Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual Weaponry

catalyst of change

Generally people use both. You could even think of it as like meditation which does have value especailly with things like anxiety.

Yeah, so does a warm bath but doesn't cost nearly as much. Reiki doesn't advertise itself as a "placebo", it advertises itself as -

Reiki

Reiki practitioners channel energy in a particular pattern to heal and harmonize. Unlike other healing therapies based on the premise of a human energy field, Reiki seeks to restore order to the body whose vital energy has become unbalanced.

Reiki energy has several basic effects: it brings about deep relaxation, destroys energy blockages, detoxifies the system, provides new vitality in the form of healing universal life energy, and increases the vibrational frequency of the body.

The whole body Reiki is used to treat the whole body to achieve relaxation. It facilitates the removal of blockages in energy flow and the dispersal of toxins.

Long-term practice of whole-body Reiki will restore the general condition of the body. The energy channels are opened to allow the body to deal properly and naturally with both stress and the build-up of toxins. It will help you to cope with anxiety and depression.

Reiki therapy is also useful when you are recovering from an illness. Reiki will provide the additional energy required to recover from the illness. It will also reinforce the effects of any other method of natural healing. It can be used as a supplementary therapy as it is a truly complementary system of treatment.

If a person is depressed and opts for Reiki rather than counseling and medication, it is dangerous.

Was that in regards to calling this thread a trolling one.

Huh? Don't know what you are talking about.

The statement is just that, a statement.

A belief, regardless of how strong it is or how many believe does NOT make it real.

Easter Bunny as an example.

Nibs

In all fairness to "both sides" here - this is VERY CLEARLY in the "Psychic Abilities" sub-forum, and it has been stated by numerous moderators including Saruman himself that it is all but an official "given" that things here can be discussed from the point of view of taking psychic abilities as "real".

This is for practitioners to discuss, share and learn tips and techniques with and from other practitioners of "the psychic arts".

This doesn't mean skeptics and questioners aren't welcome, but it DOES mean that this is not the place for demands of proof and is not the place for mocking or ridicule (nowhere on UM IS that place!) so stay civil.

No offense to any of the mods, but if all this is true, at what point exactly can someone be considered to be roleplaying, or trolling, or telling the truth?? Both roleplaying and trolling are outlawed on these boards. How can these be differentiated by someone who truly believes, or even has these abilities, without asking for some sort of proof?? If someone truly can do, or believes they can do what they claim, then some sort of proof should be offered to back up their claims, otherwise how are the rest of us supposed to know who we can discuss the topic seriously with, and who are the roleplayers? Plus, hasn't the aquatus been gently pumping him for some sort of proof the last few posts??

Yeah, so does a warm bath but doesn't cost nearly as much. Reiki doesn't advertise itself as a "placebo", it advertises itself as -

I didnt say it was a placebo.. I said even if it was a placebo it still has value. Even matt kind of agrees.

If a person is depressed and opts for Reiki rather than counseling and medication, it is dangerous.

Well where I learnt it they never taught us to only use reiki. We were taught to use it as an extra helper.

Huh? Don't know what you are talking about.

The statement is just that, a statement.

A belief, regardless of how strong it is or how many believe does NOT make it real.

Easter Bunny as an example.

Nibs

Well some people that get anxiety for example can actually effect their own body. So the belief in something will fool the body to feel a physical effect. Like how anxiety sufferes get the 'lump in throat' feeling. Its only a belief.. but the body feels it anyway. And it works both ways.. thats why placebos work.

I didnt say it was a placebo.. I said even if it was a placebo it still has value. Even matt kind of agrees.

Ok.

My point is that the it isn't billed as a placebo. It is billed as a solution.

From here

Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.

From here

# Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension,

# It accelerates the bodie's self-healing abilities,

# Aids better sleep,

# Reduces blood pressure

# Can help with accute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions,

# Helps relieve pain,

# Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony,

# Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins,

# Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy,

# Supports the immune system,

# Increases vitality and postpones the aging process,

# Raises the vibrational frequency of the body,

# Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing

This is not something that considers itself a placebo. It is advertising itself as a solution. That is dangerous.

Well where I learnt it they never taught us to only use reiki. We were taught to use it as an extra helper.

Ok.

Well some people that get anxiety for example can actually effect their own body. So the belief in something will fool the body to feel a physical effect. Like how anxiety sufferes get the 'lump in throat' feeling. Its only a belief.. but the body feels it anyway. And it works both ways.. thats why placebos work.

I suffer from panic attacks, OCD, anxiety and a bunch of other little mental tics. Medication is what helps me. It is a REAL medical condition that would not be handled without the meds.

I do meditate but not in any type of spiritual or mystic way. It is a time where I sit quietly, listen to my breathing and heartbeat and try to relax. I also practice a variety of other "relaxation techniques" to try to calm myself out of a panic attack or anxiety attack.

A belief that "fools the body" is still dangerous.

I would love for any of this to be of use. I would love to not have to take pills or to not end up shaking in a ball on the floor of the bathroom because my serotonin levels are a mess.

Nibs

Nightwalker's claims are just going beyond anything that can be taken seriously anymore. Not only does he have a constantly growing list of insane psi-powers, but so do half the people in his school.

I don't understand why his threads are allowed to continue. It's obvious that he's doing a bit of role-playing at the forum's expense. There are websites that welcome such games, but UM doesn't.

Because some are capable of non linear thinking and that is what metaphysical based forums are for, the topic is posted under the pretense of the subject matter being subjectively tangible yet there continues to be a preponderance of those that feel that is it obligatory that they infuse their redundant, repetitious close minded ideology into the mix over and over and over and over and over and over....

Bad news, I'm back :devil:

Just to be up front about this...

I would LOVE for this mystical energy to exist. I would love to find out that some individuals are actually capable of making energy emit from their hands and that this energy is something that can have an effect on our bodies or physical world. I have been to various practitioners of all kinds of different beliefs. NEVER have I had any do anything that made a change in my physical or mental self other than what an average massage does.

I do have to mention that 667 addressed many of my own concerns about posting in this area of the forum.

Nibs

Reduces blood pressure

# Can help with accute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions,

# Helps relieve pain,

# Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony,

These were the ones you put in bold.

*Reducing blood pressure is done by calming yourself down yes. Which reiki is good for.

*Can help with breaking addictions and injuries etc... yup it sure can.. like meditation does.

*Helps relieves pain... yup... like meditation.

*Removed energy blockages... well if you dont believe in that stuff anyway then it doesnt matter.

Also you say it is advertising itself as a 'solution' when it seems to be just saying that it helps with, supports and assists with. "It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery."

I suffer from panic attacks, OCD, anxiety and a bunch of other little mental tics. Medication is what helps me. It is a REAL medical condition that would not be handled without the meds.

I do meditate but not in any type of spiritual or mystic way. It is a time where I sit quietly, listen to my breathing and heartbeat and try to relax. I also practice a variety of other "relaxation techniques" to try to calm myself out of a panic attack or anxiety attack.

I would love for any of this to be of use. I would love to not have to take pills or to not end up shaking in a ball on the floor of the bathroom because my serotonin levels are a mess.

Nibs

Maybe you should try using reiki with your medication then since you already find meditating useful. It cant hurt.

Just to be up front about this...

I would LOVE for this mystical energy to exist. I would love to find out that some individuals are actually capable of making energy emit from their hands and that this energy is something that can have an effect on our bodies or physical world. I have been to various practitioners of all kinds of different beliefs. NEVER have I had any do anything that made a change in my physical or mental self other than what an average massage does.

I do have to mention that 667 addressed many of my own concerns about posting in this area of the forum.

Nibs

Perhaps you have been visiting the wrong practitioners.

although I could visit 10 different gymnastic coaches and still never master the standing back-flip :rolleyes:

some have it, some don't

Edited by King Of Agony

*sigh*

Ok, we are reading it differently and going in circles. Getting nowhere. There is a reason science doesn't recognize any of this, it isn't real. It is something people convince themselves is working which is NOT the same as an actual treatment.

My meditation doesn't cost anything nor do I need some specialized guru to teach me how to do it.

Nibs

Perhaps you have been visiting the wrong practitioners.

although I could visit 10 different gymnastic coaches and still never master the standing back-flip :rolleyes:

some have it, some don't

1. There is no part of human biology that is capable of creating or emitting any type of "energy" that can effect the physical world.

2. There is no evidence of the existence of ki, chi, psionics or any other kind of mystical energy.

So, it doesn't matter which practitioner I have or have not visited (you're making an assumption that is far from accurate).

My daughter has spina bifida, no matter WHAT coach she sees, she will NEVER do a standing back-flip.

Some CAN'T have "it". Biology doesn't allow for it.

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs

My meditation doesn't cost anything nor do I need some specialized guru to teach me how to do it.

Nibs

People have to make money some how to feed their familes. So I can understand that. And the guru mainly just teaches you hand positions. I have the first degree and I learnt it back in 1993. I use it all the time. I have the certificate still but it didnt scan good because I framed it(and cant get it out too easy.. not sure if Ill get it back in as cleanly so its blurry). Does anyone want to see so you know I'm not trolling?

Edited by Kazahel

People have to make money some how to feed their familes. So I can understand that. And the guru mainly just teaches you hand positions. I have the first degree and I learnt it back in 1993. I use it all the time. I have the certificate still but it didnt scan good because I framed it(and cant get it out too easy.. not sure if Ill get it back in as cleanly so its blurry). Does anyone want to see so you know I'm not trolling?

People should not be allowed to fraudulently make money by preying on another person's illnesses.

Here, you can be an ordained minister.

$97.00 and 48 hours and I too can be a Reiki Master with a Certificate.

I don't think you are trolling, nor do I think the OP is trolling. I DO believe that you, the OP and others have convinced yourself of something that does NOT exist.

Nibs

People should not be allowed to fraudulently make money by preying on another person's illnesses.

It helps with certain illnesses(anxiety for an example). Kinda like how meditation does, which you said you do so it isnt really fraudulent considering it helps with illness.

I don't think you are trolling, nor do I think the OP is trolling. I DO believe that you, the OP and others have convinced yourself of something that does NOT exist.

Nibs

Well if it did not exist then we wouldnt be talking about it.

Edited by Kazahel

It helps with certain illnesses(anxiety for an example). Kinda like how meditation does, which you said you do so it isnt really fraudulent considering it helps with illness.

No, calming oneself helps with some aspects of OCD, anxiety and panic attack. There is NO need to pay any money to someone who claims they are mystically gifted to learn how to calm oneself.

Reiki and all the other mystical healing stuff alludes to the idea that an actual energy is being used to facilitate healing or out right cause healing. This energy has NO evidence of it's existence. No medical backing, no scientific backing and heck, usually defies physics and human biology.

This is FAR different from me sitting quietly.

I can show you websites where thousands of people are discussing a million different things, it does not at all support the existence of any of these things.

Thousand of people are right now discussing Pokemon, does that make it real? No.

Nibs

No, calming oneself helps with some aspects of OCD, anxiety and panic attack. There is NO need to pay any money to someone who claims they are mystically gifted to learn how to calm oneself.

Reiki and all the other mystical healing stuff alludes to the idea that an actual energy is being used to facilitate healing or out right cause healing. This energy has NO evidence of it's existence. No medical backing, no scientific backing and heck, usually defies physics and human biology.

This is FAR different from me sitting quietly.

The east just has a different way of thinking.. like acupuncture or even martial arts that use ki. It's just The Way. And the money is a fee for learning like anything else. And it should have some medical backing if it helps with some aspects of anxiety. Does meditation have medical/scientific backing?

I can show you websites where thousands of people are discussing a million different things, it does not at all support the existence of any of these things.

Thousand of people are right now discussing Pokemon, does that make it real? No.

Nibs

We just think differently. You think things must be only real on a certain level where I think even a thought is real. So basically pokemon is real in some ways because you mentioned it. Its even on tv isnt it? lol.

No offense to any of the mods, but if all this is true, at what point exactly can someone be considered to be roleplaying, or trolling, or telling the truth?? Both roleplaying and trolling are outlawed on these boards. How can these be differentiated by someone who truly believes, or even has these abilities, without asking for some sort of proof?? If someone truly can do, or believes they can do what they claim, then some sort of proof should be offered to back up their claims, otherwise how are the rest of us supposed to know who we can discuss the topic seriously with, and who are the roleplayers? Plus, hasn't the aquatus been gently pumping him for some sort of proof the last few posts??

Clarification - this is why we have a Mod Team to make sure the members keep in line and follow the Tos. It's never the members place to discern who is trolling and who is roleplaying as it leads to unproductive discussion, flame-baiting and it's what gets threads derailed, closed and warnings/suspensions issued. If you suspect someone is is posting with malicious intent then use the report button and file a report for the Mod Team to look into.

The thread is about spiritual weaponry, not reiki, if you want to discuss the indepths of reiki make another thread, don't derail this one.

• Like 1

The thread is about spiritual weaponry, not reiki, if you want to discuss the indepths of reiki make another thread, don't derail this one. [/b][/color]

The OP was talking about ki energy which is along the same lines as rei-ki (its pretty much the same thing just directed a different way imo).

-The energy is generated from the chakras.

-The type of energy is spirit energy or ki-also known as life force energy.-It can be measured with the senses of other energy manipulators or spiritually attuned people but with the technology we have these days, I'm not sure.

-The energy is contained within the chakras which are balls of ki connected to other chakra nerves throughout the body. The chakras are an extension of the spirit and also hold the spirit within body as well.

-this energy is controlled with the mind and spirit in unison. They give it direction and purpose. Pure energy will not hurt someone unless it is meant to. Fire is hot and the senses of the external or etheric body can feel the heat of fire mana, leading to the SPIRITUAL body to be burned unless this fire has been manifested physically.

Ok. I'm currently working on a spiritual sword and bow that I can create at will. The hardest is the bow because of the shape and form. Plus the arrows are spirit energy as well. Not necessarily draining but it currently takes quite a bit of focus to hold it together. I'm also working on manifesting them into the physical plane. I can hold it for about 3 seconds at most and then it fades back into the spiritual and etheric realms. Then I can keep going and try to prolong the time. This requires a moderate amount of knowledge in the art of energy manipulation and a high level of skill and focus/concentration. Does anyone else here involve themselves in this art and have special weapons? Once I master pyro and electro, I will power my sword with fire and power my bow with electricity. I may also create a bow using cryo as well.

But yeah ok.. to the OP.. like I said in my first post... I tend to use AIM(ki)missiles. Not swords or bows so much. :) Think bigger man!

Edited by Kazahel

Clarification - this is why we have a Mod Team to make sure the members keep in line and follow the Tos. It's never the members place to discern who is trolling and who is roleplaying as it leads to unproductive discussion, flame-baiting and it's what gets threads derailed, closed and warnings/suspensions issued. If you suspect someone is is posting with malicious intent then use the report button and file a report for the Mod Team to look into.

The thread is about spiritual weaponry, not reiki, if you want to discuss the indepths of reiki make another thread, don't derail this one.

Again, no offense to the mods, but that doesn't make sense. We are supposed to take everything everyone says at face value, and never question it, until the Mods make a decision on whether everyone is telling the truth or not?? Or our other choice is to not participate in discussion at all?? Kind of defeats the purpose of the boards. I know the Mods are usually pretty busy on here as it is. If everybody on here reports every person who they think is posting with malicious intent, then most of the people on here would be reporting most of the people on here. Not to mention, the discussions would be pointless and boring if everyone was allowed to make any claim they wanted, and no one was allowed to refute it.

We are not asking for proof of something that is impossible to prove. This guy claimed he can manipulate physical objects with his mind. We are not questioning his beliefs, not insulting him, not refuting the existence of psychic abilities, nor accusing him of anything. It would be simple enough for anyone to show a video of this happening. I don't think it is too much to ask for someone to show that they can actually do what they claim they can do, before continuing to discuss a subject with them. Or, if we are in question of his abilities, should we hit the report button, and hold off on further conversations until the Mods can justify his claims??

Not trying to be a smart**s, just trying to understand the logic behind not allowing people to ask for proof of a claim, and hopefully, purveying my own logic on the subject as well.

i used to imagine makebelief guns and bombs when i was young running around killing makebelief "bad guys" but then i grew out of it

1. There is no part of human biology that is capable of creating or emitting any type of "energy" that can effect the physical world.

You're sure of this? science has effectively proven that the body's energy system extends well beyond the constraints of human physiology

in the form of measurable photo emissions, just to name one example.

I didn't bother embarking on a comprehensive search because this is pretty much common knowledge, but this should sum it up for those of you that are laymen (no disrespect intended )

http://www.everythingiselectric.com/biophotonics-humans-auras-acupuncture.html

glowing humans auras shown by thermographic image from ultraweak photon emission experiment

"The human body literally glimmers. The intensity of the light emitted by the body is 1000 times lower than the sensitivity of our naked eyes. Ultraweak photon emission is known as the energy released as light through the changes in energy metabolism."

Tohoku Institute of Technology - human photon emission experiment

Did the experiment carried out to measure the light emitted by humans confirm that humans do have an aura? If people can sense electrical fields/energy (frequency) then they might be able to sense a persons electrical energy being emitted or created by them.

2. There is no evidence of the existence of ki, chi, psionics or any other kind of mystical energy.

those terms are meaningless to me

So, it doesn't matter which practitioner I have or have not visited (you're making an assumption that is far from accurate).

I trust my instincts.

My daughter has spina bifida, no matter WHAT coach she sees, she will NEVER do a standing back-flip.

Some CAN'T have "it". Biology doesn't allow for it.

Nibs

Her disability prohibits this not biology but I'm sending healing energy her way regardless (can't hurt can it?)

Sorry but that is completely illogical. It is perfectly possible to talk about things that do not exist.

Again, no offense to the mods, but that doesn't make sense. We are supposed to take everything everyone says at face value, and never question it, until the Mods make a decision on whether everyone is telling the truth or not??

Or, if we are in question of his abilities, should we hit the report button, and hold off on further conversations until the Mods can justify his claims??

We've never asked anyone to do this and nor would we ever implement such a system - what we do ask is for members to avoid taking it upon themselves to openly accuse others of trolling or other malicious conduct, asking for evidence is not the same as accusing someone of being here solely to wind people up for their personal amusement.

You're sure of this? science has effectively proven that the body's energy system extends well beyond the constraints of human physiology

in the form of measurable photo emissions, just to name one example.

I didn't bother embarking on a comprehensive search because this is pretty much common knowledge, but this should sum it up for those of you that are laymen (no disrespect intended )

http://www.everythingiselectric.com/biophotonics-humans-auras-acupuncture.html

Ok, science doesn't prove anything, it evidences.

How exactly is this beyond the the constraints of human physiology?

And your link is grossly misrepresenting the paper it is citing.

We've never asked people to do this and nor would we ever implement such a system - what we do ask is for members to avoid taking it upon themselves to openly accuse others of trolling or other malicious conduct, asking for evidence is not the same as accusing someone of being here solely to wind people up for their personal amusement.

Thank you for the clarification. As it was put by another mod before "it DOES mean that this is not the place for demands of proof". So, you can see the confusion.

Thank you for the clarification. As it was put by another mod before "it DOES mean that this is not the place for demands of proof". So, you can see the confusion.

Didn't you know??? :o

you have to unequivocally prove something exists before you can even discuss it hypothetically or conceptually here.

WOW talk about a collection of redundant drones

there is no such thing, its not real, there's no scientific proof, can you prove it? there is no such thing, its not real, there's no scientific proof, can you prove it? there is no such thing, its not real, there's no scientific proof, can you prove it?there is no such thing, its not real, there's no scientific proof, can you prove it?there is no such thing, its not real, there's no scientific proof, can you prove it?there is no such thing, its not real, there's no scientific proof, can you prove it? :P