Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens have been visiting Earth for decades

behaviour???

Accusing world famous astrophysicist Stephen Hawking of spreading misinformation about threats from aliens, former Canadian defence minister Paul Hellyer claimed Sunday that extraterrestrials have actually been visiting earth for decades.

Rather than harm mankind, he said, their (aliens') spaceships have provided us information for triggering today's microchip and IT revolution on our planet.

Hawking has recently warned humanity against contacting aliens.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Murrangurk

• ohio state buckeyes

• voiceofreason

• earlizd1

Ok... So where is the PROOF that aliens have given us this technology, Hellyer? I'm more inclined to believe Hawking, after everything that he has given us, than some crazy opinions. His accusations are unfounded, and not supported. Oh, I've heard all the conspiracy mumbo-jumbo, but I'm still siding with Hawking.

I agree with Hawking and Hellyer. Aliens could be hostile against humans, there for we have to take caution when attempting at any kind of contact with them cause we might just contact a threat and tada! we're screwed. But I also believe that the governments of the world have secretly been testing, experimenting and even reverse engineering aliens technology into most likely weapons and at times, rarely, for civilian purposes. One good example is probably the American government, the most secret and violent of all.

Hellyer told the Canadian Press that 'the reality is that they (aliens) have been visiting earth for decades and probably millennia and have contributed considerably to our knowledge.'' He said our computer screens have their origins in alien spaceships.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20100503/860/ttc-aliens-have-been-visiting-earth-for.html

Funny, I thought or computer screens have their origins in the invention of the television.

In its early stages of development, television employed a combination of optical, mechanical and electronic technologies to capture, transmit and display a visual image. By the late 1920s, however, those employing only optical and electronic technologies were being explored. All modern television systems rely on the latter, although the knowledge gained from the work on mechanical-dependent systems was crucial in the development of fully electronic television.

American family watching TV, 1958The first time images were transmitted electrically via early mechanical fax machines, including the pantelegraph, developed in the late 1800s. The concept of electrically-powered transmission of television images in motion, was first sketched in 1878 as the telephonoscope, shortly after the invention of the telephone. At the time, it was imagined by early science fiction authors, that someday that light could be transmitted over wires, as sounds were.

The idea of using scanning to transmit images was put to actual practical use in 1881 in the pantelegraph, through the use of a pendulum-based scanning mechanism. From this period forward, scanning in one form or another, has been used in nearly every image transmission technology to date, including television. This is the concept of "rasterization", the process of converting a visual image into a stream of electrical pulses.

In 1884 Paul Gottlieb Nipkow, a 23-year old university student in Germany, patented the first electromechanical television system which employed a scanning disk, a spinning disk with a series of holes spiraling toward the center, for rasterization. The holes were spaced at equal angular intervals such that in a single rotation the disk would allow light to pass through each hole and onto a light-sensitive selenium sensor which produced the electrical pulses. As an image was focused on the rotating disk, each hole captured a horizontal "slice" of the whole image.

Nipkow's design would not be practical until advances in amplifier tube technology became available. The device was only useful for transmitting still "halftone" images — represented by equally spaced dots of varying size — over telegraph or telephone lines.[citation needed] Later designs would use a rotating mirror-drum scanner to capture the image and a cathode ray tube (CRT) as a display device, but moving images were still not possible, due to the poor sensitivity of the selenium sensors. In 1907 Russian scientist Boris Rosing became the first inventor to use a CRT in the receiver of an experimental television system. He used mirror-drum scanning to transmit simple geometric shapes to the CRT.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television

I assume that the crashed vehicles he is talking about are the alleged ones at roswell in 1951. As television has been commercially available since 1930's I think we can rule this one out.

I see aliens at our local shopping centre most saturdays ;)

It always annoys me when someone comes out and says stuff like this. Almost implying that we could never invent anything for ourselves; we constantly need help from aliens.

:unsure2:

How can a former Canadian defence minister make a statement like that and it not be major news ?

It always annoys me when someone comes out and says stuff like this. Almost implying that we could never invent anything for ourselves; we constantly need help from aliens.

We had the wheel for what 10,000 years ? Then we went from flying a few yards to the moon the less then in a few decades. How did we do that ?

So Hellyer is accusing Hawkings of making people scared of aliens. To be honest, i dont really think Hawkings recent statements have changed peopls views of aliens much, at least nothing has changed for me. I think most people can make up their own mind about this kind of stuff, and that most people are aware that aliens could be both malevolent and benevolent, we dont really know.

Right on, Hellyer. Dang I love it when past and current leaders take a stand like this.

We had the wheel for what 10,000 years ? Then we went from flying a few yards to the moon the less then in a few decades. How did we do that ?

Because flying a few yards wasn't enough for us.

We invented the boat thousands of years ago, Then we went from sail power to steam to hydrofoils in a reletively short space of time. We even travel under the water. Leonardo experimented with drawings for this concept during his lifetime. 1400's.

