Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

1*.jpg

Baetica.

I wouldn't have picked up on anything here except yesterday I got my new set of Ancient Civilisations cards with DVD and among them was a place called Baiae - The Oracle of the Dead.

In Rome this one was but it was none other than, in the words on the card "Antrum of Initiation" - 'an elaborate complex of tunnels cut into the volcanic rock, was said to represent the HADES of Greek mythology and included an artifical river of Styx', most likely the Guadalquivir in the real Baetica.

The people living there were more TUR people - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turdetani

Edited by The Puzzler

Gate:

Gate-Keeper.gif

What you are trying to prove is that 'engine' is another word for 'washing machine' because well, a washing machine does have an engine, right? Like a wall has a gate, ergo, wall=gate.

And the only reason you start about it is because the Latin name for the Phoenician Gadir sounds like gate, and of course because you need a gate in your Atlantis theory...

And I hope you make a connection with the OLB soon; there are already 20 threads about Atlantis. It's a bloody virus.

You already created like 15 Atlantis threads yourself....

Edited by Abramelin

Alligator - bet it's cause it's mouth opens up like a big gate. gator - gadir

I read the alligator Wiki etymology and see no reason it cannot mean all gate basically, you ever seen one, I live in Croc country and I can guarantee you those gators have huge gates! Croc are bigger than gators, we don't run from gators but we sure run from crocs.

I read it too:

The name alligator is an anglicized form of el lagarto, the Spanish term for "lizard", which early Spanish explorers and settlers in Florida called the alligator.

Tell me when you're done, Puzz.

This is really a waste of time. But to help you, use this: http://wordsmith.org/anagram/

What you are doing is not reasoning, you are working to a desired end result.

Edited by Abramelin

I read it too:

The name alligator is an anglicized form of el lagarto, the Spanish term for "lizard", which early Spanish explorers and settlers in Florida called the alligator.

Tell me when you're done, Puzz.

This is really a waste of time. But to help you, use this: http://wordsmith.org/anagram/

What you are doing is not reasoning, you are working to a desired end result.

OK, well forget the alligator for now, what else you got on anything I said, you think Hades isn't gate or anything else I said of the important bit...?

OK, well forget the alligator for now, what else you got on anything I said, you think Hades isn't gate or anything else I said of the important bit...?

The important thing is that you seem to skip past the fact that the original name for Gades was Gadir.

And - well, I think - you started to talk about Gades/Cadiz because the city is supposed to show up in the OLB as Kadik.

All the rest would fit into one of your Atlantis threads a lot better.

What you are trying to prove is that 'engine' is another word for 'washing machine' because well, a washing machine does have an engine, right? Like a wall has a gate, ergo, wall=gate.

And the only reason you start about it is because the Latin name for the Phoenician Gadir sounds like gate, and of course because you need a gate in your Atlantis theory...

Right, so Hades and his gates are not outside the Straits of Hercules...?

I don't NEED anything.

Did you notice I started a topic yesterday that now I already don't think is correct? If I was pushing stuff do you think that is the actions of someone who would do that?

Hardly.

A lost passage of Pindar quoted by Strabo was the earliest traceable reference in this context: "the pillars which Pindar calls the 'gates of Gades' when he asserts that they are the farthermost limits reached by Heracles."

http://www.answers.com/topic/pillars-of-hercules

Edited by The Puzzler

Right, so Hades and his gates are not outside the Straits of Hercules...?

I don't NEED anything.

Did you notice I started a topic yesterday that now I already don't think is correct? If I was pushing stuff do you think that is the actions of someone who would do that?

Hardly.

A lost passage of Pindar quoted by Strabo was the earliest traceable reference in this context: "the pillars which Pindar calls the 'gates of Gades' when he asserts that they are the farthermost limits reached by Heracles."

http://www.answers.com/topic/pillars-of-hercules

OK, now show us the connection with the OLB, aside from the city being mentioned in the OLB.

The important thing is that you seem to skip past the fact that the original name for Gades was Gadir.

