Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

I hope you caught the info and also the pdf link Alewyn because I though the information could be really helpful.

Edited by The Puzzler

Sweden has caves that have been caused by land elevations due to tectonic plate shifting or earthquakes.

Sweden has a number of caves that are classified as neotectonic caves. Earthquakes or other shifts of the tectonic plates (particularly those that cause land elevations) formed these caves sometime within the last eight thousand to ten thousand years, which means they are relatively new land formations. Examples of these types of caves in Sweden are Torkulla Kyrka, Gillberga Gryt, and Bodagrottorna.

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Slovenia-to-Zimbabwe-Cumulative-Index/Sweden.html#ixzz1LaRlmA00

So there must have been severe land elevations in Sweden at some time in the past to create these caves. Probably when the ice melted but the area is obviously very unstable.

I hope you caught the info and also the pdf link Alewyn because I though the information could be really helpful.

Sorry Puzzler,

I am having some Alzheimers Lite (a local beer).

What info and pdf link are you refering to?

Yes, it was you who mentioned it, but I wasn't that sure if we discussed it here too; we have discussed about so many things, I start dreaming about tall dominant blond Frisian women, lol !!.

But serious now: this flood - if it happened here around 300 BC - is maybe hidden in some core samples and in some Dutch pdf/document. I assume you already tried to find something like that because you are able to read Dutch too, but I will try it myself now and hope to be lucky.

As I already thought, the 300 BC 'flood' or how should we call it (gradually flooding of land), were one of those Dunkirk Transgressions.

But I think it is possible that what they found was mistakenly interpreted as one of those many transgressions...

Anyway, here is some copied text:

In the early

Atlanticum the sea advanced to the current

chain of islands and gradually flooded the mainland,

which was able to stand its ground as the

island Bant - probably the ancient „Burcana“ -

up to early modern times. South of the island

Juist, on the geest between Nordland to the

north, Koper Sand to the south and Itzendorfer

Plate to the east, the growth of the moor was

first interrupted by the Dunkirk I Transgression in

300 B.C. with widespread flooding and still or

flow-through water. The same occurred in the

low-lying (up to 2.5 meters below sea level)

areas of the East Frisian geest substrate in

Norderland. Prehistoric settlement would have

been possible up to this period, demonstrated by

scattered stone instruments both from the

Neolithic as well as the Late to Middle Bronze

Age. That sites from the Iron Age and Roman

Empire have not yet been found on the higherlying

sandy area near the city of Norden can for

now be attributed to a lack of research, because

sites dating to the Roman Empire have been

found further east at the geest edge

0=0

It is not certain whether

the varied landscape was partially settled in the

5th, 4th or 3rd millennium B.C. - for which there

appears to be evidence in the form of separate

finds from around the Ems embankment - or

whether any attempts at settlement took place

during the dry land phase in the later Bronze

Age. The natural space was completely altered

from 300 B.C. at the latest as calcareous sediments

were deposited on the mud flats by the

Dunkirk I Transgression, the coast line shifted

south, the Ems became wider, the intertidal difference

increased and the Campener and

Sielmönkener Buchten were formed.

0=0

Shortly

after the Hatzum settlement was abandoned in

about 300 B.C. new settlements were established

on the embankments. What became of the

inhabitants from the 4th and 3rd centuries B.C.

is still unclear, especially because, down to the

upper layers of the Iron Age settlements, the

strata were destroyed by the extensive digging

up of clay for brick-making in the Rheiderland

area, with the result that continuity with the

layers from the Roman times cannot be established

http://www.waddensea-secretariat.org/lancewad/report/chap4.4_LS-2.pdf

( Calcareous sediments are usually deposited in shallow water near land, since the carbonate is precipitated by marine organisms that need land-derived nutrients. Generally speaking, the farther from land sediments fall, the less calcareous they are. Some areas can have interbedded calcareous sediments due to storms, or changes in ocean currents. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcareous#Marine_sediments )

( location of Hatzum: http://www.lancewadplan.org/Cultural%20atlas/LS/Rheiderland/rheiderland_map.htm )

Edited by Abramelin

Searching through this thread, I read I asked Alewyn a while ago, "Why do you think that Middelzee in Friesland was so important??"

This was of course in connection to the Middelzee/Middel-se being the western border of the Fryan Empire (OLB), or as the OLB says, "bordered in the direction of the evening by the Middel-se.". For many that 'Middel-se' was nothing else but the Mediterranean. *I* say that this Middel-Se in THAT part of the OLB is nothing but the Frisian Middel-Se/MiddelZee ("sea in the Middle").

The Battle of the Boarn (West Frisian: Slach oan de Boarn Dutch: Slag aan de Boorne) was an eighth century battle between the Franks and the Frisians near the mouth of the river Boarn in what is now the Dutch province of Friesland.

In 734 a Frankish army commanded by Majordomo Charles Martel invaded Friesland in a campaign that was part of a series of ongoing wars and skirmishes between the Franks and the Frisians. Marching along the river Boarn the Frankish army reached the mouth of the river where it used to flow into the Bordine estuary or Middelsee. This estuary has since silted up and been claimed for agriculture during the 10th to 14th century.

The Frisians commanded by King Poppo used boats to land their army and surprise the Franks. However, the Frisian army was beaten and Poppo killed.[1] The Franks gained control of the Frisian lands west of the Lauwers estuary and the Frisians became vassals of the Franks apart from the tribes living in East Frisia in present day Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Boarn

And here it says: "Tot aan de Middelzee was Friesland onder Frankische controle" or in English: "Up to the Middelzee Friesland was under Frankish control", ~~LINK~~

Some hypothetical maps of the area:

groot_friesland.jpg

kaart_nwned.jpg

The name 'Middelzee' only came into use around 1500. Before that the names Boorne, Bordine or Bordena, meaning border, were used as far back as the 8th century for the Middelzee.

http://www.lancewadplan.org/Cultural%20atlas/NL/Middelzee/middelzee.htm

OK, lol: this could mean that IF the OLB is true, then 'my' Frisian Middelzee drops from the equation.

Or... that it might prove the OLb was written after 1500 AD.

And now for something different...

Those who have followed this thread from the start, and/or those who have read Alewyn's book, will know of his theory about the mythical "Friesland Island" (one of the mythical islands in the narrative by the Zeno Brothers) maybe being the OLB Aldland/Atland.

He had developed a theory how this could have been a real island that (partly) submerged, and that what was left of it is what we now call the Faroer Islands.

Well, we have discussed sealevel rise, and he had a theory about the plate tectonics of the Mid Atlantian Ridge.

But today I found something that could help Alewyn a bit.... and give people believing in anything 'Atlantis' a rapid heart beat, lol.

Those who are lucky to be able to read Dutch, start here:

http://www.archeologie-nieuws.nl/archeologie-news.asp?grens=4516

http://www.visionair.nl/ideeen/wereld/continenten-kunnen-werkelijk-verzinken/

Those who can't will have to do with the original scientific theory in English:

Hot spots such as the Iceland plume can cause ripples hundreds of metres high to spread across the Earth's surface, according to the latest research at the University of Cambridge. The 'hot blob' hypothesis may lay to rest one of geology’s oldest mysteries – why rapid sea level changes take place when there are no waxing and waning polar ice sheets.

http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/gsl/views/page8285.html

An explanation for high-frequency cycles of sea level in non-glacial times has remained elusive, despite more than two centuries of research since Lavoisier's seminal observations were published in 1789. In the development of seismic stratigraphy in the 1970s, putatively global high-frequency changes in relative sea level (Vail third-order cycles) were attributed to an unknown eustatic mechanism, prompting a search for Mesozoic ice ages. Over the last decade, a regional mechanism of sea-level control has been developed from studies of the sedimentary record in high-quality oil-industry data. These geological studies have supported the geophysical prediction that significant regional control of sea level is exercised by mantle-induced vertical motions of the Earth's surface. These vertical motions can occur over time intervals from several tens of million years to less than a million years, with amplitudes of tens of metres or more even at the shorter intervals. The vertical motions are not confined to regions with major hotspots. There are two related controls of surface vertical motion: evolution of mantle-convection cells, and pulsing flow within each cell. The effects are evident in the sedimentary record of North Atlantic basins. Mantle convection provides an alternative, regional, mechanism to eustatic control for explaining medium-frequency to high-frequency sea-level cycles.

http://publications.esc.cam.ac.uk:8080/1904/

Although scientists were confident that hot blobs exist in the mantle, evidence for the ripples at the Earth's surface have been hard to spot. While the Scotland uplift is the only example of the hot blob effect, Lovell said the movement is a natural effect of mantle convection, so there's no reason to think it isn't happening all the time, even now.

