Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could there be ghosts in this picture i took

Lurking_in_the_shadows

Ok there is this old abandonded house i ride by everyday, and whenever i go by it i get this really damn odd feeling. So here is a picture of the house and if you look in the right top window you can see a woman.

post-10-1089312379.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lurking_in_the_shadows

• hunterkiller2001

• earthygirl04

• smallpackage

the right one, I have posted this picture on another forum that i am a member of and someone pointed out that there is a woman in the top right window. I must be loosing my marbles blink.gif

what ever is in the window doesnt look like a women just a glare in the window

Looks like a glare, or maybe a curtain in the window.

probably is a glare.. A few people said that a lady died in that house, but who knows.

but i will sya this. if u look closly at the curtains behind the right window they look like the curtains in the left window but they look kind of like they are being moved to the left as if someone one was peeking out from behind them.

I used to work in a haunted building, and I took several pictures of it. I can see shapes that appear to be human faces, and my coworkers and friends agree. I would not post them here, though, because they are hard to see and I don't think they would show up very well. I can see them when they are printed out, or when examine them very closely on my computer.

There are a few other pictures with very visible orbs, but orbs are, in my opinion, too easily explained by being particles of dust. With the extreme paranormal activity that occured in the building, I would say that it could be dust, but it could also be orbs. My camera doesn't usually pick up orbs. They only showed up in parts of the building that the activity occurred.

Also i do have more pictures of this house, if that was a woman in the window or a glare it didn't show up in the next picture i took.....the only way to find out if it is haunted is to go inside huh.gif

Edited by Lurking_in_the_shadows

I see nothing, unfortunately. The "ghosts pulling the curtain back" I can't even really pick out. Why don't you go stop at the house and study the same window for a while before drawing assumptions about a single picture?

Sorry I can't see anything in the top right window but I do see what looks like a showdow in the left top window. If that's any consolodation.

I can't see anything either. Looking at that house though, it's not surprising you feel uneasy going past there, it looks damn creepy! Doesn't mean it's haunted though but I reckon you should try to find a bit out about the place. Maybe there is a reason why the place has remained vacant and unkempt. Perhaps there are good reasons why no one would want to live there apart from the state of the place.

It does look creepy doesn't it?! But OreoSuicide, has a good idea. Why not check with some of the older people that live nearby. Maybe they can tell you who owns / owned it. Usually someone is willing to talk about what they know of a place. Especially if there is a good story behind it!! thumbsup.gif

The people that own the house live about 30 ft down the road. One of these days im gonna catch the guy outside and ask him for the story on it. But my friend said that an old couple used to live there and the mans wife died of cancer, but i can't believe what she says, i need to hear the story from the owners. It gets really spooky when i ride my bike by there at night (around 9PM) blink.gif

I can't wait to hear what the owners say about it!! Keep us posted!! thumbsup.gif

Ummmm I just don't see it I kinda see a glare it looks like. But I don't really see a women. That house sure does look somewhat haunted youknow like the houses in the scary movies.

Ok, as soon as i saw shadow's picture.. i saw the woman.. didn't need to read to find her or anything..

and for the 5th or 6th time, i got the feeling to run this image through some programs and see what's hidden beneath.

user posted image

this is a blow up of the area in question, swapped the red and green channels (meaning, just swapped all red color for green, and vise versa)

yep.. i still see it..

in case you don't..

user posted image

with that said, i moved on to find out what i was seeing.

user posted image

after a quick color swap... I don't see it anymore. all i see is a broken area of the window, where some disresectful little twit put a rock through the window (all apologizes shadow, if it was you)

I still see the vertical streak that accented the figure, but i see nothing else.

After going back to the original image, (the second I've posted) I decided to try a Photoshop filter called "Trace contour" It basically highlights objects at a certain focal length.

after focusing on the "subject" i came up with

user posted image

Well.. now is see something, that looks somewhat like a human face, halfway hidden in shadow. (at least through this filter)

so i decided a control image. (this is creepier then the pic of the house)

user posted image

I added shadows, and blured her a bit to compensate for the distance/glass..

user posted image

THAT looks like a human face!

Whatever is in the window... isn't the shade of a human. glare dirt, swamp gas.. venus.. call it what you will.. but it's no ghost.

Edited by hunterkiller2001

That was pretty neat. The original picture was creepy Lurking in the Shadows but so was your control picture Hunter. Very cool.

Dot

ohmy.gifOk, now that was Cool!!! Your really good at seaching deep into a picture hunterkiller2001!! Very interesting!! grin2.gif

I should be Earthygirl.. I've been a graphic artist by trade for a few years.. going to college next month to learn 3d animation in it's fullest.

Then hopefully, i can get a decent paying job, making video games...

btw earthygirl, welcome to the forums thumbsup.gif

Edited by hunterkiller2001

I actually DID see something in the first picture - in the right top window, at the bottom right corner of the window pane - there was a "face" type thing - But ya - it COULD just be glare - though I could see the face AND the neckline of a dress....

rolleyes.gif Ok, it was prolly just glare! grin2.gif

wildrosetc

actually, look at the blow up image i posted..

the "face" is just a piece of window thats missing

granted, that piece of missing glass is shaped just like a human head..

Maybe we have a case of glass people!

this is rather odd.. *shoots self in foot*

I was so focused on the figure I saw in the upper half of the window, that i didn't trace for the "head & neckline" that wildrosetc saw..

when i run it through the same filter, and focus on that "hole" i get something kinda odd..

attached..

post-10-1089499615.jpg