And - well, I think - you started to talk about Gades/Cadiz because the city is supposed to show up in the OLB as Kadik.

All the rest would fit into one of your Atlantis threads a lot better.

I know, but I started one yesterday and it wouldn't fit into that one...maybe I'll just wait a day or so to start a new one... :ph34r:

I started the Gades thing here because I realised that Gades was gate and then it just flowed from there with Hades all through Baetea to Baiae at Rome with the exact same thing, it's the Underworld of Hades.

Aeneus even visits his father at this one in Rome at Baiae, that's how he communicates with him. This place was shut down c. 1st century AD when they felled the trees in the groves and blocked the tunnels to prevent any further underworld experiences.

The new one by National Geographic is a beauty, even on NBC this one, I'm watching intently as they uncover the mud flats near Gades - the gates of Gades that is.

----------

It's like delta and the hanging tent door that is really a way out, to liberate, which goes into A.DEL.A - the liberator of the people through the book as I said before. Well Kadik sounds like something to do with DIKE, so I'm pretty sure the same meaning is being made, I'll look into it.

It really has nothing to do with Atlantis except it also makes perfect sense.

Edited by The Puzzler

OK, now show us the connection with the OLB, aside from the city being mentioned in the OLB.

I'm getting to it, don't rush me...

Point behind it all, the Phoenicians of Tyre were speaking a language like the Frisians.

I know, but I started one yesterday and it wouldn't fit into that one...maybe I'll just wait a day or so to start a new one... :ph34r:

I started it because I realised that Gades was gate and then it just flowed from there with Hades all through Baetea to Baiae at Rome with the exact same thing, it's the Underworld of Hades.

Aeneus even visits his father at this one in Rome at Baiae, that's how he communicates with him. This place was shut down c. 1st century AD when they felled the trees in the groves and blocked the tunnels to prevent any further underworld experiences.

The new one by National Geographic is a beauty, even on NBC this one, I'm watching intently as they uncover the mud flats near Gades - the gates of Gades that is.

----------

It's like delta and the hanging tent door that is really a way out, to liberate, which goes into A.DEL.A - the liberator of the people through the book as I said before. Well Kadik sounds like something to do with DIKE, so I'm pretty sure the same meaning is being made, I'll look into it.

It really has nothing to do with Atlantis except it also makes perfect sense.

ADEL would translate as "Nobility".

Yep, and KADIK would be something like (in Dutch) KADE-(or Kaai, En: quay)DIJK (dike).

Btw, even if you start a thread about some topic, and then realize you had it wrong, then you correct yourself, say you made an error, and try again.... in the same thread.

Seems the thing to do, right? At least we have it all tucked together in one thread.

ADEL would translate as "Nobility".

Yep, and KADIK would be something like (in Dutch) KADE-(or Kaai, En: quay)DIJK (dike).

Btw, even if you start a thread about some topic, and then realize you had it wrong, then you correct yourself, say you made an error, and try again.... in the same thread.

Seems the thing to do, right? At least we have it all tucked together in one thread.

Yes, I added this yesterday when my mind started to slowly change again...

--Tartessos always sounded a good candidate, so why does Thera seem to convey what Plato speaks of also but it's not in the right spot?

Now I'm hoping the thread will just die.

I have added to the National Geographic thread on Atlantis though and added my thoughts to it today since it seemed the best one to add to regarding the area of Gades.

And no, ADEL actually means GOD IS NOBLE, which of course, like Aryan the meaning to noble, is free. God is Free is what ADEL means. The same thing. A message of his freedom.

Edited by The Puzzler

Yes, I added this yesterday when my mind started to slowly change again...

--Tartessos always sounded a good candidate, so why does Thera seem to convey what Plato speaks of also but it's not in the right spot?

Now I'm hoping the thread will just die.

I have added to the National Geographic thread on Atlantis though and added my thoughts to it today since it seemed the best one to add to regarding the area of Gades.

And no, ADEL actually means GOD IS NOBLE, which of course, like Aryan the meaning to noble, is free. God is Free is what ADEL means. The same thing. A message of his freedom.

