiny, or refuses to, then someone is trying to fool you.

I say : "Yes, you are totally correct". Sadly enough there are enough people that actually believe this kind of BS to be reality, and believe it so profoundly, it cancels out their common sense and witts.

Not the way I would have put it, but in essence the same. The indoctrination by the parents is the worst what could have happened to these kids. They'll turn into socially inept people, unable to function in normal society. It's pretty sad really.

I say : "Yes, you are totally correct". Sadly enough there are enough people that actually believe this kind of BS to be reality, and believe it so profoundly, it cancels out their common sense and witts.

Not the way I would have put it, but in essence the same. The indoctrination by the parents is the worst what could have happened to these kids. They'll turn into socially inept people, unable to function in normal society. It's pretty sad really.

Thanks, and I agree. It's one thing to have one's beliefs, but quite another to take anything onboard that "sounds cool" or fulfills wishful thinking.

I agree on the second part as well. It's bad enough that we have had a generation of children marked and marred by helicopter parenting. We don't need this to further damage kids.

Thanks, and I agree. It's one thing to have one's beliefs, but quite another to take anything onboard that "sounds cool" or fulfills wishful thinking.

I agree on the second part as well. It's bad enough that we have had a generation of children marked and marred by helicopter parenting. We don't need this to further damage kids.

Today is one of those days, that the more I read this kind of nonsense, the more I fear going "Supramental" myself. Emphasis on MENTAL. I just can't get how people can actually believe any of this.

Just to clarify my position on this, as I realise my original post might come across as a little harsh - I think children are great, and there are some particularly special and gifted children out there, just as there always has been, that may grow up to radically change the world but it's not going to be those whose parents have decided they are magical psychic light warriors based on sketchy cult beliefs.

Just to clarify my position on this, as I realise my original post might come across as a little harsh - I think children are great, and there are some particularly special and gifted children out there, just as there always has been, that may grow up to radically change the world but it's not going to be those whose parents have decided they are magical psychic light warriors based on sketchy cult beliefs.

I am fully in accordance with that view. Parents will do more harm than good by forcing expectations on their children. If in tewnty years we can all look back and reflect and some positive correlation can be made then that's great but everyone needs to find their own way or the kids will end up damaged bu half baked cult ideas.

Well said mate.

Do you know what i find strange that i have had the very same thought in my mind for months now that somehow the indigo's and crystal children are connected to 2012. The indigo children are the warrior souls they will fight for world peace and the crystal children are the love givers and peacemakers and they will teach us how to love again and educate us.

Yes it does sound far fetched i know but i have been studying them for a few years and i do believe in it. Its not any more farfetched than the world coming to an end.

Thank you for sharing that, great minds think alike.

Don't worry mate we all take the "harsh" road once in a while, comes from being fed up hearing this kind of fairy tales. I totally agree with you though. Like I said earlier, this kind of BS upbringing will create socially inept adults, unable to function in our society at all.

Do you know what i find strange that i have had the very same thought in my mind for months now that somehow the indigo's and crystal children are connected to 2012. The indigo children are the warrior souls they will fight for world peace and the crystal children are the love givers and peacemakers and they will teach us how to love again and educate us.

Yes it does sound far fetched i know but i have been studying them for a few years and i do believe in it. Its not any more farfetched than the world coming to an end.

Thank you for sharing that, great minds think alike.

Actually both are extremly far fetched and not based on reality.

Excerpt of a very interesting discusion on blending science with metaphysics. Acknowledging consciousness...

My link

have to identify two different revolutions that are taking place, I think simultaneously. One is a revolution within science -- quantum physics, for example; chaos theory. A lot of things are being reassessed in the light of those frontier areas of science. The other revolution is a revolution of science, where for the first time in the history of science a few scientists and philosophers are saying the time has come when we have to go back and look at those very basic assumptions, and the fundamental driving thing here is the realization that we have to incorporate consciousness in somehow.

MISHLOVE: Consciousness has always been a problem for science, and one, I think, for the most part that's been sort of shoved under the rug.

HARMAN: That's true, and I think it was really quite a landmark conference that was held at the University of Arizona in 1994, where for the first time, as far as I'm aware, you had this whole spectrum of people, from the ones that are pretty strongly positivist and reductionist, to the ones that are out in the area of phenomenology and transpersonal psychology and the very soft areas, and the point was for all of these people somehow to learn to talk with one another.

MISHLOVE: I suppose while this conference was an important one, the debate goes back nearly a hundred years.

HARMAN: Debate goes back a long time, and it really was very closely related, of course, to the debate between science and religion. But by the time you get to the middle of this century, it became pretty clear that science has won and religion has lost and the debate's over. And then that's why it becomes so fascinating to see that since then the movement has been in the direction of somehow including spirit into the scientific world view. Now admittedly, it hasn't gone very far, but you can see the direction.

MISHLOVE: Well, there are some interesting words that have now come up, challenging sort of the orthodox scientific metaphysics -- spirit, consciousness. These words, which most people can identify with at one level or another, have been excluded. And it's striking to me that scientists, who use their own consciousness, and very often their own deep intuitions, to develop their theories, have operated on assumptions that deny the very existence of those intuitions.

