Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knocking on the door middle in the night!

Bozena

Hello to all,

I had it already few times: somebody knocked on the door and when I went out there was nobody. I didn't dream it.

This morning at 2:30 am I was awake and somebody has knocked pretty loud on the door inside. I was scared to the death. I had intention to go to the toilette but have waited about 15 minutes. After some time I switched both lights (there are two in the room) and went to WC. In the front room was nobody. Outside door was locked.

Once, 5 years ago one woman died (she knew me). Few days later I have got the news that she died at the same time, I have heard knocking.

Today I have called already there where is most important. It is all OK.

As I know many people around the world, I don't know who would die.

It is terrible feeling to hear that and see nobody.

Do you have some similar experiences?

• Like 1

Normally when you hear knocking (3 knocks) on the door it does mean that someone is going to die. Well that is the myths in Ireland, i have heard many stories about it. and there are sometimes 3 knocks on the window.

There are other stories then about robins coming into your house - sign of death coming.

Maybe its nothing and then again maybe its something, try not to worry too much about it can do your head in.

• Like 2

Normally when you hear knocking (3 knocks) on the door it does mean that someone is going to die. Well that is the myths in Ireland, i have heard many stories about it. and there are sometimes 3 knocks on the window.

There are other stories then about robins coming into your house - sign of death coming.

Maybe its nothing and then again maybe its something, try not to worry too much about it can do your head in.

I think the 3 knocks on the window is somewhat true, becase I experienced the same thing around the time my grand-dad died. The weird thing was that it happend to 2 others of my reletives, my unkles and aunts up the road and my other unkle who lives around 20 or so miles away.

The knocking scared the hell out of me because at the time I was having a nightmare. First i was outside in it looking up into a thunderstorm then being grabbed by a huge black eagle with a wingspan the size of a house and dragged into the sky then into the doorway of the outhouse of the house opposite us, i awoke then then about 15 seconds later is when the tapping on the window began. I wouldnt look at the time because I thougth the eagle was outside my window( i was young at the time) so i just shouted for my dad who was at home as mom was at hospital and he looked and nout there. but the knocks on the windows was a strange coinsidence cuz it was so close togeather at the same time

Within 15 minutes of transitioning between sleep and awake, we may experience various hallucinations, any or all of the five senses. The most common is sounds, with images being next - knocking, voices, whispers and music are the most common. Since it was about 2:30 am and the OP was up to go the bathroom, though they didn't say it, it's likely they had been asleep very recently, so easily within the window for sleeptime hallucinations. Not sure how any of this relates to the five years previous story, except the knocking, but I'd note that things we 'remember' from years ago are likely very different than what actually happened.

• Like 1

Within 15 minutes of transitioning between sleep and awake, we may experience various hallucinations, any or all of the five senses. The most common is sounds, with images being next - knocking, voices, whispers and music are the most common. Since it was about 2:30 am and the OP was up to go the bathroom, though they didn't say it, it's likely they had been asleep very recently, so easily within the window for sleeptime hallucinations. Not sure how any of this relates to the five years previous story, except the knocking, but I'd note that things we 'remember' from years ago are likely very different than what actually happened.

Hi,

Thank you for explanation.

That five years ago was true because I have got a mail that this person died at the time, somebody was knocking on my door.

The knocking on the door happened more times in last time, but during sleeping. After I woke up, there was nobody outside. It was knocking on the outside door (from the corridor), but this time was inside apartment.

At 2:30 am I was awake and was ready to go to the toilette but have heard loud knocking (sounds terrible). I was trembling from the fear. After 15 minutes had to open that door and there was nobody. Of course, alive person should open first outside door to come in. The door was locked.

As I like all esoteric there are many signs that something is going to happen: nothing good.

Was that result because of reading the day before "The book of coincidences" from one American writer, I am not sure.

Bozena

Why do you explain everything in such a strange riddle-like fashion? :huh:

It is probably the wind. Check before you go to bed that all the windows in the house are closed. Even if you do, however, wind can still bang from the outside of the door. You explain things in a strange way though...

Hello to all,

I had it already few times: somebody knocked on the door and when I went out there was nobody. I didn't dream it.

This morning at 2:30 am I was awake and somebody has knocked pretty loud on the door inside. I was scared to the death. I had intention to go to the toilette but have waited about 15 minutes. After some time I switched both lights (there are two in the room) and went to WC. In the front room was nobody. Outside door was locked.

