Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

my bigfoot experience

jtheat

Please, the comments made by skeptics in this thread are are absolutely tame compared to the personal insults/comments directed at me and other skeptics from believes in other threads here.

Please, the comments made by skeptics in this thread are are absolutely tame compared to the personal insults/comments directed at me and other skeptics from believes in other threads here.

Yeah, it goes both ways, both believer and skeptics can get carried away. I'm all about frank and open discussions and those discussion often incite strong feelings. I'm good with expressing strong feelings, I really don't care for the personal attacks and general hammering on people. I been guilty of it myself at times, but I don't ever start it.......well, not usually. Tell you what though, as bad as it gets in here, at least the mods allow people to hold and express whatever opinions they hold, unlike some other sites that if you don't tote their official party line they're liable to ban you. Regardless of what opinion you hold.

I agree the attack would have been a mock one.

I also agree both sides can get nasty, the crap I've had thrown at me in the past 9 years, priceless as the joke goes, so of course people retaliate though a female doing it is often looked at as more unacceptable than a male. :td:

There is no way you can out run BF also rule number 1 for any one who does hike or hunt.... if you were to ever encounter something what ever you do DON'T run.

A lot is still to be explained but think of most predators (though I would class only a very small % of BF as such) a running target suddenly becomes prey. Better to leave in a steady pace if allowed keep facing the BF with eyes down cast until you get about 20 or 30 metres away then turn and be consistent in your leaving.

I taught my youngest all the rules before she was allowed to join in with our research.

I remember Diane Fossy recorded a gorilla making a mock charge at her and I swear I thought the darn thing was going to kill her. Then it stopped when she made no threatening moves or responses, but damn just watching that scared me.

Based on what I read in JTheat's account it sure sounds more like that, than a real effort to attack, more of a "Get out of here, this is my place!". I wonder if maybe this is sort of a typical behavior? There have been a number of people report rock or stick throwing, I guess if that doesn't run you off then they might take it up a notch depending on how aggressive the Bigfoot is. I'd hate to be responsible for starting another "Fact" that might not be so factual.

I've had 2 experiences one with rocks and one with sticks.

My ex use to throw rocks off into the bush to stir my then dog up to get it wondering what was there. He did it daily, one afternoon I was walking my dog by myself and I had him off leash when one rock then another passed metres over my head and landed at least 20 metres away in the bush. I knew we had a HG around but hadn't got acquainted with him so when my dog ran into the bush where the rocks were coming from I got worried "what if it wanted to take my dog or kill him?" My dog returned out with a big doggy smile on his face so I just kept walking the track to the end and back watching my dog repeatedly going in to say hi while the rock play continued. I also started talking, just in a calm voice telling the HG I knew it was them and it was funny etc, it was the start of our connection.

Years later I was down the bush with my eldest and as we were leaving she thought she heard something so threw a rock in that direction. We turned took 2 steps and a big branch came flying once again metres over head at no threat to us. We saw it go over so knew it hadn't came down from a tree but checked what sort of branch it was compared to the trees we were near and it didn't match any. At that point we knew our HG was back and the intelligence and memory were much higher then most humans thought. That was the start of our intensive summer of day and night field research.

Another episode happened with sticks when our regular HG had migrated a few others started to vocalize and let us know they were there. Late one afternoon I went to a secret spot we found by myself and was doing the usual tricks of sitting and singing. I soon had sticks being thrown either side of me. They weren't even close I didn't realize at first until I heard them hitting a tree way out in front of me. Once again I started talking letting this new comer know that I had permission by the alpha to be here and he wasn't going to scare me off. He tried a bit of bush rattling and stuff and I just ignored him. When I left I felt him follow me and he did get me but releasing a toxic stench ( I don't think it's an odor that's there all the time but rather another form of keeping the unwanted away). He never tried the sticks again though did earn the title of Mr Stinky from me due to the fact he'd release one to let me know he was around every time we crossed paths. Rotten eggs, sewer, garbage a mixture of that enough to make you gag. It was funny my eldest when she returned on her next holidays took a while before she got a whiff and she almost puked, I don't think she believed me till then. lol

I think I might have smelled one once when I lived in Georgia, it was just before my first friend confided in me that he'd seem one. I often describe it as a combination of body odor, wet dog and a musky sort of smell all rolled into one, sort of like a group of ten Frenchmen or so. Nasty smell, never have encountered anything else like it before or since. I wish I lived close enough to you that you could take me out and let me experience the true essence of such a thing as well.