"I'm delighted that we have what appears to be a decent geophysical explanation for such a longstanding and significant geological problem," Lovell said. "I hope we'll be able to collect more observations from the geological record that will explain otherwise cryptic features of the Earth's mantle."

http://www.livescience.com/6633-giant-magma-blobs-ripple-earth-surface.html

http://covertress.blogspot.com/2010/04/underwater-supervolcano-shatsky-rise.html

Btw, the research that resulted in this theory was performed between Scotland and the Faroer (that's what the Dutch sites tell us.

And here an animation of what it's all about (and it's about how fast land can rise and sink again, and how):

http://www.newscientist.com/movie/mg20928031600-ups-and-downs

Edited by Abramelin

This site - I quoted from it in a former post afew minutes ago (about the Middelzee) - is excellent for geological and (pre-)historical info about the Frisian area:

Just click on the names in the map (see link, not the pic I posted, that doesn't work), and the a page with info shows up:

http://www.lancewadplan.org/Cultural%20atlas/cultural%20atlas.htm

Cultural%20entities.gif

Some titbits from that same site:

Modern Butjadingen belonged in medieval times to the Frisian province of Rüstringen, which lost its territorial completeness during disastrous floods. Because of the formation of the Jadebusen, the western area of Rüstringen was separated from the eastern area, which were renamed Bovenjadingen and Butenjadingen. In the Lower German language Bovenjadingen means “on this side of the Jade” and Butenjadingen “outside of the Jade”. Butjadingen had become an island because of the Heete-Durchbruch (Heete cut). At the beginning of the 16th century the lost area was impoldered again, so Butjadingen was connected with Stadland, and once again became part of the mainland.

During this period Butjadingen suffered from many of the great floods. Numerous places and villages were destroyed by the water (Tedlens, Langemehne, Bär, Alt-Waddens, Aldessen or Oldersum). In 1687 Butjadingen belonged to the Danish government who allowed the dikes and their maintenance to become neglected. One of the most disastrous flood-tides came in 1717 around Christmas. Almost one third of the population died and the region suffered for a long period from the negative effects on the economy.

http://www.lancewadplan.org/Cultural%20atlas/LS/Butjadingen/butjadingen.htm

The highest point of Texel outside the dunes area is the Hooge Berg near Den Burg (15 m), the centre of the glacial till deposit. The Hooge Berg has always attracted human interest, partly because of its proximity to the sea, and scattered archaeological finds are evidence of human activity in the Palaeolithic and Mesolithic periods. The site may have been permanently occupied since the Middle Bronze Age, and for a long period the main form of subsistence was agriculture and fishing. Den Burg is thought to be Viking in origin, with the central circular ring thought to date to this period. The outer ring is a bulwark dating from the 14th century.

http://www.lancewadplan.org/Cultural%20atlas/NL/Texel/texel.htm

Edited by Abramelin

Sorry Puzzler,

I am having some Alzheimers Lite (a local beer).

What info and pdf link are you refering to?

http://issuu.com/alaoupi/docs/laoupi._volcanic_landscapes_in_disaster_mythology

and info by ancient writers in my Post #4695

The mention of the Med. in the OLB and the effects of the 2200BC event is found in the Titanomachy.

The name Texel is Frisian, but because of historical sound-changes in Dutch, where all -x- sounds have been replaced with -s- sounds (compare for instance English Fox, Frisian Fokse, German Fuchs with Dutch Vos), the name is typically pronounced Tessel in Dutch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texel

Teksel - it's not that in the OLB so the new Frisian word appears to be Germanised while the English have the same original letter sound as the Frisians should - that would be Texel.

The Frisian language then appears to have been Germanised at some point, while the English kept the older sounds the Frisians should still speak but they 'speak fancy now'.

English is very unfancy language, the fancy words have come in from fancy languages.

X marks the spot.

I reckon 'reckon' is an English Fryan word too and it's used in the OLB as the word reckoning. I use it as much as stuff nearly - where do ya reckon your stuff is? What do ya reckon? means of course, what do you think the answer would be, because reckoning is all about working out the answer and thinking. Where do you 'reckon' your stuff is - Where do you think you left your things? would be a fancy way to say it.

I reckon this... That English is the language all true Fryans should all be speaking. B) The inability to communicate makes us as a group, weak. That's why God muddled the speech didn't he? Too much power otherwise.