Once, 5 years ago one woman died (she knew me). Few days later I have got the news that she died at the same time, I have heard knocking.

Today I have called already there where is most important. It is all OK.

As I know many people around the world, I don't know who would die.

It is terrible feeling to hear that and see nobody.

Do you have some similar experiences?

Just a bit of friendly advice. Lady, never, EVER open your door if you don't know who it is, no matter what! Second, you need to take a weapons training glass and buy a gun that suits you nicely. Third, you may want to invest in a couple of German Shepherds, or Pit Bulls. Fourth, if you're ever in hand to hand combat with an attacker, ALWAYS go for their eyes, it will keep you alive. Fifth, maybe date a UFC fighter, or a soldier.

Edited by SpiderCyde

This happened to me, except the doorbell kept ringing at 1 A.M. After a few minutes of being terrified, I looked out the window but no one was there.

I think it was a drunk who had the wrong address. There was no car outside though.

Those damn Jehovah's witnesses huh?

Funny you should mention that... They knocked on my door today and my 3 big dogs scared the crap out of them barking. Off topic, I know, but maybe the OP should get a big dog or two to frighten the doorknockers away. ;)

Last time that happened to me the door opened to a man in nothing but his underpants and a bottle of beer.

• Haha 1

Last time that happened to me the door opened to a man in nothing but his underpants and a bottle of beer.

Heh, damn...was hoping you forgot about that................

LOL

When somebody knocks on the door at the middle of the night then don't open the door immediately. Just check on the hole to see who is it or place a camera for you to be able to look the view on the outside.

PETER GORE SEER I was sat with my girlfriend in my flat she notice my radio turn itself on.I told her not to wherry we have a visitor.I sneaked into my hall told the entity to clear off it was about 930 pm. About 2am I saw her to my door she is always forgetting something,1 second later a knock on my door I thought she had left something, opened door no one there come i said entity have manners.

PETER GORE SEER Thank you so nice of you IL have chicken vinder loo garlic bread prawn crackers can call before girl freind goes home.

Why do you explain everything in such a strange riddle-like fashion? :huh:

Hello,

How should I explain? I am not a horror writer.

B.

It is probably the wind. Check before you go to bed that all the windows in the house are closed. Even if you do, however, wind can still bang from the outside of the door. You explain things in a strange way though...

Hi,

There is no wind as the building is built so that wind can't come to the door. All windows are closed over the night.

Bozena

Just a bit of friendly advice. Lady, never, EVER open your door if you don't know who it is, no matter what! Second, you need to take a weapons training glass and buy a gun that suits you nicely. Third, you may want to invest in a couple of German Shepherds, or Pit Bulls. Fourth, if you're ever in hand to hand combat with an attacker, ALWAYS go for their eyes, it will keep you alive. Fifth, maybe date a UFC fighter, or a soldier.

Hi,

Thank you for advice.

Something strange happened about five days ago: somebody really knocked on the door. If is somebody is there I know, he (she) is calling me. This time I was really very silent that nobody can know I am there. Maybe in a few days somebody will tell me: I was knocking on your door. Where you at home or not?

About gun: I am very scared of the gun and wouldn't know how to work with it. It could be Russian roulette for me.

I don't like to have any animals in my apartment. If somebody is going to kill me, he will.

We don't have fighters or soldiers here.

Your fourth advice is very good: "always go for their eyes, it will keep you alive" - I will remember it!

Bozena

Funny you should mention that... They knocked on my door today and my 3 big dogs scared the crap out of them barking. Off topic, I know, but maybe the OP should get a big dog or two to frighten the doorknockers away. ;)

With Jehovah's Witnesses I had experiences before I came in this town. They are harmless. They just want to get you in their religion group.

About dogs: I am sure if they see some ghost or dead spirit they would run away.

B.

I must add that when I am in England, the first thing is to visit some old castle. With my mind I am going back to the history and think how many people have lived there; how many people are buried there and how many ghosts are in that castle!

I am afraid in one country where are most new houses (built after 2nd World War) and here are no ghosts. Ghosts are not dangerous.

Danger comes from the sign that somebody (from the past) has died and didn't have time to visit me or to call me.

Bozena