Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uniting Humanity

Rosewin

What are some ways you believe could unite humanity? I think for starters we should try and just be human, not by reading a book which tells us the best way to be a human, not by trying to find the best system for all humans to go by, no, by simply communing, which basically means to not just communicate but understand as well, which leads to acceptance of others. That was rather general so anything more specific would be welcomed and reading books (regardless of genre) and trying to live by your own system which works for you is always recommended as well.

Edited by Rosewin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosewin

• cluey

• SlimJim22

• Fernand0

Nothing unites people like a common enemy. Thats how we started with tiddly little tribes of a dozen people and after several million years ended up with gigantic warring nations.

Bring on the interstellar war.

Nothing unites people like a common enemy. Thats how we started with tiddly little tribes of a dozen people and after several million years ended up with gigantic warring nations.

Yup... interstellar war is the quickest way to unite humanity. First we have to invent interstellar travel, find a hostile alien race and wage war on them. This is not sarcasm, but the sad, sad truth.

LSD in the water and Cannabis in the bread would do the trick. :P

A way to unite humanity? Simple.

Gather all around in a gigantic circle, the pope, atheists, christians, catolics, buddists, etc., spark up a humongous fat blunt with some crazy weed.. and pass it around. Pass that shizz, and smoke that shizz.

And that, my friend, is the answer to world peace. No jokes, heh. :)

As there are pessimistic views, there are optimistic views. But the truth is, humanity cannot be united, its imposible, due to culture diversity. Even if.. IF, a huge new gouverment unites all nations..? There will always be revolutionaries.

Gather all around in a gigantic circle, the pope, atheists, christians, catolics, buddists, etc., spark up a humongous fat blunt with some crazy weed.. and pass it around. Pass that shizz, and smoke that shizz.

As there are pessimistic views, there are optimistic views. But the truth is, humanity cannot be united, its imposible, due to culture diversity. Even if.. IF, a huge new gouverment unites all nations..? There will always be revolutionaries.

Now that's an idea! The only way to unite IMO is through mutual respect for said diversity. Replace the competitive culture with a cooperative one. I can't see mankind ever uniting under one banner of God or no God but each to their own and all that doesn't stop us getting along though. Or it shouldn't at least... but it does.

LSD in the water and Cannabis in the bread would do the trick. :P

The LSD in the bread makes all the villagers dance in the yard.

Look up Project Bluebeam.

Know about it already. Apparitions of the saints and the Virgin Mary as well as alien sightings are all possible to manufacture with this according to the CT. I can see how it could come into play if real.

It could work if everyone converted and became a buddhist.

Now that's an idea! The only way to unite IMO is through mutual respect for said diversity. Replace the competitive culture with a cooperative one. I can't see mankind ever uniting under one banner of God or no God but each to their own and all that doesn't stop us getting along though. Or it shouldn't at least... but it does.

I agree that mutual respect for diversity would solve one part of the equation, resolving competition over limited resources and eliminating economic disenfranchisement would be the other part.

If you think the international population of earth (as opposed to a few individuals and small communities) could ever achieve "mutual respect for diversity" then I want to know what YOUR smoking ;)

I think Interstellar war is infinatly more likely.

Wait, I thought this interstellar war you spoke of was just going to be a fictionalized enemy to unite us? Not real aliens with laser guns and prison ships?

It'll never happen. Diversity, by definition, entails competing ideals and goals. The only way to attempt to "unify humanity" would be Saruman's way, by "removing those who oppose us." But even if you believed in genocide, regardless of whether it were possible to achieve, "imposing unity" would be just another bloody stab at totalitarianism. As long as there are people living on the world, there's going to be competition, disagreement opposition, and, at times, war.

I am quite certain it will be united, a totalitarian approach no doubt, painful for some. Hopefully splendid for the majority? I only say this because that is simply the way it seems it will go. Since the dawn of civilization humans have slowly been losing freedom for safety as the form of governments have only increased. We used to have tribes, then clans, then kingdoms, then empires, then we will have supra-states, and finally one globalist state. Nothing conspiracy theory about it and it might take a good while to get there but unless something doomsday wipes us out we are almost certain to achieve a one world government. Maybe not the definition of uniting humanity for some but no matter what form of civilization or government we have and live under there will always be personal choices to make on who we will be ourselves as individuals.

Uniting humanity does not have to be solely a political phenomena. As we make individual choices we can choose to help just those within reach after helping ourselves or during and thus those who choose this are already part of a united humanity that has existed since the inception of our species for if there had also not been cooperation, agreement, understanding, and, at times peace, then we would not have survived as a species at all.