I'm glad you can speak it or we wouldn't be here.

English is also the basis of the OLB and the language of Frisians. The X in English is an original letter sound that I think we spoke always and that the Frisians once said and wrote X but it was contaminated by the movement of Eastern groups to Western Europe, Dutch got caught up in that, hence they say FrIa not FrYa. Frisians should all say FRYA. Not Fria.

Dutch is a 'fancy' language, it's not like English at all - like a Vos..? a Fox, can you see the change - all F sounds in Fryan are V in Dutch and Ph in Greek, all X sounds are chs or such derivations of X, X imo is the original, it's one simple letter wth a myriad of meanings, can't write..? just sign with an X. Like kiss which we put a X for, the sound of the word kiss is exactly the sound of X - ks or chs.

I believe these people were in England prior to and after the sinking of Doggerland. They built the megaliths and are also the strong large men of all of Europe. The language was taken into the area of the Caucasus imo at the time of the sinking of Doggerland when many of the people fled south. IE can be traced out of their but I believe now it first went in at the sinking of Doggerland, maybe around 6,000BC, with the people.

Texel is part of this ice glacial build up, the only island in that chain to be so, that is why it has Paleolithic and Mesolithic human habitation remnants. These people would have been proto-Fryans (for want of a better word) living there.

That's what I think, the feeling of anti-Catholicism and pull away from the Rome led Papal Church was an older than old move, England never was associated with these Eastern led religious manipulations that Rome took on.

Christianity is a medium ground, it tends to reflect in fact Frya because also the OLB says this too - the mention of Christianity in Egypt being associated with Serapis tends to make one think it's a Persian type religion, through Zoroastrianism.

The Magi are said to be Zoroastrian priests so if I backtrack my thought that was offensive to Alewyn and agree that the Magi who introduced Jesus arrival were nice ones, who had kept the ways of the true Jessos and Frya it can reconcile why Europeans 'embraced' Christianity rather than the force of Catholicism and why many Slavic people and others are very Orthodox Catholic types. It's the marriage part. Christians don't go through such full on ritual things in marriage as Catholics with all their associated palava.

The OLB message is this, the English and all true Fryan background people, that includes Frisians and Dutch, who because they were on the continent couldn't escape this influx of eastern ways, should lead this revolution against false Gods and religions and lead the way to the path of light, that of Frya and Jesus, without the need of the Church or the priests or any of their lies.

Should I be so bold to suggest this idea was behind Hitler's regime and I know he read such books as The Passing of a Great Race by Madison Grant which I happen to agree with a lot of, if you can distance yourself from the new terms 'rascist' and 'politically correct', you might find it actually makes alot of sense. Hitler just went about it in a most agressive, unacceptable way that I would never condone. What I'm saying is his ideas were actually imprinted by ideals such as the OLB, that everyone else was a hinderance to the view that the Fryan, Nordic, was the original and only corrupted by interference from others and should have been running the show because they were most adept at this and everyone else had corrupted them so they should be eliminated. Jews did the most damage to this. The Eugenics programs Hitler instituted were no more than attempts to reproduce the BEST MEN of Nordic race. Not some 'supermen', just the 'best men'.

Getting off this, this I guess, is the main reason I choose to belive the message in the OLB, to me it WAS the light I'd been looking for all my life, one I had rejected in all other forms, I am English, no Med, no Asian, no nothing and I do not believe in the Christian God that was fed to me in the Bible, have not married due to it's tradition and have always felt our culture was taken by others, I am vehemently patriotic to my country and my heritage and dislike any threat to it or to my children's future and I don't care whether that makes me 'racist' or unpolitally correct, Aryan or whatever anyone these days wants to term it. I've nothing to hide and really am over trying to be all namby pamby (pandering) to these people. I have started topics on the influence of Europeans starting Greek history previously like Celts in Greece. I know this is true, the myths verify it and so does my gut and my heart. I have deep respect for the French government taking a stand lately on these sorts of issues, good on them, they can see in the crystal ball. I'm sick of watching the news to see these asylum seekers setting fire to our detention centres because their own countries are in disarray and bringing thier behaviour here, I'll try and see if I can link you to 60 Minutes tomorrow night, you can meet one of our Muslim Clerics, he loves bin Laden, he hates us all including the reporter and our government and thinks we should all be, well, not Christian. Unbelievable this guy is still walking our streets.

