Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

Just checking out the Basque myths and culture. Apparently they hold women in particularly high regard and the main deity is Mari. Mountains and stones figure prominently.

www.sareoso.org.uk/Liburutegia/ontzia/Basque%20mythology.doc

Also there are many claims about the language and its affiliation with foreign tongues. Algonquine is mentioned as well as Sammi/Magyar as being related. Not much to go on even if it is true.

http://planetrjl.tripod.com/LaFraughName/id14.html

Jim, from what I learned from your posts, you are very much interested in spiritual things (and so am I).

Puzz has no interest in spiritual stuff at all, she just screws around with words, and thinks she is able to prove her point of view by just that.

You are out to find links to how people may have thought and reasoned millennia ago, Puzz is out to use every bit of language and her very own way of etymology to prove here 'twisted' point of view.

Maybe you think the two of you two are on the same tract, but believe me: you are NOT.

All Puzz is interested in is proving Atlantis is real, and no ten horses will be able to drag her away from that idea.

This thread is just another thread she needed to 'prove' her fantasy (and she started like 15 threads about Atlantis).

Puzz, I am not 'opposing' you, but I think it is time for you to admit you will do/post just anything to prove "Atlantis" is real.

Edited by Abramelin

Jim, from what I learned from your posts, you are very much interested in spiritual things (and so am I).

Puzz has no interest in spiritual stuff at all, she just screws around with words, and thinks she is able to prove her point of view by just that.

You are out to find links to how people may have thought and reasoned millennia ago, Puzz is out to use every bit of language and her very own way of etymology to prove here 'twisted' point of view.

Maybe you think the two of you two are on the same tract, but believe me: you are NOT.

All Puzz is interested in is proving Atlantis is real, and no ten horses will be able to drag her away from that idea.

This thread is just another thread she needed to 'prove' her fantasy (and she started like 15 threads about Atlantis).

Puzz, I am not 'opposing' you, but I think it is time for you to admit you will do/post anything to prove "Atlantis" is real.

I feel we all offer very different but equally useful insight. Obviously mine is less than yourself, Alewyn, Puzz and Otharus among others because you know more of the subject matter and devote more time. Hopefully I can just widen the scope a little bit because I am interested in understanding the overall picture.

We are all here for individuals reasons but collectively we add to the puzzle. What Puzz does is vital imo to make a thread like this flow and lead off into new areas of research. Even if we don't get THE answers, we are still learning as we go.

Atlantis is an engima the way it is so prominent in our consciousness. It is the archetypal flood myth although flood myths are common the world over. What makes the OLB interesting is that it is relatively specific in some areas and vague in others. It is possibly true although the evidence appears contradictory at times. The Basque are probably less linked to the OLB but we can't say for sure. The Basque sound Celtic in some respects and are a glaring example of PIE cultures. Is the OLB culture going to be PIE or IE or anything else? All useful areas and surprisingly I think more avenues of research will arise from what Puzz has cooking up because that is how it tends to work. It is all fuel for thought and no more than that at this stage (imo).

Just checking out the Basque myths and culture. Apparently they hold women in particularly high regard and the main deity is Mari. Mountains and stones figure prominently.

www.sareoso.org.uk/Liburutegia/ontzia/Basque%20mythology.doc

Also there are many claims about the language and its affiliation with foreign tongues. Algonquine is mentioned as well as Sammi/Magyar as being related. Not much to go on even if it is true.

http://planetrjl.tripod.com/LaFraughName/id14.html

Check out Barry Cunliffe's book, The People of the Atlantic, maybe at your library. You will see how all the people of the coastal edge of Europe were connected, they have sailed those edges for thousands of years. The Celts of the West knew the Phaethon myth best, this Aquilina area, look where it is, right in the corner.

Funny how they are the Eagle people, follow the eagle Slim, and the nose, through Rome and then, how about that, who are the Romans? Trojans, and English people have very Roman noses... then you have to think, where was Troy and the common link of Paris in France.

I don't care to defend myself from what Abe says, I think you have seen enough of my posts and know me well enough to MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP and not have someone parrot to you what you should think. I just put it out there.

I feel we all offer very different but equally useful insight. Obviously mine is less than yourself, Alewyn, Puzz and Otharus among others because you know more of the subject matter and devote more time. Hopefully I can just widen the scope a little bit because I am interested in understanding the overall picture.

We are all here for individuals reasons but collectively we add to the puzzle. What Puzz does is vital imo to make a thread like this flow and lead off into new areas of research. Even if we don't get THE answers, we are still learning as we go.

Atlantis is an engima the way it is so prominent in our consciousness. It is the archetypal flood myth although flood myths are common the world over. What makes the OLB interesting is that it is relatively specific in some areas and vague in others. It is possibly true although the evidence appears contradictory at times. The Basque are probably less linked to the OLB but we can't say for sure. The Basque sound Celtic in some respects and are a glaring example of PIE cultures. Is the OLB culture going to be PIE or IE or anything else? All useful areas and surprisingly I think more avenues of research will arise from what Puzz has cooking up because that is how it tends to work. It is all fuel for thought and no more than that at this stage (imo).

