Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things can get worse

Grandpa Greenman

By Joshua Schneyer

updated 12:46 p.m. ET, Sun., May 16, 2010

NEW YORK - BP's oil spill could make for one of the highest-stakes U.S. Gulf hurricane seasons on record.

Storms could scuttle cleanup efforts, force containment vessels to retreat, or propel spilled crude and tar balls over vast expanses of sea and beach.

Meteorologists say that climate conditions are ripe for an unusually destructive hurricane season, the storm-prone period that runs from June 1 to the end of November in the Gulf. Oceanographers say that could hurt the clean-up.

arrow3.gifRead more...

We start Hurricane season in two weeks. I don't what to think about what is going to happen if hurricane enters in the mix. :blink:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Greenman

• Princess Serenity

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it could with the oil spill. But we'll have to see. My state hasn't gotten hit since that one hurricane flooded Baltimore City. (I don't recall the name of it. Though I do miss the hurricanes.) *Shrugs*

Well it could with the oil spill. But we'll have to see. My state hasn't gotten hit since that one hurricane flooded Baltimore City. (I don't recall the name of it. Though I do miss the hurricanes.) *Shrugs*

Tropical Storm Isabel 2003? I don't know I could skip hurricane season. I don't mind the thunderstorms, but I'll pass on the hurricanes.

Tropical Storm Isabel 2003? I don't know I could skip hurricane season. I don't mind the thunderstorms, but I'll pass on the hurricanes.

I think so. I don't remember a hurricane hitting my state after that. Though the flooding of the Inner Harbor and the Eastern Shore was pretty cool. Because I've never seen the Inner Harbor flood like that before. It wasn't that much water though. A restaurant on the Eastern Shore has a mark where the water came up to the stairs.

I don't mind the storm all together. I just don't like the power going out.

Edited by Moon Princess