So, I'm pretty much over this thread, it's taken up way too much of my life over the last year but I found my answers and found what I'd been looking for my whole life. I don't blame them for claiming this is a hoax at all. It challenges the status quo too much but if you have the foresight and insight the OLB hopes you have, maybe you'll eventually see this book tells a true story. :tu:

Edited by The Puzzler

The name Texel is Frisian, but because of historical sound-changes in Dutch, where all -x- sounds have been replaced with -s- sounds (compare for instance English Fox, Frisian Fokse, German Fuchs with Dutch Vos), the name is typically pronounced Tessel in Dutch

Teksel - it's not that in the OLB so the new Frisian word appears to be Germanised while the English have the same original letter sound as the Frisians should - that would be Texel.

The Frisian language then appears to have been Germanised at some point, while the English kept the older sounds the Frisians should still speak but they 'speak fancy now'.

English is very unfancy language, the fancy words have come in from fancy languages.

X marks the spot.

Teksel (pronounced the same as Texel) is indeed not in the OLB, there it's called "Texland". Texel is like an abbreviation of Texland. In fact - even though I am Dutch - I pronounce it with a -ks- , not with -ss-.

We've discussed this before, but just as a reminder a link to a Dutch wikipage: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texla

And you will read Thesla ("Zuidland") as one of the (older) names for Texel, and it means "South Land" (remember we talked about it in relation to Otharus' post about Tessaloniki??).

Puzz: "So, I'm pretty much over this thread, it's taken up way too much of my life over the last year but I found my answers and found what I'd been looking for my whole life. I don't blame them for claiming this is a hoax at all. It challenges the status quo too much but if you have the foresight and insight the OLB hopes you have, maybe you'll eventually see this book tells a true story."

The fact that this thread takes up a lot of time is mainly because either those pro and contra the OLB have not come up with a definate proof with which to convince the other side.

But, sorry to say, someone once said (Mark Twain??) : "A conclusion comes after people got tooo tired thinking".

OK Puzz, thanks for participating, but I'm not near done yet, heh.

Puzz: "So, I'm pretty much over this thread, it's taken up way too much of my life over the last year but I found my answers and found what I'd been looking for my whole life. I don't blame them for claiming this is a hoax at all. It challenges the status quo too much but if you have the foresight and insight the OLB hopes you have, maybe you'll eventually see this book tells a true story."

The fact that this thread takes up a lot of time is mainly because either those pro and contra the OLB have not come up with a definate proof with which to convince the other side.

But, sorry to say, someone once said (Mark Twain??) : "A conclusion comes after people got tooo tired thinking".

OK Puzz, thanks for participating, but I'm not near done yet, heh.

I didn't say I was done, I said I was over this thread.

There is no definite proof, you won't find what you are looking for, but I have, in my heart and I don't need to continue any longer with trying to convince you of it.

:tu:

I didn't say I was done, I said I was over this thread.

There is no definite proof, you won't find what you are looking for, but I have, in my heart and I don't need to continue any longer with trying to convince you of it.

OK, over but not done.

LOL, so you were busy all this time trying to convince ME??

There sure as hell can be definite 100% proof, both on the positive side as well as on the negative side, and we have mentioned what that could be.

X marks the spot.

"SEX" in the OLB

Appy-polly-logies Abe, but inspired by Puzzler's "FOX/VOS" post, the othistic child in me wants to play with words once more.

Earlier I did a language exercise with the symbolic numbers TWELVE and THREE. Now it's time for the one 'in-between', SIX.

As usual (unless explicitly stated), I give a complete list of the fragments with the examined word. I do this, so the word can be studied in the right context. (This time, the meaning could not be more obvious.)

As Abe has pointed out several times:

IF the OLB is authentic, a significant part of what we think we know of history and languages will have to be revised.

With posting my language studies, I thought two steps further:

1. When more people learn to read this language, more people will come to the conclusion that OLB is more than just a hoax.

2. WHEN the OLB will be accepted to be authentic, many people will want to learn to read the language.

My exercises were a good way for me to study the text on a deeper level, and by posting them I hoped to invite others to have a better look at the language too, to see the beauty of it, and to notice how the translations, (specially the English,) sometimes beg for improvement.

I don't agree with Abe that the only valid proof for OLB's authenticity has to be phisical (archaeological or other documents in the same script).

Language is an expression of consciousness. Consciousness has evolved through te ages and left traces in different cultures and traditions. They have overlaps and parallels. Like a puzzle it can be reconstructed though, and time will prove this.

