Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The children who really do see dead people

Still Waters

Some children can hear, feel, and see spirits. Growing up can be difficult enough on a child, then when others don't understand or believe what they experience, it's really hard.

Some children can hear, feel, and see spirits. Growing up can be difficult enough on a child, then when others don't understand or believe what they experience, it's really hard.

Its really hard having people believe that kids can see all this, but then it Magically goes away once they grow up.

This sounds like a Disney movie, where some "special" people remember how to Feel them again when theyre older.

Not evveryone who sees things, has a mental disorder.

Yes they do. :angry: According to some people that hang in the UFO section, anyway. ^_^

Edited by Sweetpumper

When my daughter was 4, I took the family to visit the "Oregon Vortex" and the "House of Mystery." As we were walking through the pathways and across the river, my daughter said "Look Daddy!" I turned around and to my absolute amazement saw nothing. I asked what she was looking at to which she replied "faires." When I asked her what they were doing and what they looked like, she said that they were pink and purple and jumping in and out of the water.

Throughout the little tour my wife, eldest daughter and I snapped off pictures with two camera phones and an expensive Fuji digital camera as only annoying tourists could. Afterward, we were all astonished at what we had seen on the screens. Notice I say plural screens. In all three devices, which had captured the same areas at different angles and consequently the light from the noon sun at different angles, the exact same swirling patterns of pink and purple lights appeared. Not fog. Not a haze, but as if someone had left a time exposed camera operating with the shutter open and then walked around trees, in and out of the stream and under the eves of the House of Mystery with pink and purple glow sticks. Right then I knew what was up...

http://oregonvortex.com/

When my daughter was 4, I took the family to visit the "Oregon Vortex" and the "House of Mystery." As we were walking through the pathways and across the river, my daughter said "Look Daddy!" I turned around and to my absolute amazement saw nothing. I asked what she was looking at to which she replied "faires." When I asked her what they were doing and what they looked like, she said that they were pink and purple and jumping in and out of the water.

Throughout the little tour my wife, eldest daughter and I snapped off pictures with two camera phones and an expensive Fuji digital camera as only annoying tourists could. Afterward, we were all astonished at what we had seen on the screens. Notice I say plural screens. In all three devices, which had captured the same areas at different angles and consequently the light from the noon sun at different angles, the exact same swirling patterns of pink and purple lights appeared. Not fog. Not a haze, but as if someone had left a time exposed camera operating with the shutter open and then walked around trees, in and out of the stream and under the eves of the House of Mystery with pink and purple glow sticks. Right then I knew what was up...

http://oregonvortex.com/

Well, i know whats up too. Fairies arent real.

And where are the pics? If its the ones i the site, i see nothing at all.

There are mental disorders that one needs to be aware of. There is also legitimate abilities.For some (like me) the seeing doesn't go away. I think most of us are too wrapped up in the physical world as we get older to be in tune with the higher energy level, our higher self and the world of the spirit. Even the most skeptical person has trouble explaining how a real psychic medium for instance can be so accurate about someone they know nothing about.

There are mental disorders that one needs to be aware of. There is also legitimate abilities.For some (like me) the seeing doesn't go away. I think most of us are too wrapped up in the physical world as we get older to be in tune with the higher energy level, our higher self and the world of the spirit. Even the most skeptical person has trouble explaining how a real psychic medium for instance can be so accurate about someone they know nothing about.

There are NO legit abilities. If there were, then it would be a fact. World Wide. And as of right now, its not. Sorry.

And skeptics have no trouble explaining people claiming to be 'psychic'.

And the energy level idea is made up as well.

Hey, I saw things as a kid, and I to this day don't have any mental disorder or shizophrenia, I've even had SPECT scan done, to test for such (which were to test my chronic headaches at that time). Not evveryone who sees things, has a mental disorder.

Sorry but a SPECT scan does not tell you if you have a mental disorder which schizophrenia falls into that category so I'm not sure why you stated disorder or schizophrenia.

Although knowledge is increasing regarding specific pathways and specific brain areas involved in mental disease states, at present the use of brain imaging to study psychiatric disorders is still considered a research tool. . . . . Particular caveats are indicated with regard to brain imaging involving radioactive nucleotides for children and adolescents because of children’s known greater sensitivity to radiation and risk of radiation induced-cancer. At the present time, the available evidence does not support the use brain imaging for clinical diagnosis or treatment of psychiatric disorders in children and adolescents.

The APA's Psychiatric Evaluation of Adults Guideline (2006) states:

In patients with schizophrenia and mood and anxiety disorders, structural and functional neuroimaging studies have reported differences between patients and healthy control persons as well as differences in some patient subgroups and in responders and nonresponders to some treatments. Nevertheless, the clinical utility of neuroimaging techniques for planning of individualized treatment has not yet been shown. Further research is needed to demonstrate a clinical role for structural and functional neuroimaging in establishing psychiatric diagnoses, monitoring illness progression, and predicting prognoses.

Source

Welcome to UM.

A true skeptic will have no trouble finding explanations for everything. I find it best to support their way of being as the true blessing that it is. We do live in a free choice culture where all points of view are acceptable to me.

On the other hand, my points of view are seldom considered valid by the true skeptic. You may discover that this will also true for you, especially if you are a sensitive where "the seeing doesn't go away".

My suggestion is, do not waste your energies trying to explain what another does not wish to understand. The sooner you can appreciate this the more fun you can have discussing these topics with members of mutual insight and interest.

John

I've seen a lot when I was a kid too. I had one follow me till I was 15 yrs old. I still see them every now and then to this day.

I remember when my little sister was 3, my mum went the toilet and there was loads of pictures on the wall drawn on with crayons. So my mum gave my sister a little telling off and she said that it wasn't her who did it, it was Ellie. My mum asked who Ellie is and she said the little girl with the blue lips.

That freaked my mum right out.

Edited by Scouser

well, for one, the believer is Already biased, so they would come to that conclusion. the non believer wouldnt claim a hallucination, if they experienced it they would either be a believer, or try to deduce what it was using logic first, and examining why something happened and taking all things into account. and possibly give a more down to earth explanation.

The non-believer is also already biased.

Nope.

Nope.

Yes.

How sad that you see bias in others and cannot see that you have any.

Oh, and simply refusing to acknowledge your own bias does not make it any less real.

Edited by pendora

Yes.

Oh, and simply refusing to acknowledge your own bias does not make it any less real.

I dont have any.

But what bias do you believe i have? Based on the absolute lack of any knowledge you have of me?

I dont have any.

But what bias do you believe i have? Based on the absolute lack of any knowledge you have of me?

Like I said, non-belief has its own biases. Your little "nope" doesn't change that.

I don't have to know you. Reading your posts shows it clearly.

Have a nice night Mulder.

Like I said, non-belief has its own biases. Your little "nope" doesn't change that.

I don't have to know you. Reading your posts shows it clearly.

Have a nice night Mulder.

Ah, a very nice cop out.

Youve read little of my posts, otherwise you wouldnt have bothered to spew out what you did. Nice job.

A non believer, or someone nuetral, has no bias here. Accept it.

Even the most skeptical person has trouble explaining how a real psychic medium for instance can be so accurate about someone they know nothing about.

I would like to see accuracy under scientific protocol. Its never happened yet, and I won't hold my breath.

Yes.

What you see as bias is people waiting for evidence and proof. Bias would be saying "No it cant be true! You cant change my mind! Meh!"

I don't believe, but proof would change my mind. Not anecdotal proof either. Such as stories from others, or TV shows with spooky music in the background.

skeptics are not "non-believers", they are more "truth-seekers". i doubt skeptics would be on this website/forum if all they wanted to do was troll posters and forum members (and i've never seen that done here by any of the more active skeptic posters). most of whom are NOT so biased as to say "there is not a possibility for paranormal". we just don't openly bend over and accept every account from every tom, dick, and harry and require so undeniable evidence. by finding rational and logical explanations for "paranormal" things, is only a process of elimination to find that one thing that leaves one scratching their head wondering whatACTUALLY was that.

i'd venture out on a limb and say, most skeptics here require more proof than some scary story someone told, or some photograph that was edited with photoshop (or that *** iphone app), or some over the top tv show with crappy acting.

Psychic experiences are a very subjective thing.

A child sees a ghost. There is no way to prove that.

I see a ghost and there is no way to prove it.

I know what I see.

The skeptics can remain skeptical. That doesn't change the experience of seeing / hearing / sensing it.

They can call it whatever they want and convince themselves it was nothing but a physiological response or an halluciation or whatever.

To ask for proof on a subjective experience is absurd.

Psychic experiences are a very subjective thing.

A child sees a ghost. There is no way to prove that.

I see a ghost and there is no way to prove it.

I know what I see.

The skeptics can remain skeptical. That doesn't change the experience of seeing / hearing / sensing it.

They can call it whatever they want and convince themselves it was nothing but a physiological response or an halluciation or whatever.

To ask for proof on a subjective experience is absurd.

I disagree. If a person is making a claim, there is nothing wrong with asking for some type of verification. If I saw something like that, I would do everything in my power to prove it real. It would be the greatest thing imaginable.

I disagree. If a person is making a claim, there is nothing wrong with asking for some type of verification. If I saw something like that, I would do everything in my power to prove it real. It would be the greatest thing imaginable.

I've been a psychic medium all my life. I'm 52. That's a long time and a lot of experiences.

What makes you think I wouldn't LOVE to prove what I see / hear / feel ??

I'd love to produce "proof" for the existence of life after death.

It's just not possible with things like seeing spirits.

If one person sees a unicorn, few would believe him. If two people see the unicorn, the validity grows.

I can't share what I see. I can only describe it.

Edited by pendora

I've been a psychic medium all my life. I'm 52. That's a long time and a lot of experiences.

If one person sees a unicorn, few would believe him. If two people see the unicorn, the validity grows.

What abilities do you have?

Why not submit your alleged abilites to a universtiy for testing? If there is something real, I would feel confident they would be able to prove it.

FYI. Talking to spirtis and getting info that you would never normally have. I would at least try.