Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayan Cycle To End In 2012

News-Bot

The Long Count, the 5,200-year cycle of creation and destruction calculated by the Maya, the great astronomers and timekeepers who built this city 1,600 years ago, comes to a close on the winter solstice in 2012.

It is probably not the end of the world. But it might be, says José Argüelles, president of the Foundation for the Law of Time.

Born in Mexico in 1939, Mr. Argüelles brought the world the Harmonic Convergence, with simultaneous gatherings in 1987 of New Age tribes in places from the pyramids of Giza to Central Park, which aimed to save the world from destruction in 2012. He says it is high time to overthrow the Christian calendar, based on the sun, and to replace it with a 13-month, 28-day calendar, based on the moon and the Maya.

[ Click Here To View The Full Article ]

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• Homer

• Mystify

• News-Bot

I have heard similar things and theories based on such findings by Graham Hancock (whose work some of you dislike/disagree with etc.) but it's an interesting theory nonetheless... especially when you couple it with a possible magnetic pole reversal etc...

My advice is to do what you have to do before that date.... the s**t just might hit the fan....

huh.gifblink.gif

well.... I highly doubt anything will hit the fan.... but mother nature itself might must pull of another stunt... you never know.... but I admit it's a fascinating theory and we all might as well do everything we've always wanted too before that date anyways.... atleast something will get accomplished.

---Mys

Here's an update on this story:

Some people believe the ancient Mayan calendar suggests the end of the world will come on Dec. 21, 2012.

But University of Alabama professor Enrique Gomez is not among them.

“The world won’t end in 2012," laughed Gomez, who teaches in UA’s astronomy and physics department. “I can assure you of that."

Gomez, a native of Mexico City, said he is much more interested in Mayan culture and how the Maya wove together ideas about creationism, astronomy and their calendar into a narrative about their view of the world.

[ Click Here To View The Full Article ]

To be precise, I would think it would end

on 12/20 then it would be the same

numbers reversed. wacko.gif

Guest somsale

It is 100 % true that the world will end.

There are many proofs to prove it.

please i ask everybody that you belive it and i have personally time traveled and hit 2012 barrier .

The time machine i brought through internet..

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Do they ship UPS or does it just suddenly appear out of nowhere? wacko.gif

Lord. tongue.gif

haha that's funny!

Time travelled to the 2012 barrier....

well... that's it.... this forum has seen it all :-)

Don't laugh because I was with somsale when we travelled to 2012. But don't worry, because our genetic masters from Planet X will come and rescue us 5 seconds before it all ends. But since these cosmic disturbances will affect more than earth, our masters will create this worm hole that will send us to another universe, and when we get to that other universe, we will be enslaved by the Lizard type aliens...

**gets ass kicked by every member of the forum**

OUCH!! Ok ok, it's nothing but a bunch of bull, now get off me!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Quick find a virgin for sacrifice.

I don't know if I believe whole heartedly in this, just like the mellenium didn't pan out.

well... that's it.... this forum has seen it all :-)

Hell, Myst, that's just the tip of the iceberg as concerns outrageous claims and pronouncements. wacko.gif

We've been pretty lucky. I think the truly loony shy away once they see the intolerance we have for the absurd and ridiculous. Hope I haven't jinxed anything, but then again I'm not worried. tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif I want one then where was it Ebay?

Don't laugh because I was with somsale when we travelled to 2012. But don't worry, because our genetic masters from Planet X will come and rescue us 5 seconds before it all ends. But since these cosmic disturbances will affect more than earth, our masters will create this worm hole that will send us to another universe, and when we get to that other universe, we will be enslaved by the Lizard type aliens...

You've been talking to David Icke again haven't you???

Ok Homer the men in the white suits will be here with your medication soon biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

I think the truly loony shy away

Hmmmm MM on that I will not say a word tongue.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif