Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Gabriels_Girl

Strange noises that wake you up!

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday i went to the hospital and actually had to be admitted. All night i was thinking about my boyfriend because i missed him so much and it was the first time we had been separated over night. It took me forever to fall asleep, when i finally fell asleep i was probably right at the tip of falling in a deep sleep and as plain as day i heard him say my name real loud Ashleigh! it was so loud and clear that i turned over to see if anyone was at my room door. It was so real and just stuck with me all night. There have been other times when i fall asleep and hear a loud noise, or someone yell and it would wake me up...just something weird i wanted to share.

This has happened to me before. It most likely is a hypnogogic hallucination.

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Hypnagogic-Hallucinations.htm

Maybe since you missed him and couldn't fall asleep your subconscious made you feel he was there? I've heard this is quite common.

Hope all is well! :)

It's happened to me my ever since I can remember. Sometimes it's frequent other times it goes months without happening.