Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trail Camera Pictures

Sakari

post-41803-0-87728800-1356904130_thumb.j

Very nice pics. :tu:

down in the south we have crows.. here in alaska we have ravens. can someone please tell me what the difference is?

down in the south we have crows.. here in alaska we have ravens. can someone please tell me what the difference is?

LOL...

Nevada we had Mountain Lions, Florida Pumas, Oregon Cougars.......All the same..

I think a Raven is bigger then a Crow, they are different.....I might have that backwards.

Ask around about how the Eagles eat the Seagulls there....Had some fishing buddies from there, crazy stories.....

• Like 1

So I took a hike out at Antelope island yesterday, here are some of the things I saw.

A small group of bison I woke up just after sunrise.

post-41803-0-74678300-1356899887_thumb.j

Bison are not native to this island, but they were native to the surrounding Salt Lake valley.

A wise rancher who owned the island (in the late 1800's) planted them here because he thought they where going to go extinct. This heard has since been used to reintroduce bison into their former ranges around the west and mid west.

Very cool as usual, evancj! I only counted 4 deer, I'll have to look again. Found the porcupine.

How far were you from the bison? They had you in their sights! Such powerful animals. They deserve the name "beast", imo.

My husband recently came back from Edmonton. The ravens were huge, we are used to crows. He kept trying to get a picture of the one that kept landing repeatedly on the hood of their stationary car, but every time he tried the driver would shoo it off. He got so mad, but said it was pretty funny, the driver yelling at the raven and my husband yelling at the driver.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Ravens are a lot bigger. Look at the beaks, ravens have a much more robust beak than a crows. Raven vocalizations are much more coarse/croaky than crows. Ravens are associated more with wilderness/wild lands, crows are more associated with farm land, suburban, and urban areas.

• Like 1

Very cool as usual, evancj! I only counted 4 deer, I'll have to look again. Found the porcupine.

How far were you from the bison? They had you in their sights! Such powerful animals. They deserve the name "beast", imo.

Not far, maybe between 25 to 100 meters. That first group was on the other side of the ridge that I photographed them on. As I topped the ridge they were about 25 meters down slope laying in the snow. They started getting up and I back peddled pretty quick the way I came. They topped the ridged looked at me and proceeded to move up to higher ground.

They are like moose they have no fear of people, just as long as you give them respect and space they don't show much interest in people and get on with doing their own thing.

• Like 1

Not far, maybe between 25 to 100 meters. That first group was on the other side of the ridge that I photographed them on. As I topped the ridge they were about 25 meters down slope laying in the snow. They started getting up and I back peddled pretty quick the way I came. They topped the ridged looked at me and proceeded to move up to higher ground.

They are like moose they have no fear of people, just as long as you give them respect and space they don't show much interest in people and get on with doing their own thing.

I still consider that very brave of you!

I'm definately following this--great topic, Sakari. Love your pictures, evancj. I love seeing the coons, fox, yotes, deer, & elk that you are all catching on camera. I should save up for a trail cam. I would love to see the foxes that I hear yipping and screaming (they make the weirdest noises, especially in January and February) in my valley just below my house. Keep this thread alive, and thanks!

• Like 3

I'm glad we get to enjoy the fruits of your stupidity! :P

I'm glad at least someone can take some joy in my potential death and or dismemberment. :yes:

• Like 3

I'm definately following this--great topic, Sakari. Love your pictures, evancj. I love seeing the coons, fox, yotes, deer, & elk that you are all catching on camera. I should save up for a trail cam. I would love to see the foxes that I hear yipping and screaming (they make the weirdest noises, especially in January and February) in my valley just below my house. Keep this thread alive, and thanks!

Welcome Catti,

Welcome to UM. Thank you for the nice comment. I would love to see some photos from your neck of the woods Pennsylvania is a very beautiful place. We don't care if they are from a trail camera or not, so post em if you got um.

I decided to go up to the foothills above my house today to see what I could see. I apologize for the low quality photos but if was getting dark when I took these.

Some nice bucks, a 4 point, and a 2 point.

post-41803-0-48540100-1357090086_thumb.j

• Like 2

A couple of large bull elk up on the mountain side, it was pretty much dark when I saw these guys so the photo is not that great.

post-41803-0-94842800-1357090475_thumb.j

• Like 4

Evancj :nw::tsu:

I really need to get out more.