Maybe I am missing something here, lol. You start another thread, you think you had it wrong, and now you use this already HUGE thread to tell us you were wrong in that other thread.

:blink:

==

ADEL means NOBILITY (noun) or NOBLE (adjective). There is no 'god' involved.

Maybe I am missing something here, lol. You start another thread, you think you had it wrong, and now you use this already HUGE thread to tell us you were wrong in that other thread.

:blink:

==

ADEL means NOBILITY (noun) or NOBLE (adjective). There is no 'god' involved.

I posted what I put int he other thread, it seemed you made some suggestion I should and I was telling you I already had. You missed it, yeah.

Adel \a-del\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Adel), is of Hebrew and Old German origin, and the meaning of Adel is "God is eternal; noble". More familiar as a part of other names.

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Adel

It doesn't even matter if God is in the name or not really in the end, I was being picky - the meaning is NOBLE - FREE - It's the SAME WORD as DEL in delta. To free, to liberate. Or if you want Nobility - the free ones.

Hebrew and Old German, why doesn't that suprise me..?

The Sanskrit word ka is water.

ka dike - it's pretty obvious there it means - water gate.

or quay is also that, a water gate area for boats. The walled stronghold is probably the actual quay they built - the water gate (water dike) area. That is the Gadir, that is the Kadik.

Maybe the Phoenicians didn't even name it but called it that because it was already called that because as far as I'm concerned, the words are the same - Kadik is water dike, which is a quay, which is a water gate, which is what Gadir is named after, the walled stronghold (that ships entered through the gate), Gades.

Edited by The Puzzler

I posted what I put int he other thread, it seemed you made some suggestion I should and I was telling you I already had. You missed it, yeah.

Adel \a-del\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Adel), is of Hebrew and Old German origin, and the meaning of Adel is "God is eternal; noble". More familiar as a part of other names.

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Adel

It doesn't even matter if God is in the name or not really in the end, I was being picky - the meaning is NOBLE - FREE - It's the SAME WORD as DEL in delta. To free, to liberate. Or if you want Nobility - the free ones.

Hebrew and Old German, why doesn't that suprise me..?

Adel is "God is eternal; noble". So, NOT "God is noble".

The first meaning, "God is eternal" is the meaning of the Jewish name. "Noble" is the meaning of the German name.

Every 'baby-name' site copied the same line from the other, but apparently no one understands the line tells us that ADEL means two things, one in the Jewish language, the other in the German language.

That the name ADEL shows up in 2 different languages doesn't necessarily mean one came from the other.

It's like saying "JACK" comes from "Yitzak".

But no doubt Jews who have lived in English speaking countries may have changed their first name, Yitzak, into Jack.

Noble=Free ?? It has more to do with being respectable, royal or ruler, 'blue blood' as they say.

Edited by Abramelin

Adel is "God is eternal; noble". So, NOT "God is noble".

The first meaning, "God is eternal" is the meaning of the Jewish name. "Noble" is the meaning of the German name.

Every 'baby-name' site copied the same line from the other, but apparently no one understands the line tells us that ADEL means two things, one in the Jewish language, the other in the German language.

That the name ADEL shows up in 2 different languages doesn't necessarily mean one came from the other.

It's like saying "JACK" comes from "Yitzak".

But no doubt Jews who have lived in English speaking countries may have changed their first name, Yitzak, into Jack.

Noble=Free ?? It has more to do with being respectable, royal or ruler, 'blue blood' as they say.

Abe, it does not say that at all about one being Hebrew and one being German. They are one and the same in case you are missing it.

Surely you didn't miss all my noble, love about Priam...? Which I think is the name from the word here I bolded Sanskrit Priyah.

O.E. freo "free, exempt from, not in bondage," also "noble; joyful," from P.Gmc. *frijaz (cf. O.Fris. fri, O.S., O.H.G. vri, Ger. frei, Du. vrij, Goth. freis "free"), from PIE *prijos "dear, beloved," from base *pri- "to love" (cf. Skt. priyah "own, dear, beloved," priyate "loves;" O.C.S. prijati "to help," prijatelji "friend;" Welsh rhydd "free"). The adverb is from O.E. freon, freogan "to free, love."