• Like 2

keninsc, I had to put the research on hold as I thought the move was going to happen sooner so I actually said my good byes and then 2012 was a year of 4 surgeries and 1 long admission to hospital from some weird virus I picked up in Bali.

This year hasn't got better I have done a few small bush visits and have taken my new dog and she is far from impressed by certain areas. Our secret spot she will not enter, she'll run back and forth along the outer bushes but will not come in no matter how much you call. You also have to force her pass certain markers while walking on the track. I did hear some calls in the distance when in the bush and Honeys responses makes me believe there was still activity over the summer months.

Where I'm looking at going to has bush near by as well as lots of water so it should make an interesting area to explore from the start now that I have more knowledge. It would be nice to have human company, it helps for that back up proof that you're not hearing or seeing things so yes it's a pity you weren't closer.

The best time we had was when my daughter was home for the summer holidays from UNI and I had just finished my studies and we spent day and night in the bush together.

Gorillas rarely physically attack people, and charging is an attempt to make you flee. If you do, then you likely earned the privilege of being chased and bitten in the ****. Holding your ground, not making quick moves and avoiding eye contact will usually avoid any confrontation. Easier said than done.

When charging they'll drag branches, swing them about, making noise. I recall on one documentary of a chimpanzee that learned smacking a metal coffee can around made a loud noise and he would repeatedly run around the troop smacking it as he went just to scare the rest to show he was dominant.

Gorillas and chimpanzees would rather scare and chase you off with charges and loud noises than to fight you, but most certainly will attack if warranted.

If being an actual threat, then it's fight time.

• Like 1

My friend Stardrive contacted me through a social media site to tell me that this topic resurfaced after nearly three years passed since the initial post. I guess some things simply do not die and this thread would be a good example.

I re-read the thread and it is true that some of the more vicious attacked were either deleted or edited. I expected there may be some skeptics but I really did not expect the attacks... many personal, that appeared on Unexplained Mysteries. I wasn't sure what to expect but I sure as hell did not expect the wrath that some posters have when someone tells of a personal encounter of this sort. I know there has been a lot of debates concerning the existence of Sasquatch but for me there will never be a debate. I saw what I saw.... plain and simple.

I hope that I am alive when the world is presented with undeniable truth that THEY DO EXIST. When that day comes I plan on revisiting UM and seeking out every poster who leveled a personal attack and ask if they cared to apologize. Meh.... after thinking about it some more... I don't think I will waste my time.

Just a few things I did want to reiterate from the recent posts.... I honestly believe it was what is known as a "mock charge". If it wanted to catch me I have no doubt that it could have within seconds after our face to face.

Stardrive... thank you. Like I said... you had my 6 and I hope someday that everyone will know why. I pray to God to allow me to live long enough to see your faith and friendship rewarded.

Jtheat.

• Like 2

My friend Stardrive contacted me through a social media site to tell me that this topic resurfaced after nearly three years passed since the initial post. I guess some things simply do not die and this thread would be a good example.

I re-read the thread and it is true that some of the more vicious attacked were either deleted or edited. I expected there may be some skeptics but I really did not expect the attacks... many personal, that appeared on Unexplained Mysteries. I wasn't sure what to expect but I sure as hell did not expect the wrath that some posters have when someone tells of a personal encounter of this sort. I know there has been a lot of debates concerning the existence of Sasquatch but for me there will never be a debate. I saw what I saw.... plain and simple.

I hope that I am alive when the world is presented with undeniable truth that THEY DO EXIST. When that day comes I plan on revisiting UM and seeking out every poster who leveled a personal attack and ask if they cared to apologize. Meh.... after thinking about it some more... I don't think I will waste my time.

Just a few things I did want to reiterate from the recent posts.... I honestly believe it was what is known as a "mock charge". If it wanted to catch me I have no doubt that it could have within seconds after our face to face.

Stardrive... thank you. Like I said... you had my 6 and I hope someday that everyone will know why. I pray to God to allow me to live long enough to see your faith and friendship rewarded.

Jtheat.

It wasn't just a charge, it pursued you. Chased you for a distance close-on-your-heels. This is a much more (or should I say lengthy) aggressive act, imo, than a mock charge. What if you had fallen? then what? A rock in the face?

Why didn't he catch you or harm you? Maybe they don't kill humans? Maybe you looked too much like a bigfoot? And that is not meant as a smart aleck remark. He knew you also had a gun.

You said he had 2-3 rocks the size of basketballs, what if he had he hit you with one of them? The baseball-sized ones could have killed you too. He did hit you with the rocks he did throw.

I say all this because I still speculate aggressive/competitive behavior would be the norm, when confronting what they've come to know over thousands of years as "territorial", "aggressive", competitor humans.

The article on human/Neanderthal hybrid in Paleo forum, speculates human males may have raped N females.

It seems with intelligence comes aggression and these are allegedly highly intelligent creatures.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Good Point Quiet Country. I guess I feel a mock charge is one where there is no intention of actually catching and or attacking but that is just my opinion. Yes, being hit by a stone that size would have hurt but it would not have been life threatening. Now if it was basketball size.... that would be another story. I was scared silly at that time and still shudder when I think about it today. It took some time afterwards for reflection that made me realize that if it wanted me dead I have no doubt I would not be here. Now that being said... I have never went back into the woods or went hunting again. Currently I am too sick and too old to do it anyway. Even if I were in perfect health and younger.. you could not drag me back up that mountain. I may have just been lucky that time. I admire those who willing trek into the wild looking for the proof so the world can finally see that they are real. I could not do that. I am satisfied being a spectator.

Good luck to those who are hunting for the proof and be careful. I will say my goodbyes now and God bless.

• Like 1

Good Point Quiet Country. I guess I feel a mock charge is one where there is no intention of actually catching and or attacking but that is just my opinion. Yes, being hit by a stone that size would have hurt but it would not have been life threatening. Now if it was basketball size.... that would be another story. I was scared silly at that time and still shudder when I think about it today. It took some time afterwards for reflection that made me realize that if it wanted me dead I have no doubt I would not be here. Now that being said... I have never went back into the woods or went hunting again. Currently I am too sick and too old to do it anyway. Even if I were in perfect health and younger.. you could not drag me back up that mountain. I may have just been lucky that time. I admire those who willing trek into the wild looking for the proof so the world can finally see that they are real. I could not do that. I am satisfied being a spectator.

Good luck to those who are hunting for the proof and be careful. I will say my goodbyes now and God bless.

Oh, I agree with you in that this creature stopped at aggressive intimidation, as opposed to a lethal/injurious one. But I believe you p***ed it off, it was ready for a fight if necessary, had you not run, showed fear?

As opposed to the opposite description of them as well as a lack of larger-scale and longer interactions and encounters between humans and bigfoot--- instead it is the one that often "runs off".

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I'm just glad that critter didn't decide you were a real threat. I've never seen one myself but if they are really half as big and strong as reports claim they are then I know I don't want to tangle with one unless I'm armed......semi-heavily armed if possible.

I can also relate to the getting too old, I figure I only have a few more years to do any serious looking if circumstances allow it. Very interesting story.

I still feel it was more an act of scaring jtheat off.

A BF could easily have brought him down if it wanted to, he also heard a second one as I always say the majority of times there will be more than one, normally out of sight but still at close range.

That's where people saying give me a gun and I'll get you a BF crack me up, even if they did manage to take one down they'd probably be dead long before they took 2 steps towards the downed one.

• Like 1

That's why you need to be armed heavily. Once the infamous Bigfoot Body Recover Unit gets mobilized you could be in for a serious firefight. Fortunately, I have experience in such things. A skill I've often hoped I'd never have to use again but who knows, eh?

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

Exactly. Any attempt to really bring down a creature like this would require an almost paramilitary type group with resources. If this ever happened, bringing in the body of big foot, it won't be one guy. Now, this whole idea of multiple Big Foots (Big Feet?) is new to me, especially with the intelligence displayed in jtheats awesome account.

• Like 1

Exactly. Any attempt to really bring down a creature like this would require an almost paramilitary type group with resources.

Why should it take a paramilitary group?

jtheat stood 30 feet away, face to face with this creature. Many many humans allegedly manage to stand face to face with this animal. Perfect opportunities to shoot it and kill it for all of humanity to finally know.

One human can take down dozens of other humans at one time.

What stops armed humans allegedly appears to be psychological not incapability.

And as for any friends of bigfoot nearby? The others might run off, or end up dead at your hand themselves. I've heard of older Grizzly offspring (still hanging with mom) turning on a human who shoots their mother. Does that mean the hunter will end up dead? Not necessarily at all.

I speculate it would take one well-placed shot. Maybe two or three if he has friends. Go to a habituation site and it'd be like baiting bear with donuts (er... nice meals on Tupperware).

Humans even manage to successfully take down very large game when the animal has natural body "shields" or "armor".

Edited by QuiteContrary

You could also legally hunt with a silencer (if you have the means and proper registration).

Then we can wonder "If a Biff falls dead in the woods, and there are no other Biffs around to hear it....

My dear QC, have you any idea what it takes to legally carry a silencer? The paperwork alone will keep you busy for weeks, then the background checks then you wind up signing away some of your rights to having your home searched. Yes, really. Did you know that just owning a part for a silencer is seriously illegal? And most states ban therm for the purpose of hunting, yeah, I know you saw "Sons of Guns" but you missed the part about the legal stuff.

Edited by keninsc

My dear QC, have you any idea what it takes to legally carry a silencer? The paperwork alone will keep you busy for weeks, then the background checks then you wind up signing away some of your rights to having your home searched. Yes, really. Did you know that just owning a part for a silencer is seriously illegal? And most states ban therm for the purpose of hunting, yeah, I know you saw "Sons of Guns" but you missed the part about the legal stuff.

I know several people who have them. It's $200 one time fee for federal paperwork and then once paperwork goes through it takes about 2 months for federal approval. And you can hunt with them in most states.

It's not complicated to get a silencer. You must also notify local law enforcement of your itinerary when transporting it. That might stop you, but not others.

It is perfectly feasible to hunt with a silencer.

*2 months

Edited by QuiteContrary

I've been to indoor shooting ranges that have special sections just for silencer shooting so you don't have to wear eargear (which its nice to not have to wear).

Just this weekend, in fact.

Yes, I know about them. I use to find some place out away from everyone. In Georgia was the best, an old Bauxite mine and sand pit. Great place really to practice "run and gun".

Post 911, rules on silencers changed pretty severely. I'd check on them before you take the word of mouth thing as fact. I work with a guy who when he got his it took seven months to get his license and he's already gotten two visits from the Federallise to "check up on him" Of course, he also has a class III license too. Fully automatic weapons and silencers I think might raise the proverbial stakes on that.

Yes, I know about them. I use to find some place out away from everyone. In Georgia was the best, an old Bauxite mine and sand pit. Great place really to practice "run and gun".

Post 911, rules on silencers changed pretty severely. I'd check on them before you take the word of mouth thing as fact. I work with a guy who when he got his it took seven months to get his license and he's already gotten two visits from the Federallise to "check up on him" Of course, he also has a class III license too. Fully automatic weapons and silencers I think might raise the proverbial stakes on that.

I have checked the laws and as of Jan 2013 I counted legal hunting of all game in at least 25 + a few where it is legal for nongame or nuisance deer or for wildlife officials with approval.

I don't go by word of mouth to learn gun laws and no one else should either. You must stay up-to-date as well. Who knows what the laws will be in the near future.

Anyway, my point still stands. You can hunt with a silencer in half the states and there are people who own them and who do hunt with them. And so it is possible and feasible to have on your person a suppressed firearm that would take down a bigfoot.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I have checked the laws and as of Jan 2013 I counted legal hunting of all game in at least 25 + a few where it is legal for nongame or nuisance deer or for wildlife officials with approval.

I don't go by word of mouth to learn gun laws and no one else should either. You must stay up-to-date as well. Who knows what the laws will be in the near future.

Anyway, my point still stands. You can hunt with a silencer in half the states and there are people who own them and who do hunt with them. And so it is possible and feasible to have on your person a suppressed firearm that would take down a bigfoot.

Wow, I guess I need to do some checking, huh?. Silencers used to be a big "Hell no!" when it came to hunting. However, regardless of their legality, I wouldn't recommend the use of a silencer if you get into a fire fight with the Bigfoot Body Recovery Unit. The noise might well act to scare them off, also, if I were to go looking for a Bigfoot to shoot I'd use a pump action shotgun loaded with sabot slugs 1 1/4 or 1 3/8 ounce size in 3" magnum loads. One shot in the middle of the chest and it'll stop a Bigfoot......hell, you can stop a charging elephant with one of those.

The reason for this selection is simple, your best range is going to be fifty to sixty yards at best, and you need to be close enough to be sure it's a Bigfoot and not some jackass in a monkey suit or a human hunter in a Ghiilie suit. Last thing I'd want is to drop a human then have to stand in open court and say, "Honest your Honor, I thought it was a Bigfoot I was shooting."

Edited by keninsc