Since the completely worthless publication by Beckering Vinkers (1876), who "aimed at ridiculing the OLB", not one single serious linguist (as far as I know) has ever published about the OLB language. I am confident that this will change some day.

Lucky he or she will be who takes this challenge.

... And now back to the number 6.

The word "six" in some other European languages

Seis ~ Portuguese, Spanish

Sei ~ Italian

Six ~ French

Sechs ~ German

Zes ~ Dutch

Ses - Afrikaans

Seks ~ Danish, Norwegian

Sex ~ Swedish, Icelandic

sześć ~ Polish

έξι (exi) ~ Greek

The following seven fragments were found with the word "six" in the OLB.

Original page number and line: [.../..].

Page number in Ottema and Sandbach translation: [O+S p...].

1. [00a/21] Hidde's note (1256 AD)

THAT TVELF.HVNDRED.SEX ÀND FIFTIGOSTE JÉR

[O+S p.003]

het twaalf honderd zes en vijftigste jaar

the year 1256

[litt. "the twelve-hundred-six and fiftieth year"]

2. [090/27] Apol-lanja (ca. 590 BC)

FON MÀMIS SÍDE WÉRE MIN BROTHER THENE SEXTE

[O+S p.127]

Van moeders zijde was mijn broeder de zesde

From mother's side my brother was the sixth

3. [106/14] Apol-lanja (ca. 590 BC)

THJU TORE HETH SEX SÍDA

[O+S p.147]

De toren heeft zes zijden

The tower has six sides

4. [128/12] Ljud-gert's daybook (ca. 325 BC)

ÀFTER SEX DÉGUM SÁGON WI

THA ORLOCH.FLÁTE FON DEMÉTRIUS. VP VS TO KVMA

[O+S p.175]

Na zes dagen zagen wij

de oorlogsvloot van Demetrius op ons toekomen

[After] Six days later we saw

the war-fleet of Demetrius coming down upon us

5. [129/11] Ljud-gert's daybook (ca. 325 BC)

MEN FRISO N.ANDERE NAVT BIFÁRA THA EROSTE PIL

DEL FALDE A SEX FADEMA FON SIN SKIP

[O+S p.177]

Friso beantwoordde dat niet voor dat de eerste pijl

op zes vademen van zijn schip neer viel

but Friso did not reply [answer] till the first arrow

fell [down] six fathoms from his ship

6. [201/28] about black Adel (anonymous, ca. 50 BC)

THÁ.ER TO BEK KÉM BROCHT.I TOMET SEX.HVNDRED

THÉRA STORESTE KNÁPUM

FON THAT SKOTSE BERCH.FOLK MITH

[O+S p.243]

Toen hij terug kwam bracht hij bijna zeshonderd

der grootste knapen

van het Schotsche [ * ] bergvolk mede

When he returned [came back] he brought nearly six hundred

of the finest [largest] youths [lads?]

of the Scotch [ * ] mountaineers [-people] with him

[ * note: SKOTS also means skew]

7. [207/28] about black Adel (anonymous, ca. 50 BC)

FON THA MÀNNISKA

THÉR VPPA THA VRLANDISKA SKÉPUM STALT WÉRON

WÉRON SEX THRVCH BUK.PIN FELTH

[O+S p.249]

Van de menschen,

die op de buitenlandsche schepen gesteld waren,

werden zes door buikpijn gedood

Of those [the people]

who were placed in [upon] the foreign [litt. "overlandic"] ships

six died of colic [or: "were killed through stomach-pain"]

Hah, you must have had a good start of the weekend !!

Btw, Frisian /OLB language is Germanic, so you could have said that the OLB "SEX" is the same as the German "SECHS", meaning "SIX" (or "ZES" in Dutch, so Puzz will know for sure the Dutch hate the -X/KS- lol).

Now you tell me Otharus: when will people visiting this thread - assuming they are still on the fence about it - be convinced that the OLB is not a hoax/forgery/fantasy/whatever??

Must be me, but I think that as soon as we find - here I go again - the remnants of a citadel as described in the OLB, or another example, anywhere, of the OLB script (manuscripts, inscriptions), and dated to many centuries before present, that then they will be a lot more convinced of the OLB being a true ancient account of European history.