Abe, it does not say that at all about one being Hebrew and one being German. They are one and the same in case you are missing it.

Surely you didn't miss all my noble, love about Priam...? Which I think is the name from the word here I bolded Sanskrit Priyah.

O.E. freo "free, exempt from, not in bondage," also "noble; joyful," from P.Gmc. *frijaz (cf. O.Fris. fri, O.S., O.H.G. vri, Ger. frei, Du. vrij, Goth. freis "free"), from PIE *prijos "dear, beloved," from base *pri- "to love" (cf. Skt. priyah "own, dear, beloved," priyate "loves;" O.C.S. prijati "to help," prijatelji "friend;" Welsh rhydd "free"). The adverb is from O.E. freon, freogan "to free, love."

Just think: in what way can one word mean "noble" and "joyfull". Noble has nothing to do with being joyfull.

Maybe the OE (= Old English) thought so, but from your quote I see it was only them.

I'll give you a modern example from Dutch.

We have a word, "wreed", and it used to only mean "cruel". But nowadays young people use the word when the mean "cool".

During the Dutch hippie days they often used the word "gaaf" (with that gutteral sound in the beginning you all live so much, lol), meaning: wow, cool. But it's original meaning (and still used) is "smooth", or "complete" or "without faults".

And I am not missing anything about your quote about ADEL. It's you - and many others - who are missing something.

Just think: in what way can one word mean "noble" and "joyfull". Noble has nothing to do with being joyfull.

Maybe the OE (= Old English) thought so, but from your quote I see it was only them.

I'll give you a modern example from Dutch.

We have a word, "wreed", and it used to only mean "cruel". But nowadays young people use the word when the mean "cool".

During the Dutch hippie days they often used the word "gaaf" (with that gutteral sound in the beginning you all live so much, lol), meaning: wow, cool. But it's original meaning (and still used) is "smooth", or "complete" or "without faults".

And I am not missing anything about your quote about ADEL. It's you - and many others - who are missing something.

joy

early 13c., "feeling of pleasure and delight," from O.Fr. joie, from L. gaudia, pl. of gaudium "joy," from gaudere "rejoice," from PIE base *gau- (cf. Gk. gaio "I rejoice," M.Ir. guaire "noble"). Joy-riding is Amer.Eng., 1908.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=joy

I think when the slaves were freed, from Babylon, say, they rejoiced quite a bit.

The word noble as in to know has no connection - what has connection in the form of noble is:

Nobility, a hereditary caste

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble

Noble may be to know, as in famous, but nobility is always about class and distinction of caste as Wiki tells us above. Free or a slave. Slaves were not nobility.

joy

early 13c., "feeling of pleasure and delight," from O.Fr. joie, from L. gaudia, pl. of gaudium "joy," from gaudere "rejoice," from PIE base *gau- (cf. Gk. gaio "I rejoice," M.Ir. guaire "noble"). Joy-riding is Amer.Eng., 1908.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=joy

I think when the slaves were freed, from Babylon, say, they rejoiced quite a bit.

Check my etymology for "goat", a page back.

I really am clairvoyant, LOL !!

==

The word noble as in to know has no connection - what has connection in the form of noble is:

Nobility, a hereditary caste

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble

Noble may be to know, as in famous, but nobility is always about class and distinction of caste as Wiki tells us above. Free or a slave. Slaves were not nobility.

I have heard of noble slaves, and I also have heard of imprisoned nobility.

Noble is about respect and power and being generous.

OK, this is not my thing.

Check my etymology for "goat", a page back.

I really am clairvoyant, LOL !!

==

I have heard of noble slaves, and I also have heard of imprisoned nobility.

Noble is about respect and power and being generous.

OK, this is not my thing.

Some things are not my thing.