Edited by Rosewin

Can't wait....

this point is interesing in that Stephen Hawking recently made a comment about how an alien civilisation would most likely to be hostile if they come in contact with us.

What makes you think it can be united??? Just because we're sentient and intelligent, we're still animals.

Herding cats would be easier.

Look up Project Bluebeam.

Why should we look up a conspiracy theory and how does a myth enable the uniting of humanity?

For those unfamiliar with Project Bluebeam, it was first appeared on the internet some 15 years ago if I remember rightly. Supposed a project that will result in a one world government, a one world army, and a one world religion. [sarcasm]As you can see we are nearly there[/sarcasm]. It's your basic NWO conspiracy theory.

@rosewin: of course I meant a real one, that way only half of UM will attempt to denounce it as a hoax!

@zoombie: I agree with hawking there: any other race we meet out there will , like ourselves, be the top of their own worlds food chain, we're going to be running into the best evolution could come up with, and they won't have gotten there by being nice. They may have worked out that later but we can't rely on it. I know it's incorrect to say we are the pinnacle of evolution, because playing the game changes the rules, but humans are brilliant predators and very versatile , which is what has given us the opportunity and technology to start reaching out into space, and we can't expect aliens to be anything less. Evolution gets to play a whole new game when the competition for finite resources goes interstellar.

The best of each planet get to go head to head and the winner will be the last one served!

@emma acid; true, though we had a colliecross that tried tofollow her instinct and herd cats(we don't own sheep!). Not a game they were interested in!

What are some ways you believe could unite humanity?

Only beauty :)

• 4 weeks later...

What are some ways you believe could unite humanity? I think for starters we should try and just be human,

you could start by the US (& UK) stopping invading other countries, so Iran may have WOMD, who gave the west the right to say who has nukes? who gave US permission? Im not saying its right for somewhere like Iran to have nukes, but they have as much global right as anyone else on the planet (stupid as the idea is). If Islamic countries want to marry 12 year old girls... hey Its THEIR country!! NOT a part of the US. Let people live their own lives, I dont agree with them but I also dont rule their country!!!

It doesnt' have to be war but a crisis, and the crisis must have very dire consequences such as an upcoming asteriod collision or other potential extinction event. When survival is at risk, then people unite weather it be war with ET. or asteriod, or large lunatic cult, or large solar flare (which is a big possibility in the upcoming three years).

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/37183/

What are some ways you believe could unite humanity? I think for starters we should try and just be human, not by reading a book which tells us the best way to be a human, not by trying to find the best system for all humans to go by, no, by simply communing, which basically means to not just communicate but understand as well, which leads to acceptance of others. That was rather general so anything more specific would be welcomed and reading books (regardless of genre) and trying to live by your own system which works for you is always recommended as well.

Don't mean to be depressing, but nothing can or ever will unite humanity. Maybe for the exception of the end of humanity. We will all be united then eh

Aliens that don't come in peace is at the top of the list.

Don't mean to be depressing, but nothing can or ever will unite humanity. Maybe for the exception of the end of humanity. We will all be united then eh

Actually, when it's us against another species we'd be too busy fighting that species to kill one another. If we win against the aliens we might start killing each other again, but we would be doing so after having united together.

What makes you think it can be united??? Just because we're sentient and intelligent, we're still animals.

There will always be some who have no desire to united. Some want to live like animals. Its a part of the world. Light and Dark

If something happens that wipes out most of humanity the left overs will maybe have a chance for such a thing. But I still think there will be some who rather be "dark" so to speak.

yup, we're animals.. with one powerful and divisive difference... BIG egos! ... so, we feel a need to be better, more important, prettier, stronger/more powerful!!!!!! richer, whateverer... As long as we perceive ourselves ,and all other life for that matter, as being SEPARATE .. we will be in conflict. . .?

* edit to add, after further reflection :lol: , We seem to be able to except the idea that all energy/matter emerged from one singularity .... well, is life energy? see? it's 'still' all parts of a whole?... that's how i think anyway .

Edited by lightly

This was also the plot of the "Watchmen" movie (havent read the original graphic novel), Dr Manhattan became the common enemy that united the USA and USSR, ending the cold war. I can't really imagining it any other way, say someone had something another person wanted and the world was united and peaceful with no weapons, I'm sure that other person would be greedy and create weapons if necessary to take it from the other person. There will never be total harmony