==

Another thing, and I do know you don't have easy/much access to the internet: can you tell a bit more about that Dunkirk Transgression of around 300 BC I talked about a few pages back?? The pdf I posted for Alewyn is all the serious and scientific info I could find about it.

Now you tell me Otharus: when will people visiting this thread - assuming they are still on the fence about it - be convinced that the OLB is not a hoax/forgery/fantasy/whatever??

Must be me, but I think that as soon as we find - here I go again - the remnants of a citadel as described in the OLB, or another example, anywhere, of the OLB script (manuscripts, inscriptions), and dated to many centuries before present, that then they will be a lot more convinced of the OLB being a true ancient account of European history.

Of course evidence of the physical kind would be the most easy way.

It's just NOT the ONLY possible way, that's what I say.

If I remember correctly from the history of philosophy, it was in the time of Descartes that the sciences split into physical/ material and metaphysical, the latter becoming the domain mostly of the church.

(Our main sciences still mostly have a materialistic approach. One can see that most easily in medical science where even psychosomatic and psychiatric 'dis-eases' are approached on a physical level, so drugs can be prescribed and telling the patient that the cause is genetic or otherwise material, rather than social or emotional, which is, again, more difficult to understand and deal with.)

Now we're touching yet another angle, namely philosophy, and I'm not specialized in that either. Just wanted to point out that the solution to a problem does not always have to be in the 'material world'. Language, culture, consciousness, things that are hidden in our (collective) consciousness can be valid too, they just are more complex and need more abstract thinking.

I don't know if I express myself clearly, I just woke up, it's almost 7 am.

Anyway, maybe someone who is more into philosophy can shine some light on this.

Another thing, and I do know you don't have easy/much access to the internet: can you tell a bit more about that Dunkirk Transgression of around 300 BC I talked about a few pages back?? The pdf I posted for Alewyn is all the serious and scientific info I could find about it.

It's surely an interesting one, but I will probably not be very active here in the next few weeks, as I'm preparing to go travel again, to arrive back home by the end of this month.

After having read your discussions on the Oera Linda Boek, I found it useful to register as a member myself, so that you may put questions and comments directly to the author of the website (www.rodinbook.nl). Let me clarify my position with regard to the authorship of the Oera Linda Boek. If one reads the letters between Cornelis over de Linden and Eelco Verwijs as published in Het Geheimzinnige Handschrift van de Familie Over de Linden, one cannot find any reference to Francois Haverschmidt at all. This is strange, when one assumpts that he was the initiator and leader of a complot. Haverschmidt himself denied this role and stated, that he did not know Cornelis over de Linden. Cornelis over de Linden possessed two books, the Oera Linda Boek and Worp van Thabor. Only after Eelco Verwijs told him, that the Oera Linda Boek was a family chronicle, Cornelis over de Linden got interested in the matter, but he could not understand the text. Eelco Verwijs was not interested in the family chronicle, but in the Worp van Thabor as it appeared to be a more complete copy than existing copies. Cornelis over de Linden promised him the Worp van Thabor, when Verwijs would make a translation of the family chronicle. Verwijs had serious doubts about the family chronicle, but he could not tell Cornelis over de Linden as this would mean, that he would not get the Worp van Thabor in hand. Moreover Verwijs was afraid, that someone joked him with the family chronicle. The letters make clear, that nor Cornelis over de Linden nor Verwijs could have written the Oera Linda Boek. As far as I know, no one has investigated the matter of the two manuscripts. Both manuscripts were in the possession of the bookstore of the Over de Lindens in Enkhuizen. Probably there have been problems about an inheritance between the families, so that Cornelis over the Linden came to collect his share. A grandson calls it 'stolen'. It is not clear, how and when the bookstore of Enkhuizen obtained the two manuscripts. I only suppose, that they came from the same source and that Stadermann (friend and colleague of Cornelis over de Linden) played a role in it. By the way, the Worp van Thabor is now lost. The identification of Joast Hiddes Halbertsma and his brother Eeltsje as author(s) of the Oera Linda Boek was the result of a cold case study, in which a 'criminal profile', derived from the text, has been matched with publications of (mainly) Ds. Joast Halbertsma. For me is the use of Old-English names for the months in the Oera Linda Boek the most convincing, as Joast Halbertsma made a study on the relationship between Old-Frisian and Old-English, but the same could in fact been said about the use of words from the Old-Amsterdam dialect in the Oera Linda Boek. I have not yet retrieved the famous word 'foddik', which clearly belongs to it. I found - only afterwards - my own observations confirmed by Mr. G.J. van der Mey, who identified Joast Halbertsma as the author.