Jesus Jim, you should know you won't have to 'politically correct' with me.

Tell us what you feel, not what you assume you are supposed to tell us.

Check out Barry Cunliffe's book, The People of the Atlantic, maybe at your library. You will see how all the people of the coastal edge of Europe were connected, they have sailed those edges for thousands of years. The Celts of the West knew the Phaethon myth best, this Aquilina area, look where it is, right in the corner.

Funny how they are the Eagle people, follow the eagle Slim, and the nose, through Rome and then, how about that, who are the Romans? Trojans, and English people have very Roman noses... then you have to think, where was Troy and the common link of Paris in France.

I don't care to defend myself from what Abe says, I think you have seen enough of my posts and know me well enough to MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP and not have someone parrot to you what you should think. I just put it out there.

Do you have any skeptical bone left in your body, Puzz? Or do you just gobble up what suits your fancy?

*I* have seen more than enough of your posts, and I think it's you, and no one but you, who is convinced that you are on to someting.

Have you ever wondered why an Alewyn, or even an Otharus, do not show up much in this thread???

Otharus has the perfect excuse: he has no easy access to the internet. Heh, yeah.

The Eagle People, jesus, Puzz, the Aquitanians had nothing whatsoever to do with eagles or eagle-noses.

You do not understand **** about language or etymology, or even myths.

You just push and push and push, and all you push with is crap.

++++++

Do you even understand the Basque proverb I posted??

You tried to Google it, eh?

Heh.

Edited by Abramelin

Do you have any skeptical bone left in your body, Puzz? Or do you just gobble up what suits your fancy?

*I* have seen more than enough of your posts, and I think it's you, and no one but you, who is convinced that you are on to someting.

Have you ever wondered why an Alewyn, or even an Otharus, do not show up much in this thread???

Otharus has the perfect excuse: he has no easy access to the internet. Heh, yeah.

The Eagle People, jesus, Puzz, the Aquitanians had nothing whatsoever to do with eagles or eagle-noses.

++++++

Do you even understand the Basque proverb I posted??

You tried to Google it, eh?

Heh.

No, I didn't bother.

William VII (born Peter, Pierre-Guillaume) (1023 – Autumn 1058), called the Eagle (Aigret) or the Bold (le Hardi), was the duke of Aquitaine and count of Poitou (as William V) between 1039 and his death, following his half-brother Odo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_VII,_Duke_of_Aquitaine

No, I didn't bother.

William VII (born Peter, Pierre-Guillaume) (1023 Autumn 1058), called the Eagle (Aigret) or the Bold (le Hardi), was the duke of Aquitaine and count of Poitou (as William V) between 1039 and his death, following his half-brother Odo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_VII,_Duke_of_Aquitaine

You didn't bother.

I should have known: you don't bother about facts, but you do bother about words that have the slightest connection with what was in your flimsy fantasy.

Puzz, I have waded through all your posts, and I can truelly say that none of them was able to convince me.

Well, that must have been just me then, eh? All the onlookers are cheering at you, thumbs up, but too shy to post about it.

No.

Alewyn was close to convince me with his finds about what happened around 2200 BC, but then I found out that what he thought happened around 2200 BC, did actually happen around 2350 BC.

I posted about what these German archeologists found, an ancient European civilizaton of 7000 BP, but it was to far away in time to have anything to do with the OLB story.

I was the one who posted about a Minoan ship that sunk near the west coast of Denmark, around 1500 BC.

I was the one who posted about a Bronze Age grave of a priest carrying a bronze disk depicting a 6-spoked wheel, much like the OLB Yule wheel.

I was the one who posted about a Dunkirk Transgression around 300 BC / in connection with the OLB flood of around that time (and found out later it didn't happen at that date, sorry).

==

My point: I do have my doubts, and I am willing to post what I find, despite the fact that it may shake my conviction about the OLB being a hoax/fantasy/fairy tale.

But all I read from the believers here is flimsy 'proof', and they cannot be dragged away from their fierce belief that the 'proof' they posted is somewhat doubtable.

Do you believers have an 'open mind', or is your mind already set on, "the OLB is true, nothing but the truth, and no 10 horses will drag me away from that idea" ??

Edited by Abramelin

You didn't bother.

I should have known: you don't bother about facts, but you do bother about words that have the slightest connection with what was in your flimsy fantasy.

Puzz, I have waded through all your posts, and I can truelly say that none of them was able to convince me.

Well, that must have been just me then, eh? All the onlookers are cheering at you, thumbs up, but too shy to post about it.

Maybe because they have a brain that can see how obvious it all is and many of them aren't Dutch. The most arrogant people of all.

You lot will the last to inherit the Earth.

Maybe because they have a brain that can see how obvious it all is and many of them aren't Dutch. The most arrogant people of all.

You lot will the last to inherit the Earth.

"The most arrogant people of all".

If you cannot win your case, you just accuse a whole nation; it is ME you are talking with, not the Netherlands, ok?

People do have a brain, and think it is of no use to even bother correcting you on your ridiculous ideas.

I am too stubborn, I will never ever give up correcting you whenever I can.

