Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

wormholes

death

i was just wondering who believed in wormholes?? i read abou them and fully believe that we could use a wormhole to travel to a diffrent place in the galaxy or to move to another galaxy completely! such as andromeda??

so then, does anyone else have anything else to add?? original.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• death

• Unorthodox Thesis

• Asterix

• Lemon-clock

By the way, isn't it kinda funny to say "believe" in wormholes? tongue.gif I mean, it's like saying "believe in gravity"!

As for what you really meant, that is whether wormholes can be used for space travel or not, well...in theory, yes. We'll know when we'll try! Generally speaking though, I don't think there are many things in this world that are impossible. Impossible is Nothing! wink2.gif

k then!! but looking at stars is like looking back in time! because the ligh tfrom the star takes so long to travel here that if there were alien civilisations we wouldn't know for thoudands or mayb millions of years!

Yes I do believe in wormholes I also believe in blackholes having a paralel universes in them alien.gif *X files theme* thumbsup.gif ..... abduct.gif

i was under the impression that worm holes were still theory..

I've read somewhere that artificial wormhole can be created but the size would be very small and very difficult to keep the 'path' stable.

good for you lemon clock! i kinda believe ina parallel universe in a black whole! cuz if you think avbout it time is kinda splintered throughout the universe!

Ahh.... When I was in 2nd grade, I knew the true meaning

of worm-holes......

Im pretty sure wormholes already have been proven to exist, the problem is that we don't actually know if it would be wise to travel through one. Thats the big debate about wormholes. thumbsup.gif

Im pretty sure wormholes already have been proven to exist, the problem is that we don't actually know if it would be wise to travel through one. Thats the big debate about wormholes. thumbsup.gif

Well theres only one way to find out!!! thumbsup.gif

When you try to cross the event horizon of a wormhole, which is composed of light rays the go around and around, you entire a region of infinite energy density, you would be fried by a bolt of radiation as you are exiting. This is because unlike a black hole, whose light rays go on and on, a white holes light rays go around and around, constantly returning to their ground state (minimum energy) and then returning to a high energy level, going through a wormhole would be like entering a turbulent sea of energy whose tidal wave well really wipe you out!

Lookie what I found. tongue.gif

A beam of light traversing a path between two points in curved space-time can take longer to complete the journey than a hypothetical spaceship taking advantage of a wormhole’s shortcut connection between the two distinct regions of space-time.

Although they may seem more the stuff of science fiction than science fact, physicists first dreamed up the idea of wormholes. In 1935, Albert Einstein and Nathan Rosen realized that general relativity allows the existence of “bridges,” originally called Einstein-Rosen bridges but now known as wormholes. These space-time tubes act as shortcuts connecting distant regions of space-time. By journeying through a wormhole, you could travel between the two regions faster than a beam of light would be able to if it moved through normal space-time. As with any mode of faster-than-light travel, wormholes offer the possibility of time travel.

Until recently, theorists believed that wormholes could exist for only an instant of time, and anyone trying to pass through would run into a singularity. But more recent calculations show that a truly advanced civilization might be able to make wormholes work. By using something physicists call “exotic matter,” which has a negative energy, the civilization could prevent a wormhole from collapsing on itself. The stuff of science fiction, to be sure. But perhaps some day in the far future, it could also turn into science fact.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/hawking/strange/ht...l/wormhole.html