Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Decoding The Final predictions of Nostradamus

Karlis

For those who follow the Bible, the world will not end until after 1000 years of peace. Worrying about something that won't happen in our lifetime is useless.

Also, for those who follow the Bible the world will not end until certain events happen before the 1,000 years of peace. You have the arrivial of the "anti-Christ" who will somehow be in league with a false prophet, there will be a peace treaty brokered and then broken by the anti-Christ, and then the rebuilding of Solomon's temple in Jerusalem[which is where Islam's "Dome of the Rock" currently exists]. Then, there's the whole "mark of the beast" thing and the ensuing war between the sides of good and evil in a final showdown. So, yeah, no need to worry just yet :D

I'm still waiting for Genesis to happen.

• Like 1

:lol: Nice. I'm assuming you are of the atheist view? :innocent: Guess that is one way of looking at it.

For those who know the Bible, it clearly stated that no one knows when the world will end[paraphrasing there]. So not even Nostradamus would know when the end would occur. I do believe Nostradamus had prophetic gifts because he has so often predicted certain events with alarming accuracy. Skeptics will point out his numerous erroneous prophecies and I will admit that he has been wrong on several occasions. There is a theory that Nostradamus was giving several predictions throughout the course of human history that were alternative futures and not one set in stone. In other words, he was giving different outcomes based on what choices we people make in our history that changes it. This is yet another subject in which you either believe it or you don't. If it is true, it's interesting to consider how many things Nostradamus got right. If you don't believe in Nostradamus, you have to admit it is a good story for myth and legend.

OK please pray tell what Nostradamus actually predicted. I've read the original texts, and that man is so obscure and cryptic that anything could mean anything and nothing.

• Like 1

What do you mean? Genesis split up ages ago, must have been the early 90s.

• Like 2

a prediction isn't a prediction if it's only verifiable with hindsight.

me saying a plane will crash sometime, and then saying 'look, I was right!' the next time one happens to crash, doesn't mean I prophesied it, it just means that aeroplanes sometimes crash.

if nostradamus said 'on 28th july 2013 at 8.42pm a plane will crash at heathrow on runway nine, killing 362 passengers' and it happened, then THAT would be a prediction, but what nostradamus does is the equivalent of saying the next lottery winner will most likely have skin, and wear shoes, which isn't the same thing at all.

• Like 1

a prediction isn't a prediction if it's only verifiable with hindsight.

me saying a plane will crash sometime, and then saying 'look, I was right!' the next time one happens to crash, doesn't mean I prophesied it, it just means that aeroplanes sometimes crash.

if nostradamus said 'on 28th july 2013 at 8.42pm a plane will crash at heathrow on runway nine, killing 362 passengers' and it happened, then THAT would be a prediction, but what nostradamus does is the equivalent of saying the next lottery winner will most likely have skin, and wear shoes, which isn't the same thing at all.

Na Nostradamus would be even more cryptic : "The seventh son of the seventh son will reap the bounty on the sixth day after the cobra turns purple" or something.

• Like 2

Na Nostradamus would be even more cryptic : "The seventh son of the seventh son will reap the bounty on the sixth day after the cobra turns purple" or something.

:-D

I can never believe in only one prophesy for particular event, in all my research I have always seen 2 possible outcomes. Predetermination I can't subscribe to in the fullest sense, however once a series of events take place in a certain order it's fated and then the outcome can be predetermined to a extent and Foreseeable.

To understand the possibility of the 3rd mind that is influenced by a external force is a concept that I do have some theory and research on and to a extent have experienced in a limited capacity.

Prophets can't see unless there shown.