Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenmansGod

'Hell of a year' for hurricanes, expert warns

11 posts in this topic

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - The threat of an above-average 2010 Atlantic hurricane season has increased over the last month and it now promises to be "very active," a leading forecaster said Wednesday. The warning comes as the season also sees an unusual factor added to the mix: the Gulf oil disaster.

William Gray, the hurricane forecast pioneer who founded Colorado State University's respected storm research team, said CSU would ramp up their prediction for the 2010 season in a report due out on June 2.

"The numbers are going to go up quite high," Gray said. "This looks like a hell of a year.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I think I am going to put up shutters and hide under the bed.

Sounds like a 'Level 3 Shitikane'

Bud.

Heard about this on CNN. They're guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-7 major hurricanes this year compared to the normal 1-2 range. Not to mention all the pollution that those hurricanes will carry due to the spill. A lot of things will die this year.

Posted (edited)

We are living in the End Times. *SNIP*

Edited by Lilly
removed preaching

UM rules:

2j. Preaching: Do not use the site to promote or 'preach' your own religious beliefs to other members.

My impression is that these hurricane predictions have little predictive validity. They always seem to amend them half way through the hurricane season.

I can't imagine what a hurricane would do to the BP oil spill.

My impression is that these hurricane predictions have little predictive validity. They always seem to amend them half way through the hurricane season.

I can't imagine what a hurricane would do to the BP oil spill.

Forecasting is by definition, incorrect. And yet we try to forecast everything. As more data becomes available and closer to events forecasted, it is only prudent to update the forecast.

I think I remember reading that after the last couple of hurricanes, it was shown that they dredge up huge amounts of stuff from deep in the ocean bringing it to the surface. Can you imagine this, the deep water oil slicks that are in the gulf being dredged up and flung hundreds of miles inland as a light sheen of oil and water? The effects that would have on the environment and wildlife?

Lets not forget about the hundreds of thousands of gallons of the dispersant COREX-it being used. The stuff is supposedly some of the most toxic stuff ever made.....The abnormally warm water, which is being further heated by the oil itself due to its color, makes it didfficult for the dispersant to go into its molecular change.....I just cant imagine how weird this oil and dispersant would make a large hurricane.....could quite possibly be the most toxic weather humans have ever seen.....strange times we're living in.....

After Katrina, every season has been proclaimed as an awful one for hurricanes. Odd, but they never were right.

although i dont beleive in these kinds of predictions cause half of them dont happen we are living in the end of times

I dont believe in armageddon scenarios....but this BETTER be a turning point in our history or at least a landmark event to propel us towards better and safer energies......drilling for a volitaile substance miles offshore under a mile of water in an enviromentally fragile area that is hurricane prone.....is it me or does that whole scenario just seem like an obvious case of "rolling the dice?".....we're shooting ourselves in the foot folks.......