It is in mans nature to constantly improve his lot.

We did that because we used a motor to provide the propulsion. Technology has always been the limiting factor to invention. Once the technology develops to a certain point where they are mainstream and practical, inventions sore. As for alien tech helping us along...perhaps, but I'm not sold on it. Most (if not all) inventions are human innovations.

We took so long because we burnt a lot of intelligent people at the stake. For Jesus.

The chinese invented the compass, the clock, and a bunch of stuff, then threw them out.

But what I want to know is -

How can a former Canadian defence minister make a statement like that and it not be major news ?

He said that the technology we have now came from "crashed" alien spaceships. Sounds like we just happened to get our hands on it. How does this contradict Hawkings?

Wait a minute - crashed space ships.....

DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS????

IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT!!

1987_predator_001.jpg

"Taking issue with Hawking Sunday, the former Canadian defence minister, who himself is an expert on the subject and has has been speaking about aliens for years, said aliens have already visited earth and contributed to our technological advancement."

Can someone please bring us up to speed on this Hellyer guy? If he is a former defence minister, why is he allowed to speak out about this? Is he a reputable guy, or another Bob Dean or Lazar? Any Canadians out there with the dirt?

Hellyer told the Canadian Press that 'the reality is that they (aliens) have been visiting earth for decades and probably millennia and have contributed considerably to our knowledge.'' He said our computer screens have their origins in alien spaceships.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20100503/860/ttc-aliens-have-been-visiting-earth-for.html

Funny, I thought or computer screens have their origins in the invention of the television.

In its early stages of development, television employed a combination of optical, mechanical and electronic technologies to capture, transmit and display a visual image. By the late 1920s, however, those employing only optical and electronic technologies were being explored. All modern television systems rely on the latter, although the knowledge gained from the work on mechanical-dependent systems was crucial in the development of fully electronic television.

American family watching TV, 1958The first time images were transmitted electrically via early mechanical fax machines, including the pantelegraph, developed in the late 1800s. The concept of electrically-powered transmission of television images in motion, was first sketched in 1878 as the telephonoscope, shortly after the invention of the telephone. At the time, it was imagined by early science fiction authors, that someday that light could be transmitted over wires, as sounds were.

The idea of using scanning to transmit images was put to actual practical use in 1881 in the pantelegraph, through the use of a pendulum-based scanning mechanism. From this period forward, scanning in one form or another, has been used in nearly every image transmission technology to date, including television. This is the concept of "rasterization", the process of converting a visual image into a stream of electrical pulses.

In 1884 Paul Gottlieb Nipkow, a 23-year old university student in Germany, patented the first electromechanical television system which employed a scanning disk, a spinning disk with a series of holes spiraling toward the center, for rasterization. The holes were spaced at equal angular intervals such that in a single rotation the disk would allow light to pass through each hole and onto a light-sensitive selenium sensor which produced the electrical pulses. As an image was focused on the rotating disk, each hole captured a horizontal "slice" of the whole image.

Nipkow's design would not be practical until advances in amplifier tube technology became available. The device was only useful for transmitting still "halftone" images — represented by equally spaced dots of varying size — over telegraph or telephone lines.[citation needed] Later designs would use a rotating mirror-drum scanner to capture the image and a cathode ray tube (CRT) as a display device, but moving images were still not possible, due to the poor sensitivity of the selenium sensors. In 1907 Russian scientist Boris Rosing became the first inventor to use a CRT in the receiver of an experimental television system. He used mirror-drum scanning to transmit simple geometric shapes to the CRT.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television

I assume that the crashed vehicles he is talking about are the alleged ones at roswell in 1951. As television has been commercially available since 1930's I think we can rule this one out.

:rolleyes: LCD not CRT...... big difference ;)

I cant see how you thought he was speaking of CRT.... :unsure:

I agree with Murrangurk... Yeah Hawking is a great asset to the human race. His mental power is beyond belief.... But he was not a Defense Minister! Isn't that a pretty high rank? If anyone in the govern't that would have contact with an alien race, would it not be the Department of Defense? This would be like Rumsfeld or Robert Gates admitting that we had contact. Would we blow THEM off? If we can’t believe them then who do we believe? Also I believe that he did NOT say that the computer screen (not the TV) or the microchips came from spaceships, only that they had a hand in their creation.

I'm really new to the UFO scene. I love to study Paranormal issues and so on, But for the last couple of years I have been moving toward reading more on UFO issues and sightings and so on. I always say to people can we be blind to not think that we are the only ones here! I look at what Hawking is saying and agree (Not contacting Aliens) but it's a hard issue to discuss we are trying to advance in the world and this would be a good way, But what if we do make contact? What if they attacked? People have claimed to be abducted and we have video of UFO sightings that the G-man cover up. So many questions arise.... I just wonder when the goverment will give yup this act and tell the world that UFO's and other life is true and stop hiding it.

