Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yvette Fielding quits Most Haunted

Saru

Yvette Fielding has announced that she is leaving Most Haunted. The presenter made the announcement in a statement posted on the website for the show's production company Antix Productions, which she set up with her husband Karl Beattie.

arrow3.gifRead more...

The original statement can be found - here.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supervike

• Fewzz

• Leah G.

• Gwynbleidd

lol good, i watched like 2 episodes and was annoyed by the fact that everything she heard "was" paranormal and it always freaked her out

she took the money and ran,? After people found out it was fake? Wonder what "move on" for her means. House in Hawaii. :gun:

Wow, what happened with Yvette???? Why all of the negativity???

I remember when that first show began and I thought it was great with Derek Acorah back in the day. Yvette screaming at every little thing. LOL

But then we were sick of it by the time it got to series 8 and we didn't download any of the shows anymore (we're in Australia and we had to get them from the UK as they weren't broadcast here then).

We always thought it was fake, but as it was "new" back then, it was rather entertaining, especially when Derek's spirit guide Sam popped in. :D

I'm guessing Yvette and Hubby have made a mint out of the show and will do something else.

Did they ever end up being accused of being fake? And if so, how did Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe fare out of that? The reason I ask is I haven't heard or seen anything here in Australia regarding them. :)

Im sure yvette just got bored after 10 years ..... cmon I mean ten years and not a shred of evidence? ... I would be bored too!

The ghosts are just too good!

hands up who cares

I think this guy nailed it.

lol what's wrong with you people. Less of the angry. If you don't like it don't watch it. Personally I watched it rarely, but it was entertainment. TV is full of rubbish these days, but it was a good idea and provided entertainment value, even if it was just because of the overreacting and sillyness :)

No - not a big believer personally. I've seen the orb thing, but happened to have a mild headache and felt really tired at the time. Look it up peeps. Think you'll find it's called a migraine...

As for ghosts, you can daydream anything and imagine it's real. I thought of a little girl telling me about a problem with her "ex" dad. Without going in to too much detail, the only fit for what I was imagining and the background turned out to be asleep in a room upstairs, very much alive not dead.

Don't take these things seriously, but take it for what it is. Light entertainment.

Hopefully one of the crew will admit the fraud one day.

Remember when one of the crew threw that spoon , lol was so like 'busted!'

When you see her in the dark on her own , she actually isnt , lined around the walls is all the crew , funny how nothing happened to them but always her.

I've watched the programme semi-religiously for the historical value of the first half hour of the show and for the entertainment value of the second half-hour. :) I made a list of all of the places they've been in the UK so that when I make future visits, I can go to these places for myself (provided they're open to the public). So they haven't been entirely useless in my opinion. :clap:

I've had some experience with ghosts and no one believes until it happens to them so I'm no one to judge the show other than it was entertaining. I hope they didn't lie and if they did, well, I don't think I really want to know. I call it entertainment, it's TV for heaven's sake! When they explain the way a stunt was done on TV it takes the thrill out of the show too.

It's sad, the show will never be the same if it goes on. :hmm:

I don't believe anything I see on that show, but it's still preferable to the countless 'Big Brother' knock offs. Plus the history of some of the UKs sites was very enjoyable.

Considering I stopped watching it when she started to be one of the psychics it seemed too false, I am kinda glad. They need to stop the cheese and actually get some decent investigating done. It's ruining the business' rep

It's ruining the business' rep

What rep is that? From an outsider to it, it seems there is nothing but a poor rep for the business.

God that woman got right on my nerves! Scream at EVERYTHING!!! She became one of the psychics? Oh my life...

Guh! I will forever remember my dad trying to get me to sit and watch that eyesore of a show with him. I don’t think I’ve ever sat through the whole thing. What a sham! T.A.P.S. is waaaay better!

Jayde

I gotta agree with you there. Love Taps. You brought back some great memories of me and my Dad sitting around watching spooky movies together, thanks. Hope you charish these days, they never last long enough.

I've watched the programme semi-religiously for the historical value of the first half hour of the show

Yes I always found the historical aspect more interesting than the actual investigation when I used to watch it back in the early days, ghosts and questionnable mediums aside some of the locations they visited were fascinating.

I found Ms. Fielding's histrionics annoying. She wants the audience to accept her as a professional, then she screams her way through every show even when nothing is really happening. Then they would spend the next 10 minutes consoling her and not showing any investigation. I saw that one of the box sets of DVDs would scream like Fielding when you opened it. I guess they found humor in it. The show could be used as a drinking game where whenever she screams, everyone takes a drink. :lol: I stopped watching it after just a few shows. The places they went were totally cool, but Fielding was too much.

• 3 weeks later...

Good riddance to an altogether bad lot. I am sceptical verging on being a non-believer about the existence of ghosts or whatever these things are, but in true scientific form I try to remain open-minded and like to see properly carried out investigations that will perhaps provide good, solid evidence for the likes of people like me. This 'light entertainment show' was truly appalling in every respect. About as unprofessional and staged as you can get. Hat tip to badpsychics.com :tu: who exposed this shambles for what it was. From the outset there was an over-reliance on a mystical scouser psychic and his lies and showmanship. The equipment and scientific setup was never going to provide real evidence. The only thing that this show created was a smug satisfaction for us sceptics and a lot of money for the regulars. I didn't trust one of them. Beatty has now gone on to invent the Paranormal Channel which distracted my attention on the odd occasion until he was caught cheating again in 'Ghosts of the Asylum' (the famous guy hiding in the toilet cubicle incident!). It would be hilarious if they hadn't scammed so much money out of gullible people and advertisers.

I'm afraid these two scamsters and their sidekicks are well past their sell by date and thoroughly discredited. I for one gave up with this rot 8 years ago and will not miss the hysterical women or the shifty eyed blokes with pockets full of small stones. I watch the yank shows occasionally but these are becoming uncomfortable viewing now too. There is room out there for a good British show run by honest sceptics and scientists/engineers to properly investigate venues with a view to gathering EVIDENCE. Let's this not be classed as 'light entertainment' to make profit but a proper science programme to provide facts. Ghost Detectives was pretty good but that show seemed to have been discontinued - funny that! No TV show will find any undeniable evidence of course but at least it will help me regain faith in the intelligence of my fellow man/woman if the objective was to capture evidence and not just 'entertain' the sheeple. I am gob smacked at just how many window lickers out there still won't hear a bad thing said about Most Haunted. Should be renamed Most Wanted! :angry2:

Well, let's be honest, Most Haunted has rather run its course. As others have mentioned, 10 years on and no really impressive evidence to prove that ghosts are fliting about the place? You'd think we'd have got something by now! And lest we forget, it's thanks to this programme we had the "explosion" in groups. Not a good thing as such, arguably, as most of them did follow too much the ethos of the show and it's investigation style. Frankly, do you really need to go around a location in pitch darkness with only a night vision camera to light your way? And as for the histronics of the psyhics... :unsure: It is, of course, just entertainment. If you want a proper, evidence driven approach, don't watch a TV show!

Ohh! I did buy that boxset that screamed. Season 2, Woolworths special. Very funny. Though you did have to take care when putting that on a shelf. Any other disc box resting on it a certain way, you got Yvette screaming! Good way to scare the household pet! :lol:

Edited by Shayde

You mean none of it was real :w00t: