Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain’s first crop circle of 2010 spotted

Still Waters

The cuckoo traditionally marks the beginning of spring and right on cue to mark the first day of summer a crop circle has been spotted.

The first to be seen of that seasonal staple it is made up of curious swirls and has been 'discovered' in a field of oil seed rape in Wiltshire.

The county is a popular spot for crop circle sightings and this one was found overlooking the historic site of Old Sarum, near Salisbury, near to where a 150ft dragonfly appeared in a field last year.

The bizarre shapes and designs are predominately found in the counties of South West England. However, they tend to pop up in other regions too and last year a 600ft jellyfish appeared in Oxfordshire – becoming the first jellyfish crop circle in the world.

The crop circle season normally begins in April with them increasing in number to a high point in July and August.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Belial

• SolarPlexus

• Space Commander Travis

• AlienDan

There are probably some genuine ones out there, but I'm willing to bet that some enterprising individuals have been making their own to lure in the tourist dollars (pounds). The jellyfish is rather pretty.

just a couple of questions/points

1. why would aliens leave these kind of things

2.why only in the u.k

3.i thought aliens are elusive and dont want man to find out about them (if there actually real wich i dont beleive they are) why leave these symbols behind them

4.man made for publicity bringing in money by tourists investegators or even a local tradition in the uk

There are probably some genuine ones out there

Within the context of the thread this as to be one of the best lines i have ever read, my reasoning i hear you wonder - simple - i cannot stop howling with laughter, no i mean howling HOWLING with laughter ;)

Within the context of the thread this as to be one of the best lines i have ever read, my reasoning i hear you wonder - simple - i cannot stop howling with laughter, no i mean howling HOWLING with laughter ;)

It must be terribly embarrassing for our alien friends to have their circles be out-designed by us mere primatives. I know that if I were in their position I wouldn't know where to begin should I be asked by the High Overlord for Galactic Agricultural Graffiti to explain why we're delivering inferior products to Earth.

Not once have human simians (oops - I meant Sapiens) shown to create formations under the guise of respected crop circle researchers such as Nancy Talbot, Colin Andrews, Micheal Glickmann, and others. Not once.

Know why?

They can't.

All Team Satan (the Circlemaker's original name) can do is boastfully shout out their authorship of this phenomenon - while all the while never once showing how they do it from start to finish. They've done short videos, and in all instances, never once with respected researchers present. Also, their creations always somehow magically manifest from say 00:02:14 onwards. Hah.

Team Satan and their minions = frauds.

Anyhow dear real circle makers. Please disregard the white noise in the background down here in the zoo and pursue your communications. The rest of us love it.

Not saying they are noy any good, just saying they are ALL human in design and manufacture ;)

Not saying they are noy any good, just saying they are ALL human in design and manufacture ;)

There are plenty of aspects to these that suggets that you are utterly wrong, but hey we all make mistakes sometimes.

And for the record, I don't think there is a good explanation that accounts for them all. Its a mystery :devil:

Little green men need not apply.

Br Cornelius

Cool.

I don't know what causes them, frankly, I don't care. They're very pretty.

Must be a nuisance for farmers, tho'.

There are plenty of aspects to these that suggets that you are utterly wrong, but hey we all make mistakes sometimes.

And for the record, I don't think there is a good explanation that accounts for them all. Its a mystery :devil:

Little green men need not apply.

Br Cornelius

Utterly wrong is such a strong turn of phrase, i suppose one of the findings would be the way the crops get bent and not rupture, being attributed to some high energy force, according to the crack pot science community who like to think of this sort of horse ****e as normal.

I don't even understand how these stories are still posted as "modern mysteries." Haven't crop circles already been proven to be man-made? I just watched a show called The Truth Behind Crop Circles last week... it was either on History Channel or National Geographic, I can't remember.

The show covered the history of crop circles and has interviews with people that fully admit they had created crop circles. To prove it, researchers used software to create a circular design, within it connected multiple smaller circles. I don't know the correct terms for what they created as geometry is not my strong point. However I can say that the patterns and dimensions were quite complex. The pattern was then simply printed on a piece of paper and given to this person and his friends who had confessed to creating crop circles. Their goal was finish the entire pattern in one night. They managed to do it to all the right dimensions, and it was video recorded, showing how they used wooden planks, ropes, and other basic tools to create the design to perfection. They also had interviewed a man who had come forth with video of crop circles supposedly being created, showing flying orbs of light circling over a field as a crop circle appears out of thin air. This man fully admits to creating the video, showing how he did it.

All this really takes is careful planning, time, and a good knowledge of math and geometry. To say that humans couldn't possibly have the capacity to create a design in a field of grass... well, that's just seriously underestimating ourselves no? They do admit there are crop circles out there that no one has stepped forward to claim responsibilty for. But after all this, I find it extremely hard to believe that aliens create them and that humans happened to copycat the idea (or vice versa).

Sadly ILJ25 there are peeps out there who are very willing to see the opposite to what you see ;)

Some of these crop circles are massive.

They are created in a densely populated area area, and yet all those who are would like to catch them on the job over a sustained period fail to intercept the large teams of "artists" who create them.

Then there is the superheated stems to account for,and the particular pattern of bending which has consistently been noted. Then of course there is often a fine dusting of metals on the site.

Take into account that these have been appearing for 20yrs at least, and in that time these hoaxers have not made a penny from their art, and neither have they even got credit for their work (very un-artist like).

I am not saying that these couldn't be created by simple apes, and I am certain that a proportion of them were. Just not all of them.

One of the most interesting explanations I ever came across was the possibility that some bored military technician was using an orbital plasma weapon (ala the star wars program) to cut them.

I am frankly agnostic about the likely explanation. As I said its a mystery.

Br Cornelius

Take a look see My link ;)

Just one of many others - no aliens hitting crops with ray guns :D

A small quote from above link...

"It's only flattened corn..." Doug Bower, 1991

Doug Bower, assisted by his pal Dave, made his first circle in a Hampshire wheat field sometime during the summer of 1978. They made it on their hands and knees with a four-foot metal bar normally used to secure the back-door of Doug's Southampton studio.

"I'd always been interested in UFOs and flying saucers", he remembers, "...so I thought I'd make it look like one had landed." Whatever initially inspired him - divine guidance, the 1966 circle in a Queensland reed-bed, close to where Doug lived at the time, or simple ale-induced prankishness - the leap from provincial trampler to extraterrestrial super-force was swift.

Doug's daytime work-bench doodles transmogrified by night into gleaming sun-blessed articles of faith. This genius - fast-possessing others - couldn't be re-bottled.

He is seen as the godfather of circle making.

Edited by Belial

UK people are pros, they make circles for the laughs. :lol:

And they do look pretty sweet.

Well, I think humans may have been responsible for making some of the first, real simple ones but not the complicated ones that are being made now. One thing I base this on is the fact that crop circles are made in other countries, some that would take a very dim view of anybody delibertly destroying food crops for a joke. It might even get you a trip to the firing squad. KennyB

No one has ever made a formation from start to finish with respected crop circle researchers present. Not once. That's an important point to remember because when making a claim such as "Humans make 'em", evidence should be presented proving such. None shall ever be given simply because humans cannot make complex crop formations with researchers present - especially with all the cool details contained within (swirling stems, bent and blown nodes, etc.) Also, keep in mind that none of the respected crop circle researchers will work with National Geographic on this because the organization has been proven to distort researchers' findings and reports. Translation: NG indulges in fraudulent behavior - especially in situations where no scientific explanations can be found.

By the way, the "Doug and Dave" theory can officially be laid to rest; Dave is dead. LOL - unless he's become a zombie and is making them from the grave. :D

Edited by DigitalSentinal

To bad it's yet another man made one. Like 99% of them.

Edited by AlienDan

:rolleyes: i was being sarcastic :rolleyes:

No one has ever made a formation from start to finish with respected crop circle researchers present. Not once. That's an important point to remember because when making a claim such as "Humans make 'em", evidence should be presented proving such. None shall ever be given simply because humans cannot make complex crop formations with researchers present - especially with all the cool details contained within (swirling stems, bent and blown nodes, etc.) Also, keep in mind that none of the respected crop circle researchers will work with National Geographic on this because the organization has been proven to distort researchers' findings and reports. Translation: NG indulges in fraudulent behavior - especially in situations where no scientific explanations can be found.

By the way, the "Doug and Dave" theory can officially be laid to rest; Dave is dead. LOL - unless he's become a zombie and is making them from the grave.

Just for you and the 'proffessionals' in this field (no pun intended) :w00t:

My link

Edited by Belial

Crop circles are definitely doable by man

its art

edit: nazca is another story tho !

I see crop circles as an art form, done by humans. The patterns are amazing and quite beautifull.

If humans can make this? :

50342.jpeg

Follow this link to the blog that shows how they made it from A to Z and vids.

Then why could humans not make this?

crop_circles1.jpg

Furthermore, on the night of July 11–12, 1992, a crop-circle making competition, for a prize of several thousand UK pounds (partly funded by the Arthur Koestler Foundation), was held in Berkshire. The winning entry was produced by three Westland Helicopters engineers, using rope, PVC pipe, a trestle and a ladder. Another competitor used a small garden roller, a plank and some rope.

In 2002, Discovery Channel commissioned five aeronautics and astronautics graduate students from MIT to create crop circles of their own, aiming to duplicate some of the features claimed to distinguish "real" crop circles from the known fakes such as those created by Bower and Chorley. The creation of the circle was recorded and used in the Discovery Channel documentary "Crop Circles: Mysteries in the Fields".

So yes, we know full well how a crop sircle is made, and it has been documented from beginning till end. No aliens, ley lines or other assorted nonsense.

Edited by TheSearcher

I see crop circles as an art form, done by humans. The patterns are amazing and quite beautifull.

If humans can make this? :

50342.jpeg

Follow this link to the blog that shows how they made it from A to Z and vids.

Then why could humans not make this?

crop_circles1.jpg

Furthermore, on the night of July 11–12, 1992, a crop-circle making competition, for a prize of several thousand UK pounds (partly funded by the Arthur Koestler Foundation), was held in Berkshire. The winning entry was produced by three Westland Helicopters engineers, using rope, PVC pipe, a trestle and a ladder. Another competitor used a small garden roller, a plank and some rope.

In 2002, Discovery Channel commissioned five aeronautics and astronautics graduate students from MIT to create crop circles of their own, aiming to duplicate some of the features claimed to distinguish "real" crop circles from the known fakes such as those created by Bower and Chorley. The creation of the circle was recorded and used in the Discovery Channel documentary "Crop Circles: Mysteries in the Fields".

So yes, we know full well how a crop sircle is made, and it has been documented from beginning till end. No aliens, ley lines or other assorted nonsense.

Well the first one looks crap and amateurish for a start.

Br Cornelius