Generally it was imo a noble prince who was seen as such, maybe King Arthur or Galahad - but the noble part is really who they were, royalty or freemen and not slaves. (imo)

About goat, think of Pan here - he is a goat - he is also a possible form of Hades, as the Devil or Satan in Hell, the red hot inferno of death, that was once Hades.

So, that goat and gadir are very much alike again doesn't suprise me because the base is probably some kind of same word for the person who was in Hell. The gatekeeper or something, it will come to me.

The goat is very tied in with the Underworld.

The scapegoat was a goat that was designated (Hebrew לַעֲזָאזֵֽל ) la-aza'zeyl; either "for absolute removal" (Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon) or possibly "for Azazel" (some modern versions taking the term as a name) and outcast in the desert as part of the ceremonies of the Day of Atonement, that began during the Exodus with the original Tabernacle and continued through the times of the temples in Jerusalem.

Throughout the year and on the Day of Atonement, the the record of all the sins of the Israelites was transferred to the Tabernacle by the blood of the sacrifices. On the Day of Atonement, the tabernacle was cleansed of all the accumulated sins by the ritual described in Leviticus 16. At that time the high priest transfers the accumulated sins from the tabernacle to the scapegoat which is then sent into the desert wilderness. The Tabernacle is thus cleansed of sin.[6]

This has been interpreted to be a prefigure of the final judgment by which sin is removed forever from the universe. Through the sacrifice of Jesus, the sins of the believers are forgiven them, but the fact that sins were committed still exist on record in the "Books" of heaven (see Revelation 20:12). After the final judgment, the responsibility for all those forgiven sins are accredited to the originator of sin, Satan. After which, Satan is destroyed in the Lake of Fire. Sin no longer will exist anywhere.[7]

Since this goat is sent away to perish,[8] the word "scapegoat" has come to mean a person who is blamed and punished for the sins, crimes or sufferings of others, generally as a way of distracting attention from the real causes. The story of the scapegoat in Leviticus has also been interpreted as a symbolic prefigure of the self-sacrifice of Jesus, who takes the sins of humanity on his own head, having been crucified on a cross outside the city by order of the high priests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapegoating

The primary sense seems to have been "beloved, friend, to love;" which in some languages (notably Germanic and Celtic) developed also a sense of "free," perhaps from the terms "beloved" or "friend" being applied to the free members of one's clan (as opposed to slaves, cf. L. liberi, meaning both "free" and "children"). Cf. Goth. frijon "to love;" O.E. freod "affection, friendship," friga "love," friðu "peace;" O.N. friðr, Ger. Friede "peace;" O.E. freo "wife;" O.N. Frigg "wife of Odin," lit. "beloved" or "loving;" M.L.G. vrien "to take to wife, Du. vrijen, Ger. freien "to woo."

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=free

Note Liberi is there. Also Frya comes from these forms too. Freyr only means Lord because the word is relative to free or liberi.

This is more my thing:

It's the Pax Christi symbol, said the have been composed/seen by Emperor Constantine (a merging of the Greek letters chi and rho):

9ig2z5.jpg

monogram Chi-Rho

According to Sir Flinders Petrie - the Egyptologist - the monogram Chi-Rho was the emblem of the Egyptian God, Horus, thousands of years before Christ and is therefore a link between Horus the savior, and Christ the savior. I had already noted on several occasions the links between these ancient characters and so this was highly believable and conclusive.

And also notice the alpha and omega signs.. the beginning and end... of the Yule wheel??

http://www.nissaba.nl/nisphp/viewtopic.php?t=1022

Another 'christian' influence in the OLB??

++++++++

EDIT:

From the OLB:

"What appears at the top is the signs of the Juul—that is, the first symbol of Wr-alda, also of the origin or beginning from which Time is derived; this is the Kroder, which must always go round with the Juul."

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/

Well, what is that 'kroder' thing... it is a wheelbarrow : http://kroder-krooder.hyves.nl/ (or the one using it, a "kruier"/"krooier" in Dutch)

Wheelbarrow%201%20prim.jpg?1304722833

Now look again at the chi-rho symbol again, and look at the top.