Hi Menno, I am really glad you finally registered here.

And a very good first post too, btw.

But I have a question: can you show us an online source of the Amsterdam dialect??

It's about "Foddik"

You said on your website that Halbertsma got that word from the time he lived there, in Amsterdam.

But I have searched and searched, but found nada.

(Btw, people love 'alineas'. Don't post "Tante Betje" style, lol.)

Edited by Abramelin

I'll add my 2c worth then on sex without getting too bogged down.

The scale of a sextant has a length of 1/6 turn (60°); hence the sextant's name (sextāns, -antis is the Latin word for "one sixth", "εξάντας" in Greek). An octant is a similar device with a shorter scale (⅛ turn, or 45°), whereas a quintant (1/5 turn, or 72°) and a quadrant (¼ turn, or 90°) have longer scales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextant

I think it's named because of the word SEX as six and TANT as 'as much' ie; tant/amount. Anglo-French = in from Norse and Anglo areas.

tantamount

1640s, from verbal phrase tant amount "be equivalent" (1620s), from Anglo-Fr. tant amunter "amount to as much" (late 13c.), from O.Fr. tant "as much" (from L. tantus, from tam "so") + amonter "amount to, go up" (see amount).

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=tantamount

Tantus is a sex toy company believe it or not. Tantric sex..extended.

Tantra (Sanskrit: तन्त्र , Oriya: ତନ୍ତ୍ର"loom, warp"; hence "principle, system, doctrine", from the two root words tanoti "stretch, extend", and trayati "liberation"), anglicised tantricism or tantrism or tantram, refers to esoteric schools of Hinduism and Buddhism and to the scriptures (called "Tantras") commonly identified with the worship of Shakti.[1] Tantra deals primarily with spiritual practices and ritual forms of worship that aim at liberation from ignorance and rebirth,[1] the universe being regarded as the divine play of Shakti and Shiva.[1] In "left-handed" Tantra (Vamachara), ritual sexual intercourse is employed as a way of entering into the underlying processes and structure of the universe.

Tantalis - tant + alus (Estonian) = amount to + bottom/under - always under, which he is, under Mt Etna or wherever.

I've said before that Atlantis is an anagram of Tantalis.

I'll just pop in too that Troy was liberated or purified by being burned - trayati.

six - amount to

amount to a sixth.

SEX in the word, lets us know this word in sextant is actually six and the only people saying SEX for SIX are Icelandic and Finnic.

The Finnish have the myths and Icelandic ones too, they are the myths of the Norse.

Now six to sex.

Let's talk about sex, (baby).

The word Sex imo humble opinion comes from the angle our legs make in this act - the spread of the legs is the sextant amount.

^

EXtension - the amount one can extend.

666 is also ^^^ on your keyboard, look.

That evil sex. :devil:

Edited by The Puzzler

Welcome Menno,

and thank you for your post, as well as all the work you did, making sources available (I recently read the letters you added to your site, which was very helpful).

I have thought of writing you to discuss your theory, but this is much better. I hope Goffe Jensma will feel challenged some day to join too.

One thing to start with, something interesting I just found out.

I have not yet retrieved the famous word 'foddik', which clearly belongs to it.

Greek:

φωτιά - fire, light

http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%A6%CF%89%CF%84%CE%B9%CE%AC

Edited by Otharus

The letters make clear, that nor Cornelis over de Linden nor Verwijs could have written the Oera Linda Boek.

I agree to this.

Both manuscripts were in the possession of the bookstore of the Over de Lindens in Enkhuizen. Probably there have been problems about an inheritance between the families, so that Cornelis over the Linden came to collect his share. A grandson calls it 'stolen'.

On your website I read that this grandson was Hein Kofman. Can you tell us more about it?

I have never read anywhere that the two manuscripts have been in the possession of any Over de Linden bookstore. Can you give your source for this too?

Hi Knul,

Nice to have you join us here!

...the only people saying SEX for SIX are Icelandic and Finnic.

That should read "Swedish".

The Fins say "kuusi".

:)

Lol, I didn't post it before, but you know what the Finnish word for "The Netherlands" is?

Alankomaat.

It's nothing but a Finnish word for "Low lands", but of course I had to think of those damn Alans again, lol.