Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 is it the end of the world?

Hayram

Are all these predictions about 2012, including the Ancient Mayan Calender one accurate?

Should we take this seriously and start preparing for it, so that we can survive through it.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J.B.

• Ginger

• WoIverine

• Alien Being

Hayram , strange you make this topic , considering your signature is a link about it :no:

If the world ends in 2012 I'll be amazed.

I've never understood the big fuss about it really as our calendars end on the 31st December of every year yet we don't go into a panic, just because we have reached the last day of the calendar.

If the world ends in 2012 I'll be amazed.

I've never understood the big fuss about it really as our calendars end on the 31st December of every year yet we don't go into a panic, just because we have reached the last day of the calendar.

We haven't been tracing the future into thousands of years like the Mayans did. Still, one of my friends said it best:

"The Mayans will go down as the biggest trolls in history."

We haven't been tracing the future into thousands of years like the Mayans did. Still, one of my friends said it best:

"The Mayans will go down as the biggest trolls in history."

:lol:

Are all these predictions about 2012, including the Ancient Mayan Calender one accurate?

Should we take this seriously and start preparing for it, so that we can survive through it.

It's not the end, more than likely just the beginning of the end. If you are around come 2020, you'll be good to go.

I think this one should be taken seriously.

Not because I believe the apocolypse will happen by divine action but because I believe there are religious fundamentalists and nut jobs inside every faith about to stage apocolyptical events to fit in with their belief systems.

2012 will be the end of the world for silly end of the world ideas that take place in 2012 :tu:

www.abhota.info

im not a believer in 2012, i dont think it will be the end. But, ive been seeing tv shows in discovery and the history channel were they explain something about the earth being aligned with the sun and the black hole of the galaxy and the solar system being particular close to it. How true is this?

Maybe 2012 will be the end of the current world and the beginning of a new one. It seems to me that there are a number of ways in which the current world really sucks. So maybe 2012 will be a good thing.

If you think about the Mayan tradition, it doesn't say 2012 will be the end of the world. It says 2012 is the end of a cycle. So it's also the beginning of a new cycle.

Maybe 2012 will be the end of the current world and the beginning of a new one. It seems to me that there are a number of ways in which the current world really sucks. So maybe 2012 will be a good thing.

If you think about the Mayan tradition, it doesn't say 2012 will be the end of the world. It says 2012 is the end of a cycle. So it's also the beginning of a new cycle.

The misunderstanding stems from the fact that the Mayans gave us so much before it, say that 2012 will be the end of the cycle, and then neglect to record the next one.