++

Goddamn, when did I ever say anything bad about Australians or South Africans??

Is that all you got??

Edited by Abramelin

You are ALL like that, Dutch mates I know have nicknames like Macho (Macho man, arrogant) and Black Cat (because of course their cat is always so much blacker than mine).

220px-Arrano_Beltza.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrano_beltza

Arrano Beltza - the black eagle of the Basques.

Arrano - aryan, arran, Eagle people - look at Cyrus nose.

Portrait_of_Cyrus_the_Great.jpg

Looking a bit Spanish/Latino there imo.

Sancho VII Sánchez (17 April 1154 – 7 April 1234),[1] called the Strong (el Fuerte in Spanish, Antso Azkarra in Basque) or the Prudent, was the King of Navarre from 1194 to his death. His retirement at the end of his life has given rise to the alternate nickname el Encerrado or "the Retired."

The historian and forensic anthropologist, Luis del Campo, who studied his mortal remains, affirms that he was 2,23 meters (7.3 feet) height.

These men were giants. In fact, Adela the name is really French. She stood at 7 feet tall too.

But you still do not now what my Basque proverb meant.

Google sucks, eh? Lol.

--

But I am glad I finally know where you are coming from.

Narrow-minded, and full of fantasy.

Go wrestle with crocs. That's what you people are best at.

Don't try to think, it will give you a headache.

Edited by Abramelin

I'll remind you all that Buddha had an aquiline nose. That's very Asian isn't it? NOT.

Follow your nose...

That's the advice from this little mouse.

:tu:

I'll remind you all that Buddha had an aquiline nose. That's very Asian isn't it? NOT.

Follow your nose...

Oh really?

Show me photograph of Buddha.

Take another magic shroom or a sip of your wine.

==

Don't worry Saru, I quit, and go to sleep. That's what arrogant Dutch people do when they get tired of insane bull.

Goodnight.

Go wrestle with crocs. That's what you people are best at.

That's right, our men are REAL men and we don't have to boast about it.

Follow your nose...

Oh really?

==

Don't worry Saru, I quit, and go to sleep. That's what arrogant Dutch people do when they get tired of insane bull.

Goodnight.

Oh really?

==

Goodnight.

Well, they didn't have camera's back then.

Despite cultural and regional differences in the interpretations of texts about the life of Buddha, there are some general guidelines to the attributes of a Buddharupa. One of these is that the Buddha has a long, aquiline nose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquiline_nose

Abe, take a chill pill mate.

You direct all this at me, first.

I found that somewhat very arrogant.

Sorry if I said the truth. :innocent:

Here's your aquiline nose:

Buddha%27sface.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

Abe, take a chill pill mate.

You direct all this at me, first.

I found that somewhat very arrogant.

Sorry if I said the truth. :innocent:

And now you explain to me what that all has to do with the Dutch people.

You have an argument with ME, and not with the Dutch.

==

But yeah, you push and push an push.... bullsh through the rectum.

Edited by Abramelin

And now you explain to me what that all has to do with the Dutch people.

You have an argument with ME, and not with the Dutch.

==

But yeah, you push and push an push.... bullsh through the rectum.

Forget it, I was making a point about your attitude and how it compares to the Dutch in general, I generalise all the time with stereo-types.

I'm not pushing anything.

I want to solve the OLB and know if the Europeans really took everything to the West and it came back in and bit us on our rectums...

From what's coming up it seems pretty clear they did.

The Cantabrian refuge area, original ancient Europeans - spread out East ---> the rest is history.

300px-Lascaux2.jpg

It experienced successively the Chatelperronian, Aurignacian, Gravettian, Solutrean, Magdalenian, Azilian and post Azilian geometric cultures, with their respective cultural expressions, noticeably the most famous mural art. Solutrean, Magdalenian and Azilian cultures evolved locally in this area.

The region may have been a major refugium for Paleolithic peoples during the Last Glacial Maximum, apparently playing a major role as source for the repopulation of Europe after this extremely cold period ended[1].

From an archaeological viewpoint, Jean-Pierre Bocquet-Appel has argued that there are grounds for considering that the Aquitaine and French-Cantabrian refuge zone, may have been the principal source of Late Glacial re-colonisation[2]. His demographic simulations, based in archaeological data, suggest that it was by large the most densely populated region of Europe through all the Upper Paleolithic.

[edit] Dissolution of the regional homogeneity in the NeolithicThe area became culturally divided between the Mediterranean and the Atlantic subareas in the Neolithic period losing its homogeneity as the Eastern part incorporated strongly the Cardium Pottery culture, while the West remained less developed (subneolithic). Basques and Gascons are arguably the direct descendants of the peoples of the Atlantic area, who remained more closed (relatively) to the new tendencies from the Mediterranean and Central Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Cantabrian_region

I'll give you some French Basque before I go.

Et Arcadia Ego.

Ciao for now.

Statues can be made however you want.

It's very clear:

One of these is that the Buddha has a long, aquiline nose.

Yeah, they are going to stick an eagle beak nose on the statues of Buddha..

But if he is Jesus, Jessos, he should have one, Jews do.

Edited by The Puzzler