Nice 'kroder', eh??

All this talking about God for a while (ADEL) really inspired me, lol.

I have been talking about the Christian (or adopted by Christians) sign of the Chi-Rho.

What became very popular soon after it was adopted/invented, was adding the Greek letters Alpha and Omega, left and right of the sign:

Labarum.png

The extra letters point to a proverb about God: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Now watch this example of the Yule Wheel in the Oera Linda Book (it is right below the letter index in the OLB, Plate II, http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#at ):

WRALDA-YULE.jpg

The OLB letters around the circle say, WRALDA. What is realy nice, is that left is the OLB letter for "A" and to the right is the OLB letter for "W". The OLB "W" is of course not the same as the Greek Omega, but it sure as hell looks similar. So top right of the Yule wheel you have the first letter of Wralda, top left you have the last letter of Wralda.

And for those who don't know, Wralda is the OLB equivalent for God.

This is all about Christian ideas slipping into the OLB. No surprize when you consider who are the 'suspects', heh.

==

EDIT:

To make it even more clear: here the Chi-Rho sign with added OLB Yule wheel "kroder" (=wheelbarrow) on top:

chi_rho1.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

Wheelbarrow hey, OK, I could see that, cool.

Just one wheel on a wheelbarrow, the wheel pusher, the one who pushes the time around - the Kroder.

Like one of those Council workers who pushes along the stick with a wheel to measure the distance as the wheel turns it measures...

Didn't Otharus say before about Alpha and Omega letters as part of Wralda?

I'm not sure what symbol is being referred to as the Horus one that is a chi-ro one unless the ankh is meant...?

But certainly, Horus is symbolic of Jesus as well.

Self-taught amateur Egyptologist Gerald Massey argued that the deity of Horus and Jesus shared identical mythological origins in his 1907 book Ancient Egypt, the light of the world.[12] His views have been repeated by theologian and Toronto Star columnist Tom Harpur, author Acharya S, and political comedian Bill Maher.[13][14][15] Theologian W. Ward Gasque composed an e-mail to twenty leading Egyptologists, including Professor Emeritus of Egyptology at the University of Liverpool Kenneth Kitchen, and Professor of Egyptology at the University of Toronto Ron Leprohan. The e-mail detailed the comparisons alleged by Massey which had been repeated by Harpur. The scholars were unanimous in dismissing any similarities suggested by Massey, and one Egyptologist criticized the comparison as "fringe nonsense."[16]

To the right a 15th century painting by Fra Filippo Lippi of the Madonna. On the left Isis and Horus, respectively the wife-sister and son of Osiris. "When Christianity was spreading across the Empire, it's clear that it deliberately took images from the pagan world in which it lived and into which it spread and used those images."[17] Egyptologist E. A. Wallis Budge suggests possible connections or parallels in Osiris' resurrection story with those found in Christianity:

"The Egyptians of every period in which they are known to us believed that Osiris was of divine origin, that he suffered death and mutilation at the hands of the powers of evil, that after a great struggle with these powers he rose again, that he became henceforth the king of the underworld and judge of the dead, and that because he had conquered death the righteous also might conquer death...In Osiris the Christian Egyptians found the prototype of Christ, and in the pictures and statues of Isis suckling her son Horus, they perceived the prototypes of the Virgin Mary and her child."

The OLB tells us also that Jessos is called Buda.

The study of Jesus from a mythographical perspective is the examination of the narrative of Jesus, the Christ ("the Anointed") of the gospels, Christian theology and folk Christianity as a central part of Christian mythology. It has been noted since antiquity, and in modern scholarship since the 19th century, that Jesus Christ has striking parallels to other deities worshipped in Hellenistic religion, specifically to the cult of Dionysus in the Greek mystery religions and with the Buddha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Christ_in_comparative_mythology

They report as I said before that Christians worship Serapis as Christ, so the trinity is really God, earth and bounty, father, mother, son (children).

Osiris ruling the Underworld sounds rather Hades-like too.

I'm not really sure what you were pointing out in your post...