Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampirism

LucidElement

My definition of a vampire is a being that relies on blood to keep itself alive. Not some teenager who thinks he is a vampire. If you actually were a vampire(u-

likely that a real vampire would have any interest in this forum)then you would certainly know.

There is a poll debating the existence of vampires. Poll name: existence of vampires

so what

I am simply informing people who want to discuss the topic. This thread seemed an appropriate place. Doesn't mean you have to be so rude!

Im a vampire.

Prove it!

I am simply informing people who want to discuss the topic. This thread seemed an appropriate place. Doesn't mean you have to be so rude!

Prove it!

do you realize how many vampire threads are here already? people are and have been discussing the topic. you came on this thread and brow beat those who don't believe what you believe, and now you call me rude. that's rich.

Edited by JGirl

I would very much appreciate receiving some answers on the poll. It is fairly straight forward.

And I am not making anyone do anything, if you don't go thats fine, just don't insult me for making a very polite request

Edited by 0011235813

I would very much appreciate receiving some answers on the poll. It is fairly straight forward.

And I am not making anyone do anything, if you don't go thats fine, just don't insult me for making a very polite request

whether you feel insulted is your decision -i am merely pointing out that there are already countless threads you could post on regarding vampires - that's all. if you doubt that go to the right top of your page and search vampirism in the forums. you may be surprised how many threads come up

i did vote on your poll, as you can see if you click on the view option in the poll.

otherwise there is nothing to say on the thread that hasn't been hashed over a million times already

whether you feel insulted is your decision -i am merely pointing out that there are already countless threads you could post on regarding vampires - that's all. if you doubt that go to the right top of your page and search vampirism in the forums. you may be surprised how many threads come up

i did vote on your poll, as you can see if you click on the view option in the poll.

otherwise there is nothing to say on the thread that hasn't been hashed over a million times already

Sorry, are you saying I shouldn't post on the subject?

tell me if I am wrong anybody.

Sorry, are you saying I shouldn't post on the subject?

tell me if I am wrong anybody.

what on earth gives you the idea that i'm suggesting you cannot post on a subject?

you have accused me of insulting you, following you around the internet even, and now this.

i think you need to calm down

My definition of a vampire is a being that relies on blood to keep itself alive. Not some teenager who thinks he is a vampire. If you actually were a vampire(u-

likely that a real vampire would have any interest in this forum)then you would certainly know.

What kind of being?

Nibs

the shear amount of circumstantial evidence is huge. There have been recorded vampire sightings for over two thousand years! over different continents! how can people come up with such similar ideas when they are separated by huge distances and through millennia?!

because their haven't been recordings of actual vampires as they are portrayed (beings that have the shape of a human and suck blood lol)

The only real vampire there is, is the bat.

The rest of these recordings are either metaphores and things that were unexplainable, for example diseases what made humans look like "undead" but still walking around.

vampire

1734, from Fr. vampire or Ger. Vampir (1732, in an account of Hungarian vampires), from Hung. vampir, from O.C.S. opiri (cf. Serb. vampir, Bulg. vapir, Ukrainian uper), said by Slavic linguist Franc Miklošič to be ultimtely from Kazan Tatar ubyr "witch," but Max Vasmer, an expert in this linguistic area, finds that phonetically doubtful. An Eastern European creature popularized in English by late 19c. gothic novels, however there are scattered English accounts of night-walking, blood-gorged, plague-spreading undead corpses from as far back as 1196. Applied 1774 by French biologist Buffon to a species of South American blood-sucking bat.

vamp (n.)

"seductive woman," 1911, short for vampire. First attested use is earlier than the release of the Fox film "A Fool There Was" (January 1915), with sultry Theda Bara in the role of The Vampire. But the movie was based on a play of that name that had been a Broadway hit (title and concept from a Kipling poem, "The Vampire"), and the word may ultimately trace to Bara's role. At any rate, Bara (real name Theodosia Goodman) remains the classic vamp.

A fool there was and he made his prayer

(Even as you and I!)

To a rag and a bone and a hank of hair

(We called her the woman who did not care)

But the fool, he called her his lady fair

(Even as you and I.)

[Kipling, "The Vampire"]

lamia

late 14c., from Gk. lamia "female vampire," lit. "swallower, lecher," from laimos "throat, gullet." Probably cognate with L. lemures "spirits of the dead" (see lemur). Used in early translations of the Bible for screech owls and sea monsters.

You're just another victim of wishful thinking.

because their haven't been recordings of actual vampires as they are portrayed (beings that have the shape of a human and suck blood lol)

The only real vampire there is, is the bat.

The rest of these recordings are either metaphores and things that were unexplainable, for example diseases what made humans look like "undead" but still walking around.

vampire

1734, from Fr. vampire or Ger. Vampir (1732, in an account of Hungarian vampires), from Hung. vampir, from O.C.S. opiri (cf. Serb. vampir, Bulg. vapir, Ukrainian uper), said by Slavic linguist Franc Miklošič to be ultimtely from Kazan Tatar ubyr "witch," but Max Vasmer, an expert in this linguistic area, finds that phonetically doubtful. An Eastern European creature popularized in English by late 19c. gothic novels, however there are scattered English accounts of night-walking, blood-gorged, plague-spreading undead corpses from as far back as 1196. Applied 1774 by French biologist Buffon to a species of South American blood-sucking bat.

vamp (n.)

"seductive woman," 1911, short for vampire. First attested use is earlier than the release of the Fox film "A Fool There Was" (January 1915), with sultry Theda Bara in the role of The Vampire. But the movie was based on a play of that name that had been a Broadway hit (title and concept from a Kipling poem, "The Vampire"), and the word may ultimately trace to Bara's role. At any rate, Bara (real name Theodosia Goodman) remains the classic vamp.

