Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

Well Puzz, it is a known fact that the people from the Baltic and the people from the Mediterranean traded in amber.

And as I said before, along with merchandize comes words, religious ideas, and customs.

No doubt Latin/Roman ideas, words and so on ended up in the Baltic and visa versa.

The problem is finding out if some word or expression is originally Roman or Baltic.

Yes, I believe that is but keep up, I have given quite a few examples of words that can only be Frisian or Fryan language derived - in other words, from languages of the Baltic.

Not another form, as is form, or only slightly modified.

I just gave some Gods. I also gave E-geria, an important one to send me in the right direction. Latvian, Lithuanians, Frisians, Fryans, all would have shared a common language and cultural values. These people in Rome who gave some Gods to them, also gave their language to them. Saturn's a good one. It even has a straight out Frisian meaning.

Vesta is another - it only comes from fasten, contract, in Frisian. These people in early Rome had Fryan values and 'sacred books' and some of their language.

Edited by The Puzzler

No, Marseille is not on this map. Do you have any idea, why ?

LOL, I posted a part of the Peutinger map which clearly shows "Masilia Grecorum".

Again:

post-18246-0-71412900-1320247737_thumb.p

Yes, I believe that is but keep up, I have given quite a few examples of words that can only be Frisian or Fryan language derived - in other words, from languages of the Baltic.

Not another form, as is form, or only slightly modified.

I just gave some Gods. I also gave E-geria, an important one to send me in the right direction. Latvian, Lithuanians, Frisians, Fryans, all would have shared a common language and cultural values. These people in Rome who gave some Gods to them, also gave their language to them. Saturn's a good one. It even has a straight out Frisian meaning.

Vesta is another - it only comes from fasten, contract, in Frisian. That is the only word it means, I can guarantee it. These people in early Rome had Fryan values and 'sacred books' and some of their language.

Rolf Bremmer and collegues have made a study about Latin loanwords into Old Frisian.

I tried to find it, but maybe I will succeed later on.

Rolf Hendrik Bremmer is a Dutch academic. He is professor of Old and Middle English, and extraordinary professor of Old Frisian, at Leiden University.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolf_Bremmer

kâch, kei, afries., st. M. (a): nhd. Land außerhalb des Deichs; ne. land (N.)

outside the dike;

That's probably Kauch.

A cape more than likely.

kâch, kei, afries., st. M. (a): nhd. Land außerhalb des Deichs; ne. land (N.)

outside the dike;

That's probably Kauch.

A cape more than likely.

Yeah, I think that is more likely than Kauch being a Chaucian.

"Hey Land outside the Dike, whatsup?"

Just kidding.

I think that the modern Frisian "hauk" (=hawk) has more connection with the ancient Chauci; people loved to call themselves after some special totem animal.

++++++++++

And especially for Menno:

Peutinger_Masilia_Grecorum2.jpg

I don't think people will name their city as being painfull, but the "Ache" in the meanning of waters and streams and so on seems more likely: people tend to name their cities according to either who founded it or to where it is located.

Possible meaning of "AKEN".

According to Jensma (2006, p.75) the Oldfrisian dictionary of Mr. M. de Haan Hettema gives: bekend (known).

OLB p.2 line 13

THACH THÀT ELLA IS JO SELVA A.KEN.

Ottema p.7

Doch dat alles is u zelven ook bekend

Sandbach p.7

This is well known to you

Jensma

Maar dat alles is u zelf bekend

Possible meaning of "AKEN".

According to Jensma (2006, p.75) the Oldfrisian dictionary of Mr. M. de Haan Hettema gives: bekend (known).

OLB p.2 line 13

THACH THÀT ELLA IS JO SELVA A.KEN.

Ottema p.7

Doch dat alles is u zelven ook bekend

Sandbach p.7

This is well known to you

Jensma

Maar dat alles is u zelf bekend

But those are 2 words A and KEN.

We talk about a city in the OLB called AKEN, one word.

Example from the OLB:

Abêlo, Jaltjas man, grêvetman ovir tha Sûdar Flylânda. Fjvwers is-er hyrman wêsen. Tha burga Aken, Ljvdburch aend Kâtsburch send vnder sin hod.

...the burgs Aken, Liudburg and Katsburg were in his care.

Page 5, line 20:

olb5.jpg-for-web-xlarge.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

Where is the island ?

Nowhere.

Massilia never was an island.

You are looking for an island called "Missellia" in the north of the "Middel Sea" (OLB).

Your Mallorca sounds totally different, and is located in the western part of the Mediterranean. Not in the north of that sea.

And it is not near the coast.

Waxilia/Wexila/Wessilia was an island close to the Frisian coast, in the north of the former Frisian Middel Sea.

Edited by Abramelin

But I have a little surprize:

A map made by Ortelius:

23537-01.jpg

And now look to the west of Marseilles....

There is an island close to the coast, but it's not Marseilles/Massilia.

And I think it only existed in the mind of Ortelius... and thus in the mind of the ones who created the OLB.

^_^

Edited by Abramelin

We talk about a city in the OLB called AKEN, one word.

Example from the OLB:

Abêlo, Jaltjas man, grêvetman ovir tha Sûdar Flylânda. Fjvwers is-er hyrman wêsen. Tha burga Aken, Ljvdburch aend Kâtsburch send vnder sin hod.

...the burgs Aken, Liudburg and Katsburg were in his care.

Page 5, line 20:

olb5.jpg-for-web-xlarge.jpg

On the same page you find frya.s and vnt.fryast. You wouldn't say that those are two words. So the dot (.) must have a different use.

Edited by Knul

A map made by Ortelius:

23537-01.jpg

And I think it only existed in the mind of Ortelius... and thus in the mind of the ones who created the OLB.

^_^

Can you find a better map by Ortelius ?

Edited by Knul

"I don't see the island. I see a line indicating mountains. Please show a better map"

Huh??

Look above "Septentrio". That's an island I tell you.

"I don't see the island. I see a line indicating mountains. Please show a better map"

Huh??

Look above "Septentrio". That's an island I tell you.

I hope you see it now:

post-18246-0-56020200-1320257391_thumb.j

A.KEN = A-ken = Aken

There's plenty of examples of words in OLB that originally were two words with a dot in between, and later became one word.

Random example p.3 line 17: ROND.DÉL = rondeel (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rondeel_(vesting))

In De Haan Hettema's dictionary "aken" was spelled as one word, meaning: known.

So now the meaning of AKEN is known. LOL

Edited by Otharus

A map made by Ortelius:

23537-01.jpg

^_^

You post maps with and whitout island. Do you want to proof, that there is an island at Marseille or do you want to proof, that there is none.

A map made by Ortelius

Did you notice that nowaday Ibiza was called "Yuica"?

Doesn't really sound similar, does it?

You post maps with and whitout island. Do you want to proof, that there is an island at Marseille or do you want to proof, that there is none.

I post what I find, and I am not one to hold back what I find because it might disprove what I thought first.

None of you ever posted these maps, and I assume you all know how to Google.

But still: there indeed is/are island/s near Marseille, but small ones. Assuming Ortelius was right. And none of them have names anything remotely similar to "Misselia".

Maybe he depicted an old situation, I don't know.

So where ia the island at Marseille ?

If I had been a bomb, I would have exploded by now.

HERE:

post-18246-0-17406200-1320258627_thumb.j

Did you notice that nowaday Ibiza was called "Yuica"?

Doesn't really sound similar, does it?

No, that's why I post centuries old maps.

It's "Martegue", you see it, yes? Or "Maguelone", another island?

Please say 'yes'.

Edited by Abramelin