Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do I invite evil spirits to my home?

Sakari

No offense to you for suggesting it, bd, but the Joy of Satan is known by occultists netwide to be a neo-nazi organization. I wouldn't trust anything from that website.

I dabbled in demonolatry for a few years myself, for the same reason that Sakari started this thread, I suppose. The incredibly meager results that I received occurred only in deep meditation or sleep and were fairly easily attributable to my own mind. Based on my experience, I can safely say that if Sakari wants bold poltergeist-like manifestations, he's not going to get it from some simple ritual anyone can find online.

i'm sure you're right cyebele. like i said, i didn't have time to check it out myself.. i'm only trying to help out sakari.

Edited by bigdaddyinge

why wud u want 2 do that!? thats jus stupid dude! u shunt mess with this stuff, u dunt know wat u mite let in or wat mite appen! grow sum brain cells xx

hahahaha.... that's damn funny... kinda like someone's prize egg hen calling a turkey, who's afraid to cross a road, a "chicken".... lmfao. grow sum brain cells...hahaha... huked on foniks wurks fer me...haha

Edited by bigdaddyinge

Fashionably late to the party again....

I admire what you're doing here. I'm surprised people missed the "or nice ones" bit and reacted very strongly to the "evil" bit. You just want to see a spirit, as I understand it.

And I'm glad you're doing it, and not me. Mainly in the evnt you get an evil one. I mean, a lot of people have told me about tigers, that they eat people. I have never seen a tiger, but I am not about to traipse into the jungle and punch one in the face to see if it's real!

I think if you were serious about investigating hauntings it will take a lot of research and dedication, and that in an environment of immense frustration. Spirits are notoriously fickle and deceptive.

However, the idea of "believing is seeing" is interesting. We might immediately dismiss this angle as credulity. But it may not be so.

I read, a long time ago, an account of two anthropolgists. One studied Shamanism in Siberia and had many strange experiences that were outside our modern paradigms. The shaman took this guy in and he lived with the shaman a long time and was "apprenticed."

the moral of that story is that in shamanism, first the shaman imagines, then he focuses and mediates, then it becomes real. Not as in, I believe it to be real, but actually real. The anthropologist (so sorry I can't recall his name, only the story,) eventually learnt to conjure up local weather changes, share his mind with certain animals and so on. We can quite comfortably sit back in our modern armchairs and write his experience of as self hypnosis or other such 21st century terminology. It could have been any kind of self delusion. But for his study to be succesful he had to show the Shaman he believed, and was committed to the Shaman's paradigm, for lac of a better word. In essence, he suspended his disbelief, learnt some techniques, then had to retrospectively explain his actions from a contemporary scientific POV, which he struggled with, always feeling it was somehow an inadequate way of explaining it.

With that in mind, I read another account, I believe in Reader's Digest (would they lie to you? Now, come on!) about a french Anthropolgist who lived in Lhasa, Tibet, pre WW2. She became a buddhist and was taught many meditation techniques. One was to create a "thought form."

She imagined up a whole person.

However, the person got out of hand, and began following her everywhere, and causing mischief, and grew to be quite malicious. SHe eventually had to summon up a lot of discipline and focus, and deal with the "spirit."

I think these two examples might be key to finding what you seek. I kind of get the feeling you're expecting a sort of wal-mart ghost thing here. You hand over your money and grab a spook off the shelf. But itmay not be so cut and dry.

On the other hand, if the mountain won't come to Mo, Mo should go to the mountain. If you really do want a paranomal experience you should team up with reputable investigators and/or seek out reputed haunted places and investigate. This may take a lot of time and energy, and may also result in nothing, but statistically, you'll have a better chance. I mean, the ones you've already invited obvioulsy know where you live, so in the meantime, you should go around to their place.

Final idea: Someone mentioned recording yourself undertaking a ritual. That'd be cool to see. Those who believe can scrutinize your efforts and offer advice or technical help. And those who do not will have video evidence that you earnestly tried and were quite serious, yet nothing happened.

And of course, there's always the possibility something DOES happen, in which case you can post it here so we can all stand around and say

"Awww this video is sooooo fake....."

hahahaha.... that's damn funny... kinda like someone's prize egg hen calling a turkey, who's afraid to cross a road, a "chicken".... lmfao. grow sum brain cells...hahaha... huked on foniks wurks fer me...haha

Well to be fair, in this day and age, they could have texted it from their iPhone, therefore used that newfangled text speak what them kids is using these days.

That's what's wrong with society these days if you ask me.

Why would I want to do that?.....Read from the start , and your question is answered , numerous times..."shouldn't mess with this stuff"....Why? , dies it even exist?

And " grow some brain cells".....Well , I may mis-spell here and there , and I might ( but doubt it ) ask questions in a topic that have been answered before...One thing I never do.....I never type in ebonics like above....If that is not some form of ebonics , than I think you may need to grow a lot of brain cells.....

And about growing brain cells....I have been doing this for a while , and nothing , notta has happened.....