HARMAN: Well, we all have a certain amount of ability to shut out certain kinds of experience while we're involved with others. But while you raise these questions, it's in no way denigrating the kind of science that we have and the things that it can do. But we have a science that was dedicated to prediction and to control and to devising manipulative technologies, controlling the physical environment, and for that purpose it's absolutely superb. But the mistake was made, largely by the non-scientists, I think, in elevating that kind of a world view into the position of a world view by which you try to guide your life, and in particular guide the powerful institutions of society.

My link

My link

Dr. Laurie Nadel has been conducting research into psychic phenomena since the mid-1970s when she began to have direct experience of the paranormal. She is the author of Dr. Laurie Nadel's Sixth Sense: Unlocking Your Ultimate Mind Power, with Judy Haims & Robert Stempson. The book contains 110 interviews with remote viewers, consciousness researchers, and neuroscientists, including former astronaut Edgar Mitchell, the late President of the Institute of Noetic Sciences Willis Harman, Russell Targ, Ernest Rossi, Jonas Salk, and the late Roger Sperry who won the Nobel Prize in 1983 for discovering the cognitive functions of the left and right neocortex.

Laurie Nadel has doctorates in cognitive psychology and clinical hypnotherapy. Her ongoing psi research has led her to study viewing the human aura with Barbara Brennan and the late Barbara Bowers, an engineer who could see both infrared and ultraviolet spectrums. She has also studied psychonavigation and divination with shamans in South America.

Dr. Nadel discussed her quest to quantify and enhance intuition and consciousness, as well as to understand other planes of existence. She reported that shamans in South America practice an ancient form of remote viewing called 'psychonavigation' which combines mental focus with an altered state of consciousness.

There is some evidence that traumatic events can open a person up to PSI abilities,

and some more ideas to explore...

My link

This too has lots of very interesting information from many esteemed scientists on Noetic Sciences...

My link

The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS):

•Explores the frontiers of consciousness

•Builds bridges between science and spirit

•Researches subtle energies and the powers of healing

•Inquires into the science of love, forgiveness, and gratitude

•Studies the effects of conscious and compassionate intention

•Seeks to understand the basis of prevailing worldviews

•Practices freedom of thought and freedom of spirit

Wow! I look forward to reading those links when I have more time. I think you will find the link below of particular interest I know I did. I have only found the site today so don't know how credible it is yet but it does seem to match up with a lot of things in this thread. Enjoy.

http://www.pufoin.com/

I'm still trying to wrap my head around is why 2012 is supposed to be a such an eventful time.

What we have evidence of is that it's only the end of the Mayan calendar, to my understanding. However, the Mayans don't exist anymore as a civilization, for whatever reason. They haven't existed for quite a few centuries. So their calendar has actually outlasted their civilization!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around is why 2012 is supposed to be a such an eventful time.

What we have evidence of is that it's only the end of the Mayan calendar, to my understanding. However, the Mayans don't exist anymore as a civilization, for whatever reason. They haven't existed for quite a few centuries. So their calendar has actually outlasted their civilization!

And they didn't see that coming...

Where the is an end there is a beginning, where there is death, there is rebirth. That is what this 2012 stuff is all about. The start of a new age in astrological terms which could in theory lead to a subtle but fundamental shift in consciousness. The Maya were only one group of people who received the secret wisdom teachings. There are quite a few others but they are easier to hide than the Mayax. Did you ever wonder why they would develop or use a longcount calendar that started long, long before their time and ends quite some time in their future. The importance of it is the change of ages not some cataclysm that only occurs at certain times, so their prophecies predict. We approach a time with no forseen catastropes allegedly, so what do you think a change of age could represent in this case? A leap in evolution could be on the cards considering it has happenned before to mankind. People may expect some Xmen like evolution but chances are it will be of a spiritual and technological nature. We have had the Industrial Revolution and the digital revoltuion we are now in. What could the next be? Maybe a revolution of light. Darkness always precedes light which means it will get worse before it gets better.

Edit to add link

http://www.2012-spiritual-growth-prophecies.com/maya.html

Edited by SlimJim22

Where the is an end there is a beginning, where there is death, there is rebirth. That is what this 2012 stuff is all about. The start of a new age in astrological terms which could in theory lead to a subtle but fundamental shift in consciousness. The Maya were only one group of people who received the secret wisdom teachings. There are quite a few others but they are easier to hide than the Mayax. Did you ever wonder why they would develop or use a longcount calendar that started long, long before their time and ends quite some time in their future. The importance of it is the change of ages not some cataclysm that only occurs at certain times, so their prophecies predict. We approach a time with no forseen catastropes allegedly, so what do you think a change of age could represent in this case? A leap in evolution could be on the cards considering it has happenned before to mankind. People may expect some Xmen like evolution but chances are it will be of a spiritual and technological nature. We have had the Industrial Revolution and the digital revoltuion we are now in. What could the next be? Maybe a revolution of light. Darkness always precedes light which means it will get worse before it gets better.

Edit to add link

http://www.2012-spiritual-growth-prophecies.com/maya.html

Well, there are no prophecies associated with 2012, and secret wisdom of the Maya? Are we going to have a new age of human sacrifice are we? And no there is nothing in astrology to say that it could do anything to our consciousness, we won't all suddenly produce different hormones because of a change in date.