Hawking is of course entitled to his view. I still say it's too late to go into hiding now - We have been sending out EM radiation for a century, and unfortunately (or not) you cant stop it from travelling ever outwards (no matter how attenuated, it is still travelling).

I truly believe that it is only the transmission of "American Idol" and "Britains Got Talent" (not forgetting "X Factor"!!) that has kept them at bay for so long. Ohhh nearly forgot "I Love Lucy" did a sterling job protecting us in the 50's and 6''s...unsure.gif

I agree with Murrangurk... Yeah Hawking is a great asset to the human race. His mental power is beyond belief.... But he was not a Defense Minister! Isn't that a pretty high rank? If anyone in the govern't that would have contact with an alien race, would it not be the Department of Defense? This would be like Rumsfeld or Robert Gates admitting that we had contact. Would we blow THEM off? If we can’t believe them then who do we believe? Also I believe that he did NOT say that the computer screen (not the TV) or the microchips came from spaceships, only that they had a hand in their creation.

Unfortunatly simply getting to a high rank in any area of life or politics doesnt exclude him from being an absolute headcase.

And besides, IF a defense minister, or any other sort of minister was privy to factual info about aliens being on earth who is the first person they are gonna turn to for advice? Thats right Bob, Stephen Hawking (or somone like him).

I also personally believe that if a Politician says "Hello" to you he just lied to you. I have yet to find an exception to this rule. Collectively I trust them all about as far as I can comfortably spit out a rat. Hellyer is a politician ergo he lied. QED. ;)

Unfortunatly simply getting to a high rank in any area of life or politics doesnt exclude him from being an absolute headcase.

And besides, IF a defense minister, or any other sort of minister was privy to factual info about aliens being on earth who is the first person they are gonna turn to for advice? Thats right Bob, Stephen Hawking (or somone like him).

I also personally believe that if a Politician says "Hello" to you he just lied to you. I have yet to find an exception to this rule. Collectively I trust them all about as far as I can comfortably spit out a rat. Hellyer is a politician ergo he lied. QED. ;)

That's what I'm asking - Is he a nut case?

Canadians, come in Canadians....are you there? Is Hellyer kookoo??

Found this on his wiki page:

[edit] Peace in space and UFO advocacy

On 3 June 1967, Hellyer flew in by helicopter to officially inaugurate an Unidentified flying object landing pad in St. Paul, Alberta. The town had built the landing pad as its Canadian Centennial celebration project, and as a symbol of keeping space free from human warfare. The sign beside the pad reads:

"The area under the World's First UFO Landing Pad was designated international by the Town of St. Paul as a symbol of our faith that mankind will maintain the outer universe free from national wars and strife. That future travel in space will be safe for all intergalactic beings, all visitors from earth or otherwise are welcome to this territory and to the Town of St. Paul."[citation needed]

Throughout his life, Hellyer has been opposed to the weaponization of space. He supports the Space Preservation Treaty to ban space weapons.[citation needed]

In early September 2005, Hellyer made headlines by publicly announcing that he believed in UFOs. On 25 September 2005, he was an invited speaker at an exopolitics conference in Toronto, where he told the audience that he had seen a UFO one night with his late wife and some friends. He said that, although he had discounted the experience at the time, he had kept an open mind to it. He said that he started taking the issue much more seriously after watching ABC's Peter Jennings' UFO special in February 2005.[citation needed]

Watching Jennings' UFO special prompted Hellyer to finally read U.S. Army Colonel Philip J. Corso's book The Day After Roswell, about the Roswell UFO Incident, which had been sitting on his shelf for some time. Hellyer told the Toronto audience that he later spoke to a retired Air Force General who confirmed the accuracy of the information in the book. In November 2005, he accused U.S. President George W. Bush of plotting an "Intergalactic War". The former defence minister told an audience at the University of Toronto:

"The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning...The Bush Administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."[7]

Hellyer told the audience that in December 2004, he had enjoyed reading and had endorsed a book by Alfred Webre entitled "Exopolitics - Politics, Government and Law in the Universe". He ended his 30 minute historical talk with a standing ovation by stating:

"To turn us in the direction of re-unification with the rest of creation the author is proposing a Decade of Contact an era of openness, public hearings, publicly funded research, and education about extraterrestrial reality."[citation needed]

In 2007, the Ottawa Citizen reported that Hellyer is demanding that world governments disclose alien technology that could be used to solve the problem of climate change:

"I would like to see what (alien) technology there might be that could eliminate the burning of fossil fuels within a generation...that could be a way to save our planet...We need to persuade governments to come clean on what they know. Some of us suspect they know quite a lot, and it might be enough to save our planet if applied quickly enough

Hmm...Sounds a couple of slices short of a cake to me...

Edited by Torchwood

science and technology grows exponentially