And now for people whom actually have read this topic....A few things I have done last weekend....Went to Ferndale ( old victorian town in California ).Stayed in a very old place , with a lot of history.Also stayed at another victorian place the next night.Went to the graveyard also...Took Ouiji board I printed up , used it in all places....Again , nothing happened...There are graves there from the early 1800's , and the Inn we stayed at has a lot of history also....I have some pics , will post them here....Did not take pics of the grtaveyard at night , did not want to make myself known to the locals...Dis-respectful if you ask me.The pic is during Memorial Day Ceremony , so you may not even see the head stones.....

Side notes : dates are wrong on all of my pics I post , I have no idea how to change it...Also , we went to the RedWoods ( Bigfoot territory , Patterson Film , etc)...Took a pic of Fern Canyon , where Jurassic Park , and Star Wars , not sure wich episode were filmed ( parts of them )....We saw no Bigfeet either...

I find it quite interesting that you can't see anything (I can't either, but I just don't look for anything paranormal). You want to see something but you can't maybe because you don't believe it, but very open minded people see it and they also want to...maybe the difference is just in believing or not, which leads me to believe it's all in people's head and just as they can have very lucid dreams, they could just hallucinate while being awake and take it as reality. I've heard voices, seen shadows peeking around the corner for half a second, heard footsteps coming towards me, felt weird presences and all that felt completely real...the only problem is that those were clearly hallucinations or just my brain playing tricks on me. I think it might take you a while to find what you're looking for man :P

Maybe it does have to do with, not belief, but open-mindedness...Except that I don't quite understand what I just said :wacko:

Either way, I think Sakari is an open-minded person.

Well to be fair, in this day and age, they could have texted it from their iPhone, therefore used that newfangled text speak what them kids is using these days.

That's what's wrong with society these days if you ask me.

that's true... as i have a blackberry, but you wouldn't catch me insulting my intelligence using that kind of text.... regardless, it's still funny as hell considering the source..

Inviting evil spirits in is not a good idea.

Well it would predispose him to do another post.. "How to eliminate an evil spirit". And that wouldn't be as easy as to invite him/her in.

Go get married, that will make your life a living hell. :P

Excellent... still laughing about your response..

LOL I did a Google search for "Puridalan's experiment" :wacko:

You've just created a new myth....

Cybele

how much more proof can you get?

I mean literally sitting down with a stranger, or lets say a medical examiner.

You do not know this medical examiner. They hand you a picture, or merely the persons name. you are to state how this person died exactly.

And lets make it even more 'remote' this medical examiner has you in a bare room, the examiner is not even allowed to see you therefore you cannot read their body language, throu the door they slip you the name, tag of the victim..something that makes it unique to them

then you state exactly how the person dies, "X died by suffocation in a lake for 3 minutes".

I mean seriously..what else do you people want? I think that is about as controlled as you can get.

No matter on how many evidence you can offer, the disbeliever will find a reason to disprove you. It's a matter of life. There are some people who will be more sensitive to the "true world" and those who can only see the physical.

We are 'mimickers' further more, we create technology based off of other things we see or see other species able to do, example use infra red like snakes, use night vision like other animals..ect.

Think about it, you can only remote view so much, there are a billions and trillions of things going on in the world, you have to choose and select, and narrow..you can't just 'see' it all. "you have to pick your battles". Even when we have cameras up everywhere does no good if no one is watching everyone of them constantly...still human, believe it or not

So, people that can remote view are employed to specific cases to work on, just like regular police are employed to a certain location, certain shift ect.

In the 60's a gentleman persondoctor named Purarich had a place where he trained children called the Turkey farm.

You might know about already or perhaps you will be interested

http://www.audiomedium.com/spiricomstudy/files/12a2.pdf

I'll watch your videos, but my point remains valid. If the government studies had determined that remote viewing was accurate, replicable, and therefore useful, then they would be using "psychics" all the time instead of technology and spies to save time and money, as would police forces. The fact of the matter is that even after studying and seriously considering it for years, they no longer do. That speaks volumes to me.

That we know of... the entities using those procedures have been hidden for sometimes now.

P.S. Paganism has nothing to do with calling in evil spirits , whoever offered that idea was just dead wrong....But , I tried it anyway :tu:

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

There is a lot of confusions about the term "Paganism". Officially it's simply all religions that are not christianity, islam or judaim... but technically it has nothing to do with evil worshiping as most Pagans do not believe in god therefore they can't believe in its opposite.

To prove the predisposition of our mind to any subject, I was reading a study on the Grail by a silly Frenchman. I was into his research on Von Eshenbach's Perzival. Then around midnight, I fell a sleep with the book next to me. I had the strangest vivid dream, what I call hypnogonia, an sensation of being able to control your thoughts while dreaming. I was in Arthurian time, yet dressed as usually (I couldn't change that)(perhaps because I dress in the same fashion day in day out for the past 50 years or so) jeans and T-shirt. In my dream I befriend some of those most famous Knights: Lancelot, Galahad, Perzival.

To the point that when I woke this morning (it's 8:37 am in France) I was surprised to be in 21th century.

To prove the predisposition of our mind to any subject, I was reading a study on the Grail by a silly Frenchman. I was into his research on Von Eshenbach's Perzival. Then around midnight, I fell a sleep with the book next to me. I had the strangest vivid dream, what I call hypnogonia, an sensation of being able to control your thoughts while dreaming. I was in Arthurian time, yet dressed as usually (I couldn't change that)(perhaps because I dress in the same fashion day in day out for the past 50 years or so) jeans and T-shirt. In my dream I befriend some of those most famous Knights: Lancelot, Galahad, Perzival.

To the point that when I woke this morning (it's 8:37 am in France) I was surprised to be in 21th century.

That's lucid dreaming, not "hypnagogia".

No matter on how many evidence you can offer, the disbeliever will find a reason to disprove you. It's a matter of life. There are some people who will be more sensitive to the "true world" and those who can only see the physical.

And no matter how obvious the lack of compelling evidence, believers will find a reason to believe. :P

If you reread what we were talking about, you'll see that I was arguing that her hypothetical scenario didn't necessitate the involvement of spirits. People tend to offer their favorite supernatural or paranormal force as an explanation for something mysterious and unexplained, even when there's no logical reason to do so. You, in fact, are asserting the existence of a "true world", which only certain people can sense, instead of also considering more mundane explanations like imagination, mental illness, etc. I assume that you, like puridalan, do so because you prefer to believe.

Edited by Cybele

[quorte name=Cybele' date='03 June 2010 - 01:58 AM' timestamp='1275551880' post='3438061]

And no matter how obvious the lack of compelling evidence, believers will find a reason to believe. :P

If you reread what we were talking about, you'll see that I was arguing that her hypothetical scenario didn't necessitate the involvement of spirits. People tend to offer their favorite supernatural or paranormal force as an explanation for something mysterious and unexplained, even when there's no logical reason to do so. You, in fact, are asserting the existence of a "true world", which only certain people can sense, instead of also considering more mundane explanations like imagination, mental illness, etc. I assume that you, like puridalan, do so because you prefer to believe.

Just personal experience which I will not attempt to discuss with you. What most people still call spirits, I will call energy. There is an excellent work (difficult to find) by a British Gentleman named T. C. Lethbrigde

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Charles_Lethbridge

titled "The Essential T. C. Lethbridge", which is based on several other books he wrote. You may find interesting and may even change open your mind.

Just personal experience which I will not attempt to discuss with you. What most people still call spirits, I will call energy. There is an excellent work (difficult to find) by a British Gentleman named T. C. Lethbrigde

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Charles_Lethbridge

titled "The Essential T. C. Lethbridge", which is based on several other books he wrote. You may find interesting and may even change open your mind.

"Through his experience with the pendulum and his work with dreams, Lethbridge concluded that there are other realms of reality beyond this one and that the soul is probably immortal."

Thanks for the link, but I would be much more inclined to believe results obtained through rigorous, scientific experiments. Pendulum and dream work is too subjective.

Paracelse :

You are quoting and replying to many replies here.You seem to know about this on a personal level....

What your replies have lacked for me are ideas , or better yet "ways" to have experiences ( physical , and numerous accounts) with Demons/Spirits(good or evil)/Satan....

I am considering my "experiment" on-going as long as people tell me "ways" to do this.I have yet to have one post that states a way to do this , that works......

So far , conclusion as it stands I am , (and have) " Proving ( proved )it does not exist"

When this dies down , and I can get some agreement that I have done everything possible , and they do not exist , I think I will go onto something else...Not sure what yet..

And , to repeat again , I am doing this honestly , not laughing my way through it , well sometimes.So , the next experiment I will ask the same thing , only different subject...

Now someone find me a dang ghost please !

• Like 1

I have an idea.

Are any of you familiar with Tulpas? Or Philip the Ghost Who Never Was?

The Philip Phenomenon

Since this forum apparently has a whole slew of believers (psychics and whatnot), why don't we attempt to make a Philip of our own? In essence, we try to "create" a ghost to see if we can replicate the Philip phenomenon.

Edited by Eurymedon

I have an idea.

The Philip Phenomenon

Since this forum apparently has a whole slew of believers (psychics and whatnot), why don't we attempt to make a Philip of our own? In essence, we try to "create" a ghost to see if we can replicate the Philip phenomenon.

Hey , start your own topic...Don't come in here and bogart mine :no:

Edit : that was typed while smiling :)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

I have an idea.

The Philip Phenomenon

I think this is a good idea. It will be about a person who was buried under sakari's bed 50 years ago :)

Anyway, is this experiment real or false? Skeptics I'm sure are now verifying this. I hope.

Hey , start your own topic...Don't come in here and bogart mine :no:

Edit : that was typed while smiling :)

But it's to help you! :)

It's not a terrible idea, really. At the very least we'll give you a "spirit" if it works. Hehe.