A fool there was and he made his prayer

(Even as you and I!)

To a rag and a bone and a hank of hair

(We called her the woman who did not care)

But the fool, he called her his lady fair

(Even as you and I.)

[Kipling, "The Vampire"]

lamia

late 14c., from Gk. lamia "female vampire," lit. "swallower, lecher," from laimos "throat, gullet." Probably cognate with L. lemures "spirits of the dead" (see lemur). Used in early translations of the Bible for screech owls and sea monsters.

You're just another victim of wishful thinking.

Well I guess we will never know for sure unless we find the real thing.

What kind of being?

Nibs

A being that resembles a human but with some differences (i.e. has a desire for blood etc.)

don't know what else i can say.

Vampirism is real, and doesn't have to do with just chosing a lifestyle, but on how something gains energy from something else. Those who want to live a lifestyle evolving around vampirism can be dangerious and perhaps some that is the allure. There is a difference between living a fun exotic life of blood drinking, for the allure and turn ons, and one that has a person feels the need to feed off the blood of another.

Some claim to be real vampires that can drain energy, and there has been testing to prove something is taking place. But not enough to prove one is actually draining a person of their energy.

There are different kinds of vampirism, and that is a person becomes a hosts to something thats attached to them and feeds from that person in mulitiple ways, through fear, sex, anger, depression, and even suicide and pain. So there is a difference in the question being asked, is vampirism real, yes, but is a person really a vampire, remains to be seen.

That's something to the extent of what I wanted to bring up. I just couldn't word it right. I've seen an episode on tv about psychic vampires. Michelle Belanger was in it. She wrote the book - "Psychic Vampire Coax" Interesting read.

Edited by Disembodied Voice

Well I guess we will never know for sure unless we find the real thing.

You cant find something that doesnt exist.

You cant find something that doesnt exist.

Can you definitively prove it doesn't exist?

No, I didn't think so.

No, I didn't think so.

By that faulty and silly logic, orcs are real. Unicorns are real. Peter pan is real.

But, you cant disprove a negative. How can i disprove, something that isnt real? Can you prove orcs dont exist? How silly is that?

By that faulty and silly logic, orcs are real. Unicorns are real. Peter pan is real.

But, you cant disprove a negative. How can i disprove, something that isnt real? Can you prove orcs dont exist? How silly is that?

But, on the other hand, you can't say for definite that something doesn't exist. The chances might be negligible but there is still a very small chance that anything that can be imagined could exist somewhere.

But, on the other hand, you can't say for definite that something doesn't exist. The chances might be negligible but there is still a very small chance that anything that can be imagined could exist somewhere.

No. Theres not a small chance. Thats bad logic and just wishful thinking.

I guess Vampires may exist in the form of some fools who either like to practice Fantasies or in the form of some Delusional Psychopaths...Apart from that I dont think these creatures may actually exist and after what Stephenie Meyer has portrayed in the Twilight series,even the little image that Vampires had has gone down the drain LOL especially the idea of the Vegetarian Vampires!!!

Edited by Spacelover

No, I didn't think so.

As Mulder already stated, no one can prove a negative. The heart of the issue here is that while these stories have been around for supposedly thousands :rolleyes: of years, there is not one tangible piece of evidence that suggests they are real. Therefore, any reasonable person would be willing to give temporary agreement that they do not exist. Yes?

Let's just look at it -

Common definition of "vampire" is a human being that is killed and because of the infusion of blood from a "vampire" they are once again "alive".

As soon as the human body dies it begins to deteriorate and decompose. The electrical signals in the brain fade and stop. The organs do not function.

So - how is this magical blood circulated? (Not to mention how or why does this blood work.) If the person isn't dead, how does this magical blood make it through the digestive acids?

What restarts all the organs?

Unless the "FM*" idea is brought into play, human biology and chemistry would be evidence AGAINST anything like this.

Now - "Psy-Vamps" - we've discussed in other threads that there is no evidence to support the idea that one person can "suck" the energy from another. Again, human biology and chemistry argue against this as there is no mechanism in the human body to "suck", store or process this energy much less evidence to show that this "energy" exists.

So I think the argument AGAINST a vampire of any sort (other than lawyers and politicians) is quite strong.

Nibs

Let's just look at it -

Common definition of "vampire" is a human being that is killed and because of the infusion of blood from a "vampire" they are once again "alive".

As soon as the human body dies it begins to deteriorate and decompose. The electrical signals in the brain fade and stop. The organs do not function.

So - how is this magical blood circulated? (Not to mention how or why does this blood work.) If the person isn't dead, how does this magical blood make it through the digestive acids?

What restarts all the organs?

Unless the "FM*" idea is brought into play, human biology and chemistry would be evidence AGAINST anything like this.

Now - "Psy-Vamps" - we've discussed in other threads that there is no evidence to support the idea that one person can "suck" the energy from another. Again, human biology and chemistry argue against this as there is no mechanism in the human body to "suck", store or process this energy much less evidence to show that this "energy" exists.

So I think the argument AGAINST a vampire of any sort (other than lawyers and politicians) is quite strong.

Nibs

You can't bring someone back from the dead. You don't know wether a vampire is actually dead. The detail's of such a being are difficult, if you know what I mean..

anyway, why do you always say "Nibs" at the end of your post's, just wondering.

You can't bring someone back from the dead. You don't know wether a vampire is actually dead. The detail's of such a being are difficult, if you know what I mean..

anyway, why do you always say "Nibs" at the end of your post's, just wondering.

IMO, its their sig. More or less.

But ill let Nibs elaborate.