Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

Weird.

My post #9613

I haven't checked it - I just went to open up the Oera Linda book site on angelfire and this message came up on my computer:

This website has been reported as unsafe

oeralinda.angelfire.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.

Go to my home page instead

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information

Just in case any of you try to open it, I have had that warning for some unknown reason.

Puzz, I think you use Windows7 and IE9, and most probably a new update for IE9 has been installed on your computer.

Go to Tools > Internet Options > and so on. Check if the settings of your browse history ( >> Cookies) have been reset after the update. If so, set it back to how it was.

I can again visit the angelfire site: http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/

Edited by Abramelin

Puzz, I think you use Windows7 and IE9, and most probably a new update for IE9 has been installed on your computer.

Go to Tools > Internet Options > and so on. Check if the settings of your browse history ( >> Cookies) have been reset after the update. If so, set it back to how it was.

I can again visit the angelfire site: http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/

I do use Windows 7, probably IE9, ok, I'll check it out, thanks.

EDIT: When I open it now,(the link you gave) I didn't change anything - it says pdf - download in a big green box...?

Edited by The Puzzler

Try blocking pop-ups ("Tools" again).

I don't see that notification about a pdf or green box.

There you go then. That is what I think too.

JRTHA BÀRDE ... ALLET DJARA KWIK ÀND ALLE.T ÀRGE KWIK

The Earth made all dear/good (living -things everything/alive - sudden life) and all bad (living everything - life).

That is what I'd generally put for a translation to this particular part.

Kwik is a general term for animals, which are divided in useful (djara) and not useful (arge).

IN THE YEAR ONE THOUSAND AND FIVE AFTER ATLAND WAS SUBMERGED, THIS WAS INSCRIBED ON THE EASTERN WALL OF FRYASBURGT.

Fon thisse kêning is hyr en skryver aefterbilêwen fon rên Fryas blod, baern to thêre nêie have fon Athênia aend hwat hyr folgath het er vs fon ovir Athênia skrêven, thêrut mêi maen bisluta ho wêr thja Moder Hel-licht sproken heth, thâ hja sêide thaet Fryas sêda to Athênia nên stand holde ne kvste.

Van deze koning is hier een schrijver achter(ge)bleven van rein Fryas blood, (ge)boren in de nieuwe haven van Athenia en wat hier volgt heeft'r ons over Athenia geschreven, daaruit mag men besluiten hoe waar de Moeder Hel-licht gesproken heeft, daar zij zeide dat Fryas zeden tot Athenia niet stand houden aan de kusten.

There was left behind by this king a writer of pure Frya’s blood, born in the new harbour of Athens, who wrote for us what follows about Athens, from which may be seen how truly the mother Hel-licht spoke when she said that the customs of Frya could never take firm hold in Athens.

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/

It is suggested that "Hel-licht" is a personal name, but it must mean nothing but "bright light", like the mother spoke the clear bright truth or something.

It is suggested that "Hel-licht" is a personal name, but it must mean nothing but "bright light", like the mother spoke the clear bright truth or something.

Both interpretations are valid.

This is no deviation of the thread, Lilthor, it fits perfectly.. think "OLB citadels".

Most of these burchts started as a defence against the water (river and/or sea) and the invading Vikings. At first they were nothing but a ringed wall made of clay and stones and a mound with people living inside the ring or right outside it. Later on a kind of (wooden) watchtower was erected on the edge of the ring, and the last stage was known as a motte-and-bailey castle made from brick with a moat around it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burcht_van_Leiden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motte-and-bailey_castle

600px-Evolusie_van_motte_noar_stad.jpg

And these structures are never older than maybe a 1000-1200 years.

They have done extensive research in many of these socalled "vliedburchts" or "vliedbergs" (refuge mounds) in many places in The Netherlands.

A good way to search for these structures online is by using "ringwalburcht" :

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&safe=off&q=ringwalburcht&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1008&bih=527&wrapid=tlif132740129475410&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=UokeT_G2I8fsOfqrnasO

afb.52kl.gif

When you enter that word in this thread (or motte or or only ringwall) you will find where we discussed this.

+++

EDIT:

Oh, and archeologists did dig to the bottom of the remnants of those structures.

The oldest ones started as nothing but 'terps' (artificial mounds).

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vliedberg

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijst_van_vliedbergen

'Terp' sounds familiar. 'tEurp we say when talking about our 'Dorp', village.

Seems logical to me that this has become the center of the village.

Er-Op: Aarde, Clay (Er) Op

BTW: Flanders (Vlaanderen) is said to come also from Vlye-Landers (Vloeien/Vlieën).

Abramelin: with your knowledge ... did you come across the meaning of land coming from 'to land'?

Land(ers) could be interpreted as "the people that landed on the shore (where you 'land')"

For the dutch-language readers (sorry, no time to translate yet), here's a relevant chapter from:

Friesche Oudheden ~ Afbeeldingen van Merkwaardige Voorwerpen van Wetenschap en Kunst, gevonden in de Archieven, Kerken, Kasteelen, Terpen enz. van Friesland.

Published by the Friesch Genootschap (1875).

Page 48-50

http://images.tresoar.nl/wumkes/pdf/Friesche_Oudheden.pdf

friescheoudhedenOLB1875_1.jpg

(part left out by me)

friescheoudhedenOLB1875_2.jpg

friescheoudhedenOLB1875_3.jpg

BTW, the preceding chapter ("De Staf- of Runenkalender") is very interesting too...

Edited by Otharus

'Terp' sounds familiar. 'tEurp we say when talking about our 'Dorp', village.

Seems logical to me that this has become the center of the village.

Er-Op: Aarde, Clay (Er) Op

BTW: Flanders (Vlaanderen) is said to come also from Vlye-Landers (Vloeien/Vlieën).

Abramelin: with your knowledge ... did you come across the meaning of land coming from 'to land'?

Land(ers) could be interpreted as "the people that landed on the shore (where you 'land')"

Based on my "knowledge", I'd advise you to go study linguistics, or just read up upon it.

What you are doing now is near to what a simpleton would come up with.

And I don't think you are a simpleton.

But yeah, "dorp" is etymologically linked to "terp".

'tEurp sounds like the word Europe to me.

Europe may have been so named because it was a land of terp buildings, which is a Frisian word for 'village' basically. The land of villages/terps.

:w00t:

I'm quite serious.

-------------------------

When Flandria appeared in the 8th century, it was a Frankish fief centred on Bruges. The region's name is thought to derive from the Old Low German word flauma, which means flooded land.[4] Originally this referred to the polders surrounding Bruges and dates from a period before the counts of Flanders expanded their territory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanders

------------------------

Edited by The Puzzler

This sounds an interesting group to join, the Frisian Archaeology group for amateur archaeologist interest.

http://argyf.fryske-akademy.eu/wf/argeologysk-wurkferban/archeology

I found their rule rather 'odd' though:

Rules of conduct

The law of monuments is clear: "It is forbidden to do digging that has the aim to discover or to research (ancient) monuments".

:ph34r:

I agree and her name probably did mean 'bright light'.

'tEurp sounds like the word Europe to me.

Europe may have been so named because it was a land of terp buildings, which is a Frisian word for 'village' basically. The land of villages/terps.

:w00t:

I'm quite serious.

-------------------------

When Flandria appeared in the 8th century, it was a Frankish fief centred on Bruges. The region's name is thought to derive from the Old Low German word flauma, which means flooded land.[4] Originally this referred to the polders surrounding Bruges and dates from a period before the counts of Flanders expanded their territory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanders

------------------------

Maybe you would like to consider the word "twerp" too?

It sounds perfectly the same as "tEurp".

I'm NOT quite serious, btw.

Really?

I don't think they both are.

Read the episode, and it will be clear as daylight that the suggested name of the mother, "Hel-licht" is not a personal name at all.

Maybe you would like to consider the word "twerp" too?

It sounds perfectly the same as "tEurp".

I'm NOT quite serious, btw.

Do you have a better reason Europe is so named?

Yeah Europa, right. And Europa would have equalled 'a village or town' imo, being taken to Crete, the beginnings of town/village lifestyles.

Sounds perfectly logical and reasonable to me.

Do you have a better reason Europe is so named?

Yeah Europa, right. And Europa would have equalled 'a village or town' imo, being taken to Crete, the beginnings of town/village lifestyles.

Sounds perfectly logical and reasonable to me.

I do have.

"Europe" was called that way because it was the "Land in the direction of the evening", the WEST, or "Erev".

Bloody Semites, lol.

Van Gorp, do you know this book?

Belgisch Museum vd Nederduitse Tael- en Letterkunde en de Geschiedenis des Vaderlands (1837) by Willems

http://books.google.nl/books?id=Jx5KAAAAYAAJ&lpg=PA11&ots=flF9eCXQJq&dq=nedersassen%20nederland%20melis&hl=nl&pg=PP7#v=onepage&q&f=false

It's on my to read-list it.

Otharus, thnx for the info man.

On my list now also :-) Good stuff.

I do have.

"Europe" was called that way because it was the "Land in the direction of the evening", the WEST, or "Erev".

Bloody Semites, lol.

Sometimes it happens I study etymologie.

But frankly spoken: you don't need to study language, understanding it will do fine.

The base language was simple, logic and phonetic.

From Schrieck. Beghin der eerster volcken van Europa.

Capture-2.png

Evening might be a bit poor but I could see 'above' being more the word, since Hyperborea was termed in relation to it being beyond, or above also.

The name of Europa is of uncertain etymology.[23] One theory suggests that it is derived from the Greek εὐρύς (eurus), meaning "wide, broad"[24] and ὤψ/ὠπ-/ὀπτ- (ōps/ōp-/opt-), meaning "eye, face, countenance",[25] hence Eurṓpē, "wide-gazing", "broad of aspect" (compare with glaukōpis (γλαυκῶπις 'grey-eyed') Athena or boōpis (βοὠπις 'ox-eyed') Hera). Broad has been an epithet of Earth itself in the reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religion.[26] Another theory suggests that it is based on a Semitic word such as the Akkadian erebu meaning "to go down, set" (cf. Occident),[27] cognate to Phoenician 'ereb "evening; west" and Arabic Maghreb, Hebrew ma'ariv (see also Erebus, PIE *h1regʷos, "darkness"). However, M. L. West states that "phonologically, the match between Europa's name and any form of the Semitic word is very poor".

Terps are usually built 'above' the ground too.

PS: Rather than exactly above - the word is 'over' = above.

Edited by The Puzzler

Evening might be a bit poor but I could see 'above' being more the word, since Hyperborea was termed in relation to it being beyond, or above also.

The name of Europa is of uncertain etymology.[23] One theory suggests that it is derived from the Greek εὐρύς (eurus), meaning "wide, broad"[24] and ὤψ/ὠπ-/ὀπτ- (ōps/ōp-/opt-), meaning "eye, face, countenance",[25] hence Eurṓpē, "wide-gazing", "broad of aspect" (compare with glaukōpis (γλαυκῶπις 'grey-eyed') Athena or boōpis (βοὠπις 'ox-eyed') Hera). Broad has been an epithet of Earth itself in the reconstructed Proto-Indo-European religion.[26] Another theory suggests that it is based on a Semitic word such as the Akkadian erebu meaning "to go down, set" (cf. Occident),[27] cognate to Phoenician 'ereb "evening; west" and Arabic Maghreb, Hebrew ma'ariv (see also Erebus, PIE *h1regʷos, "darkness"). However, M. L. West states that "phonologically, the match between Europa's name and any form of the Semitic word is very poor".

Terps are usually built 'above' the ground too.

PS: Rather than exactly above - the word is 'over' = above.

Concerning Hyperborea, Schrieck says it comes from

Uber-Boren:

'Uber' same as over

'Boren' as 'border' (neighbours) -> overbuur.

.. at the other side of the border

Read the episode, and it will be clear as daylight that the suggested name of the mother, "Hel-licht" is not a personal name at all.

I don't see that. Please explain.

Rules of conduct

The law of monuments is clear: "It is forbidden to do digging that has the aim to discover or to research (ancient) monuments".

Imagine someone would find something that would confirm the OLB...

That's not supposed to happen!!! It would cause a collapse of our dominant culture, a collective identity-crisis.

No, he/she would simply be accused of having created the find him/herself and ridiculed.

'Official' scientists would 'prove' that it is not ancient at all.

LOL

This sounds an interesting group to join, the Frisian Archaeology group for amateur archaeologist interest.

http://argyf.fryske-akademy.eu/wf/argeologysk-wurkferban/archeology

Rules of conduct

:ph34r:

It's not odd when you quote it in full:

Rules of conduct

The law of monuments is clear: "It is forbidden to do digging that has the aim to discover or to research (ancient) monuments". In Fryslân the Department Archaeology of the University of Groningen has the authorisation to do diggings. The Argeologysk Wurkferbân always does its fieldactivities with that Department. They also cooperate with Fries Museum and with the Rijksdienst Oudheidkundig Bodemonderzoek. For the members and their activities in the field countst: all investigations will be done according the rules of the law. So do not dig yourself in order to search for antiques (treasure digging), and report finds at once at the authorized instances. Because of these rules of conduct, we at Wurkferbân support the Frisian archaeology

It's a rule for amateurs.

What do you think, Puzz: can I go to Egypt, and start digging there near some pyramid?